collapse

Author Topic: Hobgoblin & Joker released !!!!  (Read 7116 times)

Offline chunky

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:April 02, 2012, 12:34:14 AM
    • http://www.freewebs.com/chunkymugen/
Re: Hobgoblin & Joker released !!!!
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2007, 10:49:39 PM »
Hobgoblin is pretty awesome, but it needs more work in the palette department.

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2007, 10:51:34 PM »
One i didnt say the word penis, i said d***, its just the board censored it to penis......  8=|
Secondly, some people think its actuly good, and hey, its the only working joker i know of. You can say you dont like it, but you need to learn say your dislikes of things without being rude and with out being other various words i could say that the board would auto censor.
And you shouldnt get your hopes up about something being more then the creator advertizes it to be. It makes you sound stupid when you complain about it.
I guess the Creator was being a penis too, for saying:
"I got two words for ya.." to Vader.

"Team Spoiler, we just wanna make sh*t"

Is what it should be, he uses excuses because hes too lazy to fix the bugs or re-sprite him.

And i quote
"If you don't have time just quit."

:DxDie He fixed the major glitch within a few hours of people pointing it out so your argument there is invalid.

And neather you nor reezy seem to be able to read my posts.

You can give negitive feed back without being a total Douche!

Its people with attatudes like yours RiceZilla thats turning this place less into the cool place it was when i started posting here.

And i quote

Stop acting like a brat from elementry school. Grow up.

Offline RiceZilla

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:December 06, 2007, 03:12:05 PM
  • Banned.
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2007, 10:59:25 PM »
One i didnt say the word penis, i said d***, its just the board censored it to penis......  8=|
Secondly, some people think its actuly good, and hey, its the only working joker i know of. You can say you dont like it, but you need to learn say your dislikes of things without being rude and with out being other various words i could say that the board would auto censor.
And you shouldnt get your hopes up about something being more then the creator advertizes it to be. It makes you sound stupid when you complain about it.
I guess the Creator was being a penis too, for saying:
"I got two words for ya.." to Vader.

"Team Spoiler, we just wanna make sh*t"

Is what it should be, he uses excuses because hes too lazy to fix the bugs or re-sprite him.

And i quote

Blah, Blah, Blah.
8=|

I read your post.
Your just insulting us and repeating the same thing over and over.  :-@
The major bug must have effected the gameplay, so if he didn't fix it, it wouldn't be good(not that it is).

1(or 3) Person cannot effect a forum.  =D>

Gameplay > Graphics.

But joker looks horrible and plays horrible.
I can understand if it was a beta release but after seeing the reply "if you don't like it don't Download it".
Its probably the final release.

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2007, 11:03:13 PM »
There is nothing wrong with his gameplay. Just cuz you dont like the controll system for the moves, dosnt mean its broken or messed up.

And If you could read i said people like you
not the 3 of you

Offline TehDemon

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 23, 2010, 09:04:44 PM
« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2007, 11:05:48 PM »
perfect picture for this thread:

sorry guys, couldn't resist (was it Jay_high that had this little gif before?)
No, i'm not the DCvsMarvel beta tester named Demon, I'm "Teh"demon, and i'm much worse :P

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2007, 11:08:26 PM »
perfect picture for this thread:

sorry guys, couldn't resist (was it Jay_high that had this little gif before?)

:DxDie  :DxDie :DxDie

Offline RiceZilla

• Forum Member
  • Banned.
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: November 01, 2007, 11:14:16 PM »
:^o
Never said anything about his control system...or him being broken.
The Gameplay and Sprites are not good.

Offline reezy718

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:September 02, 2008, 01:21:38 AM
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: November 01, 2007, 11:19:20 PM »
There is nothing wrong with his gameplay. Just cuz you dont like the controll system for the moves, dosnt mean its broken or messed up.

not the 3 of you

:D   :D are you serious lol?I hope you not talking about hobgoblin when you said there's nothing wrong with him.Thats the worse thing about him.He only has one special and one super and no combos at all.You mean to tell me thats good gameplay lol.You cant be serious.There's plenty of other character beta releases thats way better than him.another thing did you take a look at the way that hobgoblin looks.I dont even really need to comment on it anymore,its pure comedy just looking at him   :D
You got me thinking about downloading  joker just to test him out and see how he is.......

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: November 01, 2007, 11:19:42 PM »
:^o
Never said anything about his control system...or him being broken.
The Gameplay and Sprites are not good.

Your the one who said
Gameplay > Graphics
And im saying there is nothing wrong with his gameplay.

