collapse

Author Topic: Batman/Superman Movie  (Read 5447 times)

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:June 21, 2024, 03:09:51 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
Re: Batman/Superman Movie
« Reply #75 on: August 25, 2013, 12:19:16 AM »
If he can't do Daredevil justice, why would he be any better as Batman.?

Everybody is harping of him for DD, but it's easy to blame an actor when the entire movie was just a bad movie to begin with. That's not his fault anymore than Ryan being a bad GL, GL was a terrible movie overall too. That's not Clooneys fault for being a bad Barman either, B&R was a terrible movie. Same with Brandon and Superman, Superman Returns was, ahem.... WROOOOOONG!

See what I mean? If the movie itself is bad, casting even the most top-tier actors won't make a difference. Star Wars epis 1-3 anyone? It has some great actors, but lets be honest, those films are bad.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline PR_1030

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 17, 2016, 11:45:23 AM
« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2013, 08:11:37 AM »
Look, he's not an idiot (don't make fun of what I just said). If he made a mistake, he won't do it again.

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 24, 2024, 06:38:44 AM
« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2013, 01:14:10 PM »
Everybody is harping of him for DD, but it's easy to blame an actor when the entire movie was just a bad movie to begin with. That's not his fault anymore than Ryan being a bad GL, GL was a terrible movie overall too. That's not Clooneys fault for being a bad Barman either, B&R was a terrible movie. Same with Brandon and Superman, Superman Returns was, ahem.... WROOOOOONG!

See what I mean? If the movie itself is bad, casting even the most top-tier actors won't make a difference. Star Wars epis 1-3 anyone? It has some great actors, but lets be honest, those films are bad.
See, that right there furthers my point. Even if the movies were crap (Superman Returns/GL) I still saw/believed Bradon as Superman and Ryan as GL. It had nothing to do with their acting. When I saw Affleck as Daredevil, I didn't believe him as the character. I literally just saw Affleck wearing a DD costume, he wasn't believable. That's a lack of acting ability, not the script or anything else.

Look, he's not an idiot (don't make fun of what I just said). If he made a mistake, he won't do it again.
..huh.?

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 26, 2019, 11:39:32 PM
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2013, 01:30:58 PM »
. I literally just saw Affleck wearing a DD costume, he wasn't believable. That's a lack of acting ability, not the script or anything else.

And Bale was? I can honestly say I never once believed that Bale was batman (or Bruce Wayne as well). In all the movies it was just bale in a Batman's costume saying stuff in a silly voice, or in a fancy suit trying to do his best Bruce Wayne impression.

"Are you a man who likes to beat their wife? Then head on over to Topeka Kansas, because it's now legal there." - Fox news

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2013, 01:59:32 PM »
Plus given all the flack he gets as Daredevil, I give him some faith he probably knows enough to not make the same mistakes twice

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2013, 02:41:38 PM »
And Bale was? I can honestly say I never once believed that Bale was batman (or Bruce Wayne as well). In all the movies it was just bale in a Batman's costume saying stuff in a silly voice, or in a fancy suit trying to do his best Bruce Wayne impression.
Yes, Bale was a great Batman. You can argue you didn't like him and you have your opinions, which is fine. You can't disregard that millions loved him in that role and clearly the trilogy was a huge success for a reason (him being one of them).

Plus, I don't get why people complain so much about his voice when he's Batman. Given, I didn't like it at first either but he HAS to disguise his voice. What can you really expect.? Him to speak normally and someone to go "Hey, I know that voice."?

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: August 25, 2013, 02:56:12 PM »
Honestly at first I hated this, but I will give him a chance. I thought DD was alright, but that was awhile ago, I can't judge it as critically as I I'd like to. I do remember thinking he was very mysterious/dark/creepy. I guess the only 2 things he needs are toughness and athletic ability (or at least exude an air that he has it). Then I actually think he COULD be decent. But this is all up in the air.

