collapse

Author Topic: Anime Battle Royal - Project Lab.  (Read 47243 times)

Offline G.P.O.A - GatlingPunchRalf

• Idea and Advice
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 23, 2013, 07:31:01 AM
  • IMT's Unofficial Advisor and Brainstormer
Re: Anime Battle Royal Test sprites
« Reply #800 on: May 03, 2012, 10:32:09 AM »
I just wish I could DO CVS style...

Sprite Contest Organizer and Beloved Personality

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:September 02, 2024, 11:37:18 AM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #801 on: May 03, 2012, 10:49:50 AM »
I just wish I could DO CVS style...

/:O bro....you got Dan on your side man ! he is pretty cool with it and good too. ask him to teach you bro. you will be awesome with it .  i can do cvs but i don't use it as strict. just for certain things. i learned from Nestor and Li kun on it and bro Dan handed me a dang good tutorial on all kinds of conversions.  Came in real handy as well. Manic gives me awesome lessons as well on formations and great moral supportto get better.  I like the cvs style better than all the others so far. i hate doing snk tho.  makes me  ~X( . lol

thanx too Enso . yo actually your right on point too. i was trying at first to see how i could do a hi res lookin with it being big and justb resized it and fixed some pixels to form it better. much more to do bro. much. :thumbsup:
plus man frankenspriting is AWESOME! especially good for using parts to edit. Spidermew has a guide that really came in handy and was the first one i used when started out. if i didnt go over it , i would been totally stuck and glad i am getting a bit better everytime doing frankenspriting.

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #802 on: May 03, 2012, 11:22:10 AM »
Shadaloo Approved!!! :thumbsup: Really nice.

Offline Enso

• C.R.O.M. Dancer, Sprite Artist, Winner of Sprite of the Week Contest #71, and Winner of Round 6 and 15 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 03:41:40 AM
« Reply #803 on: May 03, 2012, 11:24:25 AM »
The worst part in doing CVS is the shading, which I totally suck in that all day. I always get lost with shading though. Hard to find places where to shade but I always know that the light source starts from above. F*** shading that kind. You do remember Taskmaster0's style of spriting, don't you?! Maybe he does some frankensprites like he did with Maya or Aya, Wesker (Bison and Johan shins), Super Skrull (Rugal body and Gill legs). His colors are way amazing. I suck in picking the right colors though. I use my own colors especially for color separating.

I always struggle in learning CVS style though.

Sig by TGM

(click to show/hide)

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #804 on: May 03, 2012, 11:45:33 AM »
yeah Taskmaster is indeed awesome especially with the way he redid some stuff on tsukuimi and his version of Maya and her sis. that made me look closer at scratch spriting and outlining as well looking at others here and diepod work at the guild for their art to sprite conversions.  light sourcing and transitional lines  are indeed the good keys in cvs spriting . there is more but i aint a teacher . I am still a student.
(click to show/hide)
My mom is in art school and as well college for anthropology. in her art book it tells that light sourcing doesnt always come from above. but as well where light is directed. but that differs in i figured in mugen making and the various styles . plus depending on the spriter/artist style.  :-??

but cvs i found for me to be the easiest to grasp( other than mvc)and hard to transition ( snk for me is the hardest ) certain characters to do because of the light sourcing. but its all fun cause if i can do it in my lil way then its all good. long as they look great and i do follow alot of the fundamentals in cvs shading but i dont apply them as strict cause some stuff i seen dont always look the way i want. especially in the details. but it can be done , i just have to be patient and get more skilled to do it even more strict when and if i go for it hardcore in just full cvs shade style. Its taken me a year and a lil half bro so trust me some get it faster and i still aint as good as i want to be.  :thumbsup:

as for the colors, follow some of the cvs characters colors. thats what i do. for reds i use terry and various others and skin tones i use my Hakufu and a few others like cvs joe for Jamin since Jamin is darker toned.like i am told bro by Nestor and Manic all the time, Practice, practice and more practice. :D :thumbsup:

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Manic

• Cossack's Creation
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 15, 2024, 09:22:40 PM
  • Poot dispenser here.
« Reply #806 on: May 05, 2012, 08:05:57 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Soon.. Soon.. Just don't rush it out of the way and blow it out of proportion. :D

Offline C.R.O.M. jodafro619

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 11, 2022, 11:46:48 AM
  • LEMME SHO' YA SOMETHIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #807 on: May 05, 2012, 10:42:21 PM »
so this is what lando and company been in the lab with since i've started playing toy cop!! GOOD STUFF my dudes!!    ::salute:: 

C.R.O.M. handling all the biters!!!

