collapse

Author Topic: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3  (Read 192670 times)

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:September 02, 2024, 11:37:18 AM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
Re: Official Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 thread
« Reply #7600 on: December 01, 2011, 02:28:14 PM »
thanx for the vid DCL. i actually know Gatchman crew and quite actually from what i read , i know alot of the cast if not all of them.  seems pretty cool plus slower paced .  I can see tho MVC3 borrowed ALOT from it . i think imma check out some more on it cause since it has some cool characters i know about  i might can dive in on this. thanx. :thumbsup:

Edit: ryu hadoken hyper looks very very familiar as well as the air break move. mvc3 been borrowing indeed.

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2021, 04:30:43 PM
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #7601 on: December 01, 2011, 02:37:25 PM »
The fact that TvC has Karas in it is reason enough to buy it.

Oh, it's also really fun. Probably my favorite Capcom fighter.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #7602 on: December 01, 2011, 02:42:52 PM »
yeah thats what i was just watching on youtube , Karas. this def could give me ideas about him since he in my project as a playable character. def a good look.  i really hope they do fix UMVC3 and i guess if not , in the next version they do everything right from the start and give up some of the awesome characters they have as cards in umvc3  to be playable characters .

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 02:35:37 AM
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #7603 on: December 01, 2011, 02:46:58 PM »
speaking of cards, when is H&H DLC suppose to come out?
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.
-Mei Ling quotting Shakespeare

Offline Skeletor-EX

• Artist, Musician, Video producer.
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:August 22, 2014, 10:21:32 PM
  • The truth HELPS! Not hurts... LISTEN!!
    • Skeletor-EX Mugen Youtube video channel...
    • Email
« Reply #7604 on: December 01, 2011, 04:10:46 PM »
I think the idea of Tasunoko vs Capcom was great! But the actual execution of the game, was bad... Only because of the controls! No matter what anyone says, 3 buttons SUCKS!! It would be different if there were no street fighter characters in it. Maybe I would have looked at it differently, because I to have grown up with Gotchaman crew. It was called G-Force here in the states. See, when I play Guilty gearXX or some other fighting game non-Capcom related, I don't mind that they have 3 or 4 buttons! I'd still rather have 6, but I just don't trip because it doesn't even feel like a Capcom game in the first place, and the characters are completely different. But when I see Ryu, I AUTOMATICALLY want 6-Buttons out of the gate! What they should have done with UMVC3, is at least input a 6 button mode. An MVC-mode, and an MVC2 mode would have been COOL!! And if you preferred to play 3-Button style, you would have had that choice. The UMVC3 roster still sucks because there are too many characters there that I couldn't care less for...

Let's go down the list. Ryu: A must have. Chun Li: Cool. Morrigan: She was there last game, why not? Dante: A great choice! But why doesn't everyone have that many damn moves!? Trish: Ok, but should have been Nero. Amaterasu: Can't hit her unless you crouch down. RETARDED!! Felicia: Whatever... Viewtiful Joe: (SMH) Why couldn't they have made him NORMAL SIZE!!? A big head, and micro limbs, is just plain STUPID for this type of game that has serious fighters in it. They should have just made an UMVC pocket edition!! Idiots... Chris Redfield: He's ok. Wesker: GARBAGE!! I expected so much better. Jill Valentine: T R A S H!!!!!!! And she used to be one of my favorites! Damn you Capcom!  \-/o Tron Bonne: Who cares...? Zero: He's cool, seems broken. Arthur: A complete waste of a slot... Spencer: Nice choice! Should have added guns though. C-Viper: Umm NO. Should have been C-Commando! Haggar: Is an absolute disgrace, and should have been Zangief! Akuma: Oh but Ken is just a Ryu clone huh? BULL!! Akuma SUCKS in this game! Ken offers an entirely different style of game play, and most definitely should have BEEN HERE!!! I cannot stress that enough! Hsien-Ko: Nope!  Should have been Demitri, Talbain, or Donovan. Hiryu: Great, but there's nothing new about him. Fire Brand: REALLY?? Anyway... Frank West: Whatever, why is a reporter fighting full fledged MUTANTS and ASSASSINS!? dumb... Phoenix Wright: F###ing ridiculously idiotic!!!! Most retarded thing I've ever seen in a fighting game! He doesn't even fight!! Vergil: Should have been there in the first place. Nemesis: Looks dopey, and just doesn't fit. Should have been Batsu. There's too many R-E characters already! I'll get to marvel later...

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:June 29, 2024, 04:08:47 PM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #7605 on: December 01, 2011, 04:35:56 PM »
I was gonna say something but I don't care anymore.

.... Anyone want to play Umvc3?

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:September 20, 2024, 06:44:10 PM
  • If you see this, I'm alive!
« Reply #7606 on: December 01, 2011, 04:43:10 PM »
I was gonna say something but I don't care anymore.

.... Anyone want to play Umvc3?

On PSN?
(click to show/hide)
zzz...I'm top tier...screw you Doom and Wesker...zzz

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #7607 on: December 01, 2011, 04:56:24 PM »
On PSN?

I'll try, but don't get mad that I can't use the ps3 controller that well. :P
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 05:04:04 PM by -Whiplash- »

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #7608 on: December 01, 2011, 04:58:51 PM »
In regards to your character reactions Skele, I'd like to bring up a few things:
*Viewtiful Joe - I think a few people would agree with me when I say if V.Joe had regular human proportions in this game, it'd seem a bit unsettling. I mean they didn't heavily alter the other character's appearances for this game, why do so for Joe? So is his scale against regular people the ONLY thing you hate about him?
*Arthur and Firebrand - Ghosts and Goblins (sorry if I get it wrong) is a classic. I personally have no problem with them (although Firebrand does seem a bit cheap in terms of moves).
*C Viper - I agree, I'd rather have Cap. Commando, but I'm not gonna kill anyone over her being in.
*Haggar - I found nothing wrong with Haggar. On the topic of replacing him with Zangief, I am a bit interested with that but I'm contempt with Metro City's mayor being in.
*Lei Lei - ... Won't argue with that, I'd love to see Jon Talbain in 3D.
*Frank West - He HAS had experience fighting legions of zombies with just the typical things you can buy at a Wal-Mart. Isn't that bad*** enough to warrant a slot?
*Phoenix Wright - That's like the, what, 600th PW hater we've seen here. C'mon, you don't find it at least a bit humorous to see him suing Magento with his Court Scene hyper?

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #7609 on: December 01, 2011, 05:02:54 PM »
In regards to your character reactions Skele, I'd like to bring up a few things:
*Viewtiful Joe - I think a few people would agree with me when I say if V.Joe had regular human proportions in this game, it'd seem a bit unsettling. I mean they didn't heavily alter the other character's appearances for this game, why do so for Joe? So is his scale against regular people the ONLY thing you hate about him?
*Arthur and Firebrand - Ghosts and Goblins (sorry if I get it wrong) is a classic. I personally have no problem with them (although Firebrand does seem a bit cheap in terms of moves).
*C Viper - I agree, I'd rather have Cap. Commando, but I'm not gonna kill anyone over her being in.
*Haggar - I found nothing wrong with Haggar. On the topic of replacing him with Zangief, I am a bit interested with that but I'm contempt with Metro City's mayor being in.
*Frank West - He HAS had experience fighting legions of zombies with just the typical things you can buy at a Wal-Mart. Isn't that bad*** enough to warrant a slot?
*Phoenix Wright - That's like the, what, 600th PW hater we've seen here. C'mon, you don't find it at least a bit humorous to see him suing Magento with his Court Scene hyper?

I agree. Except I wanted Jedah in this game.

Add to that: Hagger replacing Zangief was an AWSOME move, Zangief gets into too much stuff as it is IMO, and Hagger not only is a grappler, but he represents Final fight, AND he hasen't been in a game for a long while.

And Captain commando is full of win, and I never liked C.viper that much (More then juri though.)

Offline G.P.O.A - GatlingPunchRalf

• Idea and Advice
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 23, 2013, 07:31:01 AM
  • IMT's Unofficial Advisor and Brainstormer
« Reply #7610 on: December 01, 2011, 05:10:17 PM »
The way I look at it, if you don't like the game, just don't show your support by playing it. Complaining over anything isn't going to do much. Let's be honest, Capcom doesn't really give half a crap what people want, just what will make money. Also, they tend to lean more towards their Japanese fanbase more than American, which they have Marvel for.

