collapse

Author Topic: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3  (Read 192922 times)

Offline ShredMetalBlues

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 05, 2011, 12:40:25 AM
  • Heavy F***in' Metal.
Re: *Official Marvel vs Capcom 3 thread*
« Reply #2000 on: November 15, 2010, 04:09:51 PM »
If that "fake" list keeps delivering then I'm sure you don't have to worry about Storm getting the cut

Yeah that fake list called Zero and She-Hulk, didn't it? I guess those weren't wild guesses though. Zero and She-Hulk are kinda popular.

Offline Nestor

• Global Moderator
  • Last Login:January 25, 2023, 11:03:24 PM
« Reply #2001 on: November 15, 2010, 04:10:38 PM »
On the same note was that car her ultimate? How would that tie into a three way hyper if it wasnt?
Yes, LVL3 hyper. And looks like you'll have to be close to the opponent for it to work, maybe the range of a throw.

Offline Vitamin

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 15, 2012, 05:46:34 PM
  • Shredder: Let my name be the last sound you hear!
« Reply #2002 on: November 15, 2010, 04:29:13 PM »
I personally like how she hulk fights in this game. She looks like she can kick more @ss than the rest of the female characters and even hulk for that matter.

And I'm also loving the addition of zero to the game (I was hoping for X, but oh well). I hope IronMan and Zero having a unique intro conversation with each other.

Offline Invader Dooms

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 08, 2012, 02:45:28 PM
  • The name I am known by is BATMAN.
« Reply #2003 on: November 15, 2010, 04:41:57 PM »
Don't fret, Vitamin. We may see the Maverick Hunter make his appearance yet. Ya never know who will make his appearance in this game. Capcom likes throwing curveballs at us.

Although I'm wondering who will be revealed next month, I can't wait for more info on how Zero and Shulk play by Seth Kilian. He does a video showing off all their techniques and how they play somewhere. Not a hundred percent sure where. Probably gamespot.
Team Dooms: Tetsu, Sonic, Cutman, Elecman, and Metalman!

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:September 30, 2024, 03:40:53 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #2004 on: November 15, 2010, 04:42:09 PM »

And I'm also loving the addition of zero to the game (I was hoping for X, but oh well). I hope IronMan and Zero having a unique intro conversation with each other.

Y would would they?

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #2005 on: November 15, 2010, 05:11:07 PM »
Yeah that fake list called Zero and She-Hulk, didn't it? I guess those weren't wild guesses though. Zero and She-Hulk are kinda popular.
Let's not forget the leaked photo with Haggar

Offline Tazzer

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 15, 2018, 06:39:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #2006 on: November 15, 2010, 05:20:49 PM »
Well, I think I'm officially swayed to the believer's side.  I'm interested to see Shuma in action in the new style graphics.  Spider-Woman too.  I'm actually happy about her inclusion seeing as she's never been in a fighting game before.  Yes, I know she's not officially confirmed... but I believe the list now.  So until it's disproved, I consider that to be the roster. 

Offline Vitamin

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 15, 2012, 05:46:34 PM
  • Shredder: Let my name be the last sound you hear!
« Reply #2007 on: November 15, 2010, 05:33:13 PM »
Y would would they?

Ironman has a unique dialog with Spencer, where he is cracking a joke about his bionic arm. I figured Ironman would also question or make fun of zero in a relatively similiar matter.

Offline ShredMetalBlues

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 05, 2011, 12:40:25 AM
  • Heavy F***in' Metal.
« Reply #2008 on: November 15, 2010, 06:00:52 PM »
Let's not forget the leaked photo with Haggar

Still waiting for some gameply on him too.  :-w

So, I'm geeked enough on this game that I've looked up demos and playthroughs of pretty much every character announced. I'm already starting to piece together a team even though the release date is so far off. I'm feeling;

-Wesker
-Captain America/X-23, although I'm so stoked for the new characters and X's rushdown abilities, I'm feeling X-23 more so,
-MODOK/Dormammu/Arthur/Viewtiful Joe, all depending on how they mesh with my rushdown guys. I'm very much into rushdowns and offense, so how everyone else plays with Wesker/X-23 or Wesker/CapAmerica is gonna be my deciding factor. Having 3 rushdown characters doesn't seem reliable, seeing how wildly varied the cast already is.

