collapse

Author Topic: Universal Rankings *PLEASE VOTE!*  (Read 6907 times)

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:September 26, 2024, 07:45:03 AM
  • "Create the Un-Creatable"
Re: Universal Rankings *PLEASE VOTE!*
« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2013, 04:22:11 AM »
Arch, sorry to say, but Wolverine isn't immortal.

really? i just watch at trailer that said he was, this new movie is about how he loses his immortality, whether or not he gets it back?? Ill let you know know when the movie is over, besides immortal is a very loose term, and i know a movie will never be the comics, but I'm not saying he is a god, just stating the longevity of his life, same can be said for deadpool, or sabretooth. They could be said they can't die of natural causes, then by the same reasoning they are immortal

Offline Superjoker

• Infinity Sprite Artist
  • Last Login:November 11, 2019, 10:01:54 PM
« Reply #76 on: July 16, 2013, 05:43:46 AM »
*PHOENIX ADDED!

DC... really disappointing man!
Batman is very pop though! I put him next to Stark because they are very similar.

I still think Magneto is stronger than POlaris...

Goku revives too much!!!!! YOLO... Yeah Right!

It's getting close...

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:September 07, 2024, 07:23:21 PM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2013, 10:25:11 AM »
Arch, his own son can kill him (his black claw can negates Wolverine's healing factor). Even Magneto can kill him.

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2013, 11:02:44 AM »
And so those things can kill him, so can his head be lobbed off, still doesn't change the fact that he has a healing factor, which in turn makes him immortal, he has lived since the late 1800s, which says to me anyone who does that, would be considered immortal, a similar case would be highlander series, their gift granted them longer life, as did in that show "Amsterdam"
you can't just say immortality, equals invulnerability, being immortal is about life longevity, not whether or not they are applicable to death

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2013, 01:45:27 PM »
Retractable Muramasa Claws (formerly): Daken has had the claws which extend from the underside of his wrist bonded with a broken piece of the Muramasa Blade. The Tinkerer, who bonded the broken piece to Daken's claws, has also implanted artificial housings that act as sheathes inside Daken's wrists that are made of Adamantium. According to the Tinkerer, the substance the Muramasa blade is composed of would severely damage Daken's soft body tissues, hence the presence of the Adamantium sheathes. However, the Tinkerer has explained that the bonded claws can be broken and that Daken only use them in certain situations, such as using them only when he's sure he can deliver a wound without the possibility of the claws being damaged. As they're bonded with the broken shard, they were capable of inflicting wounds that greatly nullify the efficiency of accelerated healing factors. Even those with highly advanced healing factors, such as Wolverine, require several days to fully heal even minor cuts with the blade and the blade is capable of inflicting wounds that would be immediately fatal.

Even Daken doesn't have this claw anymore, the Muramasa Blade CAN KILL Wolverine.

Offline eg6gsr

• Contributor
  • Last Login:February 26, 2024, 03:24:12 AM
  • my first love
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: July 16, 2013, 02:03:00 PM »
Ok I'm having a hard time following this thread. Is it a popularity vote, or is it a vote based on who is the most powerful, or is it a vote based on who is the most awesome(which is a popularity vote).

I mean you took off Spawn, left Superman and then added Phoenix and Hulk is still the number 1 ranked, whats going on here? There is no way Superman at his best and the Phoenix(not Gean Grey the Phoenix) are ranked under anyone on this list. Also I see Goku isn't even ranked but the likes of Spiderman, Ironman, and Wolverine are?

I feel like what I and SideburnGuru post get over looked because basically this ranking list with the characters you have doesn't make sense any way I look at it.

my new one

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 02:35:37 AM
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #81 on: July 16, 2013, 03:29:56 PM »
Seriously? WHY!? WHY!? DON"T ADD HEEEERRRR PLEASE DON'T
PPPPPLLLLEEEESSSEEE!

