collapse

Author Topic: Ultra Street Fighter IV  (Read 45610 times)

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 28, 2014, 03:28:33 AM
  • Busy, as always
    • Wikipedia - Sabaki's Page
Re: Ultra Street Fighter IV
« Reply #3000 on: May 28, 2010, 11:39:47 AM »
Okay, I took the opportunity to translate the bug fixes as there's downtime at my job. Here's what's mentioned in the 5/21 entry in Saikyo blog at CoJ's site (note that this is not a translation from word-to-word, but just a summary while hitting on all the improtant points):

1) Specific combos by Fei-Long become infinites: While Capcom won't go into specifics about this, the trick to doing these infinites is through Rekku Kyaku. You could probably find a Youtube vid on it. Anyways, Rekku Kyaku is being fixed to prevent this infinite from happening.

2) Ultra Combos freezing time upon activation, which deactivates guard input: Yes, Capcom knew about this and thought it would add some nice element to gameplay for those who could utilize this little point. Problem is, too many characters can exploit this, especially those with projectiles. You can go on Youtube and check out those vids that point out unblockable attacks in SSFIV. In the upcoming patch, guard inputs will not be deactivated in order to prevent unblockable Ultra Combos with "no risk".

3) Guy can be thrown while in crouch hit animation: If Guy's hit while crouching, during that period of him in hit stun animation, the opponent can throw him. This will be fixed.

4) Ibuki's invincibility time while getting up is too long: Every character gets a certain amount of invinciblity time while knocked down, which extends to his/her getting up period. Apparently, the invincibility time for Ibuki while knocked down is longer than normal, which makes it last way past when she's done getting up. Not only does this prevent other characters from scoring clean hits on her, but this allows her to score uncontested hits. This will be fixed to match regular getting up standards...  :'(

5) 2nd hit of Ibuki's Sen not connecting on Chun Li: If Ibuki's Sen hits Chun Li while she's crouching, 2nd hit of Sen (doesn't matter the strength version iirc) won't hit, giving Chun Li some advantages for a counter hit where it shouldn't be possible. This will be fixed.

6) M.Bison's Ultra Combo II "Psycho Punisher" doing normal damage on a counter hit: Ultra Combos do extra damage on counter hits. M.Bison's "Psycho Punisher", on the other hand, doesn't do counter hit damage no matter the timing. This will be fixed.

7) Sagat's Ex Tiger Uppercut not having the correct effect after Angry Charge: The issue is the button inputs. There are 2 ways to do  Ex moves, one being pressing 2 buttons at the same time, and the other being sliding your fingers across the buttons. Apparently, if you do the button-sliding method, then Ex Tiger Uppercut after an Angry Charge won't have the correct effects applied to it. Capcom's gonna fix it where both Ex button-inputting methods are recognized after an Angry Charge for Ex Tiger Uppercut.

This can all be read here (in Japanese, though): <http://www.capcom.co.jp/blog/sf4/saikyo_blog/2010/05/21_2239.html>

@ANGELM: Yeah, there are bugs. Not major ones, but when you start playing at a pro level (not me, unfortunately  o.O# ) and start learning how to exploit the little flaws, it becomes an issue.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 11:55:53 AM by Sabaki »

Offline vyn

• Contributor
  • Last Login:September 02, 2024, 02:31:22 AM
    • Email
« Reply #3001 on: May 28, 2010, 11:43:39 AM »
kept begging for t hawks name to come up as i read lol, Also a new costume pack is out, this time for the main girls, c.viper is kinda nice. n tnx for the translation and take that ibuki users  :cool

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #3002 on: May 28, 2010, 11:55:08 AM »
kept begging for t hawks name to come up as i read lol, Also a new costume pack is out, this time for the main girls, c.viper is kinda nice. n tnx for the translation and take that ibuki users  :cool
>:P

It was good while it lasted, especially against powerhouse characters like T.Hawk and Zangief...or extra-fast-characters-that-like-to-bounce-all-over-the-screen-Spiderman-style like your El Fuerte lol . Yeah, gonna check out the new costumes again. Most of them look real good, like Gouki's, but I'm not feeling Ryu's at all.

Offline The King Sic-1™

• The King of Mugen & Best in the World!
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 28, 2018, 11:47:27 AM
  • Head over to http://sicgraphicsmugen.darkbb.com/
    • TheTrueSic-1
    • SicGraphicsMugen
« Reply #3003 on: May 28, 2010, 12:18:51 PM »
I'm Waiting for Ibukis new Costume.... she's my chick in SSF4!

