collapse

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. BRAWL (All topics Merged)  (Read 130406 times)

Offline KenshinX

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:September 18, 2011, 01:36:06 PM
Re: Multiplayer Super Smash Bros. Brawl Discussion
« Reply #3525 on: April 20, 2008, 03:49:30 AM »
The OFFICIAL definition of Tiers:

Tiers: Tiers are a general breakdown of how each character stacks up in comparison to the other characters in the game. The tier list assumes a few things. First and most importantly is that it is based on the current metagame (which is based on the mind-games and technical skill of the top players). Current is the vital point here, it is not based on future potential, but on current potential (as a note here Fox is considered to have the most potential in the game). Second, the tier list assumes those playing are of near equal skill, and that they are both near the top of the technical (human) ability for their given character.

What exactly does all this mean? Essentially under most circumstances the higher tiered character will beat the lower tiered character. It is a simply a list of overall advantages, which characters have more advantages in more match ups than other characters. What it doesn't mean is that Sheik will always destroy Marth simply because she is located 2 spots above Marth on the tier list. The impact of the tier list at the top levels of play is minimal once you move into the High Tier and above. Instead, counter characters begin to play a larger role. This also brings up a large portion of the confusion regarding the tier list because a lower ranked character can be a counter to a character ranked much higher. The easiest example here is the Ice Climbers versus Sheik. While Sheik has more advantages in more match ups, the Ice Climbers are one of the few characters that can chain grab her, and as a result they are her only hard counter.

(NOTE: I do not claim any of my list to be fact. Constructive criticism is wanted, but not random flaming because I put your favorite at a tier level you didnt like. If you really want me to change it, state smart, structed textual or video evidence of why X character should be in Y tier. . . If you disagree with the list, just give a small explanation why and if it's plausible i will adjust the best I can. )

Make sure you read the topic, my list will have several updates, and since Gamefaqs has no edit button, it will have to be posted deep in the topic. Once a New list has been made, DO NOT REFER TO OLD ONES. This was a confusing mistake to many in the old topic

DONT POST YET!
---
SSBB Fab 8 (most used chars):
King DeDeDe, Wolf ,Diddy Kong ,Pit ,Meta Knight(#1) ,Lucario , Sonic , Snake 

Alright, here it is, the first edition of this topic.

Top Tier:
Snake
Meta Knight
Falco
R.O.B.
Toon Link

High Tier:
Mr. Game and Watch
Diddy Kong
Marth
Zelda
Fox
Pit
Wolf
King Dedede
Ice Climbers
Olimar
Pikachu
Zero Suit Samus
Ness
Lucas

Mid Tier:
Pokemon Trainer
Luigi
Lucario
Kirby
Mario
Bowser
Wario
Sheik
Donkey Kong
Peach

Low tier :
lke
Yoshi
Sonic
Samus
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Link
Ganondorf

Copy and Pasted from the current list atm

Offline Aura-Master

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:February 18, 2020, 03:22:18 AM
  • Animating anyone?
    • Email
« Reply #3526 on: April 20, 2008, 03:53:45 AM »
Excuse me ppl but can someone explain how wolf can be cheap ;)

Spaming side smash, that and blaster, but I dont care for the blaster, Falco's is WAY mor savage, and annoying, lol!

@ Nigel, you would be surprised, ROB is top tier!

yeah, I'm thinking of using ROB now ;)
Currently in need of one

Offline Akeme

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:March 15, 2010, 11:16:35 PM
« Reply #3527 on: April 20, 2008, 03:55:22 AM »
Whoa peach mid tier and meta knight is top tier how is that, remeber im not complaining just wondering how meta knight is top tier plus i thought peach was higher then that ;)

"Since when thy become the bad guy"

Offline Codyman155

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 05, 2018, 05:59:05 PM
  • <_<
    • Email
« Reply #3528 on: April 20, 2008, 03:56:42 AM »

Spaming side smash, that and blaster, but I dont care for the blaster, Falco's is WAY mor savage, and annoying, lol!

@ Nigel, you would be surprised, ROB is top tier!
LOL!,all I can say is ROB is pretty good,his recovery is one of the best(Hovers your way back to the stage!).
Also,I'm getting used to fighting Wolf now,characters have its advantaged and disadvantage,anyways.

Daigo,How am I with Yoshi and Lucas? :P

thank you Daigo!

