collapse

Author Topic: fanboy-ism and pet peeves  (Read 1164 times)

Offline SiddtheKidd

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:March 01, 2011, 02:42:13 PM
  • I'm different than before, I'm wearing new shoes!
    • Brawlers Avenue
    • Email
fanboy-ism and pet peeves
« on: October 24, 2007, 11:06:21 PM »
what bothers you about fanboy-ism?
i dont have much of a problem with it but sometimes i think alot of people go way out of hand i.e when someone is a fan of a certain character and just seem to hate every other character out there even so that they make it where that character is the best and always has been.

back from the dead

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
Re: fanboy-ism and pet peeves
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 11:09:44 PM »
tell me about it same thing happens with the whole Goku vs. superman arguments  8=|

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline Esq.

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 07, 2013, 09:43:21 PM
    • Esq. - MySpace page
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 11:13:56 PM »
i dont have much of a problem with it but sometimes i think alot of people go way out of hand i.e when someone is a fan of a certain character and just seem to hate every other character out there even so that they make it where that character is the best and always has been.

:-?? I hate when people do that! They go on and on about why they're favorite guy's the best, and how no one can win against them. Look, I just tell 'em to get off they're (the character's) jocks.  8=| OBVIOUSLY, Vegeta's better than whomever the hell they're talking about. No argument. No contest. I feel you, it's stupid!

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 11:25:43 PM »
I hate weeaboos more than anything else. Okay, Japan is great and all but Jesus Christ on a cracker it's not the best country in the world! If a weeaboo wants to learn japanese, good for them. But if they want to live there, good freaking luck. A majority of people there are against americans, so it's gonna be really tough trying to fit in when you have an american accent on your japanese, eat pocky like you drink water, and instantly worship anything japanese while rejecting most things american.

In a related note, I hate the people that use "sugoi" instead of more accepted synonyms for "cool."

I really dislike most FFVII fanboys. I mean sure, I love Final Fantasy too, but to put that one game onto a pedestal and worship it like a god is just the most stupidest thing I've ever seen.

Rant over. *sigh*  XD||
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline SiddtheKidd

• Forum Member
    • Brawlers Avenue
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 11:29:03 PM »
it kills me most when i like the character  and that character gets spoiled because of it.
back from the dead

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 11:32:12 PM »
I like FFVII just because it got me into RPG's, and it had a great storyline.
My only pet peeves are when people say they like MK better than Tekken or SF only because of blood and fatalities, I also dislike it when people manage to hate every Final Fantasy except the tactics games (which felt more like fire emblem games to be honest). The thing I like about Final Fantasy is the free roaming, and tactics has like none of that. lol. I also hate it when people hate a video game just because it may have outdated graphics, like I hear about how all these people hate the graphics in PS1 games (Dragonball GT, Ehergeiz, Silent Hill, Megaman Legends) , but if you think about it, the companies making the games didn't have much to work with. The cgi scenes weren't even that good in the best graphical ps1 games.

Offline ZeroXDash

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 18, 2019, 07:06:12 PM
  • ɯǝǝs ʎǝɥʇ sɐ sʎɐʍןɐ ʇou ǝɹɐ sƃuıɥʇ
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 11:54:16 PM »
I just tell people that Death is my favortie char. That pretty much ends all of those stupid fanboy arguments.

Offline SiddtheKidd

• Forum Member
    • Brawlers Avenue
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 12:00:19 AM »
my biggest pet peeve is when the new vj jocks rag on oldschool games and people who play them, when they dont seem to realize not only is oldschool where it's at and always will be but without them those games they drool over that aren't even that great wouldnt be around.
back from the dead

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2007, 12:06:55 AM »
Hm. There's also something else that pisses me off. *RANT ALERT!*
GAMEFAQS. Pretty much everything about that site is "Halo sucks, it's the same thing. PS3 sucks, it's a giant paperweight. The Wii is the best, becuase it's innovating. Cyber cyber cyber, naruto this, weeaboo that. The Smash Bros. series is totally original, blah blah blah."

Once again, rant over. It's safe to live now.

gah, I gotta stop ranting and get back to college applications.  <_<|...|
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2007, 12:09:09 AM »
Hm. There's also something else that pisses me off. *RANT ALERT!*
GAMEFAQS. Pretty much everything about that site is "Halo sucks, it's the same thing. PS3 sucks, it's a giant paperweight. The Wii is the best, becuase it's innovating. Cyber cyber cyber, naruto this, weeaboo that. The Smash Bros. series is totally original, blah blah blah."

Once again, rant over. It's safe to live now.

gah, I gotta stop ranting and get back to college applications.  <_<|...|
I agree that ps3 is more useless then the other 2 systems, although I don't like the controls on some of the wii games compared to others. Like DBZBT2. I'd have to say I like 360 the most because you can listen to any music and play any game at the same time without any worries.

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2007, 12:09:42 AM »
Naruto and Bleach! I've got nothing against it, but those wanna-be emos at my school. Gah!! Shut up about Naruto and Ichigofor ONE second!

(I like both Naruto and Bleach, but hearing about it everyday!?  ~X( )

Offline The Great Matsutzu

• Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:April 17, 2009, 10:03:33 AM
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2007, 08:54:53 AM »
One thing I never liked in FF7 fandom was that most Aeris fans tended to hate Tifa and go out of their way to bash her, and Tifa fans the same with Aeris. It always just seemed odd to me--particurally because they seemed to be such close friends in the game.

I always felt a little displaced because I like both characters.... :D

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2007, 12:09:10 PM »
Annoying as hell.