Sprite Contest Organizer and Beloved Personality

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
Re: Official Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - News
« Reply #7611 on: December 01, 2011, 05:36:57 PM »
There is no real MVC3...! There's only MVC-&-MVC2... However, Tatsunoko has a part 2, and even an ultimate part 2!! They just excluded the actual Tatsunoko characters, and added what looks to be Marvel characters that no one gives a damn about! Oh yeah! That's what it is!  *Iceman ThumbsDown!*

:D
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #7612 on: December 01, 2011, 05:44:57 PM »
okay im on PSN right now if anyone wants to play...but please if i get disconnected its because my crappy internet messed up, so please bear with it as i try to fix it if it goes down...
(click to show/hide)

Offline Skeletor-EX

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #7613 on: December 01, 2011, 06:57:13 PM »

I realize they didn't alter anyone else, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't have. I've seen multiple pics of Dante in Viewtiful Joe's art style, so why not him!? He certainly would have fit in better than he does now. Arthur was made normal size at one time, and he look great! And that was a side scrolling shooter/beat em up! It would make a hell of a lot more sense in a fighting game like this. The Cannon spike armor would have been a TRILLION times better than G&G style Arthur...! And YES! I DO hate the scaling against more serious fighters sir...! I couldn't give 2 craps for Fire brand, and I personally don't know anyone in my city who likes him as a choice for this game. Not even people who like this game! As far as Haggar's concerned, I don't hate him as a character, but the way they made him in this game, is atrocious! Man he sucks! That's it, that's all. And what do they have against adding Cody and guy in the game with him!? They have 4 RE characters in which 3 of them suck, I would have taken Leon over that garbage a$$ battle suit Jill... SHE SUCKS!!!!!! I do see your point with Frank West, and to be honest, he don't look half bad as a fighter! Much better than he was in TVC... And as far as PW goes, NO!! I do not find him humorous! I don't know about anyone else, but I play fighting games to beat the crap out of you! SERIOUSLY! Not humorously... They could have added Dan for that. At least he fights...

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #7614 on: December 01, 2011, 07:03:01 PM »
as far as PW goes, NO!! I do not find him humorous! I don't know about anyone else, but I play fighting games to beat the crap out of you! SERIOUSLY! Not humorously... They could have added Dan for that. At least he fights...

:DxDie

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #7615 on: December 01, 2011, 07:28:09 PM »
About Jill ... another thing I won't argue about. I know I've said this many a time but I'd still prefer a Jill that played like her MvC2 counterpart but nix the zombies and have her in her BSAA outfit.

However with you reusing the word "serious" throughout your rants, I want to know something: Does anyone think the MvC series is suppose to be serious? I never thought so. When I play a MvC game, I don't expect uber serious atmosphere, I just want to see Spider-Man beat up Ryu or Wolverine shredding Dante to pieces. I won't object to a more serious MvC game, but as it stands "serious" is FAR from what the tone of the series actually is

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #7616 on: December 01, 2011, 07:34:55 PM »
I couldn't give 2 craps for Fire brand, and I personally don't know anyone in my city who likes him as a choice for this game. Not even people who like this game! As far as Haggar's concerned, I don't hate him as a character, but the way they made him in this game, is atrocious! Man he sucks! That's it, that's all. And what do they have against adding Cody and guy in the game with him!?

I know a guy in my imdiate area that likes firebrand as a chacter.

And: Hagger is a great character, I think there was a guy who won (or at least did well) in a tournament because of him.

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:September 20, 2024, 07:48:57 AM
« Reply #7617 on: December 01, 2011, 07:56:29 PM »
;*)) Skeletor-EX, I though I was the only one here who thinks that way of Joe and Arthur.
Also agree that 4 RE chars is too much, 1 or 2 from any game would be more then enough. Batsu would be awesome there, also Akira. Frank West is cool :cool I have nothing against Firebrand though.
John Talbain instead of Felicia could be great. Morrigan and Hsien-ko are ok, but I wouldn't miss 'em if there was Jedah(and no Trish-Testament). If they don't want to put MegaMan for being overused or other reason Bass or ProtoMan would be nice choice too. Onimusha 3 main chars are most welcomed. (BTW they had Megaman Zero and Megaman.Exe in Onimusha - Blade Warriors) Don't want to even talk about Wright. And so on... The choice in chars isn't really satisfying...
Reducing number of buttons isn't a good thing too...
Maybe I'm grumbling too much, but seeing all those bug and infinite videos, knowing about locked on disc content, making MvC3 demo game, not satisfying roster not only makes me not buying that game, but also hate it and be angry...
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline Skeletor-EX