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #808 on: May 07, 2012, 07:04:45 PM »
Soon.. Soon.. Just don't rush it out of the way and blow it out of proportion. :D

awww cmon , you know me, i wouldnt blow it all out of porprtions like havin a whole Spriters Graduation thread made with dancing girls and drinks and .....hmmmm hold that idea a sec... >:D  I think once i nail down animations going for the characters i am doing then i get my degree...of sorts  :D. Patience is virtue. ^:)^ ^:)^

@ Jodafro, yeah buddy! I jusdt started tryin out some custom scratch stuff with some skills a bit and finally using this windows 7 paint a bit to see how to work it.  its not hard its just scrolling through the tools is a bit of a chore since my Vista had them all right there and managable. but i am gettin the hang of it. while working on several characters in sprite base i decided to take a stab again at Blackstar from Soul Eater from scratch as well . i got a base as well in mind to use for frankenspriting. will show when i get a chance from all these hours at work and a clean break and day off to finish luffy touchups, adam blades stance anjhimation and this Blackstar base sprite to edit. :thumbsup:

My growth and stride to improve is still ongoing so this project and any i do and work with the crew and others will be cool as i can get my work to be.  ::salute:: XD||

Offline I-Skorp-I

• Born Again Man Of Faith
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 22, 2022, 07:00:18 PM
  • Repent To Yahusha(Jesus), For He Is Your Savior
« Reply #809 on: May 07, 2012, 07:20:02 PM »
Look at my boy lando with the tight luffy sprite now thats the $hit im talkin bout we need some good one piece chars anyway
Sting Of The Scorpion

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #810 on: May 07, 2012, 07:39:39 PM »
Look at my boy lando with the tight luffy sprite now thats the $hit im talkin bout we need some good one piece chars anyway

:D thanx Skorp homie! i still got some fixing to do on him . fix his face, some shading in spots , his hat, a lil more work on his hair and i think his base will be final then.  i got most the details ecept for the wristlet he wears on his left hand ( his left) so imma add that in next time too.  his body sculture is fine as is. so i wont be changin that at all i dont think.  some stuff i am drawing by hand and will use bases for frankenspriting. I got mad animation work to do soon and i got maybe 4 more characters that i am gonna do to make a base sprite to work from and finish all the bells and whistles on the others like Kanu, Jamin, Rob Lucci ( both forms ) Witchblade, Ryofu and about 4 more.  #:-S

oh yeah bro Luffy will have a few hyper strikers as well from the anime along with him from his crew. i have been thinkin the last few days if just one person and the others be in his stage as Bg sprites or include them all in a all out  finisher move.  I think once i got creating down packed from start to finish and can do them easier and with good quality from sprites to coding, i will make seperately anime characters for public releases till i retire from mugen in this sprite way and if i learn HR then definetly do some in those. but thats alot of time. I got a few non anime characters i wanna do and finish myself but those are after both projects. #:-S  always learning something new so i am takin my time to get good.  ::salute::

Offline I-Skorp-I

• Born Again Man Of Faith
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 22, 2022, 07:00:18 PM
  • Repent To Yahusha(Jesus), For He Is Your Savior
« Reply #811 on: May 07, 2012, 08:09:46 PM »
:D thanx Skorp homie! i still got some fixing to do on him . fix his face, some shading in spots , his hat, a lil more work on his hair and i think his base will be final then.  i got most the details ecept for the wristlet he wears on his left hand ( his left) so imma add that in next time too.  his body sculture is fine as is. so i wont be changin that at all i dont think.  some stuff i am drawing by hand and will use bases for frankenspriting. I got mad animation work to do soon and i got maybe 4 more characters that i am gonna do to make a base sprite to work from and finish all the bells and whistles on the others like Kanu, Jamin, Rob Lucci ( both forms ) Witchblade, Ryofu and about 4 more.  #:-S

