collapse

Author Topic: Anime Battle Royal - Project Lab.  (Read 47229 times)

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:September 02, 2024, 11:37:18 AM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
Re: Anime Battle Royal Test sprites
« Reply #750 on: November 27, 2011, 10:08:25 AM »
To be honest with you, Lando. I wasn't talking about his face for shading, but it's his body of his T-shirt. That was my concern.

I guess AlanJoeStar gave you the idea of Kenichi's char base. I'm never a fan of that Kenichi show. What's the name of his Anime?

lol i knew what you were talking about Enso. lol what i did was im just edited his Jacket into a t shirt like he wears in the anime. it can use a few more touchups tho. not much.  yeah alanjoestar showed off his version on kenichi he did awhile back. We didnt have a base idea for him till he showed me him and so i dled the character shiki sprite pack and saw he would make an exellent fit, even if he was to keep the jacket. But like silva pointed out , dont want him to be a clone of shiki so changing his jacket to a shirt based from the anime and def tweaking his hair more and stance to give him a close enough rendition to Kenichi. All of shiki moves can be edited to fit Kenichi for some basics and hypers. others will need to frankensprite and editings.

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:September 07, 2024, 07:23:21 PM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #751 on: November 27, 2011, 11:24:45 AM »
For what I can see, your skills improved a lot. Congrats.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #752 on: November 27, 2011, 01:11:56 PM »
For what I can see, your skills improved a lot. Congrats.

thanx friend , i really appreciate that. trying harder and harder to improve a bit more.

actually i am also rolling through the website spritepacks to make a quick edit base for Apachai.

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #753 on: November 27, 2011, 06:22:07 PM »
thanx my friend , still doing editing on him so i can get a lil coding going sometime next month.  :thumbsup:

ok here i have Kenichi set up to work from in this Base i made a lil based on his regular stance. still might cvhange things up in it. i have some reworking in a few areas as well. especially i wanna get those arms just right and flesh out more some details. tryin to keep him from being too much shiki like with the suit . outfit based on him fighting against Odin.

This is Hot Lando. well done man. The others are flavaful also. You have truly come a long way and i cant say much more about the skills. You have gotten the spriting skills down packed way more. Keep it rockin. ABR is in great hands on the rise!
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #754 on: November 28, 2011, 12:11:31 AM »
thanx bro/teach Kai...da masta. lol  always trying to figure ways to not just make the sprites replicate close as can be to the anime characters but as well make them look cool.like i been told by Nestor, Manic , Li Kung ......Practice , practice and more practice. lol. wanna try to keep getting better and not worse. lol

well here is the test i did using Joe for Apachai base, well comparing to the artwork i have , joe size up top is kinda too small and Sagat top is quite more closer to his size but his arms are a bit much bigger than Apachai's. def some mean reworking to do to get him to look right but totally doable. plus i just cant use sagat head, joes is better plus his skin tone fits. so....gonna try to do what i can  but at least i have a base look to see where i need to make transitional improvements on sagat from joe's.

Offline Enso

• C.R.O.M. Dancer, Sprite Artist, Winner of Sprite of the Week Contest #71, and Winner of Round 6 and 15 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 03:41:40 AM
« Reply #755 on: November 28, 2011, 09:22:17 AM »
I don't know about that character but I can try to help making suggestion(s) on that guy, Apachai. Well, as you said here:
... others will need to frankensprite and editings.

So it's possible that you can frankensprite with Joe's head with a CVS Sagat. If you don't have CVS Sagat, I can send you one.

Oh! There's one edited character that has a Sagat base. The character is Anji. The person who did the editing on that guy is Tiger-Genocide. Maybe you can use it I guess. He's a Sagat base edit. But I think you might not like it though. Don't ask.