You do realize why she has been dead for nearly over 10 years right? It's because she is too over powered for the writers to use. They haven't even really showed her limits yet as the White Phoenix of the Crown (as she is now). Regular Phoenix(green) was powerful, but she didn't have her full power yet. She had most of it locked so she could stay in control. That's when Mastermind started unlocking them. Then she became Dark Phoenix... And with your rules...she has that limit removed...Phoenix can end the universe, can't die because the Phoenix Force is immortal, if it does get destroyed then all life is erased. IT'S A NO WIN SITUATION!
REMOVE HER FROM THE LIST!
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.
-Mei Ling quotting Shakespeare

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #82 on: July 16, 2013, 04:01:55 PM »
Even Daken doesn't have this claw anymore, the Muramasa Blade CAN KILL Wolverine.

huh? Are we now putting daken on the list? What are we now talking about
if you have the ability of extended life, you are immortal, who cares if kryptonite can kill superman, or getting squashed by a container can kill legion, there are many random ways to die, if no one hurt or went out of there way to hurt wolvie he would live for centuries, this is considered immortality=extension of life

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: July 16, 2013, 04:55:08 PM »
if you have the ability of extended life, you are immortal, who cares if kryptonite can kill superman, or getting squashed by a container can kill legion, there are many random ways to die, if no one hurt or went out of there way to hurt wolvie he would live for centuries, this is considered immortality=extension of life

What? hahahahaha.
Go home, you are drunk.

Offline eg6gsr

• Contributor
  • my first love
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: July 16, 2013, 04:56:29 PM »
Seriously? WHY!? WHY!? DON"T ADD HEEEERRRR PLEASE DON'T
PPPPPLLLLEEEESSSEEE!

You do realize why she has been dead for nearly over 10 years right? It's because she is too over powered for the writers to use. They haven't even really showed her limits yet as the White Phoenix of the Crown (as she is now). Regular Phoenix(green) was powerful, but she didn't have her full power yet. She had most of it locked so she could stay in control. That's when Mastermind started unlocking them. Then she became Dark Phoenix... And with your rules...she has that limit removed...Phoenix can end the universe, can't die because the Phoenix Force is immortal, if it does get destroyed then all life is erased. IT'S A NO WIN SITUATION!
REMOVE HER FROM THE LIST!

huh? Are we now putting daken on the list? What are we now talking about

These two post kinda sum up why I'm lost in this thread. The Phoenix and Superman Prime 1 Million at there best with no limits and no one to stop them destroy all universes/life in their respective multiverses with very little effort and from what I can see this is why Spawn was removed.

From what else I can gather Immortals are not allowed either(another reason I guess Spawn was removed) and yet Superman(who as prime 1 million has no weakness not even to Kryptonite, Red Suns, or magic) and the Phoenix are still listed, as well as the Wolverine, Professor X, and the Hulk(See Arch's argument as to why these 3 are listed). People can be immortal and still be killed if they are not omnipotent in the sense that nothing can kill them.

I'm just trying to get a grasp on the actual voting system and rules because a lot of these people shouldn't be on this list because the rules are conflicting.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 05:19:50 PM by eg6gsr »

my new one

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2013, 05:18:26 PM »

What? hahahahaha.
Go home, you are drunk.
hahahahahah I'm fairly sure out of us two, you'd be the drunk one, read up on the definition of immortality, and please from a dictionary, (not some comic reference) and still I have no idea why are even talking about daken, maybe I am drunk :P

This poll is kinda going no where due to it more being popularity contest than actually valid reasoning in any kind of sense, maybe a round two  with characters that fit the now figured out guidelines, it's kinda why the whole, "I don't get why my pick is not included" thing is happening with everyone, besides hulk will most likely win, but then again he might not make the newer guidelines down the track. Which then we can call this the universal but sorta can we rule half the choices out poll
Still fun though

Hey since we got superman in the list can I put up Gladiator, those two toe to toe would be cool

Offline SideburnGuru

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 22, 2013, 07:55:05 AM
  • Freedom.
« Reply #86 on: July 16, 2013, 06:15:42 PM »
hahahahahah I'm fairly sure out of us two, you'd be the drunk one, read up on the definition of immortality, and please from a dictionary, (not some comic reference) and still I have no idea why are even talking about daken, maybe I am drunk :P

This poll is kinda going no where due to it more being popularity contest than actually valid reasoning in any kind of sense, maybe a round two  with characters that fit the now figured out guidelines, it's kinda why the whole, "I don't get why my pick is not included" thing is happening with everyone, besides hulk will most likely win, but then again he might not make the newer guidelines down the track. Which then we can call this the universal but sorta can we rule half the choices out poll
Still fun though

Hey since we got superman in the list can I put up Gladiator, those two toe to toe would be cool

From Merriam-Webster? Unending Existince.

Wolverine does NOT have immortality, since he can be killed in numerous ways. Deadpool does have immortality, since Thanos has taken away every way he can die, I THINK. That may have been retconned, I think Deadpool did get the ability to die again, I don't know. Superman CAN die in numerous ways, hence he's not immortal. Lobo CAN NOT die, he is immortal since he got banned from heaven and hell. 

There is a strong fine liine, to immortality and having a healing factor. Lobo can live forever, Deadpool can live forever, because they were both were disabled from death. 

Going by Merriam, those are the only two I can think of with pure immortality. 

Also, if you'd think Hulk would beat Superman/Sentry, Phoniex, AND MARTIAN MANHUNTER? Martian Manhunter especially, I have to question everyone in this thread on why Martin Manhunter couldn't make Hulk look like a complete jobber.

I am the stone that the builder refused
I am the visual,
the inspiration,
that made lady sing the blues

Offline eg6gsr

• Contributor
  • my first love
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: July 16, 2013, 06:48:27 PM »

Superman CAN die in numerous ways, hence he's not immortal.

I need to get this out there. Superman Prime 1 Million can't not be Killed not even by the Presence. That is the strongest Superman there is, Even Pre-Crisis could chose weather he lived or die.

my new one

Offline Superjoker

• Infinity Sprite Artist
« Reply #88 on: July 16, 2013, 06:51:29 PM »
Ok, ok.

Just remember the fight is between the chars not the forum members  :D

**List has been updated.

Spawn is a demon/supernatural entity (so was Phoenix) so lets get over them.

Superman Prime is NOT SUPERMAN! the reference sprites are the char intended.

I suppose Batman could come up with genius plans to destroy them all!!!

Ice man is omega, and Human Torch is kinda the same but with fire.

Mags is back!

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:September 02, 2024, 11:37:18 AM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: July 16, 2013, 06:58:48 PM »
 :D of all these listed super powered beings of the comic universes characters...i am still sorta baffled as to why Batman is on this list. he is a regular human.  :D he has zero chances against some of these insane powerful characters...unless he got a kryptonite suit...but if including Superman Prime 1 million which if it doesnt effect him leaves Batman totally outmatched period.

i am still trying to grasp the current rule sets and why those characters are in rankings and as to why they are ranked like that. Voting wise...  no matter how powerful the characters listed are and can be ...Batman is in the lead in votes!  :DxDie

this might be now becoming about the most popular instead of who the most powerful in all facets .  :-??

i am still surprised no mentioned the Juggernaut yet!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 07:05:15 PM by C.R.O.M - Lando »

Offline eg6gsr

• Contributor
  • my first love
    • Email
« Reply #90 on: July 16, 2013, 07:19:21 PM »

Superman Prime is NOT SUPERMAN! the reference sprites are the char intended.

Yes Superman Prime 1 Million is Superman, in fact prime 1 million is the Superman most people know as All-Star Superman after he was in the sun for 15,000 years. Also if you leave in the fact that they must look like the sprite you have then Pre-Crisis fits the bill and while he is no where near close to prime 1 million he still fits the Bills as a immortal being who is way to over powered for anyone on this list.

With your rules Superman is the strongest but should also not be in this fight either.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 02:29:03 PM by eg6gsr »

my new one

Offline SideburnGuru

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 22, 2013, 07:55:05 AM
  • Freedom.
« Reply #91 on: July 16, 2013, 08:44:04 PM »
I'm STIIIIIIIILLLL trying to figure out why Hulk is at the top spot after all the reasons given.
I am the stone that the builder refused
I am the visual,
the inspiration,
that made lady sing the blues

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:June 29, 2024, 04:08:47 PM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: July 16, 2013, 09:02:24 PM »
I'm STIIIIIIIILLLL trying to figure out why Hulk is at the top spot after all the reasons given.

Don't you know? HULK STRONGEST THERE IS!!!1!!!!!!1![/sarcasim]

Seriously though? fanboyism

Offline C.R.O.M. Zaxis

• Green Lantern of sector 2814.6
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 08, 2023, 02:57:48 PM
  • Zaxis for CROM
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: July 16, 2013, 09:29:57 PM »
Isn't Batman the most voted?