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #7618 on: December 01, 2011, 08:03:00 PM »
About Jill ... another thing I won't argue about. I know I've said this many a time but I'd still prefer a Jill that played like her MvC2 counterpart but nix the zombies and have her in her BSAA outfit.

However with you reusing the word "serious" throughout your rants, I want to know something: Does anyone think the MvC series is suppose to be serious? I never thought so. When I play a MvC game, I don't expect uber serious atmosphere, I just want to see Spider-Man beat up Ryu or Wolverine shredding Dante to pieces. I won't object to a more serious MvC game, but as it stands "serious" is FAR from what the tone of the series actually is

On Jill, we totally agree! 100% She was awesome just as she was, minus the zombies... I know when you think of Ryu fighting Spiderman, or Wolverine, it can't actually be serious, because Spiderman, or any other Marvel hero/villain would actually destroy him! lol However, people are still playing MVC2 competitively to this day! If that doesn't mean "Serious" I don't know what does... You had characters like Amingo, Megaman, Roll, but for the most part, Capcoms side was pretty fierce! Ruby Heart was CRAZY!! I LOVED her! Everyone with the exception of ServeBot, were quality contenders! Go to Fightersgeneration and look at that line up... It's nothing short of AWESOME! There's no way one could compare UMVC3's roster to that... NO FREAKIN WAY...!

Post Merge: December 01, 2011, 08:13:52 PM
;*)) Skeletor-EX, I though I was the only one here who thinks that way of Joe and Arthur.
Also agree that 4 RE chars is too much, 1 or 2 from any game would be more then enough. Batsu would be awesome there, also Akira. Frank West is cool :cool I have nothing against Firebrand though.
John Talbain instead of Felicia could be great. Morrigan and Hsien-ko are ok, but I wouldn't miss 'em if there was Jedah(and no Trish-Testament). If they don't want to put MegaMan for being overused or other reason Bass or ProtoMan would be nice choice too. Onimusha 3 main chars are most welcomed. (BTW they had Megaman Zero and Megaman.Exe in Onimusha - Blade Warriors) Don't want to even talk about Wright. And so on... The choice in chars isn't really satisfying...
Reducing number of buttons isn't a good thing too...
Maybe I'm grumbling too much, but seeing all those bug and infinite videos, knowing about locked on disc content, making MvC3 demo game, not satisfying roster not only makes me not buying that game, but also hate it and be angry...

Understood. Definitely...!

Post Merge: December 01, 2011, 08:18:21 PM
I know a guy in my imdiate area that likes firebrand as a chacter.

And: Hagger is a great character, I think there was a guy who won (or at least did well) in a tournament because of him.

Like I said, I like Haggar as a character, but the way he is in this game, is NOT a good look man... I congratulate the guy on winning a tournament, or coming close to it with him, but really, he still sucks...
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 08:18:21 PM by Skeletor-EX »

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #7619 on: December 01, 2011, 08:39:07 PM »
anyone up for some mahvel? (psn)

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #7620 on: December 01, 2011, 09:45:03 PM »
On Jill, we totally agree! 100% She was awesome just as she was, minus the zombies... I know when you think of Ryu fighting Spiderman, or Wolverine, it can't actually be serious, because Spiderman, or any other Marvel hero/villain would actually destroy him! lol However, people are still playing MVC2 competitively to this day! If that doesn't mean "Serious" I don't know what does... You had characters like Amingo, Megaman, Roll, but for the most part, Capcoms side was pretty fierce! Ruby Heart was CRAZY!! I LOVED her! Everyone with the exception of ServeBot, were quality contenders! Go to Fightersgeneration and look at that line up... It's nothing short of AWESOME! There's no way one could compare UMVC3's roster to that... NO FREAKIN WAY...!
I think you might have misinterpreted my using of the word "serious"

Or maybe I misinterpreted YOUR use of the word.

Does it matter?

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 02:35:37 AM
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 11:28:00 PM by Dead Phoenix »
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.
-Mei Ling quotting Shakespeare

Offline C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 01, 2015, 10:02:57 PM
  • Proud Member of C.R.O.M. Visit My YouTube Channel
    • Visit My YouTube Channel
« Reply #7622 on: December 01, 2011, 11:36:25 PM »

Wow !!! I have to say that I have not been that active on IMT for about a week due to some personal problems I am dealing with. My last post was on Page 16 on the 26th. Now I come to read all of this and I find myself in shock.  :|

As it was, this thread was full of cool MvC3 videos or news and people either talking smack or talking about the great games they had. Yeah, there were some complaints or expressions of points of view, but not like this. I also see that Acey changed the name to “Official UMvC3 Thread”, but after reading it, it should be called the “Official UMvC3 HATE and COMPLAINT thread” instead.  @-)

Let me start by saying that I went to the dentist yesterday for a cleanup and can honestly say that reading the last 8 pages of this thread was more annoying than having my mouth abused by surgical instruments for a couple of hours. Aside from GLux, which I know has an obsession and personal vendetta with Capcom because they excluded what appears to be his favorite platonic gaming character of all time, Mega Man, I see no reason for so much hate, and I think GLux is just on strike.  :-j

However, I do see some good points, although I mostly see rants and personal preference rambling. At first I wasn’t going to bother posting, but it has become the main topic so…  ;D

I will probably be hated for some of the things I’ll say, but whoever knows me knows that I am here to have fun and I am everyone’s friend, and that I have no intention of offending anyone, so if you hate me, I probably shouldn’t care that you do. I just want to point out some stuff.  :P

Here is what amuses me:

1. A lot of people are complaining about glitches or bugs in the game. That Capcom should fix it or they should have caught it.

My Opinion: Has anyone though that those glitches or bugs are there on purpose? I think so. Most of the time people think the glitches are cool and want to try them too. It provides amusement to many people that find them. It provides videos, discussions, marketing, exposure…MONEY. Besides, I have played many matches and not once have I seen any happen because they work under specific conditions. I read that DCL and Swiziga experienced the Strider/Morrigan glitch, but I’m sure they did it on purpose since Dead Phoenix had posted the video earlier with the instructions on how to make it happen…and if they didn’t do it on purpose so what? It gave them something to laugh and talk about.

2. I see that everyone is complaining about infinites or 100% combos, and by the way, I like that Acey pointed out that they are both just 33% damage to your team, since there are a total of 3 characters in each team. That is a very good point.

My Opinion: Let me say that I have played many of the people here and no one has shown that they can do any infinites, nor they can do 100% combos without the use of X-Factor or DHC. If there is someone here that can do it, please prove it, not with a video, but by playing us in a lobby and doing it during gameplay, whih is where and when it counts. Most of the infinites and 100% combos shown on videos are done in training mode, which means nothing in a match.

I have tried to do those infinites or most 100% combos and I can’t do them, and I consider myself pretty good in this game and have gotten way better with Ultimate. I put up some great competition to everyone here, as you all know, and think I know some pretty decent and fairly long combos, but I still consider myself at an Intermediate Skill Level, which I also consider most of you to be.

My friends Bozz Prototype and Day Light, that are incredibly skillful, which can be confirmed by GLux and Whiplash, can be considered Experts, as well as Demonkai’s friends, which he introduced to me on PSN and neither can or won’t do infinites during gameplay and the combos they do might be very long, but they are not 100% combos unless they DHC. Bozz’s friends RODRIGO and KAIZER, both Cosmic Lords, can be considered Masters since they are in the top 15 in the world's leaderboards (RODRIGO is 7th and I think Viscant is 9th) and although they do 100% combos, they don't do infinites during matches.

My second point regarding this is that most of us play amongst ourselves, so there is no need to be afraid of this happening or be annoyed by it. Just keep playing with the people you know. I’ve played a lot of Ranked and Player matches, over 4,000 in the last game and over 300 on this one, if you count both XBL and PSN, and not once did I meet anyone that did an infinite on me. I did get beat bad many times, but it was mostly in fair fights.