Sig by TGM

(click to show/hide)

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #756 on: November 28, 2011, 05:55:54 PM »
hey i actually had that character too enso. lol. but nahh i wouldnt do that, i got cvs 2 sagat ready and waiting. plus trying to see what sprites i would wanna use for his hyper striker move and base a lil off the anime show. Sagat is a cool base to use with a nicely done cvs joe edited head. parts of hair need to be lighter as well basing off first joe draft and actual pic.

Offline Enso

• C.R.O.M. Dancer, Sprite Artist, Winner of Sprite of the Week Contest #71, and Winner of Round 6 and 15 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #757 on: November 28, 2011, 06:24:50 PM »
Yeah. That's what I thought before I posted it but I forgot to mention editing Joe's hair. Plus you can try to use Guile's shirt as a guide (either SFA or CVS-converted) for Sagat's chest. Otherwise you could edit his chest into his shirt like what TG did. If that doesn't work, you can frankensprite by replacing Sagat's arms with one character's arm which matches Apachai's. I don't know which character can resemble it but there is a way you can do frankenspriting. You know that frankenspriting is not all about swapping different persons heads with another persons body. This is just basic. You can just "turn it all the way around." Sorry for acting condescending. I'm just helping you with ideas, bro. Sometimes I get no head and start talking nonsense (a little). :P

Sig by TGM

(click to show/hide)

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #758 on: November 30, 2011, 12:27:58 AM »
its aight bro. lol. i get what you saying indeed. there are many ways to go about making him . Frankenspriting i am familiar with by now. Spidermews guide from awhile back gave me alot to try and practice doing. I always choose first one base to actually get the idea to make the character , it gives me alot to practice with in editing/shading  to test how much further i can go and get better. Apachai isnt a full character so he would just need to have those sprites for his hyper striker moves only and maybe a couple intro or and win poses.  I might not even be the one to make him, so i am not going extremely deep just yet. i have alot more to do that comes first. getting a Kenichi was more a priority start to get a look for him that i think would be suitable. i like this look best

the other thing is i dont wanna have to use too many parts if i am gonna make him but def those guile (cvs) will be most handy if needed. I do like Sagat build better cause , he a huge dude compared to kenichi but still needs tweaking . So having guile, joe and even adon around for parts can be very useful. i was watching a few vids on the show like i was suggested , so i got a few ideas that could work when its his turn. :thumbsup:

Offline Antman537

• Last Login:May 28, 2013, 12:14:25 AM
    • Email
« Reply #759 on: December 02, 2011, 08:45:03 AM »
just popping in to say sorry for the semester-long awol; I'm hoping to get some more sprites done over winter break

anything I missed?

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #760 on: December 14, 2011, 01:33:47 PM »
whats good Antman, nahh ya aint missed anything bro. the project still rolls onward at the slow pace but surely.

well i went back and did some more editing on Witchblade and try to get her hair and eyes a bit better as well i put a whole new head on her cause the previous was really distored and messy. hopefully this one is a bit cleaner.

i still want tom do more detail on her eyes but if i cant get them to look exactly the way i want then imma have to improvise.  >:D

will be doing more terry editing and have some coding going on in his basics a special and hyper before  and after christmas. hope to post a lil vid on something with him soon  and stage with a display if possible of the screenpack depending how much has been programmed. :thumbsup:

Offline Antman537

• Last Login:May 28, 2013, 12:14:25 AM
    • Email
« Reply #761 on: December 23, 2011, 04:12:19 PM »
so, updates on the Vash efforts: I went through and cleaned out all of the crosses in the old frames, and I did a couple new frames in his kick animation. 8 frames of kicking to go!

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #762 on: March 14, 2012, 03:16:21 PM »
update:

well i told a  few people ( maybe even posted about in a thread somewhere) that i was gonna try something crazy. My pc got broken a month ago and i havent been up to par with spriting since and i been having work alot and now some medical issues that i need to address with maybe some surgury done. well the crazy thing i was gonna try was ...sprite on my small androind cellphone.  8-}:D yeah i thought that would be a retarded idea but then i found a paint program ap for my cellphone. so i bought a lil stick thingy and ported over a sprite i had started on pc but decided to redo alot of stuff over.  well...ummm errr.. this is the result of a few days jabbin at making this character for ABR in sprite look. Gonna need a pc tho to do some major workovers in alot of areas i wanna fix up. Please critique away. its a cellphone sprite edit tho. lol.
 :-SS ???
(click to show/hide)

hope its ok for now for a sample test sprite to roll with.

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 26, 2019, 11:39:32 PM
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Reply #763 on: March 14, 2012, 03:23:05 PM »
Looks good considering you did it on your cellphone. lol

"Are you a man who likes to beat their wife? Then head on over to Topeka Kansas, because it's now legal there." - Fox news

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #764 on: March 14, 2012, 05:36:38 PM »
 :o

I want phone paint...

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #765 on: March 14, 2012, 05:45:37 PM »
There's a Paint app? Wow.

Also that Ryofu sprite is nice, although I forgot what show she was from.

Offline Enso

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #766 on: March 14, 2012, 07:44:50 PM »
Also that Ryofu sprite is nice, although I forgot what show she was from.
Ikkitousen, I think.

Lando, that sprite is not bad. Looks like it's your first time to sprite on a cellphone. This is my first time to hear about a paint app in a cellphone. Couldn't believe it myself. Anyway, about the sprite, I would be honest in what I think about that, but I might critique. Her face looks like a man, but not with the hair falling out. But I can see you used Maki's face for that. Dunno if you could change the face to avoid from looking like Maki, and you would make her look original. I know you need some fixes like the skirt, the shoes, etc. Looks far from perfect though, but it's better than nothing. ;) Good job. :thumbsup:

Sig by TGM

(click to show/hide)

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #767 on: March 14, 2012, 09:50:10 PM »
Looks good considering you did it on your cellphone. lol

lol yeh that sh*t crazy right there
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #768 on: March 15, 2012, 12:22:57 PM »
i know crazy aint it?

well how i got the app is a biut weird cause i wasnt even lookin for it. i was lookin for something else and stumbled across it in the apps section in my phone. i thought this was a hoax or some corny thing. so i activated it to function and up came on my cell sideways was the basic paint app mi use on the PC! i was like WTF! so i dragged my finger arcoss it and ...yep a black line was made. i can zoom in to enlarge the picture too and you can see pixels but its super friggan hard man to make anything on it if you dont have a stylus and zoom in. so i wanted to see if i could import my sprites to it and i dl a png format base i had of her on deck to make and it worked! so i just started makin all the usual adjustments andf shadings and thats what i got. its not bad but its super hard to do cause i spent so much time staring at the screen squinting i thought i was gonna turn into popeye. lol.  i can even play animated ABR sprite gifs on it. lol. i gopt the Adam Blade one with the shining forehead gem on it. and wow , sprites look dang friggan awesome on it too! way better on the cellphone than the dang cpu!

there are several android paint apps around and some just unique to the kind of phone you have only , others are downloadable.  I think like Zebra Android paint app.

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:August 21, 2024, 12:15:11 PM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
« Reply #769 on: March 16, 2012, 02:21:34 PM »
You know what? You guys should ask for your own thread here. It never hurts ot ask.
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #770 on: March 16, 2012, 02:57:18 PM »
You know what? You guys should ask for your own thread here. It never hurts ot ask.

you mean like full on WIP thread? yeah we have that tho . thats for more full on work to show , this one is just to show test sprites, spriting discussion on the project ( even tho you have noticed we do go off quite bit and start clowning around, we just us thats all. lol) i deas and other early build stuff. yeah the other is for more finalized like stuff .  or do you mean a total IMT project thread of our own? whoa that would be ...heavy. @-)

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 09:17:55 AM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #771 on: March 16, 2012, 03:29:22 PM »
you mean like full on WIP thread? yeah we have that tho . thats for more full on work to show , this one is just to show test sprites, spriting discussion on the project ( even tho you have noticed we do go off quite bit and start clowning around, we just us thats all. lol) i deas and other early build stuff. yeah the other is for more finalized like stuff .  or do you mean a total IMT project thread of our own? whoa that would be ...heavy. @-)
It was a time when that was frowned on. (The offtopness) Yeah a lot of fun now days.......