Wesker is one of my all time favorite video game characters, so I'll probably be rocking him no matter what, unless he's so stupidly nerfed that he's unplayable (Remember SFA3 Gen compared to SF4 Gen? Unplayable in my book.). Also if Bison gets confirmed, there's about a 75% chance of me using him, so my team could be Wesker/Bison/Whoever.

Anybody else got teams in mind?

TomBewley

« Reply #2009 on: November 15, 2010, 06:28:48 PM »
after seeing She-Hulk, I can no longer say that M.O.D.O.K. and Arthur are wastes of space. its officially her.

and I bring up this question: You take out Rogue, Psylocke, Cammy, Guile, Charlie, Cable, Ken, and Storm and put in She-Hulk, X-23, and Amaterasu? what sense does that make?

You name 4 Street Fighter characters who are not in and mention that Arthur and Amaterasu are a waste of space? Ken is essentially the same as Ryu in MvC terms. Arthur and Amaterasu are characters that represent new series and are fan favourites. We don't need loads of Street Fighter characters.

And how do you know Psylocke/Cable/Rogue/Storm are not in? Rogue nowadays is very different to how she was back when MvC2 was around and Marvel want the up to date versions of characters. As for no Cable, well his moveset is arguably similar to Chris's. Same can be said of Cammy and X-23. Storm is probably in due to her importance in the Marvel Universe as well as being a fan favourite.

I have to agree I am not a fan of MODOK but he is a new fighting style. I'd prefer variety in playstyle over the same characters again and again. Which is why I quite like She-Hulk. You need to look past the name here. She has a very different fighting style to Hulk and is a female grappler, a style not seen in MvC before.

And I have to add that Marvel are the ones who chose/approve Marvel characters. So don't blame Capcom for Marvel wanting to push and advertise certain characters.

Looking forward to a team of Wesker, Trish and She-Hulk/Chun-Li

Offline Tazzer

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #2010 on: November 15, 2010, 07:01:04 PM »
You name 4 Street Fighter characters who are not in and mention that Arthur and Amaterasu are a waste of space? Ken is essentially the same as Ryu in MvC terms. Arthur and Amaterasu are characters that represent new series and are fan favourites. We don't need loads of Street Fighter characters.

And how do you know Psylocke/Cable/Rogue/Storm are not in? Rogue nowadays is very different to how she was back when MvC2 was around and Marvel want the up to date versions of characters. As for no Cable, well his moveset is arguably similar to Chris's. Same can be said of Cammy and X-23. Storm is probably in due to her importance in the Marvel Universe as well as being a fan favourite.

I have to agree I am not a fan of MODOK but he is a new fighting style. I'd prefer variety in playstyle over the same characters again and again. Which is why I quite like She-Hulk. You need to look past the name here. She has a very different fighting style to Hulk and is a female grappler, a style not seen in MvC before.

And I have to add that Marvel are the ones who chose/approve Marvel characters. So don't blame Capcom for Marvel wanting to push and advertise certain characters.

Looking forward to a team of Wesker, Trish and She-Hulk/Chun-Li

Excellent post.  I agree 100% with everything said.

Offline Invader Dooms

• Initiate
« Reply #2011 on: November 15, 2010, 07:03:18 PM »
 ^^(PM)^ Word, Dead-X. I love MvC2, but I'm not going to enjoy playing the same characters again and again. MODOK has a very defensive playstyle relying on supers and hypers to defeat opponents, and I appreciate the variety with Arthur and Spencer. As for Ammy, Okami is a very popular game, and the fans would be rabid if Capcom didn't include him.

Now, if it turns out that that image I posted ISN'T faked, and Howard the Duck is put in, THEN I'll think he's a waste of space. Until then, no judgements shall be called.

Also, I really hope Mike Haggar is revealed next month. It'd make the best Christmas Present ever.

Until then, Joe/Dante/Deadpool team FTW.

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:September 02, 2024, 11:37:18 AM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #2012 on: November 15, 2010, 07:14:55 PM »
i am actually looking forward to playing as she hulk and zero. wether that list turns out to be a "fake" or not , the characters we have are the characters we have.  With the new inclusions i can form a good all girl team now.

she hulk - power and grapple
Trish- spacer
X-23 -  ariel/ speed

yeah thats how i always size up my teams. Because i do my teams that way it will limit me from havin a deadpool and dante team up. both are kinda the same. so wouldnt fit my style.  Now with zero in that would do me some justice with my Shorty hero squad...till another megaman get here. ;*)) plus i can fuse the same types into a team for differnt reasons

Shorty hero team
Authur- spacer
viewtful joe - speed
Zero - spacer/speed
Yeah i think this will def work to my advantage ! >:D >:D
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 07:44:20 PM by lando33 »

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #2013 on: November 15, 2010, 09:06:38 PM »
Why do I have the feeling the Megaman in the game won't be the Classic version?

Also good speech there Dead-X  ::salute::

Offline ratmon

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 23, 2019, 04:48:30 PM
    • Email
« Reply #2014 on: November 15, 2010, 09:38:48 PM »
I knew She-Hulk was coming .............. I always know.

Lol, anyways I feel like she does bring something new to the table, but I still hate how hulk/she-hulk and wolverine/x-23 are all in. Before you start flaming I know they don't even play the same and stuff, but just the fact they have about the same powers pisses me off. And yes who wants to play as the same characters all the time? But what about Ms.Marvel, Elektra, Phoenix, or Blackcat who I prefer way more than Hulk with boobs. Ms.Marvel must be a Bigger Marvel Icon than She-Hulk. I think seeing to much green on screen is gonna make my eyes burn.  o.O#

And Zero is a recycle tvc edited version.(which I feel fine with)

And why was Storm de-confirmed?  :-??

Offline Tazzer

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #2015 on: November 15, 2010, 10:16:54 PM »
I don't believe she was.  I think we'll definitely see the Wind Rider.

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
« Reply #2016 on: November 15, 2010, 10:19:55 PM »
: )

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #2017 on: November 15, 2010, 11:49:49 PM »
Yeah I have a good feeling that Storm and Ms Marvel will appear.

I just hope to see if they're going to do DLC or not

Offline C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 01, 2015, 10:02:57 PM
  • Proud Member of C.R.O.M. Visit My YouTube Channel
    • Visit My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2018 on: November 16, 2010, 12:25:16 AM »
Just as a reminder or to be used as a reference for everyone...

Marvel character deconfirmations

• Blade
• Daredevil
• Dr. Strange
• Emma Frost
• Fantastic Four
• Gambit (verified through uStream) :'(  
• Ghost Rider
• Kingpin
• Mojo
• Loki
• Punisher :'(
• Silver Surfer (verified through uStream)

Capcom character deconfirmations

• Amingo
• Demitri
• Gene (from God Hand)
• Gill (from Street Fighter 3)
• Megaman X  :'(
• Nemesis
• Nero
• Phoenix Wright
• Ruby Heart
• Tyrant
• Vergil

Capcom franchise deconfirmations

Characters from these franchise will not be appearing in Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

• Breath of Fire
• Darkstalkers (no additional characters beyond Felicia and Morrigan)  :'(
• Monster Hunter
• Sengoku BASARA

Questionable deconfirmations

It's not official that these characters/franchises won't be making an appearance, but it's very unlikely most of them will.

• Akuma
• Black Panther
• Cyclops
• Dan
• Ken
• Man Thing
• PTX-40
• SonSon
• Squirrel Girl
• Wayne (Lost Planet)

• More Devil May Cry cast members
• Power Stone cast members
• Rival Schools cast members
• Three Wonders cast members

UPDATE:

They did deconfirm Squirrel Girl via uStream and Man-Thing is gonna be in character endings

Also the Monster Hunters team didn't want their characters in the game
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 01:08:11 AM by manolostyle »

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #2019 on: November 16, 2010, 01:05:39 AM »
They did deconfirm Squirrel Girl via uStream and Man-Thing is gonna be in character endings

Offline C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 01, 2015, 10:02:57 PM
  • Proud Member of C.R.O.M. Visit My YouTube Channel
    • Visit My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2020 on: November 16, 2010, 01:09:14 AM »

Updated  :thumbsup:

Offline Invader Dooms

• Initiate
« Reply #2021 on: November 16, 2010, 03:18:50 AM »
Man, what's with all the hating on Power Stone, Capcom!? It was my favorite fighting game for a while before I got back into Smash Bros., and the characters are awesome to the rad power multiplied by Superfly.

I'd love to see Jack, Kraken, and the crazy awesome Jack make an appearance...MAN I miss Power Stone...

Maybe I can attempt to start up a Power Stone MUGEN project...

I don't really care about the other deconfirmed franchises and characters...Except for Phoenix Wright and Nemesis/Tyrant.

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 02:35:37 AM
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #2022 on: November 16, 2010, 03:23:51 AM »
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/nov/15/gamestop-shuma-gorath-jill-valentine-mvc3-dlc-characters/

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=88340
Collector's Edition

•Steelbook case featuring exclusive art work
•Comic/Art book- A 12-page prologue comic, written by Marvel writer Frank Tieri, plus campaign art and a curated selection of fan art.
•1-month Subscription to Marvel Digital Comics, providing unlimited online access to Marvel content
•2 Playable DLC Characters – Shuma Gorath and Jill Valentine. Content is available 4 weeks post-launch.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 03:36:55 AM by Dead Phoenix »
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.
-Mei Ling quotting Shakespeare

Offline Yun0

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 04, 2020, 09:50:43 PM
    • Email
« Reply #2023 on: November 16, 2010, 03:32:23 AM »
AHHH Collectors edition is up at Gamestop.com

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=88340
Collector's Edition

•Steelbook case featuring exclusive art work
•Comic/Art book- A 12-page prologue comic, written by Marvel writer Frank Tieri, plus campaign art and a curated selection of fan art.
•1-month Subscription to Marvel Digital Comics, providing unlimited online access to Marvel content
•2 Playable DLC Characters – Shuma Gorath and Jill Valentine. Content is available 4 weeks post-launch.

i never though that jill wil come to this game... EXCELLENT!!

and another thing... Man-Thing's gonna be in a char's ending, right? so that thing makes Howard the Duck to be closer (for me it's just confirmed) to be in the game

TomBewley

« Reply #2024 on: November 16, 2010, 03:37:23 AM »
DLC already........What? Seriously Capcom?
And yay Jill! What......Battlesuit Jill.... Why not BSAA? Way better look. Well at least she's in.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[September 30, 2024, 12:29:35 AM]

Mugen Of Solitude:Spacestation 1.0 Updated Stage By Supaman2525 & OldGamer by Aumio Khan
[September 29, 2024, 09:12:20 AM]

thunderstrike eric masterson by wacky thaxie
[September 26, 2024, 06:09:19 PM]

Classic VS : Balrog by ELECTRO
[September 25, 2024, 11:44:58 PM]

Justice League Seattle Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 23, 2024, 12:14:06 PM]

Ancient Gears Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[September 20, 2024, 11:59:18 AM]

Justice League Metropolis Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 16, 2024, 11:57:49 AM]

Ultimate Mai Shiranui (FF2 & FF3) by nickfurry
[September 15, 2024, 02:27:53 AM]

Justice League Gotham Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 11, 2024, 09:41:42 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[September 07, 2024, 03:06:46 AM]

* IMT Calendar

October 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
[1] 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal