collapse

Author Topic: Magic The gathering  (Read 881 times)

Offline Epicsmith93

• Aku wa yarusan!
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:March 27, 2011, 10:05:28 PM
  • Do you really wanna mess with me?!
    • Email
Magic The gathering
« on: February 06, 2010, 08:47:39 PM »
Does anyone here currently or used to play Magic The Gathering? I'd really like to see how other people in different places play/used to play. Just tell me your favorite combos or cards you may have.

Offline Ohsky

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:September 23, 2013, 09:32:07 AM
Re: Magic The gathering
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 06:38:27 AM »
I did mostly on 1997-2001. I bought some old cards on 2005. Nowadays rarely play with my sister´s bf.

I have some decks but i sold most of the expensive cards i had, though i have a red deck with haste in creatures perfectly done old style.
Open source Custom Sf3 Gouken sprites, in the open source section.

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 09:57:32 AM »
I used to play. All my cards are in boxes in storage. Didnt have that much. Had 2 decks. My main deck was a white black combo that had some nasty black mosters that got stronger if i sacraficed monsters to them.
Phyrexean stuff..

Offline Epicsmith93

• Aku wa yarusan!
  • Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 10:28:29 AM »
In 2005 is when I first started playing!  :D I recentley came back from the Worldwake Release party in my town, so I was curious on how many people on the forums play. Worldwake is such a fun set, I think anyone can enjoy it  :thumbsup: Plus there some cool new card abilities!

Offline darthrazielx

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 08, 2021, 05:22:09 PM
  • 'Till All are One.
    • Anime vs Gaming
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 12:41:50 PM »
Zombie Tribal Control Mono Black Deck, with a lots of "Grave Pact".  ^:)^
M.U.G.E.N. Best Game Never Made.
Anime vs Gaming

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 02:15:29 PM »
I used to play but probably not as much as you guys, i only have about 43 cards.

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline Epicsmith93

• Aku wa yarusan!
  • Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 02:27:15 PM »
Thats like, the size of a draft deck  /:O

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 03:15:25 PM »
I used to play competetively, but not so much anymore.

My decks are from a few years back & are probably not that strong anymore

My Type 1 Deck was

Oath of Druids. This was the deck to beat a few years ago. I believed mine was better or I played it better then anyone else at the time. All the deck was foil that could be & Yes I do have all the power nine. They came up with some deck to beat oath & it became useless, so I sold most of it off. Yes I kept the power for other builds

I also have a Type 1 hand destruction deck

My Extended deck is Goblins

Lackey's, Piledrivers, Recruiters, Sharpshooters, etc..... I still have this deck, everything that can be foil is. I still have this deck

Type 2 I played in many regional tournaments & won.

Affinity with the Arcbound Ravager was my deck. Same thing every one was running it at the time, but IO know I played this better than any of them.

Ravager & some other cards were banned in type 2 so I moved onto Tooth & Nail. My build would consistantly win on turn 3. Brutal stuff right there. I won a big tourney at Gen con with that deck & it was rotating out soon. So I sold the entire foil deck for like $500, meanwhile I picked up the deck in non foil all for about $20 walking around there all week. I needed something to play for the last few weeks the block was still in at local tournaments.

When I got board I ran this rat deck, with Jitte & Skull collector. I won a tournament with this deck & it was posted online. I still have this all foil deck somewhere

The Ravager deck I still have in all foil since it was really my favorite deck.  

When that block rotated out

I play this reanimator deck with Greater Good. Goryu's vengeance, Zombify, etc... It had Kokusho, Keiga, Yosei & some other bad @$$ creatures that I could dump to the graveyard & bring back. It had all those newer dual lands. This deck was brutal I won a regionals with it & they posted it online. Everyone started running it.

After the dragons rotated out the block, I went back to black/white hand destruction or dragonstorm. But then came these wizards & fairies & all kind of other crazy stuff that wasn't even fun to play on my opinion. So I quit the game.

I looked at the new cards & there is some really crazy/broken cards out there. The game now is not fun & bores me. I will probably never go back to it

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 03:49:46 PM »
I used to play competetively, but not so much anymore.

My decks are from a few years back & are probably not that strong anymore

My Type 1 Deck was

Oath of Druids. This was the deck to beat a few years ago. I believed mine was better or I played it better then anyone else at the time. All the deck was foil that could be & Yes I do have all the power nine. They came up with some deck to beat oath & it became useless, so I sold most of it off. Yes I kept the power for other builds

I also have a Type 1 hand destruction deck

My Extended deck is Goblins

Lackey's, Piledrivers, Recruiters, Sharpshooters, etc..... I still have this deck, everything that can be foil is. I still have this deck

Type 2 I played in many regional tournaments & won.

