collapse

Author Topic: Legendary Terry Bogard: ATV3 Updates Thread  (Read 8599 times)

Offline jethroyo

• Initiate
  • Last Login:September 19, 2013, 03:30:43 PM
Re: Legendary Wolf Terry Bogard: ATV3 Official Release (2013)
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2013, 04:45:08 PM »
Yea the link tells me I have to sign in to download

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2013, 07:23:43 PM »
Yea the link tells me I have to sign in to download

ill see what i can do about that some time later...be patient ;)
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2013, 11:21:27 AM »
Site link to character now open again for download

and no...no one has to sign in to get the file

HAIL CROM!!

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2013, 12:10:33 AM »
more post final updates.

-another bug found and removed. There was a air dash state i forgot to remove in the air bash.

-now the close weak knee strike & standing medium punch can chain into the standing launcher geyser kick.
The AI of terry was able to do it but i forgot to code that in for the human player also.

-The guard cancel are bit more dynamic now. You can flow into a throw on the roll forward guard cancel if you are close enough. And you can flow into a weak, medium or heavy crack shoot if timed right from a roll away guard cancel. its a good sneak attack. CAUTION: Ive coded my terry AI to catch you off guard with it at times

theres about a good 1 or two more things i want to officially nail before i leave the character as is completely

HAIL CROM!!

Offline jethroyo

• Initiate
« Reply #79 on: May 10, 2013, 01:20:57 AM »
After fighting him again he become a balance boss-like character now good job  :w00t:

I still get my butt whoop though lol. I love fighting him, he makes my skills better with certain characters.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #80 on: May 10, 2013, 01:50:10 PM »
After fighting him again he become a balance boss-like character now good job  :w00t:

I still get my butt whoop though lol. I love fighting him, he makes my skills better with certain characters.

And that my friend is the mark i wanted to hit ;) Im curious, what mugen version did you play against him in?

HAIL CROM!!

Offline jethroyo

• Initiate
« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2013, 02:59:16 PM »
And that my friend is the mark i wanted to hit ;) Im curious, what mugen version did you play against him in?

I use IMT screenpack (Blue)

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2013, 03:32:10 PM »

I use IMT screenpack (Blue)

hmm.. interesting. i asked because i see at times it seems like his AI is not that aggressive in 1.0 as he is in win mugen which i initially coded him for. but still thats a plus if his AI response is decent to you in 1.0 8) My testers said the same also so thats a good thing for 1.0 so far

i plan on coding a separate patch for 1.0 as an option so that folks who have 1.0 only can enjoy that version. no major changes just the triggers for 1.0. Im gonna look at Acey old thread to see how its done at some point when i get a chance.

HAIL CROM!!

Offline jethroyo

• Initiate
« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2013, 02:58:03 AM »
I decided to play with him again. Super Burn Knuckle too half of the opponets hp for a lvl one  /:O

Edit: All level ones hypers damage seem to be back to taking 40 percent of heath.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 03:16:25 AM by jethroyo »

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2013, 12:05:08 PM »
I decided to play with him again. Super Burn Knuckle too half of the opponets hp for a lvl one  /:O

Edit: All level ones hypers damage seem to be back to taking 40 percent of heath.

which version did you get and how long ago was it? some things were actually toned down or slightly tweaked so that the damage can actually deal better on certain enemies. remember, there are various mugen characters out there at times that are for some reason coded to take either less damage or more. some have less life than others and some have more defense points than others. but anyway thats a preference between each creator out there depending on the theme of the character.

here are my level 1 supers:

Super Burning tackle (the side ways spinning kick tackle)

First hit
damage = 20,5

last hit hit
damage = 40,18

Live wire geyser (the triple geyser blasts)
(these damages actually have been toned down in the version you have. i never touched that again.
I only made it better so that it juggles the enemy properly. Thats actually where it should be)

First two blasts (80 is the open hit & 45 is the blocked hit)
damage=80,45

Final 3rd blast
damage=115,48

Over shift buster wolf (dashing punch. blazing Gut punch and then buster wolf blast)

dashing punch
damage = 25,15

damage = 45,35

gut punch
damage = 45,25

Blast
damage=60,30

comparison (again you have to remember this is like a smaller boss version of True geese by higami)

Now my LEVEL 3 buster wolf blast damage?? (depending on how close or far away you are it does this much)

Dashing punch hit (again depending on how close you are)
damage = 55,45

damage = 55,45

Buster wolf blast

first part of blast
damage = 80,30

second part (end blast)
damage = 75,30

huge difference...

i may consider toning THAT down

« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 02:53:54 PM by DeMoNk@I »

HAIL CROM!!

Offline jethroyo

• Initiate
« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2013, 07:54:16 PM »
Its best that the second hits take the same damage of the first hit.

Look carefully at his level one damage

« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 10:21:59 PM by jethroyo »

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2013, 06:01:18 PM »
 :( aww the damage isnt that harsh haha

but yeh you are talking about that over shift buster wolf move he did first right?
yeh that version you have is a lil outdated. just a bit. i updated him on the 15th. (the intro of the music versus geese been changed for a while now as i noticed)

heres a random video by another person. showin the damage

anyway ive already moved on to ryo but ill keep him under observation when i can. theres actually a random bug in him im trying to catch. it seems to happen during AI battles and when he gets countered or hit out of a rising tackle....its rare if you see it though. a mini version of himself poops out when it happens. i know its a bug but right now i dont get why it happens. if you happen to see it let me know. thats a bug i think i fixed but i might be wrong :-??

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Mach25

• You think this is a smile? It's not, it's the grimace of a lion.
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:November 02, 2014, 11:47:53 PM
« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2013, 08:59:53 PM »
Imma turn the heat up on Terry, man. He's going to be a beast when I'm done with his AI.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
Re: Legendary Terry Bogard: ATV3 Updates (2013)
« Reply #88 on: June 24, 2013, 05:16:03 PM »
Major update to the A.I.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/e8kn95

The site link already got updated so you can always go there to get the entire package. Other things were done in tweaks recently. Theres extra info on whats the deal on the character here and there as of late aside from his AI so i wanted to share that here. this is for the folks following the character who just want to get to the AI update alone much faster.

Ok the details:

-He engages the enemy a lot better as far as covering more ground chasing you down. Before he would have a person in the corner he would stay idle in wait too long. It wasnt a big deal to me since he reacts aggressive as soon as you made a move or jump in the air but i couldnt deny that a nice lil trip up or surprise low attack would be nice plus to his AI. So now i pushed a bit further.

-he rolls dodges towards you more so like pots geese now to surprise attack you. he doesnt spam it but it does happen a good 50% of the time now. This leads up to more throwing like how Vyns ken is. if you sit idle for too long that may happen a lot more now. Only thing is i have to ramp up his corner low game a lot heavier like Vyns ken.

-He does more low attacks than before like set ups or fakes. However ive been studying more on AI and how it all works entirely to be effective to cover much more ground. the low attacks are ok  now but its not at the point where im totally satisfied. still needs work.

As for bugs. well theres one elusive bug i cant seem to catch. it seems it only happens when he fights against RAIDEN KOFXIII. when terry gets knocked out the air by him a mini version of him pops out. no error codes on the screen but that happens. so im trying to catch it and get rid of it. If you see it and know exactly what it is feel free to post here. id appreciate it.

Anyway ill try to add different links here at some point so everyone can get the files....

a video may come in some time exposing the update also!

« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 02:35:13 AM by DeMoNk@I »

HAIL CROM!!

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #89 on: June 24, 2013, 07:21:25 PM »
check that AI update again. i had to get rid of something that was making his AI bit buggy. just the CMD file is uploaded...

HAIL CROM!!

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2013, 04:33:42 PM »
if you go to my site and the char Download link is down that means its just me uploading him with a new update of fixes ive done). The link wont stay down for too long though. Be patient

-NEW! 7/1/03:

-AI bug twitch of crouching low and standing punch in the corner after enemy is in lie down state in lose state even after 5 secs is fixed.

-AI charge up (power up) has been re coded to perform much more effectively at a distance as it should and terry can now cancel out of a charge up to defend or evade at times. He usually charges up as the enemy is charging up. Pots geese does that which i always liked. i studied how he coded that AI in that area. and i figured it out^^ And yes that means now he utilizes the power bar as he should

-EX rising tackle doesn't wiff through enemies up close in the corner.

-A.I. of lvl 4 low health supers are now re coded so that it doesnt trigger on the 1st power bar of energy. (dirty AI removed)

-Previously: 6/30/03: AI core activation recoded entirely again and simplified so that terry's combat performance isn't buggy out of the blue. A bit more paced with his attacks.

-EX wolf crack shoot last kick doesnt wiff through enemies in the corner.

-Charge up FX animation has been redone. A lot cleaner in visuals.

START

END

-More FX sprites have either been deleted or just codes removed out of certain states of supers. However there are some dead sprites in there i call herpes because every time i try to delete them it crashes the character with some sprite line error code message. so i deleted a lot but a few small ones i had to leave because of that retarded issue. If i figure out why that happens ill delete the few thats left also

-Extra trigger power wave state file removed to fix mini terry bug error. (eh well at at least i think i did. hopefully its not a rare illusive bug)

If i dont post here in weeks or days on the character just check my site and make sure you pay attention to the dates and details. Im always working on fixes that i can find or may see need to be done in terry when i have time to.

I now would like to officially conclude my Legendary Terry thread.

over time i will be more so in the WIPS section posting on my Violent Ryo progress

laters
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 05:20:13 PM by DeMoNk@I »

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: July 01, 2013, 06:04:06 PM »
Cool ! good updating the character and fixes you done.  I know its a lot of work but always worth the doing man. Keep up all the good cool work bro and gettin better as you can. So and now The Lando can look forward to the Violet Ryo!! >:D   ::salute::

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #92 on: October 31, 2013, 07:32:14 PM »
what up crew. been busy with life more so GTA5 my brains out (lol) but in recent days i got the coding bug again and felt to code in these new FX finally and do more cleaning of old stuff that i didnt need anymore.

-Normal hits

-Special hits

-super Hit FX

-supers charges (sexier)

LVL 1 & 2 (Blue charges & i did a Red tint for LVL 3)

LVL 3

New block FX for normal attacks

New Block FX (specials and supers)

-i re did the look of His EX burn knuckles fx priority numbers so that it looks more dynamic instead just seeing
the energy fX and not his body at all

-Theres been tweaks here and there to his AI. 1 or two things thats buggin me about it i want to nail

-As for EX power wave im already aware it doesnt have a block FX. i have to play with the new code more
so it triggers properly. the new hit spark of it is there though

-Block spark for normal power waves are weird and off for now also. im aware of that. workin on it

-I didnt get to resize down even more the rising tackle hit boxes yet but i will. it doesnt look that thick in the air but in game it really shows when exploited i have to be honest. i guess i have to make it super thin to the legs

-Resized the rising tackles. the boxes are tight to his legs and dont leave
any dirty start ups. meaning no more hit boces on his hand sticking out on start up animation

-The look of the EX power tackle has been revised a bit with the FX and fixed. The first hit spark of the tackle is fixed better.
There is also a block FX. And the custom enemy hit on the groun has been lowered into the ground
properly so that when hes getting pounded into the ground it doesnt look like hes floating a bit.

-All the block are now on for all attacks. special power waves and EX power waves have their proper block FX.
I had to go back and look over some things and found i forgot to change something with helper code trigger.

-The hidden move. dirty south town has been kazzed up a bit better with the hit spark placements

-The connection between the rising tackle and the blaze n daze are gone now. it was a pointless chain since after
the blaze n daze combo the rising tackle would never really connect anyway. so only the power dunk and a few others could
chain from the blaze n daze

NOTE: and yes im aware the critical counter is off n buggy. ill be dealing with that another time.
i removed the extra i didnt care for anymore.

well thats it for now to show thats major. Other things light i will be fine tuning are not important to speak on.
youll notice it in time when decide to check my site for updates

As for damage in moves, NO i didnt tweak down anything again. ill leave it as is for WINmugen since i already went
through a series of down tweaks already. ill save that for 1.0 patching. my terry will be a whole lot weaker dramatically
when he gets patched for that. folks who like some damage can go to winmugen and folks who want the more tamer version can go to 1.0 thats my plan

peace
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 09:51:01 PM by DeMoNk@I »

HAIL CROM!!

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #93 on: November 18, 2013, 10:32:41 PM »
Finally decided to add this win state style to my terry. i jazzed it up a bit more but the style is a lil simular to one other creator out there. i just put my spin on it

I always liked the SVC manga series i have so i ran with one of my favorite Terry pics. cropped it out  cleaned it up and got good ol lando to clean up the edges nice neat. thanks Trash can L..Oh,,um i mean Lando!  :D:Terry

-This concept style of the win state ill be using for my creations. Their game or anime Logo they come from will be shown under the "WINNER" text. Along with a BGM theme that goes with the character. In this case i ripped the end theme from FF the motion picture "Oh angel". i chopped it down a bit and made it fade out at a certain point. its a long song so i made it decent enough n short. the intro i cut down. just used the heavy start of the Guitars for that beginning part

Well thats all for now folks. check the site if you are curious of what other technical stuff i decided to re do or fix not mentioned here in the past week. 1 or two more things i feel i need to tackle in his AI combat and i think that should FINALLY do it for my terry updates

peace
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 10:39:48 PM by DeMoNk@I »

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Mach25

• You think this is a smile? It's not, it's the grimace of a lion.
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:November 02, 2014, 11:47:53 PM
« Reply #94 on: November 19, 2013, 07:51:52 AM »
Really good stuff, bro. Love the set up here! And keep making those vids!  :cool

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: November 19, 2013, 12:01:25 PM »

>:D lol  :thumbsup: great job homie! keep it up.  ::salute::

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #96 on: November 19, 2013, 02:54:05 PM »

>:D lol  :thumbsup: great job homie! keep it up.  ::salute::

Whenever youre ready to throw down just let me know Lando lol and thanks!!

Really good stuff, bro. Love the set up here! And keep making those vids!  :cool

Thanks fellas!

well...i found another issue to fix  8=|

But i took care of it. it was a hit box issue that needed re sizing and re adjusting. The helper hit box of the EX shatter wave was pretty off so it couldnt make full contact up close. I looked at how pots did his Geese Howard EX reppuken and just adjusted my helper hit box JUST LIKE HIS and it fixed the problem entirely

The download link isnt updated with the fix yet. it will be some time today though

HAIL CROM!!

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #97 on: November 25, 2013, 05:22:53 PM »
Finally got these last features in my terry i wanted.

Shock animations

Midnight bliss animations (compatible with EX infernis, vanity13 and most Demitris out there)

i did add ONLY one more sprite of terry being EXTRA skinny of my own to make it much more wild looking being drained. The shock outline i re did a different way BUT THANKS to sky79 with the MAJOR help of the initial sprites. There was no way i wasnt going to shout that dude out on this. fantastic job.

NOTE: Theres a difference between the way Terry screams in pain depending on which Demitri you have. In this case Vanity13's is a bit less agony where as Infernis version (one of my old favorite edits to have) is much more horrific^^.

Both fun to see and hear n general. i noticed no characters i always had custom sounds in their characters to trigger when in that state
(not even pots) so i figured out a cool way put more impact in the Midnight bliss assault.

KNOWN BUG IN HIM!!:
=====================================================================
Isolated bug issue where he may go into his last round lose state animation instead of his normal first round losss state. This seems to happen ONLY when Don drago 4 in one svc ryu beats him. it might be like that with certain other characters too so heads up. it doesnt crash the game it just makes him look sloppy with no sound. Im already aware of it. im just not sure how to fix it. so ill leave it like that for now until i figure out how to fix it. i
=====================================================================

Well Thats pretty much it for terry on updates Unless i think of something new and not that major to add or fix in him. im currently patching the 1.0 version. Unless i find another bug er something this should be it entirely. Theres nothing else i really care to do with now in this state

Thanks to those who have been following the project. im currently patching 1.0 and have already made Huge nerfs to damage and everything else. winmugen and 1.0 will be different  majorly when it comes to that. there will be two different files at my site

Laters
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 02:48:01 AM by DeMoNk@I »

HAIL CROM!!

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: November 25, 2013, 05:30:34 PM »
lol she went from sexy to meth head look in seconds! :D  lol good one man very good . ::salute::

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #99 on: November 25, 2013, 06:03:39 PM »
Thanks man. yo laughed my butt off when i finally got the screaming sound to go with Buck tooth crackhead look of terry.....i like doing it with Inefrnis version more because of that crazy scream i put in there lol

HAIL CROM!!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Turn Battle - Mega Man Robot Master Mayhem by O Ilusionista
[June 18, 2024, 10:11:08 AM]

Classic VS : Cheng / Athena by O Ilusionista
[June 18, 2024, 10:10:26 AM]

Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari Stage Pack by Vegaz by LightFlare
[June 17, 2024, 02:30:12 PM]

Virtual Bart Science Fair by Lord_Enemil
[June 15, 2024, 08:23:51 PM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[June 10, 2024, 11:25:24 PM]

Street Fighter Spec Ops 2021 by O Ilusionista
[June 08, 2024, 01:36:06 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

* IMT Calendar

June 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15