collapse

Author Topic: Ultra Street Fighter IV  (Read 44986 times)

Offline C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 01, 2015, 10:02:57 PM
  • Proud Member of C.R.O.M. Visit My YouTube Channel
    • Visit My YouTube Channel
Re: Ultra Street Fighter IV
« Reply #3175 on: December 03, 2011, 10:03:42 PM »

Hey, I'm from the 90s...and 80s school as well...lol...let's not hide our age...  :D

I'm just glad we don't have to put the quarter on the corner below the screen and have to look over someone's shoulder to make sure it was still there while waiting for our turn...and then getting bad looks once you start playing because everybody felt that we should let other people play... :DxDie

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #3176 on: December 03, 2011, 10:12:28 PM »
ha i remember those days! lol. i remember when people had to call out they next and only their quarter/s could be up there and slide somewhere inbetween the crowd or someone would try to jackl you for ya money by putting the quarters in. i saw a few mean azz fights from stuff like that happening. That was inj SF2 era. by time MVC2 rolled around they kinda had that a lil more civilized. barely.

hey i am proud of my age ! but my bones and joints arent.  :D 

matter of fact if you in ya 30 plus brackets everyone that is put a "1" in ya next post. me first...1  :D lando in the way late 30's tho.

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #3177 on: December 03, 2011, 11:14:52 PM »

lol...I'm 36 going on 37 in March, and proud. You are forced to grow old, but you can be immature forever...  ;D

By the way, my roots started during the Karate Champ and Yie Ar Kung Fu era...lol...when I saw Street Fighter 1 for the first time with the HUGE buttons...  ;*)) ...I thought it was AMAZING !!!  :D

When the first Street Fighter 2 came out I wanted to move in and live in the arcade...  :DxDie

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #3178 on: December 03, 2011, 11:32:48 PM »
ahhh well let me be the first to welcome you to old school head immiturity.  :D , i been playing video games since...pong.  Lando is 37 going on 38. 40 is looming like the grim reaper with an atari 2600 joystick for a scyth over my head. lol

SSF$Ae reminds me of the good ole sf2 days brought to the new frontier. i spent many many days in the arcade after work. i would work a 12 hour shift, get off 7am wash up, go to the mall arcade for 5 hours straight, then head home for a lil sleep before work again. i won the acrade championship  but i lost the next day when i went to play for fun to a 11 year old kid who was unholy with Zangief! \-/o

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #3179 on: December 04, 2011, 01:09:19 AM »

Lando is 37 going on 38. 40 is looming like the grim reaper with an atari 2600 joystick for a scyth over my head. lol 

:DxDie :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie

I got you bro...lol...I remember this one time I got whooped by a kid that could barely reach the stick and looked like he wasn't even 10... /:O

I don't remember which fighting game it was, but I did remember how shinny I left the floor after he mopped it with me...lol

It still happens today. There's this Cosmic Lord named KAIZER in MvC3 who is 15 years old and every time he joins our lobby he takes over and we start telling him that he should be in bed already. We are trying the get his Mom's phone number for when we grown ups wanna play by ourselves...  :D

By the way, if you wanna talk old school. I remember when I first got my Atari and spent countless hours playing Pong, Combat, Pacman and Asteroids thinking that they were IT...the pinnacle of gaming. My grandfather got an Atari computer and I was able to play Pole Position, Zaxxon and Basketball, so every day I would beg my mother to take me to his house, and don't get me started on my frustrations with ET and Superman in Atari...  \-/o

Berzerk and The Smurfs' game were the Sh*t though...  :thumbsup:

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #3180 on: December 04, 2011, 01:10:53 AM »
manolo...lmfao..look at the Last person to post thread. lmao! :DxDie

omg i HATED E<T and superman!  \-/o dont even get me started on that game called Adventure with the wack azz dragons that hunt you down till you get to your castle! o.O#

the memories i tell ya. well at least with sf2 and now with ssf4 ae i got good memories, but dang Kai and his infernal dang Guile! i hate you , i hate you , i will freakin beat you one day Kai and your stupid Guile! \-/o

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #3181 on: December 04, 2011, 02:08:30 AM »

dont even get me started on that game called Adventure with the wack azz dragons that hunt you down till you get to your castle! o.O#

I remember... :D

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #3182 on: December 04, 2011, 03:00:24 AM »
 Berzerk and The Smurfs' game were the Sh*t though...  :thumbsup:

DAYUM! you took it back! :cool i loved those two games. I used to skill that smurfs game hoping over those fenches to save smurfette :D i hated those spiders i think it was in the game lol

the memories i tell ya. well at least with sf2 and now with ssf4 ae i got good memories, but dang Kai and his infernal dang Guile! i hate you , i hate you , i will freakin beat you one day Kai and your stupid Guile! \-/o

lol you will lando you will. Guile is harmless ~:> Eventually ill run out of gas and slip up, i am getting old lol But if i was in my gaming teens again good luck holdin ya breath for that to happen! >:D

but yeh hella cool memories rockin versus lando :)...aaaww i remember the first Under handed Abel moment i surprised lando with...The epic phonecall: "YO WTF JUST HAPPENED??"

:DxDie :DxDie
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #3183 on: December 04, 2011, 06:10:06 AM »
DAYUM! you took it back! :cool i loved those two games. I used to skill that smurfs game hoping over those fenches to save smurfette :D i hated those spiders i think it was in the game lol

lol...I never had a problem with the spiders or the snakes. I did hate the Frickin' Birds and the Bat...THAT FKIN BAT !!!!!!!!!  \-/o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaStDcgQV8g&feature=related#

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #3184 on: December 04, 2011, 06:31:44 AM »
lol this was the version i was talking about

i always screwed up on the spider at times back then

and pardon fellow SSF4 peeps lol
 >:-(-| :-[

HAIL CROM!!

Offline novasod

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 30, 2017, 08:29:00 PM
« Reply #3185 on: December 04, 2011, 09:13:56 AM »
Does anyone know if this patch is coming out for the PC? Because that's the version of the game that I have. Thanks. :)

Offline I Can Dig It

• Da_linkwent
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:June 21, 2012, 08:18:23 PM
« Reply #3186 on: December 04, 2011, 09:52:48 AM »
It's coming out for PC aswell, although I think it's coming out at a later time for it. Also, does anyone play this on PS3? if so you guys can add me since I recently got a fightstick and have been trying to get some practice in this game.

PSN: Da_linkwent

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #3187 on: December 04, 2011, 11:56:44 AM »
It's coming out for PC aswell, although I think it's coming out at a later time for it. Also, does anyone play this on PS3? if so you guys can add me since I recently got a fightstick and have been trying to get some practice in this game.

PSN: Da_linkwent
i do i think im the only one besides you who does now  :(

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #3188 on: December 04, 2011, 12:47:52 PM »
 :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie omg yes! Kai that was a very very dirty move that i didnt even know he could do!  that called for a dial up and a WTF wat that speech.  :D . me and glux had one of those moments on MVC3. lol  but yo i got my revenge tho with T.Hawk double Ex air move.  i could image the look on your face when i pulled that out the bag of tricks , you was probably like  /:O :o. i even warned you it was comin.  :DxDie :DxDie

yeah man good times indeed, we must do this again and now with Manolo.  >:D

Offline I Can Dig It

• Da_linkwent
  • Initiate
« Reply #3189 on: December 04, 2011, 01:09:12 PM »
i do i think im the only one besides you who does now  :(

o nice, if you want we can play sometime, I just got off like a minute ago though.

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #3190 on: December 04, 2011, 03:16:56 PM »
lol this was the version i was talking about

i always screwed up on the spider at times back then

>:-(-|

Sorry, last time I get off topic for today, I promise... ;D

Anyway, you ColecoVision dudes always got the better graphics and gameplay. You frickin' were able to duck?? You know how useful that would have been !!!  \-/o

At least we got the better music and sound effects IMO. The jumping sound was great...  :D

Plus pushing the stick up twice to jump, which was the only move by the way...lol...was AWESOME !!!   :thumbsup:

How did you guys do it with the ColecoVision control??  :-??

PS. Answer me in The Last Person To Post Thread...  :)

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #3191 on: December 04, 2011, 07:25:58 PM »
 :D will do!

and on that note...Back to our regular scheduled program ::salute::

That Bison user in the 2nd match vs Ryu was going Animal!

HAIL CROM!!

