collapse

Author Topic: Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3  (Read 9471 times)

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 05, 2015, 07:56:22 PM
Re: Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3
« Reply #150 on: October 30, 2007, 11:59:41 PM »
all though it would be fun. Thats the kinda thinking that made the previous games lack in fighting and add so many useless chars like Hercule & Pan.

Mr. Satan Useless? He saved earth for Satan's sake, Had the funniest attacks in Budokai and he's the overall comic relief character that all fighting games need.

Besides he would do fine against DB characters so he gets less credit than deserved.

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #151 on: October 31, 2007, 12:01:13 AM »
he's a like dan in street fighter.

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #152 on: October 31, 2007, 12:16:01 AM »
he's a like dan in street fighter.

And Luigi in Smash Bros! :)

Offline Akeme

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:March 15, 2010, 11:16:35 PM
« Reply #153 on: October 31, 2007, 01:24:07 AM »
True i understand that, i also agree tenkaichi is better than the budokai series. I also hope they will bring the franchise to the ps3 so we can see what they can do with the ps3's power and all.

I don't think there would be any difference aside from graphics, besides it's not like if they could make things in the PS3 that can't be done in the Wii/PS2.
I disagree with the ps3's power they emulate the anime more not just by graphics but with things like detail and stuff that isn't show or done in the ps2 or wii games yet.

"Since when thy become the bad guy"

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #154 on: October 31, 2007, 02:56:31 PM »
I disagree with the ps3's power they emulate the anime more not just by graphics but with things like detail and stuff that isn't show or done in the ps2 or wii games yet.

....Detail and stuff would end up in the graphics department you know.. :-w

Besides Atari won't make games for a console that's getting beated by the GBA and PS2 not to mention that if Sparking is selling good in these consoles ( it's gold on the Wii ) there's no need for going to the PS3, AND last but not least, if they stop making it for the PS2 and just for the Wii you'll see real Graphic improvement.

Offline Negi Springfield

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:December 26, 2022, 03:12:38 PM
  • Got some change?!
    • Hokuto_no_Fan
« Reply #155 on: October 31, 2007, 05:26:55 PM »
I dont mind at all
post any vids you want
JUST PLZ USE FLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[fl@sh=425,350][/fl@sh]
of course with normal a's

anyway
VKM
there is Young Piccilo(DB/Sayian Saga and Frieza saga but that's only because of his moves)
but not kid,sorry
The crazy dodgeing is somthing
that I feel with really push this series
oh,
and the teleporting
has be pimped out
you saw it in the last vid
is just....lol pimped out
you can teleport about 5 times
AND
use a finishing blow (like kicking them in the gut and rushing them into the ground like that)
and awsome stuff like that
I can't wait! >_<!

Offline Akeme

« Reply #156 on: November 01, 2007, 03:15:42 AM »

....Detail and stuff would end up in the graphics department you know.. :-w

Besides Atari won't make games for a console that's getting beated by the GBA and PS2 not to mention that if Sparking is selling good in these consoles ( it's gold on the Wii ) there's no need for going to the PS3, AND last but not least, if they stop making it for the PS2 and just for the Wii you'll see real Graphic improvement.
I doubt that, i think atari would make or will make an next-gen DBZ game for the ps3 or 360 besides the wii.
I also thinks with more power they can do more things besides graphics like more insane combos, teleports, specials, and such. I would go into more depth but i'm pretty tired right now so maybe later. ;)

Offline Esq.

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 07, 2013, 09:43:21 PM
    • Esq. - MySpace page
    • Email
« Reply #157 on: November 01, 2007, 01:15:34 PM »
I personally think they've done a great job of capturing alot of the feel of the Dragon Ball fighting universe. You can't look to this game and expect it to be as technical, as say, Tekken...the fighting in the anime is just not that deep. It's sparatic and fast-paced, not technical. DBZ/GT gets VERY over-the-top in battles, which is why so many people love it...it's not complex and it's exciting. They hit hard and fast, which is precisely what is done in the game. I DO, however, wish that alot of the moves where more individual based, but capturing certain stances, and techniques is just gonna have to suffice for now. I agree with Gigan, the roster is TOO large for that kind of transition to take place, (especially in the time span it took), the environments are HUGE for a fighting game, and then on top of ALL THAT, there are just too many different game modes available...memory only goes so far...and even if they do continue the franchise into the next generation consoles, the biggest upgrade is STILL going to be seen graphically. Completely exclusive movesets for over 150 characters in a PS2 game? :-?? Probably not gonna happen...
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 01:17:12 PM by Lord_of_Saiyans »

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #158 on: November 01, 2007, 04:50:34 PM »
seen graphically. Completely exclusive movesets for over 150 characters in a PS2 game?  Probably not gonna happen...

EXACTLY, as long as the Wii shares Sparking with the PS2 you won't see major stuff like what you seek, however if it was a Wii exclusive it is possibly for a major graphic upgrade seeing as the game doesn't push the console to its limits, barely halfway( come on, GameCube had REmake and If the Wii can do better than the Xbox being stronger than the Cube you can expect major awesomeness ).

So yeah the game being shared just dumbs up the Wii version, When it comes to cel-Shaded Graphics the best you can go is with the Wii, if you want realistic crap go with a 360.( DBZ is NOT realistic in any sense so Wii takes it. )

Offline Akeme

« Reply #159 on: November 01, 2007, 07:09:46 PM »
Hmm, i already understand that the exculusive move set can't be done with the ps2 but with ps3 yes they can. Also to let yall know it is possible for them t put individuals for each char, because even though the game says it has 150 chars that only because of transformation, because believe me i have the game on ps2 and i bet yall have the game to because if you guys go back and check the roster on the Tenkaichi 2 select screen you will see it actually less exculding transformation, plus i wasn't saying that the game so be technical like tekken but have more move sets like tekken has of fighting game while still keeping the concept of the game. Anyways trust me i have the tenkaichi series for so long that i know areas they can improve and what is possible on the game if they were making on the ps3. (Anyways i like this debate it really cool). ;)

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #160 on: November 02, 2007, 12:10:32 AM »
Hmm, i already understand that the exculusive move set can't be done with the ps2 but with ps3 yes they can. Also to let yall know it is possible for them t put individuals for each char, because even though the game says it has 150 chars that only because of transformation, because believe me i have the game on ps2 and i bet yall have the game to because if you guys go back and check the roster on the Tenkaichi 2 select screen you will see it actually less exculding transformation, plus i wasn't saying that the game so be technical like tekken but have more move sets like tekken has of fighting game while still keeping the concept of the game. Anyways trust me i have the tenkaichi series for so long that i know areas they can improve and what is possible on the game if they were making on the ps3. (Anyways i like this debate it really cool).

( Before I start, Yes I like civil Inteligent devates too! :) )

Anyway Yes it can be done better in the PS3, but seeing as the game is Cell Shaded and Cell Shaded is a method with limits( like sprites ) it can go just so far, and well a Power House like the PS3 isn't needed, As I said, the Wii would be good enough, besides, doing games for the PS3 is a very risky thing to do, since the console it's failing it means spending twice if the ammount of money spent on what they did in the Wii/PS2 games for 1 game that if it doesn't sell better than its production budget it will mean Fail and end of the Series.

If they go for the PS3 I recommend Some kind of Super Dragon Ball Z sequel.

Offline Akeme

« Reply #161 on: November 02, 2007, 12:25:50 AM »
That's true i understand about the sprite thing and all, but if they do just make another one for just for the wii in terms of next-gen then that means i will have to get a wii and get used to the wii controls even more, but i do hope they move tp ps3 an wii for next-gen wise. ;)

Offline dennis872005

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 08, 2010, 08:34:19 PM
    • Email
« Reply #162 on: November 02, 2007, 12:49:39 AM »
Hmm, i already understand that the exculusive move set can't be done with the ps2 but with ps3 yes they can. Also to let yall know it is possible for them t put individuals for each char, because even though the game says it has 150 chars that only because of transformation, because believe me i have the game on ps2 and i bet yall have the game to because if you guys go back and check the roster on the Tenkaichi 2 select screen you will see it actually less exculding transformation, plus i wasn't saying that the game so be technical like tekken but have more move sets like tekken has of fighting game while still keeping the concept of the game. Anyways trust me i have the tenkaichi series for so long that i know areas they can improve and what is possible on the game if they were making on the ps3. (Anyways i like this debate it really cool).

( Before I start, Yes I like civil Inteligent devates too! :) )

Anyway Yes it can be done better in the PS3, but seeing as the game is Cell Shaded and Cell Shaded is a method with limits( like sprites ) it can go just so far, and well a Power House like the PS3 isn't needed, As I said, the Wii would be good enough, besides, doing games for the PS3 is a very risky thing to do, since the console it's failing it means spending twice if the ammount of money spent on what they did in the Wii/PS2 games for 1 game that if it doesn't sell better than its production budget it will mean Fail and end of the Series.

If they go for the PS3 I recommend Some kind of Super Dragon Ball Z sequel.

if they can get the animation and smoothness of movements of naruto for the 360 combined with the open fighting arena's of dbz it would be great and i think it can be done. they just have to include alot less characters. but to me tenkiachi is just quantity over quality. who cares if you have a 300 chars when they all move the same.

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:August 21, 2016, 08:15:31 AM
  • Get the hell out of my way!
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #163 on: November 02, 2007, 05:53:52 AM »
I don't think it can be done with the set up as is. You could have 10 characters, but you would have to change the system drastically. How can you do a tekken or a street fighter like system with these characters? Unless you want to sacrifice free flight and large arenas, there is no way to do it. Naruto doesn't have a open flight system. In the end, all I could figure out what they could is have a kick and a punch button. Not many combinations you can do with two buttons because that is what happening now in Tenkaichi....well it is actually 3 buttons, but you don't use x button too much. Also you have to remember that some buttons double as something else depending on the enemies state. If they could put a somewhat indepth fighting system in Tenkaichi, they would have done it by now.