Fanboy: The DS sukz cuz of itz bad grafficz psp 4 lyfe!!!111!!1!1!!

Fanboy: The wii sukz itz 4 litle cidz smash bros sukz $600 PS3 4 lyfe grafficz > gameplay w00t!!

I love the fact that whenever somebody says that Smash Bros sucks they never have a valid reason for it.

Offline Esq.

• Infinity Regular
    • Esq. - MySpace page
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2007, 12:43:58 PM »
Annoying as hell.

Fanboy: The wii sukz itz 4 litle cidz smash bros sukz $600 PS3 4 lyfe grafficz > gameplay w00t!!

I love the fact that whenever somebody says that Smash Bros sucks they never have a valid reason for it.

You're right, 'It sucks, it's not even a real fighting game, it's all cartoonish and sh*t. I don't know why people always wanna play that, it just sucks!' That's usually the response I get from the haters.

Offline Ryu # 20

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 04, 2016, 08:34:54 AM
  • Justice Fighter
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2007, 12:47:24 PM »
I like many characters and I hate many others, but I always say (for example): "I don't like Superman, Goku is my favorite" or something like that. Now when facing fanboys I always win -  they don't even give reasons.

Offline eg6gsr

• Contributor
  • Last Login:February 26, 2024, 03:24:12 AM
  • my first love
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2007, 01:39:42 PM »
I just hate debating with fanboys because they never wanna listen to the other side its just all about them favs and nothing else.......and this mostly has to do with cars for me

my new one

Offline dennis872005

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 08, 2010, 08:34:19 PM
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2007, 01:52:40 PM »

:-?? I hate when people do that! They go on and on about why they're favorite guy's the best, and how no one can win against them. Look, I just tell 'em to get off they're (the character's) jocks.  8=| OBVIOUSLY, Vegeta's better than whomever the hell they're talking about. No argument. No contest. I feel you, it's stupid!

goku is better. vegeta gets owned all the time and in any manga. you should read Neko Majin Z

http://mangahut.com/manga/Neko+Majin+Z/003.html

Offline Esq.

• Infinity Regular
    • Esq. - MySpace page
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2007, 03:13:38 PM »

:-?? I hate when people do that! They go on and on about why they're favorite guy's the best, and how no one can win against them. Look, I just tell 'em to get off they're (the character's) jocks.  8=| OBVIOUSLY, Vegeta's better than whomever the hell they're talking about. No argument. No contest. I feel you, it's stupid!

goku is better. vegeta gets owned all the time and in any manga. you should read Neko Majin Z

:D, I knew I would get somebody! I just left the bait and waited patiently...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 03:49:07 PM by Lord_of_Saiyans »

Offline dennis872005

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 08, 2010, 08:34:19 PM
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2007, 03:18:48 PM »

:D, I knew I was get somebody! I just left the bait and waited patiently...

it was obvious just pointing out that i would not be proud to actually like vegeta. the poor soul gets own by goku, freeza,  cell and majin buu. probabily by my grandma too. i still don't get why anyone likes him.

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2007, 04:37:14 PM »
One thing I never liked in FF7 fandom was that most Aeris fans tended to hate Tifa and go out of their way to bash her, and Tifa fans the same with Aeris. It always just seemed odd to me--particurally because they seemed to be such close friends in the game.

I know what you mean. LOL. Like in some of my amv's I have Aeris fans bashing Tifa.
Like  >:( Get real it's just a game.

Offline Esq.

• Infinity Regular
    • Esq. - MySpace page
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2007, 05:10:51 PM »

I know what you mean. LOL. Like in some of my amv's I have Aeris fans bashing Tifa.
Like  >:( Get real it's just a game.

:D

Offline SiddtheKidd

• Forum Member
    • Brawlers Avenue
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2007, 07:33:19 PM »

:D, I knew I was get somebody! I just left the bait and waited patiently...

it was obvious just pointing out that i would not be proud to actually like vegeta. the poor soul gets own by goku, freeza,  cell and majin buu. probabily by my grandma too. i still don't get why anyone likes him.
i like him because he's just not nice XD he was cool in his first appearance,.
back from the dead

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2007, 08:00:10 PM »
I like Vegeta because of Budokai 3.

And, I always prefered him over Goku, even though he would lose.

Offline Error Macro

• Never finishes anything
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 30, 2022, 05:37:56 AM
    • :)
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2007, 08:04:37 PM »
Annoying as hell.

Indeed.

I also hate when people think games suck because of its graphics.

Although this isn't a fanboy pet peeve, I hate when someone asks a question and puts a period instead of a question mark for some reason. :-??
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 08:06:55 PM by ̅̅ \(o_°)/ ̅ »

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2007, 08:05:44 PM »
Annoying as hell.

Indeed.

Although this isn't a fanboy pet peeve, I hate when someone asks a question and puts a period instead of a question mark.
Is that really so annoying.

XD

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Virtual Bart Science Fair by Rage
[June 21, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

Turn Battle - Mega Man Robot Master Mayhem by O Ilusionista
[June 18, 2024, 10:11:08 AM]

Classic VS : Cheng / Athena by O Ilusionista
[June 18, 2024, 10:10:26 AM]

Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari Stage Pack by Vegaz by LightFlare
[June 17, 2024, 02:30:12 PM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[June 10, 2024, 11:25:24 PM]

Street Fighter Spec Ops 2021 by O Ilusionista
[June 08, 2024, 01:36:06 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

* IMT Calendar

June 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15