collapse

Author Topic: Help with an original Char  (Read 442 times)

Offline LegendaryRiptor

• Last Login:January 13, 2019, 04:14:19 PM
  • I am The Lizard King, I can do anything! O.O
    • Email
Help with an original Char
« on: February 01, 2011, 06:07:05 PM »
Hello people of Mugen Infinity

I came back from a long time of being out, as some people can remember i was with an idea of a Predator MVC styled char, well, time has passed and finally i've got something to work with

But even so, i've got across with a few programing issues, if someone is hable to help me, here's the issue:

It's about programing that i whant to add to the char, Is it possible to modify the Status of movement in the char when it's against to a character in specific, like for example Kyo Kusanagi or Ken Masters (fire users), the question here is can my char at the moment of fighting to that particular char his move status can change to be more slow that normal? and if sow, how do i make it happen? what codes do i need and where are they programmed?

"How, how am I supposed to feel, When everything surrounding me, Is nothing but a fake disguise; I don't know, I don't know where I belong, It's time for me to carry on, I'll say goodbye
I can't stop the rain from fallin', I'm drownin in these tears I cry, Since you left without a warning, I face the dawn with sleepless eyes; No I can't go on, When clouds are pushin' down on me, boy I can't stop, I can't stop the rain, From fallin"
Cascada - "Can't Stop The Rain"

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
Re: Help with an original Char
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 06:17:26 PM »
Do you mean you want to make it so that whenever it fights against specific characters it will move more slowly?

Offline LegendaryRiptor

• Email
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 06:59:58 PM »
thats right, let say you got a Kyo Kusanagi, i whant that my char XXX moves slow against Kyo Kusanagi (to put some example)
"How, how am I supposed to feel, When everything surrounding me, Is nothing but a fake disguise; I don't know, I don't know where I belong, It's time for me to carry on, I'll say goodbye
I can't stop the rain from fallin', I'm drownin in these tears I cry, Since you left without a warning, I face the dawn with sleepless eyes; No I can't go on, When clouds are pushin' down on me, boy I can't stop, I can't stop the rain, From fallin"

Offline LegendaryRiptor

• Email
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 12:04:05 PM »
hi guys!

here's another question (se escribe en español tambien ^^)

I need to include sprites of another look on a same character, can it be done? how can i do it? 4 xample: of got a kyo with 94 style as base, but i wish to add a 02 look style at the same 94 outfit and with a push of a button you shift to 02

please help me since i'm just starting on mugen and wish to give a good char ^^

Thanks ^^

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 11:04:33 AM »
thats right, let say you got a Kyo Kusanagi, i whant that my char XXX moves slow against Kyo Kusanagi (to put some example)

There is no real way to make the opponent go slower but you can make the game feel like the character is going slower by setting up a "pause" sctrl that will make the game pause periodically (a few times seach second) to similate the slower motion. Your character would have to have pause move time set so that he doesn;t slow down as well. For more information look up the sctrl pause in the mugen documentation.

You can set this all to be activated according to who your opponent is. Just set your trigger to activate according to the opponents name ussing the "enemynear" trigger or "p2name" trigger.

of got a kyo with 94 style as base, but i wish to add a 02 look style at the same 94 outfit and with a push of a button you shift to 02

Just add both set of sprites to the SFF file (make sure they are all alligned), then program all the animations in the air file. Then in the code (CNS file) set up the animation for each move to switch based on what ever variable you set. Once you have all the animations set up go research variables, (varset, varadd, etc...).

Once you understand how to use variable then you can set it up throughout all your code so that when your var is 0 use one set of sprites and when var is 1 use the other set of sprites.

Offline LegendaryRiptor

• Email
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 11:30:48 AM »
Thank you very much mr Acey ^^
I'll study the variants and start updating the proyect ^^

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

thunderstrike eric masterson by wacky thaxie
[September 26, 2024, 06:09:19 PM]

Classic VS : Balrog by ELECTRO
[September 25, 2024, 11:44:58 PM]

Justice League Seattle Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 23, 2024, 12:14:06 PM]

Ancient Gears Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[September 20, 2024, 11:59:18 AM]

Justice League Metropolis Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 16, 2024, 11:57:49 AM]

Ultimate Mai Shiranui (FF2 & FF3) by nickfurry
[September 15, 2024, 02:27:53 AM]

Justice League Gotham Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 11, 2024, 09:41:42 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[September 07, 2024, 03:06:46 AM]

MatreroG's Stages W.I.P. Concepts by MatreroG
[September 06, 2024, 01:27:09 PM]

Justice League Flash Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 03, 2024, 10:30:40 AM]

* IMT Calendar

September 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 [28]