3. Everyone says that the game is way easy to play that even my son, nephew, little cousin, grandson, etc. can pick it up and be great at it.

My Opinion: Going back to my first point, nobody here has demonstrated to be at an Expert or Master Level, so…what are you talking about?

4. Complaints about 3-button, 4-button, etc.

My Opinion: I was hesitant at first and did not like the idea, but after giving it a chance, I personally prefer the “3-button” layout for THIS game. There is a lot going on at the same time during a match to be focused on a 6-button layout. This game is fast and there is a lot of depth. If you decide to learn the game, you will see that there is a lot more to it then the number of buttons. There are tons of strategies to learn, more so than many other fighters. Don’t get me wrong, I love the 6-button layout on Street Fighter and Mugen, but only on those two, so if you prefer 6 buttons, go play those two.

5. A lot of people are complaining about “cheap” characters like Hulk, Sentinel, Wesker, Vergil, etc. and some of their “cheap” moves (Standing H comes to mind).

My Opinion: Let me start by addressing Hulk’s standing H. Has anyone heard of BLOCKING? I’m not kidding. Most people I play, even here, are more focused on offense than defense and most of the time they lose because of that. They just don't block enough. That is why GLux is such a deadly opponent. He blocks…A LOT. Plus, he has a lot of patience. Anyway, blocking is done by pressing the Dpad in the opposite direction of your opponent. If they attack you high, you do it standing. If they attack you low, you crouch and do it. Some moves attack high even when the opponent is just standing. Hulk’s Standing H is blocked by standing because…you guessed it..it attacks high. If you have a tendency to always do a crouching block, like I had, then you have to change that when you face Hulk. It’s that simple. That is why I never have problems with him, even when I play 2nd Lord and 1st Lord Hulk users, since I have never played a Master Lord or Cosmic Lord that uses Hulk. I have more problems with other unpredictable characters.

Only once did I find a really hard Hulk to beat and it was this guy that saw my YouTube video and challenged me saying that I couldn’t beat his Hulk. He used Standing H or jumping S plus Deadpool’s or Amaterasu’s assist which hit low at the same time to try and make it unblockable. It took me about an hour and about a 12 game losing streak but I learned to block it. In that case, if both are hitting you at the same time, you only block low or block the first one and then the second one. He also tried to hit me low right after I blocked his Standing H, instead of doing his launcher, which took me by surprise many times, but guess what, I got used to it and he had no choice but to spam Deadpool’s or Amy’s projectiles after I learned to get rid of his Hulk right away, because he did ot know how to use the other two, so I ended up calling him a cheap no skill spammer with a decent Hulk… lol

This is the same with Sentinel and his crouching M or his standing Kick, and his Super Armor. You learn to block High when he is in the air or standing and right away change to a low block as soon as you see him crouch and you can’t be hit. Yes, I know, both Hulk and Sentinel have Super Armor, but you wait and block the whole hit, to find a HUGE hitbox that you can abuse right after. Learn to play against them and stop complaining about them. The same can be said for Wesker and Vergil and anyone else. There are patterns, offensive and most importantly DEFENSIVE strategies. Don’t complain, LEARN. I continue to do so every day.

6. There are a ton of complaints about characters that are garbage and shouldn’t be in.

My Opinion: This is all personal preference. Some like something others don't. I prefer Haggar more than Zangief, but I still haven’t learned to use him, although I love Zangief in SF. I personally dislike Ryu in all MvC games. I love him in Street Fighter, but not here. I see him as fan service. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy that he is in because he has a certain style of play, like all of the characters that are in and I had to learn to play against him. To be honest, I’m happy with everyone who is in, even the ones I hate to play against like Trash, I mean Trish, Zero (no need to change that name...lol ) and PMS Phoenix because they all play different. It’s called VARIETY.

Granted, I wish they would have included BB Hood, Jin Saotome, Gambit, Cable, Cap. Commando , the Original Jill, which I loved, and many others, and I’m crossing my fingers for DLC, but I still love the game the way it is. Each character is a different challenge and you have to change the way you play with each of them and against each of them. Try playing a great Akuma player the same way you play Hulk, Chris, Wesker, V. Joe, Wolverine, Ghost Ryder or Sentinel. You will get owned. They are all way different.