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • Last Login:July 09, 2024, 09:24:19 PM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #3004 on: May 28, 2010, 02:34:01 PM »
Doesn't she get one with the Femme Fatales pack? I have yet to get that pack because I want to see how they look on youtube first before I actually buy it...

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #3005 on: May 28, 2010, 02:40:08 PM »
No, that pack only has the new costumes for the girls from SFIV. Ibuki's will be coming out later in the Super Challengers II pack.

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #3006 on: May 28, 2010, 04:15:00 PM »
i finally got this game on wednesday,but i can't play with any of u guys :'(
 i won't have a xbox live card till probably  week after next cuz i just want to get the yearly one, and i won't get the money for it like planned on next friday because i'll be in virginia. how do u get all the colors for a character? i got some for juri and gen for just playing arcade and versus. i'm not understanding how the colors are unlocked.

Offline vyn

• Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #3007 on: May 28, 2010, 05:03:15 PM »

Offline vyn

• Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #3008 on: June 03, 2010, 11:15:50 PM »
Came across some better vids of the alternate costumes, HD and all colors.

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #3009 on: June 03, 2010, 11:24:40 PM »
Vega's alt always bothered me he looks like a bootleg zoro.

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline ratmon

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 23, 2019, 04:48:30 PM
    • Email
« Reply #3010 on: June 06, 2010, 09:01:56 PM »
Does anyone think there will be a DLC with new characters? I just wanna see other people opinion, I think if they do maybe they will first be in the arcade version then release them as DLC. But who? I want Elena,(really bad) Rolento, Hugo, R.Mika, Alex, Hagger, Remy, Eagle, Ying, Yun, Sean, Charlie, and Urien.  I know thats a big list and it won't happen but at least four of them would be cool.

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 27, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
  • Some mothaf***as always Tryna iceskate uphill
    • Email
« Reply #3011 on: June 06, 2010, 09:27:17 PM »
Does anyone think there will be a DLC with new characters? I just wanna see other people opinion, I think if they do maybe they will first be in the arcade version then release them as DLC. But who? I want Elena,(really bad) Rolento, Hugo, R.Mika, Alex, Hagger, Remy, Eagle, Ying, Yun, Sean, Charlie, and Urien.  I know thats a big list and it won't happen but at least four of them would be cool.
its been discussed but honestly all it would do is divide the community perhaps a year or two a complete update but to individually release chars or just a few at a time in packs would cause utter chaos.
(click to show/hide)

Offline vyn

• Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #3012 on: June 06, 2010, 10:20:54 PM »
i would pay for a different boss character, seth is crap but the only character i kind of like is yang just not enough and yes it would divide the comunity or cause players to be kicked out of matches when a dlc character is selected by opponent since this happens after you join AND agree to the match. Cant say it wont happen since ive seen companies pull crap like that b4 so all i can do i hope for a new version in a year or so with new stuff instead of dlc dudes.

How bout new characters, i would preffer that, juri is good and hakan is quite refreshing, abel has decent moveset but no personality or charisma... fuerte is awesome, rufus is more crap, viper has a terry feeling to her i like and a regular tough chick persona and of course frikin master gouken so 5 out of 8 is a good number.

Offline C.R.O.M. jodafro619

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 11, 2022, 11:46:48 AM
  • LEMME SHO' YA SOMETHIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #3013 on: June 06, 2010, 11:16:48 PM »
i wonder when are they gonna introduce urien and gill into the mix story wise? alex would be a good fit as well. hey, since we're all on the wishing tip, let's have an option in super duper street fighter four (note: the next installment lol) to chose between that bum @## focus crap and the more better received parrying!! i don't know about you guys but street fighter ex 4 is just a tad bit overrated........

C.R.O.M. handling all the biters!!!

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #3014 on: June 07, 2010, 01:07:21 AM »
i wonder when are they gonna introduce urien and gill into the mix story wise? alex would be a good fit as well. hey, since we're all on the wishing tip, let's have an option in super duper street fighter four (note: the next installment lol) to chose between that bum @## focus crap and the more better received parrying!! i don't know about you guys but street fighter ex 4 is just a tad bit overrated........

yeh i thought about Alex, Sean, Rolento and even Oro. He was an Interestingly great char in SF3. people slept on em...

It would be Cool to have Oro use his Strongest Ultra and have em use Both his Hands to Finish you off^^
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline .:K.I.N.G:.

• King &
  • Global Moderator
  • Last Login:May 16, 2013, 07:18:26 PM
  • Accepting All Challenges
« Reply #3015 on: June 07, 2010, 01:24:22 AM »
more characters in this game wont leave much for sf5 which will be made using this engine as we all know, they will probably leave it at that for now, they also said something about the possibility of a ssf4 2011 update dlc with more balancing and maybe 1 or 2 new characters if ppl demand it....who knows, i think they should stop the reversion policy and just move on, i really don't like buying the same game more than once :-?? ah well, at least now i know that i'll probably skip sf5 and wait for ssf5 instead lol
I'm a Dude Playing a Dude, Disguised as Another Dude

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:June 29, 2024, 04:08:47 PM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #3016 on: June 07, 2010, 04:12:01 AM »
I was FINNALLY able to get this game.

Yay me.

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #3017 on: June 07, 2010, 10:46:47 AM »
If they add more characters it'll probably be those that won't progress through the story anymore so to leave room for important characters for SFV. I can see them throwing in more Alpha characters, and maybe a few more SFIII chars (would be great to have Alex). Just my thoughts, we'll have to wait & see when the arcade version of SSFIV comes out.

Current new characters are pretty good. Juri has grown on me alot (I know Vyn's hating that lol), while Hakan is definitely a breath of fresh air. Probably will never be a fan of Abel, but El Fuerte, Rufus, and C. Viper have some appeal...although sometimes their gameplay doesn't feel like it fits with SF mechanics  :-??

Offline vyn

• Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #3018 on: June 07, 2010, 12:12:17 PM »
although sometimes their gameplay doesn't feel like it fits with SF mechanics  :-??

very true

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 27, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
  • Some mothaf***as always Tryna iceskate uphill
    • Email
« Reply #3019 on: June 08, 2010, 12:22:14 AM »
@ sabaki stylistically the original sfiv chars don't fit however gameplaywise they are 3s characters pretty much. I will say that Abel and el fuerte are a close match but Rufus is a stretch and c viper is another character who belongs in kof. The two newbies from super are such a good fit I can imagine them with st sprites and all lol.
(click to show/hide)

Online Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:Today at 07:56:02 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #3020 on: June 25, 2010, 06:55:27 PM »
Omg CAPCOM, really?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 11:21:07 PM by G Lux »
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #3021 on: June 25, 2010, 07:47:10 PM »
@ sabaki stylistically the original sfiv chars don't fit however gameplaywise they are 3s characters pretty much. I will say that Abel and el fuerte are a close match but Rufus is a stretch and c viper is another character who belongs in kof. The two newbies from super are such a good fit I can imagine them with st sprites and all lol.

i definitely agree with the C viper being in KOF. thats the first thing i though. if they decide to do cvs3 you know shes gettin tossed in asap

HAIL CROM!!

Online Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:Today at 07:56:02 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #3022 on: June 25, 2010, 11:25:10 PM »
^
|
|
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Error Macro

• Never finishes anything
  • Last Login:May 30, 2022, 05:37:56 AM
    • :)
    • Email
« Reply #3023 on: June 25, 2010, 11:51:47 PM »

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #3024 on: June 26, 2010, 12:43:25 AM »
Omg CAPCOM, really?

wtf?? :D

That pic had an error and wouldnt show but now that i see it holy crap! lol

thats actually pretty damn cool seriously! :O*D

HAIL CROM!!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Mugen Of Solitude:Spacestation 1.0 Updated Stage By Supaman2525 & OldGamer by Aumio Khan
[Today at 09:12:20 AM]

thunderstrike eric masterson by wacky thaxie
[September 26, 2024, 06:09:19 PM]

Classic VS : Balrog by ELECTRO
[September 25, 2024, 11:44:58 PM]

Justice League Seattle Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 23, 2024, 12:14:06 PM]

Ancient Gears Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[September 20, 2024, 11:59:18 AM]

Justice League Metropolis Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 16, 2024, 11:57:49 AM]

Ultimate Mai Shiranui (FF2 & FF3) by nickfurry
[September 15, 2024, 02:27:53 AM]

Justice League Gotham Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 11, 2024, 09:41:42 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[September 07, 2024, 03:06:46 AM]

MatreroG's Stages W.I.P. Concepts by MatreroG
[September 06, 2024, 01:27:09 PM]

* IMT Calendar

September 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
[29] 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal