collapse

Author Topic: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3  (Read 192724 times)

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:June 29, 2024, 04:08:47 PM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
Re: Official Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - News
« Reply #7575 on: November 30, 2011, 01:38:53 PM »
there is no such thing as a 100% combo in sf4 or ssf4 unless you have hacked the pc version of the game. yun and yang are god tier in ssf4 AE but they can't pull off 100% combos. their combos are heavily scaled people are just good at getting mixups. the closest thing to a 100% combo is balrog charging his punch for 1 minute or more, connecting with it and chaining into a super but the chances of that happening are extremely rare since he would have to be blocking the entire match

I've been thinking about it, and my perspective is probably pretty skewed. I have only been play fighting games since 2009, so when I play an older game I compare it with newer ones like they've only been out for 2 years.

However seth and Akuma have really low health, but it looks pretty damaging regardless.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 01:44:00 PM by -Whiplash- »

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
Re: Official Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 thread
« Reply #7576 on: November 30, 2011, 01:57:56 PM »
I think Swiziga is talking about SSF4 AE, not the older versions.

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #7577 on: November 30, 2011, 02:12:54 PM »
the second video is a hacked sf4 that hadouken juggle is not possible and that background is fake. first and last vid are one of those situations that are very unlikely to happen which is why its in training mode.
vid 3 he had full ultra(which can only be gained from getting damaged) and special meter against akuma one of the lowest health players in the game besides it looks like that wouldnt have worked if someone decided to block high instead of low.
vid 1 yes its possible but unlikely which is why it was set up in training mode with someone purposefully making seth do that kick so the crouching crane hit would count as a counter to do more damage and the chain from super to ultra only did that much because seth, like akuma has crap health.
you dont need all of these factors in marvel 3 to do an instant kill combo especially since the game has xfactor which is always there. sf4 gives you ultra for a chance to turn the match around after you have received a good amount of damage. marvel 3 threw in xfactor for no reason
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 02:18:42 PM by Swiziga »

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #7578 on: November 30, 2011, 02:19:25 PM »
True enough.

My brother came up with a combo (with his team) that can 100% most of the cast and it doesn't require X-factor.

I just don't think it's unfair that everyone keeps hating on the one fighting game (besides mugen) that I can actually play.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 02:45:28 PM by -Whiplash- »

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #7579 on: November 30, 2011, 03:01:00 PM »
True enough.

My brother came up with a combo (with his team) that can 100% most of the cast and it doesn't require X-factor.

I just don't think it's unfair that everyone keeps hating on the one fighting game (besides mugen) that I can actually play.

Remember though, 100% on MvC3 is only 33% really because the combo has to end once the opponents fighter dies, leaving two more fighters left to battle. Also, if the combo requires hyper meter that mixes up the advantage as well.

We'll have to play Whip, I have my Capt. America going strong now.

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #7580 on: November 30, 2011, 04:33:49 PM »
Remember though, 100% on MvC3 is only 33% really because the combo has to end once the opponents fighter dies, leaving two more fighters left to battle. Also, if the combo requires hyper meter that mixes up the advantage as well.

We'll have to play Whip, I have my Capt. America going strong now.

I would love to, but I haven't added you.

Edit: done.

Offline Skeletor-EX

• Artist, Musician, Video producer.
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:August 22, 2014, 10:21:32 PM
  • The truth HELPS! Not hurts... LISTEN!!
    • Skeletor-EX Mugen Youtube video channel...
    • Email
« Reply #7581 on: November 30, 2011, 05:47:13 PM »
I'm not defending this game.

IMO JDubb said it before, this game could've rode on the hype train for about 2 years before it was released.

@Skeletor I HATED the controls for MVC2. The main reason I don't like that game as much as I should've was because of having to push light twice to do medium.

That said, I wish this game had six buttons, but there's nothing wrong with this control scheme. It makes more sense then MVC2's.

SF4 has 100% combos too, in fact I hear Yun and yang are redicoulously broken, but I honestly don't know cause I don't like this game as much as MVC3.

I hear you whiplash, but in all seriousness, no I didn't like MVC2's button layout more than the 6 button lay out, but at least I had my punches and kicks separated to where I had a little more creativity with the way I wanted to combo. Let's be clear... 6 buttons will ALWAYS be superior to 4 buttons. And now, it's 3 buttons! I don't really count the launcher because it's not really a basic attack. Having punches and kicks on one button limits the hell outta what you could do! You have no choice but to do the same exact combo every single time you pop someone in the air. THAT'S WACK!! They're using 3D models as opposed to sprites, so it should be a million times easier to input a 6 button mode... And what the hell is up with the roster!!? The laziness... And again...  *Iceman ThumbsDown!*

Oh yeah! And as far as SSF4 Arcade edition, It was at it's best when they made SSF4... Arcade edition ruined it...! They messed with things the shouldn't have... Period...

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:September 03, 2024, 08:44:02 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #7582 on: November 30, 2011, 06:18:03 PM »
Oh yeah! And as far as SSF4 Arcade edition, It was at it's best when they made SSF4... Arcade edition ruined it...! They messed with things the shouldn't have... Period...

Maybe a little derailing, but it's Capcom at it's "get that money" finest. They said they were going to bring Aracde Edition to consoles because it was meant as a way to boost actual arcade morale. They even said that Evil Ryu, Oni, Yun and Yang were overpowered and that they didn't want to break the balance they created on the online console play. Then someone at Capcom said, "But guys, if we offer it to them, they'll give us money. Don't we want money?" And thus SSFIV:AE magically made it's way to a console release.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #7583 on: November 30, 2011, 06:34:32 PM »
Maybe a little derailing, but it's Capcom at it's "get that money" finest. They said they were going to bring Aracde Edition to consoles because it was meant as a way to boost actual arcade morale. They even said that Evil Ryu, Oni, Yun and Yang were overpowered and that they didn't want to break the balance they created on the online console play. Then someone at Capcom said, "But guys, if we offer it to them, they'll give us money. Don't we want money?" And thus SSFIV:AE magically made it's way to a console release.

You act like they didn't have this planned well in advance. I think they give the story to the public they want at each given time and just ignores the past when it's time for the new information.

Offline UltimateBiosparkJ

• Warrior of Redemption
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:January 15, 2022, 01:18:13 PM
  • Pallete Instructor
    • UltimateBiospark
    • UltimateBiosparkJ's YouTube Channel
« Reply #7584 on: November 30, 2011, 06:36:13 PM »
I hear you whiplash, but in all seriousness, no I didn't like MVC2's button layout more than the 6 button lay out, but at least I had my punches and kicks separated to where I had a little more creativity with the way I wanted to combo. Let's be clear... 6 buttons will ALWAYS be superior to 4 buttons. And now, it's 3 buttons! I don't really count the launcher because it's not really a basic attack. Having punches and kicks on one button limits the hell outta what you could do! You have no choice but to do the same exact combo every single time you pop someone in the air. THAT'S WACK!! They're using 3D models as opposed to sprites, so it should be a million times easier to input a 6 button mode... And what the hell is up with the roster!!? The laziness... And again...  *Iceman ThumbsDown!*

I'm on the same page as you, Skello. 3 buttons and a launcher, a wack roster (although, Deadpool, Dante, Vergil, Nemesis, Zero, Nova are on point), non-animated stories and intros, and X-Factor?! Please, I'll stick to the classics until I see a real MvC3.
UltimateBiosparkJ a.k.a J-Wizzy, Themes on Deck!!

image hosting without registration

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Skeletor-EX

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #7586 on: December 01, 2011, 02:38:11 AM »
I'm on the same page as you, Skello. 3 buttons and a launcher, a wack roster (although, Deadpool, Dante, Vergil, Nemesis, Zero, Nova are on point), non-animated stories and intros, and X-Factor?! Please, I'll stick to the classics until I see a real MvC3.

There is no real MVC3...! There's only MVC-&-MVC2... However, Tatsunoko has a part 2, and even an ultimate part 2!! They just excluded the actual Tatsunoko characters, and added what looks to be Marvel characters that no one gives a damn about! Oh yeah! That's what it is!  *Iceman ThumbsDown!*

Offline Malik

• C.R.O.M - Malik the Demon Hunter, Winner of Round 4 in Last Person to Post Wins!
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:December 22, 2012, 04:00:21 PM
  • Dormammu- ''I shall Strike you down demon hunter''
    • ecwjonhmorrison.piczo.com
    • Email
« Reply #7587 on: December 01, 2011, 02:57:39 AM »
I don't understand why everyone is hating on this game, not to mention half of you here own a copy. Marvel vs Capcom 3 was full of bull, crappy characters and even more crappy assists. The game overall wasn't that good. Now that Ultimate is out every is bashing that as well. What the hell did you expect? obviously they weren't gonna change much. However at the same time they did try to change it for the better adding new moves, taking some away, changing health and stun properties. For example, if you were to take your broken combos from Vanilla MVC3 and try to place them in Ultimate you'd be setting yourself up for an Epic Fail!

Perhaps this is just me but I am personally pleased about what capcom is doing with Ultimate, they've made over 100 changes in all. That includes nerfs and buffs, not to mention i am excitingly awaiting the Heroes vs Harold's mode, which offers a lot more to the game. Such as parrying, special moves that can cancel into special moves. Never have i seen Ryu do a Hadouken and cancel mid way into a Shoryuken. Not to mention, there are a number of future patches which will be done to help completely balance the game. I believe this game will be balanced in a few months(3-6). The simple fact for that is they released ultimate a little to early. However I'm more then confident that capcom will solve the remaining ''problems'' to this game, just don't expect it to happen in a day or two.

*Dormammu sprite edited by me*

Dormammu - ''I Will Slay You!!!''

Kratos - ''You Will Not See The End Of This Day!''

Offline Skeletor-EX

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #7588 on: December 01, 2011, 08:28:31 AM »
I don't understand why everyone is hating on this game, not to mention half of you here own a copy. Marvel vs Capcom 3 was full of bull, crappy characters and even more crappy assists. The game overall wasn't that good. Now that Ultimate is out every is bashing that as well. What the hell did you expect? obviously they weren't gonna change much. However at the same time they did try to change it for the better adding new moves, taking some away, changing health and stun properties. For example, if you were to take your broken combos from Vanilla MVC3 and try to place them in Ultimate you'd be setting yourself up for an Epic Fail!

Perhaps this is just me but I am personally pleased about what capcom is doing with Ultimate, they've made over 100 changes in all. That includes nerfs and buffs, not to mention i am excitingly awaiting the Heroes vs Harold's mode, which offers a lot more to the game. Such as parrying, special moves that can cancel into special moves. Never have i seen Ryu do a Hadouken and cancel mid way into a Shoryuken. Not to mention, there are a number of future patches which will be done to help completely balance the game. I believe this game will be balanced in a few months(3-6). The simple fact for that is they released ultimate a little to early. However I'm more then confident that capcom will solve the remaining ''problems'' to this game, just don't expect it to happen in a day or two.

Man, you still don't seem to get it... (smh) And super cancels???! Oh THAT'LL make things better... There's already X-Factor which allows certain characters TO KILL YOU effortlessly, there are ridiculously broken combos in the game that are damn near infinites, and you think it's GOOD that they're adding super cancels??? lol Rrright... That's just what we need. Faster ways to completely eradicate your opponent. No thank you sir... You mentioned the crappy characters from Vanilla, but those same crappy characters are still there! Only now, there are even MORE crappy characters that NO ONE freakin asked for! Oh, ok... Vergil, Nova, and maybe Iron fist, but still, who cares!?  The controls SUCK!! I hated Tatsunoko vs Capcom, and even though they made slight changes to the controls in this game, it's pretty much the same B/S! I'll NEVER like 3-buttons for a Capcom fighter EVER! There is no creative freedom at all...! Like I said earlier, punches and kicks on one button is TRASH!! Chibi characters in the game is SUPER TRASH!! Projectiles going over Amaterasu's entire body is retarded! Same goes for all other chibi's. I hate them...! How the f### is that balanced game play? They don't even look right in the same game together, let along work in a balanced fashion... And another thing... Some of Marvels greatest characters are in the game as CARDS!!! A card game!? WTF??? Are you serious man? I saw Blade as a CARD! This ain't Yugioh!! lol Blade should have replaced MODOK's sorry a$$! And don't even get me started on Phoenix Wright... (smh) DUDE! That could have been Samanosuke! Or even Jacques Blanc! AA is a cool game it's self, but that was a STUPID move to add him here. He's a LAWYER...! What about Batsu? Akira? Trojan would have been a better choice than PW! Man, you gotta be pullin my leg if you think Capcom has made the best choice for this franchise. They took out all the characters people loved! Dude they replaced Cable with a RACCOON whom NO ONE gives a flying f### about! That could have been Bishop!! And to correct you on one point, don't add me to the people who actually own this piece of garbage. I played it at a friends house, and haven't cared to look back since... I only have vanilla because it was a gift from someone special to me. My 5-YO son can beat it with ease, and he only plays it because he likes the Hulk. But he prefers MVC2, and or 1 over 3! WTH does that tell you? Oh that's easy, that this game is deplorable... And again I say...  *Iceman ThumbsDown!*

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:September 02, 2024, 11:37:18 AM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #7589 on: December 01, 2011, 10:04:38 AM »

Malik! :o where in the jesus sandles have you been bro? lol good to see ya pop in man.  ;D

Ok well i have to put it like this bro, i bought mvc3 vanilla because from what i saw it looked like it was gonna be cool and with todays tech i was sure i was gonna see capcom go all out and bring me very good new characters and in more abundance for my 60 smacks. but i was sorely very dissappointed that right after i got my copy day 1 that Ultimate was already in the works and that i was only getting jill and shuma as dlc? besides vanilla being a buyers beta? yes i am upset. very and highly dissappointed. the button scheme sucks period especially its Super NOOBER friendly in many ways. if your not a serious fighter than mvc3 series of new is for those people. 6 dang buttons, where da hellz is my 6 dang button? for a 2d game 6 buttons make total sense. hell i take 8 buttons, with the launcher being a seperate button. makes people force to play you and not kinda instant.

Ultimate is a slap in the face with powder on their hands. they knew this game was not done, they knew it had a ton of flaws, they knew it was gonna get slammed because of it but they also knew people would buy it.  They have people on lingering hopes that the "patch ' they will/might do will fix everything. if that was the case then they should have fixed vanilla. What stops me from buying Ultimate isnt just blatant trolling of Megaman they doing, or even the multitude of errors. its the fact that they wanna give me a game imma pay more for in the end then what i bought that shoulda been right from the start.

so i am payed full price for a beta game and now you want more money for a game thats even more broken and flawed than the beta and you want me to buy into more stuff on the game? Capcom isnt doing a very good job of gettin my hard earned money again . their job is to entice and give a quality product to us people who do work hard for our money and want a cool satisfaction for at least buying it. But again, why give us what we deserve and really asked for when they can give you far less that either and people will still buy it . Lazy, lazy ,lazy bro that is what the mvc3 capcom division is right now. My 10 year old son can pick up this game and go ape nuts awesome with it but if he challenegs me to say KOF 12 or SSF4 ae or even MVC2, it all changes immediately. < -Demonkai can tell you this. lol and my son too favors mvc2 over mvc3 but he just likes the graphics better.  :D . so in a nut shell bro, peeps are pissed because like Manolo said earlier in the other thread, they did say they gonna take us for a ride...but this time its a bike with no seat!  \-/o o.O#

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 26, 2019, 11:39:32 PM
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Reply #7590 on: December 01, 2011, 11:27:59 AM »
Anyone else starting to think mods shoul lock thus topic?

"Are you a man who likes to beat their wife? Then head on over to Topeka Kansas, because it's now legal there." - Fox news

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:September 24, 2024, 09:17:55 AM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #7591 on: December 01, 2011, 11:36:28 AM »
Anyone else starting to think mods shoul lock thus topic?
no one is attacking any one. its just a exchange of views. strong yeah. negative no. on topic yes but stretching.
And please would people stop asking for mod when people talk. thats what people mean when they talk about censorship here. (dont reply to this)

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #7592 on: December 01, 2011, 11:39:27 AM »
Besides, at least they're staying on topic, more than I can say for other forums who have this discussion (not gonna name names, but they're not MUGEN based if that helps)

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 26, 2019, 11:39:32 PM
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Reply #7593 on: December 01, 2011, 12:05:06 PM »
True enough, let me be more clear on  what I meant then; is anyone else sick of this stupid rambling enough to want this topic locked?
Now I know that wasn't really polite but do we really need to hear the same people complain about the same things for the rest of our lives? 

"Are you a man who likes to beat their wife? Then head on over to Topeka Kansas, because it's now legal there." - Fox news

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:September 03, 2024, 08:44:02 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #7594 on: December 01, 2011, 12:21:09 PM »
True enough, let me be more clear on  what I meant then; is anyone else sick of this stupid rambling enough to want this topic locked?
Now I know that wasn't really polite but do we really need to hear the same people complain about the same things for the rest of our lives? 

Free speech bro. As long as no one is getting at anyone, which isn't happening, I see no need to lock it. Sometimes venting is good for the body.

Lol, I've noticed while checking my Friends list offline that I hardly see anyone playing UMvC3 anymore. That surprisingly didn't take long at all.

Oh, and I actually like TvC. I think TvC takes more skill to play that MvC3 too.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #7595 on: December 01, 2011, 12:59:07 PM »
Oh, and I actually like TvC. I think TvC takes more skill to play that MvC3 too.
Not to mention that game actually HAS a Megaman.

Granted it's the Megaman everyone hates but wants his third game to exist for some reason, but it's still a Megaman

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:September 20, 2024, 06:44:10 PM
  • If you see this, I'm alive!
« Reply #7596 on: December 01, 2011, 01:16:11 PM »

Indeed it DOES. Before mvc3, i used to play the hell out of TvC with a friend who was very good, I always had to make sure I had more than 2 meter just to use Mega Crash and escape those deadly combos.

Baroque is the X-Factor of TvC, however it's far more risky than MvC3's Crap Factor. Dropping ONE hit from Baroque can lead you to disaster. Once ya use it, finish your plate (lol yipes)

And Mega Crash basically takes the whole reason for comboing away. 2 Meter use, plus some percentage of your health is a big amount for escaping an incoming combo...

For me, I always had to rely on Mega Crash to be able to stand a chance.
(click to show/hide)
zzz...I'm top tier...screw you Doom and Wesker...zzz

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:September 02, 2024, 11:37:18 AM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #7597 on: December 01, 2011, 01:20:24 PM »
hmmm shamefully i have never played TVC before. is it really that good and worth the buy? i am curious to know .

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:September 20, 2024, 06:44:10 PM
  • If you see this, I'm alive!
« Reply #7598 on: December 01, 2011, 01:25:02 PM »
hmmm shamefully i have never played TVC before. is it really that good and worth the buy? i am curious to know .

Well for one, the gameplay isnt that fast as MvC3. Its kinda on the normal speed from MvC2. There arent many characters but its a 2 on 2 game.
Here's an example of the gameplay, I made this video long ago.

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
zzz...I'm top tier...screw you Doom and Wesker...zzz

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #7599 on: December 01, 2011, 02:18:11 PM »
I've been interested in getting TvC (ignoring the fact that half of the cast is unknown to me) but isn't the story of the same caliber as MvC3?

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

thunderstrike eric masterson by wacky thaxie
[September 26, 2024, 06:09:19 PM]

Classic VS : Balrog by ELECTRO
[September 25, 2024, 11:44:58 PM]

Justice League Seattle Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 23, 2024, 12:14:06 PM]

Ancient Gears Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[September 20, 2024, 11:59:18 AM]

Justice League Metropolis Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 16, 2024, 11:57:49 AM]

Ultimate Mai Shiranui (FF2 & FF3) by nickfurry
[September 15, 2024, 02:27:53 AM]

Justice League Gotham Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 11, 2024, 09:41:42 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[September 07, 2024, 03:06:46 AM]

MatreroG's Stages W.I.P. Concepts by MatreroG
[September 06, 2024, 01:27:09 PM]

Justice League Flash Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 03, 2024, 10:30:40 AM]

* IMT Calendar

September 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28