Offline eg6gsr

• Contributor
  • Last Login:February 26, 2024, 03:24:12 AM
  • my first love
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: August 25, 2013, 06:01:15 PM »
See, that right there furthers my point. Even if the movies were crap (Superman Returns/GL) I still saw/believed Bradon as Superman and Ryan as GL. It had nothing to do with their acting. When I saw Affleck as Daredevil, I didn't believe him as the character. I literally just saw Affleck wearing a DD costume, he wasn't believable. That's a lack of acting ability, not the script or anything else.
..huh.?

This. The DD being a bad movie has nothing to do with Ben's bad acting in the part and as said being DD is not that big of a jump from being batman.

Now I will say since then Ben has become a much better actor and a good director so that could be a plus and I understand that they do need a big name for Batman to get people in the seats but I just can't wrap my head around why he was picked over someone like Josh Brolin or Jon ham since they seem to want to go with DKR story line(I hate that they are doing this). I will give him a chance because I want this movie to be a success to we can get other DC movies and a Justice League.

Here's to hoping

my new one

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: August 25, 2013, 07:45:05 PM »
Plus, I don't get why people complain so much about his voice when he's Batman. Given, I didn't like it at first either but he HAS to disguise his voice. What can you really expect.? Him to speak normally and someone to go "Hey, I know that voice."?

Go back and watch some clips of Batman in Batman Begins. That Batman voice was just fine and different enough from his Bruce Wayne voice. That is why people complain about his voice in Dark Knight and Rises.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #84 on: August 25, 2013, 08:28:14 PM »
I'm honestly fine with his voice, just a matter of opinion. Bane is the one that needed his voice fixed some. A couple of times while listening to him I really needed subtitles, sad to say.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 08:55:44 PM by .Batzarro. »

(click to show/hide)

Offline Thaknight33

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 04, 2015, 08:54:58 PM
« Reply #85 on: August 25, 2013, 08:51:18 PM »
This movie will fail. *Iceman ThumbsDown!* Ben Afleck as the dark knight is so garbage. No way he can preform the martial arts scenes he will need a great stunt double. This sucks so bad. My favorite hero will be ruined again. First Clooney now this o.O#

Offline trebean

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 13, 2016, 12:14:22 AM
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: August 25, 2013, 09:06:09 PM »
This movie will fail. *Iceman ThumbsDown!* Ben Afleck as the dark knight is so garbage. No way he can preform the martial arts scenes he will need a great stunt double. This sucks so bad. My favorite hero will be ruined again. First Clooney now this o.O#
So.......... you're saying that the Nolan Trilogy had great fight scenes?

Offline Thaknight33

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 04, 2015, 08:54:58 PM
« Reply #87 on: August 25, 2013, 09:24:03 PM »
Nolan trilogy had the best in batman movies so far but they could of been way better. I wasnt a fun of the quick camera angles where you couldnt see batman really fighting. But Afleck come on, no way he is going to do the bat ANY justice. He might be a decent bruce wayne but i doubt that.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: August 25, 2013, 09:38:56 PM »

Right, because Batman movies have sooooo much martial art action in them...
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline PR_1030

• Initiate
« Reply #89 on: August 26, 2013, 12:20:15 AM »
Who do you think knows more about picking actors for roles, people at Hollywood or immature people who go to Twitter, make petitions and websites just because they don't like the actor that was chosen.

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2021, 04:30:43 PM
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #90 on: August 26, 2013, 04:53:22 AM »
Who do you think knows more about picking actors for roles, people at Hollywood or immature people who go to Twitter, make petitions and websites just because they don't like the actor that was chosen.

Neither.

I'm going to provide a third option: talent agencies.

Offline guy-zero32k4

• The jaded older gamer
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:August 06, 2015, 04:24:20 AM
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: August 26, 2013, 05:29:44 AM »
EWWW...