You might not like Phoenix Wright, MODOK, V. Joe, Arthur, Amy, or Jill, but I know people that love them and are AWESOME with each of them. They also provide a great challenge with them and that is what the game is all about. I used to get owned by a V. Joe, MODOK, and Arthur team and the guy doesn’t even spam. I kid you not. His combos are incredible. I have him on my XBL friend list now and although it took some time, I learned to beat him so now we go toe to toe. Phoenix Wright is a great addition. Who cares if he is a lawyer? I love Wolverine as a character, but don't like the way he plays in the game so I don't use him. Fighting characters should be picked or played because of their fighting styles, not their personalities. If that was the case, I would stick with the X-Men and Spiderman, which are my favorite characters in Marvel.

7. Complaints about Capcom is milking us. Ultimate came out too soon.

My Opinion: I completely and utterly agree, but does this really surprise anyone? I mean, REALLY ?? Aren’t we talking about the same company that gave us a ton of different versions of Street Fighter 2 before giving us Street Fighter 3? Remember SF2 Vanilla, Championship Edition, Turbo, Super and Super Turbo. If you were a SNES owner, you paid for all of them. I know I did. They also gave us Street Fighter 4, Super Street Fighter 4 and Arcade Edition. You think everyone would expect it by now. Should we really be surprised or pissed? Accept it. Deal with it. At least we got an Ultimate MvC3 and did not have to wait 10 years for the new installment. That’s the way I see it. Missing Spectator mode in MvC3 Vanilla was unacceptable. I'm glad we finally have it...

In conclusion, my point is, if you wanted a Street Fighter type of gameplay, go play SF. If you liked MvC2 better, go play that then. Don’t get me wrong, I love those games, but this is not either one of them. This game is different and in my opinion is the best fighting game ever made. Plus, stop the hating already. Nothing you do or say will change the game or make it better. You want something different? Thank God we have Mugen. Like Shadaloo posted a few pages back “All you need is love”. I love the Beatles…  :)

PS. Sorry for the long post, but I have read a ton of long ones in the last pages as well. It was just my turn…  ;)

PSS. I thought TvC sucked. I bought it and traded it in about a month. It was slow and did not like the gameplay, but that is just my opinion. However, I am happy that it was the stick to measure what they would end up doing with MvC3…  :thumbsup:

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:September 20, 2024, 07:48:57 AM
« Reply #7623 on: December 01, 2011, 11:57:29 PM »
And I blamed myself and Lando for long coments...
---
1. If someone triggers it by accident he wouldn't be glad and proud of what he hears after match :) Bugs for money? /:O That's something new, they receiving massive pride and rating hit because of that=losing buyers, how's that helping to get money?
2. Now that reminds me of some anime cliche - "now we will fight fair and square and still win you unfair cheating bastards!" Why to even have stuff which fair players won't use?
6. the thing is that they could've instead of rushing asked about it with polls... Obviously they'd avoided many hate if they showed results of poll and said that players got what they wanted.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 12:19:05 AM by ExeLord »
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #7624 on: December 01, 2011, 11:58:13 PM »
 <_<|...|
I aint even gonna respond to that...

Anyway, just had some insane battles with Swiziga...something about my Twins N' Beautiful Claws Team against Swiziga's Two Doctors W/ a T-Virus Madman Team seem incredibly epic for some reason...
(click to show/hide)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

thunderstrike eric masterson by wacky thaxie
[September 26, 2024, 06:09:19 PM]

Classic VS : Balrog by ELECTRO
[September 25, 2024, 11:44:58 PM]

Justice League Seattle Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 23, 2024, 12:14:06 PM]

Ancient Gears Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[September 20, 2024, 11:59:18 AM]

Justice League Metropolis Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 16, 2024, 11:57:49 AM]

Ultimate Mai Shiranui (FF2 & FF3) by nickfurry
[September 15, 2024, 02:27:53 AM]

Justice League Gotham Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 11, 2024, 09:41:42 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[September 07, 2024, 03:06:46 AM]

MatreroG's Stages W.I.P. Concepts by MatreroG
[September 06, 2024, 01:27:09 PM]

Justice League Flash Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 03, 2024, 10:30:40 AM]

* IMT Calendar

September 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28