Affinity with the Arcbound Ravager was my deck. Same thing every one was running it at the time, but IO know I played this better than any of them.

Ravager & some other cards were banned in type 2 so I moved onto Tooth & Nail. My build would consistantly win on turn 3. Brutal stuff right there. I won a big tourney at Gen con with that deck & it was rotating out soon. So I sold the entire foil deck for like $500, meanwhile I picked up the deck in non foil all for about $20 walking around there all week. I needed something to play for the last few weeks the block was still in at local tournaments.

When I got board I ran this rat deck, with Jitte & Skull collector. I won a tournament with this deck & it was posted online. I still have this all foil deck somewhere

The Ravager deck I still have in all foil since it was really my favorite deck.  

When that block rotated out

I play this reanimator deck with Greater Good. Goryu's vengeance, Zombify, etc... It had Kokusho, Keiga, Yosei & some other bad @$$ creatures that I could dump to the graveyard & bring back. It had all those newer dual lands. This deck was brutal I won a regionals with it & they posted it online. Everyone started running it.

After the dragons rotated out the block, I went back to black/white hand destruction or dragonstorm. But then came these wizards & fairies & all kind of other crazy stuff that wasn't even fun to play on my opinion. So I quit the game.

I looked at the new cards & there is some really crazy/broken cards out there. The game now is not fun & bores me. I will probably never go back to it

DT's "The Magic Man"  ;)

:D

Offline Epicsmith93

• Aku wa yarusan!
  • Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 05:21:26 PM »
When I first started the Time Shift block was still type 2 legal, and nothing will ever be as fun as rigging the field with all my Slivers. Those were crazy fun battles. My Sliver and Merfolk decks are the only type 1 decks I own. The newer sets, are also crazy fun. I love the Shards of Alara block, because I love using my Exalted effect of adding +1/+1 counters on my creatures. But yeah, there some really broken cards like Progenatous. He has protection from EVERYTHING  *Iceman ThumbsDown!* If you get him out, then it's nearly impossible to defeat.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2010, 02:04:04 PM »
For those who haven't seen these. Here's the lands I use for my decks.

I also used to walk around with binders of these at major tournaments, so some other people have them. There were only a few I made for myself & never for anyone else. That foils Poison Ivy was one of them. I don't think anyone else ever got a Spawn Mana Leak from me. I only made a play set & I have all four of them still

(click to show/hide)

Offline Epicsmith93

• Aku wa yarusan!
  • Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2010, 02:23:20 PM »
 :o
Those are so awesome! I'd really like to see a vid of you drawing something similar to those cards on another land. Would those technically still be tourney legal? Cause if so, I'll take one of those Cap'n America Islands you got there  :D

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2010, 07:41:39 PM »
Those are awesome DT!

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline I_Burner

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:January 29, 2012, 05:08:52 AM
  • Avy by Hollow Boy aka C.D.
    • Burnt M.U.G.E.N.
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2010, 02:00:20 AM »
Heh. I actually got into MtG in the days when cards like Black Lotus, Time Walk, and Mana Drain were tourney staples. Quite a few of the people in my play group went on to play in the early Pro Tours, and I spent a lot of my time experimenting with crazy deck ideas that were meant just to disrupt the broken tier one decks they always had on them. There was always something satisfying about beating down a $1000 Godly Blue/White Control deck with my $2 Thallid/Mountain Goat deck. Good times.

I played pretty heavily up until Weatherlight, when I became too busy with other things to keep up with it. I picked it up again during IPA block, dropped it, came back after 8th edition came out and played into Mirrodin, dropped it again, and came back in pretty heavily for Ravnica and Timespiral blocks. Once I saw the first "Planeswalker" card, though, I kind of felt sick to my stomach and haven't really looked at the game since. I also had shifted to mostly playing Online, and when eBay banned buying and selling digital cards through their site, it took a lot of the wind out of my sails (since that was how I was funding my habit at the time).

I think I still have some physical cards in a box somewhere, but I sold most of my valuable ones years ago. I enjoyed the game for many years, but I think I'm pretty much through with it.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2010, 11:30:07 AM »
:o
Those are so awesome! I'd really like to see a vid of you drawing something similar to those cards on another land. Would those technically still be tourney legal? Cause if so, I'll take one of those Cap'n America Islands you got there  :D

Those are awesome DT!

Thanx guys.

To answer your questions ES, Yes they are tournament legal. Every major tourney I played in, I use those lands. I won a Pro tour event playing Tooth & nail with that foil Poison Ivy in the deck. The final round, all the judges were of course watching the match & the first land I searched for was her...lol Kind of sucked, all I got for winning was magic cards & a stupid deck box that was made out of such hard plastic, it kept breaking at the seems. I kept on super glueing it back together, since it was such a deck cool box.

If I made a vid of me drawing one of these it would be 4 hours long. First I have to tape up the entire card. Then I figure out where the outline of my drawing is going to be. I then cut the tape out of that spot. I use goo gone to strip the card so that I now have just white on the it in the spot I am going to draw. Foil cards I used soemthing different to strip, It's been so long since I did those, I forgot what I use. I know it always made me light headed, though...lol Anyway, once I have the blank spot on the card I just sketch my character in pencil, then I basically just paint it on. For some of the detail I have to use a brush with practically only a few hairs for those fine lines. So it usually take me awhile to do each card.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2010, 01:01:08 PM »
I was a white deck person myself, I prefered Pokemon nevertheless.

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2010, 02:32:32 PM »
just know very little basics of the game,from a few years back when a high school friend who had a deck taught me how to play.
I play Yugioh weekly though,but i can tell if a MTG card is kinda broken or not most of the times.
The most popular TCG's in my area are MTG and YGO(with the latter being the most popular at my locals at least)

@DT : i didn't see some of those lands before...that Spawn Mana Leak ended up awesome! :w00t:

Offline Epicsmith93

• Aku wa yarusan!
  • Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2010, 05:13:07 PM »
DT, since it seems you know a lot about vintage magic cards, do you happen to have any that gives the definition of "Banding". My friend was using a couple cards that said it, and it seemed way to over powered.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2010, 11:06:23 PM »
Banding is an old ability once considered part of the main game, but is no longer supported. Fifth Edition was the final Core Set to employ it, and Weatherlight was the final Expert-level set to use it.
Banding works during the Combat phase, and it works differently depending on who's attacking. Essentially, it lets multiple creatures attack/block as though they were one creature. When you attack, you can add any number of banding creatures onto one attacking creature (meaning your band can only have 1 non-banding creature). If one of your band's creatures has an evasion ability, such as Flying, Fear, or Shadow, but another creature in your band does not, then the entire band can still be blocked as though the ability didn't exist. (After all, if a bird is attacking together with a grounded soldier, it'd have to be on the ground with the soldier.) Each band is considered to be 1 creature for the purpose of your opponent blocking, such as if one creature can block multiple creatures. When the band is dealt combat damage, you get to assign it as you choose among the creatures in your band.

When blocking, banding is much more simplistic. As usual per normal rules, you can always block 1 creature with any number of creatures, but as long as 1 of the creatures has banding, the entire group blocking the creature is a band. As long as one of the creatures has banding, you can assign combat damage to your blocking creatures as you wish. This can cancel out Trample, as lethal damage has to be assigned to all blocking creatures before it can be assigned to the player. However, this only applies to the creatures blocking one particular creature. If your opponent attacks with 2 creatures, you block each of them separately, and one of your blockers has banding, you cannot split the combat damage between them because your blockers are blocking separately. If your 2 blockers blocked 1 of the attacking creatures, you would be able to divvy up the damage as you choose.

BTW KPT, I was also a Yu Gi Oh player before Magic. When Yu Gi Oh got old, I went to magic. For about a year I was ranked in the top 10 in the USA on Upper Decks website. I was good at my card games.

BTW Thanx, those Spawn leaks are one of my favorite cards I made. It was a pain painting him that small on 4 cards   

(click to show/hide)

Offline Whoblehwah

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:May 23, 2019, 04:17:10 PM
  • Waka waka doo doo yeah!
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2010, 02:43:54 AM »
I remember my brother and cousin used to play this a lot. I was more of a Yu-Gi-Oh kinda kid. I remember I had a pretty decent earth deck. I used to get annoyed though because I had Baby Dragon, Time Wizard, Thousand Year Dragon, but no polymersizion (however its spelled). *shrugs*

92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Justice League Seattle Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 23, 2024, 12:14:06 PM]

Ancient Gears Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[September 20, 2024, 11:59:18 AM]

Classic VS : Balrog by ELECTRO
[September 17, 2024, 04:48:07 PM]

Justice League Metropolis Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 16, 2024, 11:57:49 AM]

Ultimate Mai Shiranui (FF2 & FF3) by nickfurry
[September 15, 2024, 02:27:53 AM]

thunderstrike eric masterson by Blagoy
[September 12, 2024, 02:41:33 PM]

Justice League Gotham Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 11, 2024, 09:41:42 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[September 07, 2024, 03:06:46 AM]

MatreroG's Stages W.I.P. Concepts by MatreroG
[September 06, 2024, 01:27:09 PM]

Justice League Flash Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 03, 2024, 10:30:40 AM]

* IMT Calendar

September 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28