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #164 on: November 02, 2007, 02:10:08 PM »
That's true i understand about the sprite thing and all, but if they do just make another one for just for the wii in terms of next-gen then that means i will have to get a wii and get used to the wii controls even more, but i do hope they move tp ps3 an wii for next-gen wise.

Yeah, I'd rather keep the PS2 and Wii share the game, AND PS3 get it's own game NEXT-GEN game, Although I'm rather sure it may fail.

PS2 is too good to be beaten. :)

if they can get the animation and smoothness of movements of naruto for the 360 combined with the open fighting arena's of dbz it would be great and i think it can be done. they just have to include alot less characters. but to me tenkiachi is just quantity over quality. who cares if you have a 300 chars when they all move the same.

It can be done but as I said, PS3 should get it's own game, not Budokai, not Sparking, a New one.

Offline Akeme

« Reply #165 on: November 02, 2007, 02:38:27 PM »
I agree with Gigan X3, if they make one for ps3 it should be a whole new one unless they figure out somthing to keep the same system but somehow improve it. I believe it's possible on the ps3 to do what they did with naruto but it will take a whole new approach for it to work. ;)

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #166 on: November 02, 2007, 05:30:14 PM »
I agree with Gigan X3, if they make one for ps3 it should be a whole new one unless they figure out somthing to keep the same system but somehow improve it. I believe it's possible on the ps3 to do what they did with naruto but it will take a whole new approach for it to work.

Yeah, a PS3 DBZ game is an ambitious project. Sparking or Budokai would be waste in that Console, it needs to be a really Hard Core game in all terms, Gameplay, Graphics, etc.

PS3 needs help for Satan's sake...In America!

Offline Akeme

« Reply #167 on: November 02, 2007, 11:11:24 PM »
I agree with Gigan X3, if they make one for ps3 it should be a whole new one unless they figure out somthing to keep the same system but somehow improve it. I believe it's possible on the ps3 to do what they did with naruto but it will take a whole new approach for it to work.

Yeah, a PS3 DBZ game is an ambitious project. Sparking or Budokai would be waste in that Console, it needs to be a really Hard Core game in all terms, Gameplay, Graphics, etc.

PS3 needs help for Satan's sake...In America!

Yes it does seriously, thats why i am waiting till the good games come out, like tekken6,MGS4, killzone, etc.

Offline Negi Springfield

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:December 26, 2022, 03:12:38 PM
  • Got some change?!
    • Hokuto_no_Fan
« Reply #168 on: November 06, 2007, 05:29:29 PM »
not much longer till this game comes out in the USA...  ;)
think about it
in a few days you'll be able to have matches like this..
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/o-TqzNDtPrc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/o-TqzNDtPrc</a>
for those of you who dont know
that's a Replay Match
during a Replay Match
you can view a match recording you saved
but!..
you can also remove the life-bars
and change camera view between players
for more epic battles!

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:August 21, 2016, 08:15:31 AM
  • Get the hell out of my way!
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #169 on: November 06, 2007, 07:32:11 PM »
Negi, has there been any word if the Japanese music will be in as well?

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #170 on: November 06, 2007, 07:56:13 PM »
Negi, has there been any word if the Japanese music will be in as well?

Don't think so but At least there will be Japanese Language option, that's a Big Plus. :)

Offline dennis872005

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #171 on: November 06, 2007, 08:04:17 PM »
That's true i understand about the sprite thing and all, but if they do just make another one for just for the wii in terms of next-gen then that means i will have to get a wii and get used to the wii controls even more, but i do hope they move tp ps3 an wii for next-gen wise.

Yeah, I'd rather keep the PS2 and Wii share the game, AND PS3 get it's own game NEXT-GEN game, Although I'm rather sure it may fail.

PS2 is too good to be beaten. :)

It can be done but as I said, PS3 should get it's own game, not Budokai, not Sparking, a New one.

nah anything is better then tenkiachi

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #172 on: November 06, 2007, 08:11:19 PM »

We already know that you like Barbies more than Tenkaichi thank you very much! :)

Offline dennis872005

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #173 on: November 06, 2007, 08:16:50 PM »

We already know that you like Barbies more than Tenkaichi thank you very much! :)

yeah the barbie game has more fluid movement than tenkaichi.

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #174 on: November 06, 2007, 08:30:41 PM »
yeah the barbie game has more fluid movement than tenkaichi.

Yeah, Played that SNES game where you drive a car? It's a better Driving Simulator than Gran Turismo. :P

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Diek Stiekem
[June 25, 2024, 10:25:34 AM]

Golden Axe Returns by striderhiryu201
[June 23, 2024, 04:15:50 PM]

Virtual Bart Science Fair by Rage
[June 21, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

Turn Battle - Mega Man Robot Master Mayhem by O Ilusionista
[June 18, 2024, 10:11:08 AM]

Classic VS : Cheng / Athena by O Ilusionista
[June 18, 2024, 10:10:26 AM]

Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari Stage Pack by Vegaz by LightFlare
[June 17, 2024, 02:30:12 PM]

Street Fighter Spec Ops 2021 by O Ilusionista
[June 08, 2024, 01:36:06 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

* IMT Calendar

June 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29