:D   :D are you serious lol?I hope you not talking about hobgoblin when you said there's nothing wrong with him.Thats the worse thing about him.He only has one special and one super and no combos at all.You mean to tell me thats good gameplay lol.You cant be serious.There's plenty of other character beta releases thats way better than him.another thing did you take a look at the way that hobgoblin looks.I dont even really need to comment on it anymore,its pure comedy just looking at him   :D
You got me thinking about downloading  joker just to test him out and see how he is.......
[/quote]

See its really annoying to me when people dont read the thread before they post, most of this is about joker. Although Hobgoblin is exactly as advertized by the creator. And I can combo with him just fine, perhaps your game play skill isnt that great. And he has 2 hyper moves (the lots of pumkin bombs and the demon glider dash), pumpkin bombs, a mechine gun, a medium ranged graple with his glider, and he can fly freely.  And he's actualy pritty easy to combo with.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 01:16:13 AM by xerxes »

Offline RiceZilla

• Forum Member
  • Banned.
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: November 01, 2007, 11:34:29 PM »

not the 3 of you

:D   :D are you serious lol?I hope you not talking about hobgoblin when you said there's nothing wrong with him.Thats the worse thing about him.He only has one special and one super and no combos at all.You mean to tell me thats good gameplay lol.You cant be serious.There's plenty of other character beta releases thats way better than him.another thing did you take a look at the way that hobgoblin looks.I dont even really need to comment on it anymore,its pure comedy just looking at him   :D
You got me thinking about downloading  joker just to test him out and see how he is.......

See its really annoying to me when people dont read the thread before they post, most of this is about joker. Although Hobgoblin is exactly as advertized by the creator. And I can combo with him just fine, perhaps your game play skill isnt that great. And he has 2 hyper moves (the lots of pumkin bombs and the demon glider dash), pumpkin bombs, a mechine gun, a medium ranged graple with his glider, and he can fly freely.  And he's actualy pritty easy to combo with.
:-j

*Downloads HobGoblin*

*Starts M.U.G.E.N*

He has a few weak combos.  =D>
But he plays just like Green Goblin theres really no point in having him.

*Deletes Character*

LOL @

another thing did you take a look at the way that hobgoblin looks.I dont even really need to comment on it anymore,its pure comedy just looking at him   :D

Offline Lord Vader

• Restricted Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 19, 2011, 05:59:40 PM
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: November 01, 2007, 11:37:31 PM »

not the 3 of you

SpiderMew I don't know why you're flaming me and calling me a penis if I was just trying to provide constructive criticism for the characters. Some people expect their character to be released onto the Internet and not be criticized at all. I'm sorry but it doesn't work that way. If you don't want your creations criticized then simply don't release them. It pisses me off when creators see their creations as flawless and think that any criticisms at all are wrong and immature. In reality the creator him or herself is being immature. Also either you must have really low standards for characters or you don't want to admit how incomplete and unpolished they are. Joker's sprites are pixelated and choppy. He wouldn't look good in the Capcom OR SNK games. If it was a good SNK sprite then I would have said it was a good sprite. The reason I think he should be Capcom style is not really that surprising. I mean all Marvel characters and most DC characters are Capcom style so he would match up with them nicely. And I don't know if you've noticed for Hob Goblin but those are the EXACT same moves as the Green Goblin! Astonishing, isn't it? That's because he's just a sprite swap, and in that case the character should have just been posted in the graphic arts section.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 12:14:59 AM by Lord Vader »

Offline TehDemon

• Initiate
« Reply #86 on: November 01, 2007, 11:47:18 PM »

EDIT: mods, I think this topic needs some cleaning up, don't you?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 11:53:55 PM by TehDemon »
No, i'm not the DCvsMarvel beta tester named Demon, I'm "Teh"demon, and i'm much worse :P

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2007, 11:55:32 PM »
Yeah, seriously guys, if you release a character expect negative and positive criticism. But what was given was constructive criticism, just read it and consider it and fix what needs to be fixed. It's not to make you guys feel like crap but fix or change stuff.

Hobgoblin: Needs different moves to not be just a sprite swap ( It's been said I know.)

As for Joker, I haven't tried him yet.

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: November 02, 2007, 12:00:13 AM »
Why vader? Cuz you dont read eather. Its been stated several times that Hobby was going to be just a voice and sprite swap. And the next updates will be differnt, but enough people wanted it like this for haloween.
I shouldnt have mentioned your name in my arguments after a while i guess but im not the only one who brung you back up.

The creator dosnt clame its anything more then what it is, a sprite edit and swap.

And yes this has gotten out of hand and ive used too much profanity......
But i hate it when people act like jerks, and perhaps im using this post to get out my frustrations...
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 12:02:06 AM by SpiderMew »

Offline reezy718

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: November 02, 2007, 12:00:22 AM »

not the 3 of you

You know what makes this even more funnier now.Hobgoblin and Green Goblin is basically the same character lol.Green Goblin looks better though.anothing I dont consider that machine gun a special move.all you have to do is press one button to do it.if thats the case when you crouch with iron man and press Hp i guess thats a special move too then huh lol.the medium range graple with MK and HK is basically the same move so I dont count that either.So lets sum it up,he has 2 hypers,3 specials and  a few weak combos.another thing you said he can fly freely lol.Iron man,Superman Magneto and Iron man can also fly too lol.
O yea I downloaded Joker.why is his head so much smaller than his body?please dont even get me started on him lol  :D  :D
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 12:02:57 AM by reezy718 »

Offline reezy718

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #90 on: November 02, 2007, 12:02:13 AM »
There's nothing to clean up.This is not getting out of hand at all.Everybody cant have the same opinion.Its just disagreements and different opinions

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: November 02, 2007, 12:04:26 AM »
There's nothing to clean up.This is not getting out of hand at all.Everybody cant have the same opinion.Its just disagreements and different opinions

But you see, it has, because you and rice have been total jurks about it.

