collapse

Author Topic: Captain America: Super Soldier  (Read 1274 times)

Offline Vitamin

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 15, 2012, 05:46:34 PM
  • Shredder: Let my name be the last sound you hear!
Captain America: Super Soldier
« on: October 12, 2010, 06:10:05 PM »

Sega's last two attempts to make a Marvel super hero game were two mediocre "Iron Man" releases which failed to crack 50% on Metacritic. Clearly something wasn't working with the formula, so Sega's decided to try something new for 2011's "Captain America: Super Soldier." They've brought in a new developer, Next Level Games, whose previous successes include "Punch-out!!" for Wii and the "Mario Strikers" series. They've also decided to examine how other super hero video games have succeed and follow that formula as closely as possible. For example, the similarities between "Batman: Arkham Asylum" and "Captain America: Super Soldier" could fill a book.

Click the Spoiler for more information.

(click to show/hide)

It sounds like the person who reviewed this game is a Batman: AA fanboy, but I hope this game doesn't suck. I've been waiting to kick some nazi tail with Capt for the longest, and I hope Sega can do a decent job on this marvel game. Hopefully they took some pointers from Wolverine: Origins.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
Re: Captain America: Super Soldier
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 06:27:46 PM »
I was excited that it was Sega but the game looks like it's going to be somewhat boring, like Ironman 2.

Offline !

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 26, 2014, 03:36:01 PM
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 07:22:55 PM »
yes it does looks kind of dry...what it need is a little more combo action and violence but not to much combos that would make it a button mashing game

Offline Vitamin

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 11:33:36 PM »
Sorry, I forgot to post the Comic-con gameplay of this game

I didn't know it was still in its Alpha stage, and that it won't be released until July 2011. This might actually be a good game if it looks this good already, and they still have about 7 more months to finish it.

Offline C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 01, 2015, 10:02:57 PM
  • Proud Member of C.R.O.M. Visit My YouTube Channel
    • Visit My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 12:42:01 AM »
Thank you for the video, but Cap looks like a dweeb in 00:36. The mask looks plain awful on the character.  L-)

I hope he doesn't look like that in the movie... >:P

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 12:48:31 AM »
Well the Bat-Mask didn't look any better on Christan Bale

That's the main problem with realistic people with superhero garb. It's hard to pull off without looking stupid. Probably why the X-Men movies has the Ultimates costumes rather than their superior costumes

Cool video though

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 01:22:41 AM »

That's the main problem with realistic people with superhero garb. It's hard to pull off without looking stupid. Probably why the X-Men movies has the Ultimates costumes rather than their superior costumes

Cool video though

[-X Sorry, but I disagree HyperSonic92. The costume and mask will look great if it's done right. Christian Bale looked and sounded awful as Batman in both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight unlike the Joker, but Bat in the Sun made Batman look great in all their movies, especially in City of Scars with a budget of $25,000 versus Millions Hollywood spent.  :-??

^:)^ Bat in the Sun is a great example of movies made by fans for fun, unlike corporation executives that only care about profit and don't care to choose the right people to make them and please the fans that make them money in the first place... >:P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypSeavTve-s&feature=related#

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 06:13:52 AM »

Cool video though

Chris looked fine to me, my only problem in Dark Knight was you could barely see his Bat icon on the chest, you could see it fine in his Begins costume, but for me its only when they wear tights... like Adam Wests Batman just makes me laugh. Jumpsuits/muscle suits make more sense when its realistic. I mean I wouldn't be caught dead wearing blue underwear over yellow tights... I lol'd @ the joke in the X-Men movie that Cyclops made about the spandex.

As for this game, I'm not too hyped about it since its a movie based game by Sega, Sega used to do decent-good Marvel licensed based games back in the 90's with the X-Men Genesis games (although those were retarded difficult) I've played Iron-Man 1 which was horrible and I've played Incredible Hulk which was fun for a half hour. I'm a pretty big fan of Prince of Persia and I like the way Sega is handling the platforming in CA, Captain America The Game could very well be a modern day super hero PoP game, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2010, 09:14:21 AM »
Okay I do agree with you on this mano, that fan film is pretty awesome. And I also agree that if done right they can look good, but that's the problem. Most of the time they never do get it right. The only costume that looked good on a real person and still looked like the original (at least to me) was Spidey and Iron Man.

But I digress.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2010, 10:24:01 AM »
I think Bale was great, theres never been a Batman that was his calibur of actor, or took the part that serious. He's the only batman for me. I think City of Scars is great, but their Joker blows away Heath Ledgers ghetto Joker in terms of authenticity, but their Batman is nowhere near the talent that Bale is. He looks good though from a comics standpoint.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2010, 11:31:54 AM »
But back to topic, I wonder if they're using Chris Evans and Hugo Weaving sound a likes for the game or using different voice

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2010, 11:54:39 AM »
Okay I do agree with you on this mano, that fan film is pretty awesome. And I also agree that if done right they can look good, but that's the problem. Most of the time they never do get it right. The only costume that looked good on a real person and still looked like the original (at least to me) was Spidey and Iron Man.

But I digress.

@HyperSonic ~ I agree with you. They rarely do it right and the only good costumes have been Spiderman and Iron Man.

I think Bale was great, theres never been a Batman that was his calibur of actor, or took the part that serious. He's the only batman for me. I think City of Scars is great, but their Joker blows away Heath Ledgers ghetto Joker in terms of authenticity, but their Batman is nowhere near the talent that Bale is. He looks good though from a comics standpoint.

Sorry for getting off topic again, but I had to get my opinion in here...

I agree to disagree Alexiq. I think Christian Bale was an excellent Bruce Wayne, but an awful Batman. I hated his acting as Batman and specially his voice. Sorry, but it sounded too fake and forced, in my opinion. I prefer the acting and the voice of the Batman in City of Scars. That is the way I picture Batman every time I read a comic or play a video game. The voice sounds natural and the costume just looks right, again IMO.

Look at the pictures below. If I met Christian Bale’s Batman in a dark alley and heard him speak, I would be thinking what the heck is wrong with this armored dude that looks like a psycho nut-job with a weird voice, but that would be after laughing at his weird looking mask and forward looking pointy ears, which obviously would get my a@@ kicked. THIS IS THE SAME IMPRESSION I GET FROM THIS CAPTAIN AMERICA (To add to this topic.)  ;D

Now, if I met the City of Scars’ Batman and heard him speak, I would be worried from the beginning, not only about getting my a@@ kicked by a bada@@ looking dude that looks like a psycho with an attitude, but that I would wake up every night having nightmares of the beating. I mean look at him. He looks like the Batman from the game Arkham Asylum.

But, we all have our opinions. I just love what Bat in the Sun has done with the character and hope Hollywood pays attention not only for Batman, but for every superhero character. I even like their Joker better than the one in Dark Knight. Actually, I like their Joker better from their movie Patient J because of the nose and his voice. He truly sounded like a psycho… :-??

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2010, 12:03:59 PM »
He was a good Joker but voice wise I say that Mark Hamil can't be beat

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2010, 12:09:34 PM »
He was a good Joker but voice wise I say that Mark Hamil can't be beat

I agree with you Hyper, but watch Patient J and then tell me what you think.  :thumbsup:

Now, to get back on topic. I do like the fighting and the way the game looks so far. I just hope they add a good variety of enemies. Fighting dudes in Nazi uniforms can get old after a while.  (:|

Patient J Movie
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4095303199635469669#

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2010, 12:26:11 PM »
I agree on the variety thing. That was one of the many things that kept Arkham Asylum from greatness

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2010, 12:30:53 PM »

I think the Captain America movie will start in World War 2 fighting the Nazis, but the rest of the movie will be in present day with SHIELD, fighting Hydra. That would be awesome.  :o

I would love to fight Hydra in this game... :w00t:

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2010, 02:41:31 PM »
@HyperSonic ~ I agree with you. They rarely do it right and the only good costumes have been Spiderman and Iron Man.

Sorry for getting off topic again, but I had to get my opinion in here...

I agree to disagree Alexiq. I think Christian Bale was an excellent Bruce Wayne, but an awful Batman. I hated his acting as Batman and specially his voice. Sorry, but it sounded too fake and forced, in my opinion. I prefer the acting and the voice of the Batman in City of Scars. That is the way I picture Batman every time I read a comic or play a video game. The voice sounds natural and the costume just looks right, again IMO.

Look at the pictures below. If I met Christian Bale’s Batman in a dark alley and heard him speak, I would be thinking what the heck is wrong with this armored dude that looks like a psycho nut-job with a weird voice, but that would be after laughing at his weird looking mask and forward looking pointy ears, which obviously would get my a@@ kicked. THIS IS THE SAME IMPRESSION I GET FROM THIS CAPTAIN AMERICA (To add to this topic.)  ;D

Now, if I met the City of Scars’ Batman and heard him speak, I would be worried from the beginning, not only about getting my a@@ kicked by a bada@@ looking dude that looks like a psycho with an attitude, but that I would wake up every night having nightmares of the beating. I mean look at him. He looks like the Batman from the game Arkham Asylum.

But, we all have our opinions. I just love what Bat in the Sun has done with the character and hope Hollywood pays attention not only for Batman, but for every superhero character. I even like their Joker better than the one in Dark Knight. Actually, I like their Joker better from their movie Patient J because of the nose and his voice. He truly sounded like a psycho… :-??

Well as I said Bat in the Suns Batman looks great from a comics aspect. Bales Bat costume is as accurate as any other hero film excluding Spiderman. At least compared to X-Men, and their awful costumes. Plus Batman has worn a plain black costume similar to Bales in the comics. I would also add that the Arkham Asylum game borrowed heavilly from the bale armor, but went for the 60's style coloring that Batman wears at present.  

As far as the voice goes, Batman was said to have disguised his voice in several key stories in the comics. Thats why Bale insisted that he be allowed to be raspy. Fit's perfectly to me as a reader for over 32 years. Seems kinda riduculous that he would talk like Bruce Wayne.

I know everyone sees things differantly, and has differant taste. I just try to point out that theres a little more to it than what the casual fan might realize. The Dark Knight was one of the biggest films of all times because of it's ability to appeal to a huge, and varied crowd. Part of that is it taking elements from various ideas on the character. To me Bat in the Sun Batman comes off a little corny because the acting seems a little amatuer. Other than that I luv the film.

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2010, 03:35:01 PM »

:) I agree with everything you said. Although, I think that Bale should have done the Batman and Wayne voices similar to how Kevin Conroy does them in the Batman TAS. Check out 6:00 in the video below. When he is Bruce, he uses a more soft and friendlier voice, but when he is Batman, he uses a deeper threatening voice, which to me sounds natural, and not as raspy.  :-??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmA7KCUT0g0&feature=related#

Offline Vitamin

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2010, 03:34:36 AM »
:) I agree with everything you said. Although, I think that Bale should have done the Batman and Wayne voices similar to how Kevin Conroy does them in the Batman TAS. Check out 6:00 in the video below. When he is Bruce, he uses a more soft and friendlier voice, but when he is Batman, he uses a deeper threatening voice, which to me sounds natural, and not as raspy.  :-??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmA7KCUT0g0&feature=related#

I hated Bales rapsy voice in the movies. I also think he should have done exactly what Kevnin Conroy din in the animated series.

But in regards to the Capt game, it's still in its alpha stage, so of course it doesn't look as nice or as flashy yet. I hope they fix the lighting and Capt's facial features when he talks when they show the beta for this game. 

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2010, 07:21:03 AM »
i can agree with everyone in different ways. i actually liked Bale as batman , he pulled it off kinda cool, ( Batman is always gonna be Michael keaton to me ) plus i wouldnt think a real batman would use his real voice like in the cartoon anyway. like cmon, i know it is you bruce!
batman is supposed to scare ya, put fear in ya , even tho they all seem to think they can take him wether they are humans or power peeps.
i like all the cartoon versions but only a few stick out. every version his costume does change but then again bats got like a pile of different kinds of suits.
I cant call it on capt america yet, still too early to say wether its good or bad (like DMC and thor game) things could change and much we havent seen , yeah and it is still in a beta ish stage i figure. caps looks cool, few minor tweaks here and there but so far he looks like cap and seems to have some ok moves, just add in a few more or make the ones he got now much better than he is great. yeah plus the lighting could use a touch up unless they going for his first incarnation look. then it would rather fit . but all is good with both. Bats cool and cap needs a touchup :thumbsup:

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2010, 04:40:19 PM »

Meh, I liked Michael Keaton better. Chris' acting was way over the top with the throat cancer voice, enough for a million parodies to be born on youtube, at one point he was alone with somebody that knew his identity in his secret lair and he STILL used that voice. Keaton didn't have any of that over the top stuff, plus Keaton's Bruce/Batman was more secretive, with Chris' Bruce/Batman the character is more open to where it felt more like a diary of his life. I just want to see Batman kicking butt. All this Bruce filler is kind of uneeded, I mean I know they want to build up emotions for the characters, but they already achieved that with the first movie.

That's actually the same reason why I like Joker in Dark Knight more, you don't know him, where he came from or what he's thinking which makes him that much more unpredictable.