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:March 30, 2017, 10:27:21 PM
    • Email
« Reply #3529 on: April 20, 2008, 03:57:51 AM »
The OFFICIAL definition of Tiers:

Tiers: Tiers are a general breakdown of how each character stacks up in comparison to the other characters in the game. The tier list assumes a few things. First and most importantly is that it is based on the current metagame (which is based on the mind-games and technical skill of the top players). Current is the vital point here, it is not based on future potential, but on current potential (as a note here Fox is considered to have the most potential in the game). Second, the tier list assumes those playing are of near equal skill, and that they are both near the top of the technical (human) ability for their given character.

What exactly does all this mean? Essentially under most circumstances the higher tiered character will beat the lower tiered character. It is a simply a list of overall advantages, which characters have more advantages in more match ups than other characters. What it doesn't mean is that Sheik will always destroy Marth simply because she is located 2 spots above Marth on the tier list. The impact of the tier list at the top levels of play is minimal once you move into the High Tier and above. Instead, counter characters begin to play a larger role. This also brings up a large portion of the confusion regarding the tier list because a lower ranked character can be a counter to a character ranked much higher. The easiest example here is the Ice Climbers versus Sheik. While Sheik has more advantages in more match ups, the Ice Climbers are one of the few characters that can chain grab her, and as a result they are her only hard counter.

(NOTE: I do not claim any of my list to be fact. Constructive criticism is wanted, but not random flaming because I put your favorite at a tier level you didnt like. If you really want me to change it, state smart, structed textual or video evidence of why X character should be in Y tier. . . If you disagree with the list, just give a small explanation why and if it's plausible i will adjust the best I can. )

Make sure you read the topic, my list will have several updates, and since Gamefaqs has no edit button, it will have to be posted deep in the topic. Once a New list has been made, DO NOT REFER TO OLD ONES. This was a confusing mistake to many in the old topic

DONT POST YET!
---
SSBB Fab 8 (most used chars):
King DeDeDe, Wolf ,Diddy Kong ,Pit ,Meta Knight(#1) ,Lucario , Sonic , Snake 

Alright, here it is, the first edition of this topic.

Top Tier:
Snake
Meta Knight
Falco
R.O.B.
Toon Link

High Tier:
Mr. Game and Watch
Diddy Kong
Marth
Zelda
Fox
Pit
Wolf
King Dedede
Ice Climbers
Olimar
Pikachu
Zero Suit Samus
Ness
Lucas

Mid Tier:
Pokemon Trainer
Luigi
Lucario
Kirby
Mario
Bowser
Wario
Sheik
Donkey Kong
Peach

Low tier :
lke
Yoshi
Sonic
Samus
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Link
Ganondorf

Copy and Pasted from the current list atm

I agree with this list, it does have some odly placed characters, but can't argue mutch with it, I still think G&W should be top, switched with TL, and maybe boost Capt. Falcon up a lvl!
Coming 2099.

Offline KenshinX

• Forum Member
« Reply #3530 on: April 20, 2008, 03:58:22 AM »
Whoa peach mid tier and meta knight is top tier how is that, remeber im not complaining just wondering how meta knight is top tier plus i thought peach was higher then that ;)

Fight me and I'll show you >:D

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #3531 on: April 20, 2008, 04:00:26 AM »
Lol, don't really agree with that list, but whatever.. I don't care about tier systems at all. The way I see it, its just melee players that got Brawl, played as a couple of chars, noticed they lost some things from melee to brawl and automatically thought that they were sh*t.

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #3532 on: April 20, 2008, 04:02:10 AM »

Quote FTW! You obviously havent played a good MetaKnight player Akeme, Meta's the combo master!
Coming 2099.

Offline Codyman155

• Infinity Regular
  • <_<
    • Email
« Reply #3533 on: April 20, 2008, 04:05:52 AM »
I don't get why Capt.Falcon and Link is on low-tire......lol?

thank you Daigo!

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #3534 on: April 20, 2008, 04:07:45 AM »
I don't get why Capt.Falcon and Link is on low-tire......lol?

Yeah, I said Capt Falcon should be moved up one, and Link got nerfd, his attacks are weaker and he has a horrible recovery, but theres too many in mid tier allready, so i think he's better as low tier, other characters are better than him, I think this List is decent!
Coming 2099.

Offline Akeme

« Reply #3535 on: April 20, 2008, 04:09:15 AM »
Lol, don't really agree with that list, but whatever.. I don't care about tier systems at all. The way I see it, its just melee players that got Brawl, played as a couple of chars, noticed they lost some things from melee to brawl and automatically thought that they were sh*t.
Exactly ;)

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #3536 on: April 20, 2008, 04:12:03 AM »
Exactly ;)

Yeah, tier's only define how the characters abilitys are, not the players, like a good low tier character in the right hands will do massive damge to a high tier, it all depends who's behind the weel, lol!
Coming 2099.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #3537 on: April 20, 2008, 04:17:45 AM »
Haha, I feel so awesome for maining ROB now.  :D
(Though, I feel kinda bad since PKMN Trainer is mid-tier. Whatever. I'll still try and own people with him.  :thumbsup:)

TO PAGE 100 WE GO!
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
« Reply #3538 on: April 20, 2008, 04:18:13 AM »
Meta knight can combo like a beast.