Offline TehDemon

• Initiate
« Reply #92 on: November 02, 2007, 12:09:52 AM »
As said before, I like the characters.

that being said, they could be better, hell, any mugen character can be better. The only things I find really wrong with Joker though, is he appears to be missing a few sounds from his regualr attacks (don't know if that was intentional or not), Harly (just a small suggestion) stays on the screen a bit too long after she attacks; meaning she could move a little faster as not to upset the player, and he maybe could use a few more frames of animation (again, just a suggestion, even though I'm unsure about a second release, and I'm also unsure if it was intentional).

Hobby I'm fine with. The sprites look great, and plays good (then again, Acey's Green Goblin plays good too :P).

As said, he was nothing more then what Darktalbain said it was, a sprite and sound swap.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 12:13:35 AM by TehDemon »

Offline RiceZilla

• Forum Member
  • Banned.
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2007, 12:12:19 AM »

No your the one being a jerk about it, your spamming and insulting us.
f**k its not even your character. =D>

LOL @
O yea I downloaded Joker.why is his head so much smaller than his body?please dont even get me started on him lol   :D  :D
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 12:14:16 AM by RiceZilla »

Offline RiceZilla

• Forum Member
  • Banned.
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: November 02, 2007, 12:15:36 AM »
Yeah, seriously guys, if you release a character expect negative and positive criticism. But what was given was constructive criticism, just read it and consider it and fix what needs to be fixed. It's not to make you guys feel like crap but fix or change stuff.

Hobgoblin: Needs different moves to not be just a sprite swap ( It's been said I know.)

As for Joker, I haven't tried him yet.
This should have ended after the post above. /\

Offline reezy718

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: November 02, 2007, 12:16:50 AM »

How are we being jerks about it?Just because we giving our own opinion.If anything you're the jerk just for saying that.Everybody has a right to they own opinion whether you like it or not.why cant you just accept that?You being real immature about the situation.Quit with the name calling its not neccessary.Its not that serious.Its not even your character and you taking it to the heart more than the creator is lol  :D   :D  :D

Offline TehDemon

• Initiate
« Reply #96 on: November 02, 2007, 12:46:55 AM »
Did any of you guys read my post yet?

that being said, they could be better, hell, any mugen character can be better. The only things I find really wrong with Joker though, is he appears to be missing a few sounds from his regualr attacks (don't know if that was intentional or not), Harly (just a small suggestion) stays on the screen a bit too long after she attacks; meaning she could move a little faster as not to upset the player, and he maybe could use a few more frames of animation (again, just a suggestion, even though I'm unsure about a second release, and I'm also unsure if it was intentional).

Hobby I'm fine with. The sprites look great, and plays good (then again, Acey's Green Goblin plays good too :P).

As said, he was nothing more then what Darktalbain said it was, a sprite and sound swap.

I wasn't rude was I?

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: November 02, 2007, 12:54:26 AM »
Did any of you guys read my post yet?

I wasn't rude was I?

No lol, I agree with your post.

Offline TehDemon

• Initiate
« Reply #98 on: November 02, 2007, 01:00:14 AM »
alright, thnx guys.

I'm goin nto sleep now, but before I go, Alex is that intro line for Joker from Batman: Mask of the Phantasm? Just curious...

Offline TehDemon

• Initiate
« Reply #99 on: November 02, 2007, 01:05:03 AM »
alright, thnx guys.

I'm goin nto sleep now, but before I go, Alex is that intro line for Joker from Batman: Mask of the Phantasm? Just curious...
sure is :thumbsup:

cool, that was a great movie XD  >:-(-|

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Ancient Gears Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[September 20, 2024, 11:59:18 AM]

Classic VS : Balrog by ELECTRO
[September 17, 2024, 04:48:07 PM]

Justice League Metropolis Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 16, 2024, 11:57:49 AM]

Ultimate Mai Shiranui (FF2 & FF3) by nickfurry
[September 15, 2024, 02:27:53 AM]

thunderstrike eric masterson by Blagoy
[September 12, 2024, 02:41:33 PM]

Justice League Gotham Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 11, 2024, 09:41:42 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[September 07, 2024, 03:06:46 AM]

MatreroG's Stages W.I.P. Concepts by MatreroG
[September 06, 2024, 01:27:09 PM]

Justice League Flash Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 03, 2024, 10:30:40 AM]

Raid's here! Raid kills fighters dead in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[August 31, 2024, 02:44:15 PM]

* IMT Calendar

September 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14