oh yeah bro Luffy will have a few hyper strikers as well from the anime along with him from his crew. i have been thinkin the last few days if just one person and the others be in his stage as Bg sprites or include them all in a all out  finisher move.  I think once i got creating down packed from start to finish and can do them easier and with good quality from sprites to coding, i will make seperately anime characters for public releases till i retire from mugen in this sprite way and if i learn HR then definetly do some in those. but thats alot of time. I got a few non anime characters i wanna do and finish myself but those are after both projects. #:-S  always learning something new so i am takin my time to get good.  ::salute::

right me and u both bruh i feel like crap when it comes to this Sauron w.i.p. i can't believe how much hell i am goin threw with just his palliate alone but thanks to my boy demonkai i kinda got the $hit poppin right now so ima handle his stance (AGAIN) right fast then ima get him animated and then worry bout coding...uh-oh lol
Sting Of The Scorpion

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #812 on: May 09, 2012, 03:24:44 PM »
right me and u both bruh i feel like crap when it comes to this Sauron w.i.p. i can't believe how much hell i am goin threw with just his palliate alone but thanks to my boy demonkai i kinda got the $hit poppin right now so ima handle his stance (AGAIN) right fast then ima get him animated and then worry bout coding...uh-oh lol

lol well def take yo time bruh. No need to rush through him cause you gonna always keep comin into walls wether spriting or coding....lawd coding.  @^@ You definetly in good hands with Kai bro, trust me. You want quality over speed and quantiy on Sauron. That sig animation looking hot so just keep it going bro.

I ran into a small wall myself. Well since i am hand drawing some characters and parts and stuff myself i ran into an issue with my blackstar i am doing. still grinding on luffy face still to get it right . but the wall i am running into is the resizing in paint. i always loose pixels in the lines and i hate rebuilding them back in place. Since i draw and then scan  in and then retrace my lines to then do all the shading and editing i find myself loosing some line fragments in pixels and have to keep on puttin them back in when i resize the scratch work.

i havent had to do much resizing in the past cause i worked with bases that had the right scales i needed to make characters base looks. So my question is in gimp or photoshop ( i dont have either anymore) if you resize your base outline ( or character to edit) will it lose pixel fragments ? if so then i will always have to rebuild . anyone got an answer for that? appreciate the info. [-O<

• Idea and Advice
  • Contributor
« Reply #813 on: May 09, 2012, 09:31:59 PM »
As much as I love Luffy, I would love to see what you could do with the 2 Year Timeskip Luffy. My god, he is a BEAST! @^@

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #814 on: May 09, 2012, 11:49:00 PM »
As much as I love Luffy, I would love to see what you could do with the 2 Year Timeskip Luffy. My god, he is a BEAST! @^@

you know what, i havent gotten into seeing that version of Luffy yet. i saw part of a movie with i think its that version. he had on a funny floral like shirt.  hmm lando must invesigate . but yeah the luffy i am doing is the cp9 episode version with him against Rob lucci, more determined and serious tone. lol

• Idea and Advice
  • Contributor
« Reply #815 on: May 10, 2012, 04:10:18 AM »
you know what, i havent gotten into seeing that version of Luffy yet. i saw part of a movie with i think its that version. he had on a funny floral like shirt.  hmm lando must invesigate . but yeah the luffy i am doing is the cp9 episode version with him against Rob lucci, more determined and serious tone. lol

That's just Strong World Luffy. 2 Year Timeskip Luffy 1 hits a Pacifista.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #816 on: May 10, 2012, 03:43:10 PM »
yeah your right. i actually looked it up yesterday after you posted and i responded. YOOOO that Luffy is insane man! he can put gear 2nd in just his arm alone with no effort! lawd man that is crazy! even the rest of the cast abilities are upped! wow inspires me to make one of those guys, mainly sanji ( really wanna make that guy) , later on since i will do mostly only anime characters as sepereate releases when i get creating downpacked.  good look out Ralph! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

here i made some fixes to the base sprite. i edited a bit his hair, fixed his hat and worked a lil on his face. might still need one final fix then will have finally finalized Luffy for the project.

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:August 21, 2024, 12:15:11 PM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
« Reply #817 on: May 10, 2012, 09:54:14 PM »
The face does not scream "Monkey D. Luffy".
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

• Idea and Advice
  • Contributor
« Reply #818 on: May 11, 2012, 01:21:04 AM »
The face does not scream "Monkey D. Luffy".
He's got a point. You need to shade the face a bit differently to follow CVS styling.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #819 on: May 11, 2012, 09:52:59 AM »

you guys did see i keep sayin i am gonna fix the face right? :D. so yeah i know he dont scream MD luffy in the face. not yet anyway lol >:D and i as well keep saying about the project it aint all full cvs style strictly. Its a cvs -ish style.  i leave room for creativity but do try to keep in play some of the light source shading and stylings of cvs.  :thumbsup:

Offline C.R.O.M. jodafro619

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 11, 2022, 11:46:48 AM
  • LEMME SHO' YA SOMETHIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #820 on: May 11, 2012, 07:29:42 PM »
do what you do man. it's all looking good!!

C.R.O.M. handling all the biters!!!

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:September 07, 2024, 07:23:21 PM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #821 on: May 11, 2012, 08:21:39 PM »

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #822 on: May 12, 2012, 01:34:53 AM »
lol thanx bro Jodafro and Big O homie!

i am still trying to get Luffy facial expression right. kinda hard with doing straight pixels for me so i will have to draw them someohow or find a characters who's face  i can manipulate really well. gonna take my time to get it right and if anyone has any good suggestions i will def take them cause i wanna make him just right and closer to his natural look as best i can. i am sure there are some good Luffy fans that wanna see him done justice and not the chibi kind.
i have a sheet of attacks to use for referencing so when i use dahlsim stretch moves i can really do a good spriting on them to fit his moves he does and as well i am hand drawing some with lines and just editing to create him like i done . hopefully this turns out to be a fun and awesome luffy.  have cool animation in mind as well. :thumbsup:

edit:  well i went back and still tryin to hook his facial expression up as much as i can anyway.  still gonna keep trying till i get it as close as i want and can. i wanna keep his face more on the serious side like when he fight Lucci in the anime .  i not trying to make a happy go lucky luffy face , just tryin to get a serious tone and mean a bit of business. savin ther goofy ones i can make for intros or and winposes.

here just a couple i came up with real quick. nothin fancy but still trying without drawing it by hand.

ehh just messing around and basing some stuff i seen from pics and dolls. i will get it soon. lol plus i did some better stuff on his hat. still gonna do some more tweaking. as always.  #:-S

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #823 on: May 17, 2012, 11:49:00 PM »
Hey Lando, I was scrolling through tSR and I found something that might help ya out

http://spriters-resource.com/other_systems/ikkitouseneloquentfist/sheet/47409

It's only the one char right now but the dude who ripped them said he'll get the other chars ripped soon

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #824 on: May 18, 2012, 01:05:06 AM »
Hey Lando, I was scrolling through tSR and I found something that might help ya out

http://spriters-resource.com/other_systems/ikkitouseneloquentfist/sheet/47409

It's only the one char right now but the dude who ripped them said he'll get the other chars ripped soon

DUUUUUUUUIDE FRIGGIN AWESOME MAN! these will come in major handy to make moves for my Hakufu! def will use this bro and hell yes i hope dude does rip the rest of them cause i can make dang good use of them too.  i dont know if Ryofu is on there but i know that version of Kanu and some others are. Thanx a billions bro on the lookout! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ::salute:: ^:)^ ^:)^

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Justice League Seattle Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 23, 2024, 12:14:06 PM]

Ancient Gears Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[September 20, 2024, 11:59:18 AM]

Classic VS : Balrog by ELECTRO
[September 17, 2024, 04:48:07 PM]

Justice League Metropolis Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 16, 2024, 11:57:49 AM]

Ultimate Mai Shiranui (FF2 & FF3) by nickfurry
[September 15, 2024, 02:27:53 AM]

thunderstrike eric masterson by Blagoy
[September 12, 2024, 02:41:33 PM]

Justice League Gotham Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 11, 2024, 09:41:42 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[September 07, 2024, 03:06:46 AM]

MatreroG's Stages W.I.P. Concepts by MatreroG
[September 06, 2024, 01:27:09 PM]

Justice League Flash Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 03, 2024, 10:30:40 AM]

* IMT Calendar

September 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28