Offline Akeme

« Reply #3539 on: April 20, 2008, 04:18:53 AM »

Quote FTW! You obviously havent played a good MetaKnight player Akeme, Meta's the combo master!
Well i only played online once ;)
Exactly ;)
Yeah, tier's only define how the characters abilitys are, not the players, like a good low tier character in the right hands will do massive damge to a high tier, it all depends who's behind the weel, lol!
Exactly ;)

Offline Aura-Master

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:February 18, 2020, 03:22:18 AM
  • Animating anyone?
    • Email
« Reply #3540 on: April 20, 2008, 04:22:03 AM »
(Though, I feel kinda bad since PKMN Trainer is mid-tier. Whatever. I'll still try and own people with him.  :thumbsup:)

TO PAGE 100 WE GO!

yeah, I think ROB is cool with me ;)

and I know how you feel with pkmn trainer
Currently in need of one

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #3541 on: April 20, 2008, 04:25:15 AM »

TO PAGE 100 WE GO!

yeah, I think ROB is cool with me ;)

and I know how you feel with pkmn trainer

Yeah, ROB is pretty good. His down B mixes things up when used right.

And hell yeah PKMN trainer is just pure concentrated AWESOMENESS. (although, Gary Oak should've been included as a character.  ;*)))
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline Akeme

« Reply #3542 on: April 20, 2008, 04:26:41 AM »
Im still wondering how this rob guy is so good, i can understand meta knight but rob ;)

Offline KenshinX

• Forum Member
« Reply #3543 on: April 20, 2008, 04:32:03 AM »

Exactly ;)
Exactly ;)

I'm thinking tiers are based on how well they do in tourneys so if a good Bowser showed up and won hi might be high tier, so don't read into this too much because not all great players play tourneys  :thumbsup:

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #3544 on: April 20, 2008, 04:37:58 AM »

Exactly ;)
Exactly ;)

I'm thinking tiers are based on how well they do in tourneys so if a good Bowser showed up and won hi might be high tier, so don't read into this too much because not all great players play tourneys  :thumbsup:

QFTW(AGAIN)! That's exactly what they are! LOL^-^
Coming 2099.

Offline Akeme

« Reply #3545 on: April 20, 2008, 04:47:07 AM »
Ok but im still wondering ;)

Offline That Mugen Guy

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:March 27, 2012, 11:40:02 PM
    • Email
« Reply #3546 on: April 20, 2008, 12:05:42 PM »

8=| People don't like him for his blaster and forward smash. If you ask me, Falco's blaster is way worse. I loled when I found out that Fox's blaster has a shorter range than Falco's. I mean wtf...

yea I was feeling the same way I was like wtf, fox blaster can't even stun but stops but falco's blaster stuns u but nearly flies across the whole stage  /:O

Jesus loves me, he loves me a bunch! Because he always puts Skippy in my lunch!

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #3547 on: April 20, 2008, 03:14:06 PM »
100TH PAGE!
Coming 2099.

Offline Codyman155

• Infinity Regular
  • <_<
    • Email
« Reply #3548 on: April 20, 2008, 03:16:26 PM »
Lol!
ummm...........anybody here wanna challenge me?

thank you Daigo!

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #3549 on: April 20, 2008, 03:50:59 PM »
Haha, Codyman, I think I finally figured out APAWGIZE. Is it fro the anime, Beck? I remember my friend showing me a clip with some really bad engrish, which is where I think it came from lol.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Golden Axe Returns by striderhiryu201
[June 23, 2024, 04:15:50 PM]

Virtual Bart Science Fair by Rage
[June 21, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

Turn Battle - Mega Man Robot Master Mayhem by O Ilusionista
[June 18, 2024, 10:11:08 AM]

Classic VS : Cheng / Athena by O Ilusionista
[June 18, 2024, 10:10:26 AM]

Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari Stage Pack by Vegaz by LightFlare
[June 17, 2024, 02:30:12 PM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[June 10, 2024, 11:25:24 PM]

Street Fighter Spec Ops 2021 by O Ilusionista
[June 08, 2024, 01:36:06 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

* IMT Calendar

June 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29