Lando you Still working on that blade sprite in your sig area? I can't get enough of needless.

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #772 on: March 21, 2012, 01:01:17 PM »
It was a time when that was frowned on. (The offtopness) Yeah a lot of fun now days.......

Lando you Still working on that blade sprite in your sig area? I can't get enough of needless.
yeah i remember those days very well. lol. but ya know nowadays its not so bad to go off topic for some cool discussion and laughs. but still try to keep within the end goal . lol

Actually i havent gotten to do much on him but me and shadaloo are tasg teamin doing him. we have to come up with a good stance , tryin to base it off a stance he uses in the anime which is crazy cause he stands all kinds of crazy ways. lol. Needless is the definitive word of AWESOME! if you have any ideas my friend please , definetly share with us fellow Needless Fans. your a great animator and so i know you got plenty ideas. I have his movelist written out already. just need basic fighting stance anbd can go from there when i get back to helping sprite him up for a cool demo preview with some other characters. I will be back spriting soon as can be. If you got something ingenius in mind...do tell bro ! i wish i still had photoshop and gimp then i could have made a proper sig with it all together with what Overlordnick done which is cool as hellz!. o.O#

Plus...we need a ABR versus screen so Hloader can program it all in. Gonna have to ask around so he wont have to just wing it himself. wanna offer him all the stuff we can give as possible to finish it up to show off. i think its the last thing he needs. :thumbsup:

edit. well i went and tried to fix up ryofu a biot using this windows 7 editor. i am breaking her down in 2 parts. doing top half first and then rebooting the waist down , i need to get a skirt sorta close to how hers is and make it look right. scratch sprite the sucker or i will frankensprite it and still use same legs from base i used.  so here is the top half. sorry if it looks a lil choppy. i have some stuff to still smooth out . rolling through some adam blade vids to get a proper like stance but madgear bro thinks his hand in pocket might suit better cause he does that alot. lol

Ryofu torso editing so far with windows 7 paint. uuhg. lol

i miss my Vista Paint!  :'( :'(

oh and Rage or shadaloo, do you guys know where to find a pic of arclight in his Manga outfit style? i thought i read on the site yall said his outfit looks different then the anime? i must see this. @-)

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #773 on: March 21, 2012, 02:20:06 PM »
I can't get enough of needless.
It seems noone is safe from it's hook. lol

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #774 on: March 21, 2012, 02:29:40 PM »
It seems noone is safe from it's hook. lol

that is truly scary isnt it? everyone i done told about it and watched the entire series now reads the manga...but me.  :'( 
Needless is awesome! :w00t: ^:)^ , they really should continue the anime series. hell make a anime full movie!  @-)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Justice League Seattle Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 23, 2024, 12:14:06 PM]

Ancient Gears Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[September 20, 2024, 11:59:18 AM]

Classic VS : Balrog by ELECTRO
[September 17, 2024, 04:48:07 PM]

Justice League Metropolis Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 16, 2024, 11:57:49 AM]

Ultimate Mai Shiranui (FF2 & FF3) by nickfurry
[September 15, 2024, 02:27:53 AM]

thunderstrike eric masterson by Blagoy
[September 12, 2024, 02:41:33 PM]

Justice League Gotham Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 11, 2024, 09:41:42 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[September 07, 2024, 03:06:46 AM]

MatreroG's Stages W.I.P. Concepts by MatreroG
[September 06, 2024, 01:27:09 PM]

Justice League Flash Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 03, 2024, 10:30:40 AM]

* IMT Calendar

September 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28