Keaton Batman vs Heath Joker would make one hell of a fight.

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2010, 07:34:40 PM »
Meh, I liked Michael Keaton better. Chris' acting was way over the top with the throat cancer voice, enough for a million parodies to be born on youtube, at one point he was alone with somebody that knew his identity in his secret lair and he STILL used that voice. Keaton didn't have any of that over the top stuff, plus Keaton's Bruce/Batman was more secretive, with Chris' Bruce/Batman the character is more open to where it felt more like a diary of his life. I just want to see Batman kicking butt. All this Bruce filler is kind of uneeded, I mean I know they want to build up emotions for the characters, but they already achieved that with the first movie.

That's actually the same reason why I like Joker in Dark Knight more, you don't know him, where he came from or what he's thinking which makes him that much more unpredictable.

Keaton Batman vs Heath Joker would make one hell of a fight.

I agree with all of this...  ^^(PM)^

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2010, 08:57:59 AM »
LOL Keaton?

Wow an absolutely horrid Batman.

Short, pudgy, and old with a hairpiece stapled on his head. No where near in the kinda shape to play Batman. There wasnt even one decent fight scene in either Burton film.

I'll never understand why people like that performance, as an avid reader of the comics, I'd take Adam West b4 Keaton. Burtons scripts were terrible too. The origins of Joker, Penguin, and Catwoman were awful if youve read the real origins by Miller/Moore, and others

Of course Bale used the voice with someone he knows. When he's Batman, he's Batman.

I guess as a Batman fan I like the Denny Oneil, Frank Miller depiction of the character, which is what both Bale, and Konroy try to portray. Keaton is 0% anything like that Batman, not sure where he derived his inspiration.

Also I get tired of everyone comparing things to the Animated series. It was a great run, but it's a cartoon, it's not always true to the character. While some elements were great the toon also fell short in a lot of areas.

Ledger and Keaton?

I'd tale Nicholson, and Bale, thats a fair trade by me lol

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2010, 09:22:44 AM »
Ya know Frank Miller didn't created the true origins to the characters. And while I love The Dark Knight Returns I hardly think Frank should be up there with the greatest Batman contributors

Unless you count that meme as a great contribution (ya'll know what I'm talking about)

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2010, 10:02:13 AM »
Ya know Frank Miller didn't created the true origins to the characters. And while I love The Dark Knight Returns I hardly think Frank should be up there with the greatest Batman contributors

Unless you count that meme as a great contribution (ya'll know what I'm talking about)

Well yeah, but Miller wrote the current 87-current origins of the character. Who wants the 1950-60's campy Batman stuff. The Burton stuff isn't accurate to any of that either? The modern Batman post 68 is the only one for me personally. I know Goyer/Nolan, Timm/Dini have publically stated Miller as one of biggest contributers to their visions.

DKR, Batman Year 1 are definitive in the modern origin of the character. I'd say Miller is one of the best without question. He and Denny Oneil were always tight which Oneil is certainly the definitive Batman writer of all time. They also worked closely on Daredevil which gave us most of the definitive characters of DD, Bullseye, and Electra.

I liked a lot of All Star Batman too. Most of the people I hear that hate that book are people who'd prefer Superfriends Batman to All Star. I cant diss the goddamn Batman, it was one of the most hysterical lines ever worded in a comic.

Just because Miller doesnt write long term story ars doesnt make him any less important. Miller wrote 4 issues of the 1st Wolverine Mini, and it's the single most important Wolverine story of all time because it made the character who he was. Prior to that wolverine was a bore with little backstory that leaped in the air with a claw slash once an issue. I'd say Miller made that character everything that he is as well.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 10:08:43 AM by ALEXZIQ »

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Diek Stiekem
[June 25, 2024, 10:25:34 AM]

Golden Axe Returns by striderhiryu201
[June 23, 2024, 04:15:50 PM]

Virtual Bart Science Fair by Rage
[June 21, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

Turn Battle - Mega Man Robot Master Mayhem by O Ilusionista
[June 18, 2024, 10:11:08 AM]

Classic VS : Cheng / Athena by O Ilusionista
[June 18, 2024, 10:10:26 AM]

Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari Stage Pack by Vegaz by LightFlare
[June 17, 2024, 02:30:12 PM]

Street Fighter Spec Ops 2021 by O Ilusionista
[June 08, 2024, 01:36:06 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

* IMT Calendar

June 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29