Offline LarsAlexandersson

• Combo Trainer for Capcom & Namco games
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 11, 2015, 01:01:32 PM
« Reply #3192 on: December 05, 2011, 04:30:15 AM »
Is the patch for PC already released?
Possible UMvC3 JP voice for Marvel side as FREE DLC Pack:
MvC3: Marvel JPN VA List by ~LarsMasters on deviantART

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 28, 2014, 03:28:33 AM
  • Busy, as always
    • Wikipedia - Sabaki's Page
« Reply #3193 on: December 06, 2011, 10:58:24 AM »
 Haven't been on much due to other obligations, but I've been following AE 2012 news as they come out. All in all the balances from this patch should put everyone closer on the same playing field. I like the majority of each characters' balances and looking forward to more varied matches where peep are using most of the cast.

The nerfs that Yun & Yang got were long time coming and done in the way I'd have imagined; I had no issues with their combos, but what bugged me was how safe their moves were...well, moreso Yun. For example, Yun's Nishokyaku was too safe and good both as an anti-air and a runaway tool, while Zesshou Hohou was too go on pressure since it was + on block. Hoping that peeps will continue to play as the twins and show their stromg points, though in a fair manner.

Glad Ryu got some love, along with Juri. Although Vega (claw) got some buffs and fixes (ex. Bloody High Claw should not be interrupted because it misses during hits, crouch HK dealing more damage, etc.) , he still deals too little damage overall on some of his important tools. Ibuki is still fine, whatever buffs and nerfs she got. Same with Makoto and Rose imho. Cody's gonna be interesting with the increased walk speed, while Guy's new tricks (ex. Being able to normal throw almost immediately after a Bushin Flip). Just wish Capcom would return the original damage back to Guile's Sonic Hurricane. All the buffs he got just pales in comparison to the need that U2 got, cuz it's no longer satisfying to land it just for so tiny damage  :'(

How does everyone else feel about the new changes? Pleased with the changes to your mains?

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #3194 on: December 06, 2011, 11:22:32 AM »
the changes ive seen made to my main gen don't look like they'll change how i played with him at all. even after reading the updates i dont think ill really notice the changes like guile's buffs.

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #3195 on: December 06, 2011, 12:04:51 PM »
the changes ive seen made to my main gen don't look like they'll change how i played with him at all. even after reading the updates i dont think ill really notice the changes like guile's buffs.

Exactly how I feel about Guile. The buffs to his air throws make no difference cuz I can use them fine still in AE after the initial nerfs, while having some throw invinciblity to spinning reverse kick (close forward + HK) doesn't do much for me since I only will use it on crouching opponents. I think this is true for all my mains (Guile & Ibuki) and subs except for Vega, who was one of my mains but his footsie and mix ups aren't too worth it since his reward in damage isn't there anymore.

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
« Reply #3196 on: December 09, 2011, 09:41:13 PM »
lol, I really want to go back to Cody now, but I had been waiting for Yang since Vanilla. :( I've seen some AE2012 Yang matches and he doesn't seem too bad. Here's to hoping. : P

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #3197 on: December 13, 2011, 11:08:40 AM »
So, it's 12/13. Anyone got the update yet? I won't be able to try it until I get home from work.

Offline I Can Dig It

• Da_linkwent
  • Initiate
« Reply #3198 on: December 14, 2011, 06:46:01 PM »
yeah I been testing 2012 out, I thought Honda's medium headbutt that goes through projectiles would've been easier to time but I can understand why they would make it so strict. I also like the fact that Blanka's EX Upball makes the opponent fall so you don't get punished for landing it like you could before. Also, Evil Ryu seems to have a lot more life which was something that he really needed. Those are the changes that I probably like the most so far, still need to test more though.

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #3199 on: December 14, 2011, 07:20:32 PM »
 ~X( gen's ex roll reach has been shortened its useless against guys that keep throwing projectiles now :'(

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Golden Axe Returns by striderhiryu201
[June 23, 2024, 04:15:50 PM]

Virtual Bart Science Fair by Rage
[June 21, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

Turn Battle - Mega Man Robot Master Mayhem by O Ilusionista
[June 18, 2024, 10:11:08 AM]

Classic VS : Cheng / Athena by O Ilusionista
[June 18, 2024, 10:10:26 AM]

Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari Stage Pack by Vegaz by LightFlare
[June 17, 2024, 02:30:12 PM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[June 10, 2024, 11:25:24 PM]

Street Fighter Spec Ops 2021 by O Ilusionista
[June 08, 2024, 01:36:06 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

* IMT Calendar

June 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29