collapse

Author Topic: Low Lost Planet 2 sales cause Capcom to cut outlook  (Read 883 times)

Offline Demon King EX

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:August 21, 2016, 03:22:18 PM
  • 天狗 Heavenly Dog
Low Lost Planet 2 sales cause Capcom to cut outlook
« on: October 04, 2010, 11:31:52 PM »
Quote-From Gamespot

"Large shortfall" in sales of sci-fi shooter force Japanese publisher to slash six month profit forecast by 1.2 billion yen, a drop of 41.4%.

Compared to its well-reviewed elder sibling, Lost Planet 2 was a critical flop, averaging just 68 out of 100 on Metacritic and receiving just 5.5 out of 10 from GameSpot. Today, Capcom announced the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and (soon) PC game was also a commercial failure--so much so that the Japanese publisher is revising down its earnings for its entire fiscal year.

Lost Planet 2's slow sales left a bad taste in Capcom's mouth.
"Capcom has been unable to offset the large shortfall in sales relative to the plan for the flagship title Lost Planet 2 that was released overseas in the fiscal year's first quarter," the company said in a statement. Other reasons for the revision included the delay of Dead Rising 2 and the continuing weakness of the American dollar against the yen.

As a result, the company is lowering its earnings estimates for the six months ended September 30 by ¥4.8 billion ($57.4 million) to ¥40.5 billion ($484.6 million), a decrease of 10.6 percent. Profit projections were trimmed by ¥1.2 billion ($14.4 million) to ¥1.7 billion ($20.3 million), a 41.4 percent decrease to what it took in turning the same period in 2009.

For the full fiscal year, the Osaka, Japan-based company lopped off ¥4.0 billion ($47.9 million) from its revenue guidance, and is now predicting annual sales of ¥91.0 billion ($1.08 billion). Some ¥1.5 billion ($18.0 million) was shaved off the profit forecast, which now stands at ¥6.5 billion ($77.8 million).

Set 10 years after the original, Lost Planet 2 picks up in the wake of substantial terraforming on EDN III that replaced the frigid tundra with large swaths of lush forests. Its campaign follows the protagonist and three non-player characters through six chapters, each of which features multiple outcomes that hinge on the actions of players.

For more on the title, check out GameSpot's review of the original Lost Planet 2.

Honestly i dont see anything wrong with this game its hella fun just killing huge monsters man
just lacks on what capcom promised more customize in the game for your char capcom needs to step it up
if they dont want this to happend again they make some good games but this game could be better wayyyyy bet then a gamespot

The Good

Fantastic production values   Loads of gameplay variety   A ton of online content   Competitive play can be good fun.

The Bad

Abysmal friendly and enemy AI   Awful mission design   Relies too much on taking control away from the player   All sorts of small, deadly flaws.

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
Re: Low Lost Planet 2 sales cause Capcom to cut outlook
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 12:26:16 AM »
I loved it, it was better then RE5 in my book, I did have some minor gripes with the game though, however the positives to me outweighed the negatives.

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 12:37:03 AM »
I loved it, it was better then RE5 in my book, I did have some minor gripes with the game though, however the positives to me outweighed the negatives.

and ya know what VK? i believe you and i didnt even play Lost Planet 2 yet. I played the demo. But RE5?? o.O# It was an annoying experience. I have the game cuz im a RE fan but having shiva with you was a pain. total waste man..dunno how many times she moved in my way to get shot or got directly behind me to shoot lol. Hot "Looking" game but wow *Iceman ThumbsDown!*

so im not surprised by that comment.

but i did hear a lot of heavy mixed reviews man...
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Vitamin

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 15, 2012, 05:46:34 PM
  • Shredder: Let my name be the last sound you hear!
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 01:15:32 PM »
There was no PC version so I didn't buy it. Atleast marvel vs Capcom 3 will make up for their game.

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:September 02, 2024, 11:37:18 AM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 04:51:37 PM »
WOW it did that bad? this game is in my Must Buy list. well i do wanna still get it especially since i really liked the first game. Hopefully i can find a copy at eb games or gamestop here near me. it will probably be in the bargin bins sections thats if the stores just got rid of em all.  [-O< they did not and hoping its gonna be worth it.
yeah i think too that MVC 3 and street fighter vs tekken as well as Asura's wrath  ( no too sure about new DMC but i think it will do well too)will make up for this game if it is kinda crappy  anyway.

Offline The Anvil

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:September 23, 2015, 08:40:42 AM
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 05:07:20 PM »
When i heard that Frank was in it, i thought i'd give it a try, but when i tried it, i was shocked at how bad it was. I'm glad i didn't buy it, i'm really not surprised it's flopped. But it isn't really good, it cuts the likelyhood of a new darkstalkers game :(.

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 27, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
  • Some mothaf***as always Tryna iceskate uphill
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 05:09:10 PM »
no too sure about new DMC but i think it will do well too

PLEEEEEEAAAAASE

Do not put so much fail in your statements ever again you know better than that.
(click to show/hide)

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 05:30:47 PM »
I actually like LP 2. (and REALLY liked RE5, so using Wesker in it was awesome)

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:September 02, 2024, 11:37:18 AM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2010, 07:22:26 PM »
PLEEEEEEAAAAASE

Do not put so much fail in your statements ever again you know better than that.
:DxDie :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie i will try not too . lol. but hey just trying to keep the hope alive. :D

Offline vyn

• Contributor
  • Last Login:September 02, 2024, 02:31:22 AM
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2010, 09:10:34 PM »
agh god damn it whats with the gamer community nowadays, lp2 is an awesome game, frikin cod fanboys.

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2010, 12:11:06 AM »
agh god damn it whats with the gamer community nowadays, lp2 is an awesome game, frikin cod fanboys.

Well see the problem is not the community its the reviewers

They were getting bashed the past year or two for giving every game an 8 or so and giving  COD/Halos tens. now anything not Cod/Halo (or whatever else GI, IGN, GS knows will sell that month) can hope for an 7.5 at best. Still giving titles with high pre-order numbers 10's. You can believe that they don't get paid off if you want to but then again you can also believe in the Easter bunny.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2010, 12:48:05 AM »
Well the problem with Resident Evil 5 is that its more of a sequel to Smash TV then Resident Evil. RE is always about making you singled out and shoved into claustrophobic areas and having these zombified people, insects and animals. RE5's monsters looked like something out of a Godzilla movie rather then a Resident Evil game. Then the tagline for RE5 was "Fear you can't forget", that's just retarded. Nothing in the game was remotely scary. The only thing that ever had me on edge was the part where you're in the pond with the alligators and that's only because Sheva is too stupid to notice them and they're too stupid to notice her and that game got an 8/10?... Reviewers these days are really questionable.

Lost Planet 2 on the other hand is what it is, its not an action game selling itself off as a horror game. You run around, shoot monsters and people. Its pretty much the same stuff as the first Lost Planet but with more content added in. My only 2 gripes with the game were the idiotic checkpoint button mash system and the friend ai are retarded. Some of them just stand around in front of enemies not doing anything at times. I wish they had some type of command menu to tell them what to do in order to make them useful.

and then GameInformers review flamed the new AvP for Predators being able to go invisible and Aliens being able to crawl walls... That had to be one of the most retarded things I read in a review. Of course they can do that, they do it in the game because they do it in the movie.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2010, 01:08:52 AM »

and then GameInformers review flamed the new AvP for Predators being able to go invisible and Aliens being able to crawl walls... That had to be one of the most retarded things I read in a review. Of course they can do that, they do it in the game because they do it in the movie.

what?....are you serious?...they actually stated that dumb sh*t?...smh

i just played that game (The story mode) for the first time last month and it was actually pretty F*ckin cool.

and i agree with you on how you broke Down RE 5. thats how i felt

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Vitamin

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 15, 2012, 05:46:34 PM
  • Shredder: Let my name be the last sound you hear!
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2010, 01:11:50 AM »
Well the problem with Resident Evil 5 is that its more of a sequel to Smash TV then Resident Evil. RE is always about making you singled out and shoved into claustrophobic areas and having these zombified people, insects and animals. RE5's monsters looked like something out of a Godzilla movie rather then a Resident Evil game. Then the tagline for RE5 was "Fear you can't forget", that's just retarded. Nothing in the game was remotely scary. The only thing that ever had me on edge was the part where you're in the pond with the alligators and that's only because Sheva is too stupid to notice them and they're too stupid to notice her and that game got an 8/10?... Reviewers these days are really questionable.

Lost Planet 2 on the other hand is what it is, its not an action game selling itself off as a horror game. You run around, shoot monsters and people. Its pretty much the same stuff as the first Lost Planet but with more content added in. My only 2 gripes with the game were the idiotic checkpoint button mash system and the friend ai are retarded. Some of them just stand around in front of enemies not doing anything at times. I wish they had some type of command menu to tell them what to do in order to make them useful.