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: July 16, 2013, 10:01:33 PM »
yep Zaxis.... Batman sure is top voted....and he aint even close to being the most powerful on this list by any means logical. lmao reality and comic book wise tho... :-?? whats his most powerful version and does it compete with the top tiers?

well to be total fair...if going by the rules and such ..then you HAVE to include Hulks most powerful form...not his base. If Superman Prime 1 million is in or even his less but still powerful form...then you have to not just include Hulk's..but everyone elses.

Ok i am going to have to ask and add this in:

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 10:08:09 PM by C.R.O.M - Lando »

Offline eg6gsr

• Contributor
  • my first love
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: July 16, 2013, 10:18:55 PM »
yep Zaxis.... Batman sure is top voted....and he aint even close to being the most powerful on this list by any means logical. lmao reality and comic book wise tho... :-?? whats his most powerful version and does it compete with the top tiers?

well to be total fair...if going by the rules and such ..then you HAVE to include Hulks most powerful form...not his base. If Superman Prime 1 million is in or even his less but still powerful form...then you have to not just include Hulk's..but everyone elses.

Ok i am going to have to ask and add this in:

(click to show/hide)

Batman does in fact have a place on this list if we are using him at his most powerful, I'd like to introduce some of you to

Yea that's right someone thought it would be a good idea to give Bruce Wayne a Lantern Ring so he does rank on this list.

my new one

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: July 16, 2013, 11:19:24 PM »
WOW! ok now him on the list makes a lot of sense now. never knew he was a lantern. lol

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 02:35:37 AM
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #97 on: July 16, 2013, 11:24:08 PM »
What? Wait I thought we're going off on base here?
If you all really want to go all crazy then add every power house you can think of.
Obviously  the one that wins is the one that:
Can't die
can alt reality
destroy all life
destroy plants
eat plants
survive living in a star
eat stars
survive in the vacuum of space
withstand all elements that would kill a normal human
...am I missing anything else?
Oh and survive a black hole...
Not many characters can survive that, not even the worlds greatest detective...

The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.
-Mei Ling quotting Shakespeare

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: July 16, 2013, 11:45:20 PM »
hey bro dead Pheonix... this is the new rules....they been changing quite a few time. lol

RULES-

- 1-on-1
- All universes crossover
- On planet Earth
- No gods/immortal/supernatural entities
- No amalgamations/fusions

in the begining it was different, then changed again.. and i think is this the 3rd change? or 4th?

keep changing the rules keeps changing the dynamic of the debate. then a lot of the roster characters would either go up a tier or down or farther down or off period.   what you listed tho DP might fall into the no gods and such rule.  But if now we going by base character...better take Batman off this list Asap! he is outranked period in a one on one fight. most these guys and gals dont even have to punch him....i pray to lawd what would happen if one of the strength wise powerhouses did hit him.  :-SS

oh yeah and No gods def mean Thor stays out. :D
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 12:00:28 AM by C.R.O.M - Lando »

Offline Superjoker

• Infinity Sprite Artist
« Reply #99 on: July 17, 2013, 12:23:08 AM »
hey guys!

the rules change along with the entries and rankings.

True Bats is powerless, but he is winning votes!!!! lol

So i think he should at least be 10th?
He does however have the kryptonite ring that would pawn Supes (#1)

I think Xavier is a little lame too as he cannot actually psychically combat (unless maybe he had a long stick)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

thunderstrike eric masterson by wacky thaxie
[September 26, 2024, 06:09:19 PM]

Classic VS : Balrog by ELECTRO
[September 25, 2024, 11:44:58 PM]

Justice League Seattle Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 23, 2024, 12:14:06 PM]

Ancient Gears Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[September 20, 2024, 11:59:18 AM]

Justice League Metropolis Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 16, 2024, 11:57:49 AM]

Ultimate Mai Shiranui (FF2 & FF3) by nickfurry
[September 15, 2024, 02:27:53 AM]

Justice League Gotham Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 11, 2024, 09:41:42 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[September 07, 2024, 03:06:46 AM]

MatreroG's Stages W.I.P. Concepts by MatreroG
[September 06, 2024, 01:27:09 PM]

Justice League Flash Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 03, 2024, 10:30:40 AM]

* IMT Calendar

September 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28