collapse

Author Topic: What Happened!!  (Read 382 times)

Offline Scar

• Dragonslayer
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:July 29, 2016, 10:49:53 AM
  • Cobra Mugen Team
What Happened!!
« on: August 04, 2010, 07:40:33 PM »

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
"Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

What happened to America, the land that everybody used to love..

Lately its been the land of greed, corruption and Racism!!

All of a sudden we are no longer free and wait for our government to screw its people once again.

Its time for change, I see so many homeless, hungry, women and children in need of medical assistance and all we can do is complain and moan about who is a citizen or what color our skin is.

I never felt so ashamed at myself and America like I do now.

!!Unite, Mobilize, Destroy!!

Offline Goenitz

• Infinity Messiah &
  • Infinity Original
  • Last Login:August 31, 2024, 04:59:50 PM
  • Truth can only be found in the depths of darkness.
    • R8derboy
    • infinitymugenteam
    • Email
Re: What Happened!!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 08:00:13 PM »
Welcome to the new and improved America Scaro. Mexico being so corrupted and all is starting to look like paradise.
PSN: R8derboy

Offline nick09

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 21, 2011, 10:16:38 PM
    • Nick09's creations
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 08:02:45 PM »
It's because America has turned from "Let's fix this together" to "I want this and you can't change what I want!!!". That is my current opinion and honestly something will need to break for anyone to change their ways.

Offline Carlos Winters

• Super Villain
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:September 28, 2010, 01:46:56 PM
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 08:04:42 PM »
Politics are far from Patriots, friend.

Offline Vitamin

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 15, 2012, 05:46:34 PM
  • Shredder: Let my name be the last sound you hear!
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 03:33:11 AM »
I'm quite interested to know what prompted to you to make this thread. I'm just dying to hear the "story behind the story."

I'm not going to say how bad America is right now, but I will say that things seem a bit more grim than they were in the past. It seems to me that there is a substantial epidemic occuring here in the US, and that there is increasingly more poorer individuals. And it still amazes me that there is over 7-Million "Millionares" in the US, while everyone is in the shrinking middle class or borderline poor. Then there's the issue with racism, discrimination, political corruption, and etc. I would actually like to hear the opinions of people who don't live in the US of what they think of America. 

Offline Yun0

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 04, 2020, 09:50:43 PM
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 04:02:38 AM »
ok, here's Yuno
first of all, im mexican... not so proud, nothing ashamed
you know, there are a lot of things that all the people say about mexico... insecure, corrupted, drug dealing place, etc...
the way i see mexico is just another way: insecure? maybe, i hear a lot of "they robbed", "they kidnapped", "they killed" but i think they exagerate... not saying that kind of stuff doesn't happen...
corrupted... god, in an american way to say it, the politicians here in mexico love to steal like mexican likes tacos... lol
drugs? raise your hand if there's someone who doesn't try any drug...
the problem in mexico are the people, they don't have a civic culture, the people don't care about anything
the other day i got into a fight with a "friend" that is planning to close the international airport, here in mexico city, because of things that happened in sonora... it's like there's a trubble in new york and the people want to fight the trubble in LA... and they dont care if there are children scared, or if someone plan a vacation, or maybe i need to be operated in boston, or anything.. like i said, the people here in mexico simply don't give a crap about the other people...
that's why i like america. every year i go to america and i see a lot of things that i like... there are a lot of people who cares about other people they dont know... its like if i am (here in mexico) waiting in a bus stop, no one says anything, but in america the people chat with you...
about racism... no one never have disrespected me, i'm not blond and also i'm not tall, but i can see from outside a lot of things that the kkk or the supremacist are doing... thats just a shame, but here in mexico you see something worst... you see a racism of mexican against mexican...
i can see the problem is that the goverment is not planning anything straight and just letting every state make the things the way they want and theres no unity between them...
america it's a nice place, keep the good way!!

@Scar... i always though you were mexican, bud

Offline Scar

• Dragonslayer
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:July 29, 2016, 10:49:53 AM
  • Cobra Mugen Team
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 05:04:09 AM »
I have dual citizenship, Mexican because of my parents and basically my entire family..

American because I was born here in Texas, im very proud of being both but sometimes its the crap that people do on both sides is what pisses me off.

As to the question about why I posted, well I was watching a vid about gaming in the clinton years which was funny but later after that I saw a news report about immigration and sending mexicans home blah blah blah..

I started to think back when Clinton was president all the way back to where we are now.

In the Clinton years it wasnt that bad, you had your arguments and racism and all the corruption of today. Yet down the line somewhere we (America) hit bump in the road and its has been going down hill ever since.

Its like everything has become about money, about how we can squeeze another dollar from middle class and poor people.

Why do congressmen complain and argue about pointless crap when we should be thinking of ways to provide cheap energy, provide better health care, provide better schools,  provide food and shelter to every American.

When is the last time you've gone to a store and bought something made in America, everything is outsourced to make more profit for the company.

Hell even to call and complain to customer service you end up talking to someone else from another country like India or El Salvador.

I mean, its pathetic how we never seem to get on the ball and change for the better.
!!Unite, Mobilize, Destroy!!

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 26, 2019, 11:39:32 PM
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010, 05:20:20 AM »

Why do congressmen complain and argue about pointless crap when we should be thinking of ways to provide cheap energy, provide better health care, provide better schools,  provide food and shelter to every American.

Man your congress couldent even pass a bill for free health coverage for the emergancy workers at 9/11, because the Republicans where worried that because of illigal immigrants who also happend to be emergancy workers, and helped on that day. Now personally afterhearing about this, I am doubtfull congress could do anything right.
(also I say your congress because I'm Canadian)

"Are you a man who likes to beat their wife? Then head on over to Topeka Kansas, because it's now legal there." - Fox news

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

thunderstrike eric masterson by wacky thaxie
[September 26, 2024, 06:09:19 PM]

Classic VS : Balrog by ELECTRO
[September 25, 2024, 11:44:58 PM]

Justice League Seattle Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 23, 2024, 12:14:06 PM]

Ancient Gears Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[September 20, 2024, 11:59:18 AM]

Justice League Metropolis Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 16, 2024, 11:57:49 AM]

Ultimate Mai Shiranui (FF2 & FF3) by nickfurry
[September 15, 2024, 02:27:53 AM]

Justice League Gotham Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 11, 2024, 09:41:42 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[September 07, 2024, 03:06:46 AM]

MatreroG's Stages W.I.P. Concepts by MatreroG
[September 06, 2024, 01:27:09 PM]

Justice League Flash Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 03, 2024, 10:30:40 AM]

* IMT Calendar

September 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28