I whole-heartly agree. Reviewers nowadays are weird. Every game that isn't Halo, COD, or Batman will receive high praise while it's still be developed, but once it's actually out the reviewers will tear it apart saying how awful it is. Just like Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions. IGN said the New spiderman game looked and played great before it was released, and did a full 360 on it and bashed it for not being Batman: Arkam Asylum.

1. In my opinion, the first Lost planet was decent and the only thing I liked in it was the grappling hook (but I can play bionic commando for that). The story was awful and very predicable, and I was hoping Lost Planet 2 would fix on that, but there was no PC release...so I was SOL. The PC market is really a videogame cash cow, but most publishers fear pirating, forgetting the fact that people can pirate on consoles as well.

2. This game did not receive as much advertising and hype as other games such as Halo Reach. There is not a single day I don't see a advertisment of Halo:Reach.

3. maybe this is me only, but they killed off a couple of interesting characters in the first game. I actually like the characters that got killed off more than the main character, like Basil.

Offline Slivern

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:April 28, 2024, 05:51:39 PM
  • WE ARE NESTS: THE NEW WORLD ORDER
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2010, 02:03:41 AM »
PLEEEEEEAAAAASE

So even If Dante's hair is beginning to turn white throughout you still hate the reboot?

Oh and dudes. I have Lost Planet. Neat game. My dad was going to get LP2 but I told him it was getting bad reviews.

I Wish I was wrong.

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2010, 08:16:57 AM »
So even If Dante's hair is beginning to turn white throughout you still hate the reboot?

Yes I hate it, I hate it, I hate it. I hate it like the time I missed homecoming because my room flooded hate it. I hate it worse than any break up Ive had with my girlfriend's hate it. I d go to far as to say I almost even hate it as much as when My cereal gets soggy. No matter what BS NT tries to shove down my throat those 3 mins in that trailer was like watching the world burn.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Random Regular

• heyyeyaaeyaaaeyaeyaa
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 09, 2018, 05:54:53 AM
  • ??!!!
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2010, 11:56:17 AM »
Lost Planet 2 was all right.
Since the patch, the game got really fair and a lot of things have been fixed.
Gonna do some co-op with vyn soon :D

Butif you wanna buy this game for the achievements/trophies....You better buy something else :P

Offline vyn

• Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2010, 11:07:04 PM »
People actually care what reviewers say??? i always read a few fan made reviews in gamefaqs as part of my game researtch but only for the objective portions of them where gameplay or story is discussed, who gives a crap what they think!! community making retarded decisions is kinda understandable but following someone elses retarded decision...

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2010, 11:37:33 AM »
People actually care what reviewers say??? i always read a few fan made reviews in gamefaqs as part of my game researtch but only for the objective portions of them where gameplay or story is discussed, who gives a crap what they think!! community making retarded decisions is kinda understandable but following someone elses retarded decision...

yeh i dont listen to that i like to see for my self. thats another reason why EGM went under at some point cuz they were bashin games way before release. got out of hand

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Megabyte

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 25, 2018, 05:26:14 AM
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2010, 04:54:41 PM »
Guys, just do like I do...I got a Gamefly account JUST for this reason. Rent the games you're not sure about and make your own decision based on actually PLAYING the game. I, just like all of you, got TIRED of the damn critics reviews (see: movie critics, music critics, anime critics, etc.) UGH! I still think that XPLAY is one of the worst...they don't even take into account that there MAY BE fans of the games they review...basically they put out their reviews as though EVERYONE that may or may not play them are completely new to that game and or franchise. Totally retarted if you ask me. :-@

Offline vyn

• Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2010, 05:06:16 PM »
renting is sadly not always an option for me but 1 hour research with just youtube and gamefaqs has given me damn good results. Days where magazines where all gamers had was surely a rough time (i just called you guys old, thats right lol).

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Ancient Gears Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[September 20, 2024, 11:59:18 AM]

Classic VS : Balrog by ELECTRO
[September 17, 2024, 04:48:07 PM]

Justice League Metropolis Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 16, 2024, 11:57:49 AM]

Ultimate Mai Shiranui (FF2 & FF3) by nickfurry
[September 15, 2024, 02:27:53 AM]

thunderstrike eric masterson by Blagoy
[September 12, 2024, 02:41:33 PM]

Justice League Gotham Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 11, 2024, 09:41:42 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[September 07, 2024, 03:06:46 AM]

MatreroG's Stages W.I.P. Concepts by MatreroG
[September 06, 2024, 01:27:09 PM]

Justice League Flash Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 03, 2024, 10:30:40 AM]

Raid's here! Raid kills fighters dead in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[August 31, 2024, 02:44:15 PM]

* IMT Calendar

September 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14