"Hey Matt, be in my new movie, we're awesome!!!"
Because Hollywood knows better?  No thank you...

Offline eg6gsr

• Contributor
  • Last Login:February 26, 2024, 03:24:12 AM
  • my first love
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: August 27, 2013, 03:17:31 AM »
http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/bryan-cranston-cast-as-lex-luthor-in-man-of-steel-20130826

Bryan Cranston as Lex Luthor(reportedly).

Hmmmmm I can dig it depending on what the storyline does with the character.

my new one

Offline ELECTRO

• Cosmic Creations
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:June 17, 2024, 01:19:33 AM
  • The Living Dynamo
    • THE-BEY0NDER
    • THE BEY0NDER
    • ELECTRO'S LAIR
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: August 27, 2013, 03:34:22 AM »
Just watch this scene and realize why people are upset with the choice for him as Batman.  I know it's the writers and directors fault but Ben should have known from reading the script that this was going to be a bad flick. It almost looks like a joke of some kind.

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 06:33:12 AM
  • "Create the Un-Creatable"
« Reply #94 on: August 27, 2013, 08:18:48 AM »

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: August 27, 2013, 08:56:27 AM »
It was also TEN YEARS AGO!
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: August 27, 2013, 09:46:57 AM »
It was also TEN YEARS AGO!

No Man, clearly we must judge everyone from the 1 or 2 bad things they did and never the good things they did.

Come on guys, Affleck is no Nicholas cage, you should at least give him a chance before shouting "WORST BATMAN EVERRRRR!!!!"

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #97 on: August 27, 2013, 10:29:11 AM »
No Man, clearly we must judge everyone from the 1 or 2 bad things they did and never the good things they did.

Come on guys, Affleck is no Nicholas cage, you should at least give him a chance before shouting "WORST BATMAN EVERRRRR!!!!"
At least Nic Cage is enjoyably bad so you can get a kick out of his bad movies

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/bryan-cranston-cast-as-lex-luthor-in-man-of-steel-20130826

Bryan Cranston as Lex Luthor(reportedly).

Hmmmmm I can dig it depending on what the storyline does with the character.
I say YES  :w00t:
I can definitely see Cranston pull off Luthor

Offline ELECTRO

• Cosmic Creations
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:June 17, 2024, 01:19:33 AM
  • The Living Dynamo
    • THE-BEY0NDER
    • THE BEY0NDER
    • ELECTRO'S LAIR
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: August 27, 2013, 11:39:17 AM »

Actually I think he will be the best Batman ever because Zack Snyder will make him look great in those action shots. All i'm trying to get at is that he has already been a Super-Hero and it was bad. So it's a rotten choice to cast him when there's thousands of other actors to choose from. It's not as rotten as casting Jamie Foxx to play a blue skinned Electro, but still bad. With all that being said i'm still pumped about seeing this movie

Offline PR_1030

• Initiate
« Reply #99 on: August 28, 2013, 05:30:11 AM »
I read some comments on that Lex Luthor article. People are saying it's fake, and I haven't seen it on Yahoo yet. (Don't make fun of me because I use Yahoo. Almost all of the news I get is from there, including movies and video games)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[Today at 10:20:44 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Diek Stiekem
[June 25, 2024, 10:25:34 AM]

Golden Axe Returns by striderhiryu201
[June 23, 2024, 04:15:50 PM]

Virtual Bart Science Fair by Rage
[June 21, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

Turn Battle - Mega Man Robot Master Mayhem by O Ilusionista
[June 18, 2024, 10:11:08 AM]

Classic VS : Cheng / Athena by O Ilusionista
[June 18, 2024, 10:10:26 AM]

Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari Stage Pack by Vegaz by LightFlare
[June 17, 2024, 02:30:12 PM]

Street Fighter Spec Ops 2021 by O Ilusionista
[June 08, 2024, 01:36:06 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

* IMT Calendar

June 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal