collapse

Author Topic: Hip Hop Discussion  (Read 12364 times)

Offline eg6gsr

• Contributor
  • Last Login:February 26, 2024, 03:24:12 AM
  • my first love
    • Email
Re: Hip Hop Discussion
« Reply #375 on: December 05, 2007, 12:16:07 PM »
Thought I'd revive this topic with some shocking news.

http://www.tmz.com/2007/12/04/rapper-pimp-c-found-dead-in-hollywood-hotel-room/

whoa......that is horrible and he wasn't even out of prison for that long.....R.I.P

my new one

Offline Esq.

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 07, 2013, 09:43:21 PM
    • Esq. - MySpace page
    • Email
« Reply #376 on: December 05, 2007, 05:50:05 PM »
Found out yesterday...R.I.P. Pimp C. Just too soon...

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:June 27, 2018, 08:24:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #377 on: December 23, 2007, 06:06:32 PM »
Well, imma revive this topic again (I feel like Criss Angel) *lol*

So who went and picked up Lupe Fiasco's The Cool? It's album of the year! Hot fiya! Wish it would get some reconition instead of that Soulja Boi mess.

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline AceWonder20

• The Ace of all Trades
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 09, 2013, 11:03:16 AM
    • http://youtube.com/AceWonder20
    • Email
« Reply #378 on: December 24, 2007, 11:44:49 AM »
Congrats to Lupe.  =D>  Congrats to u for the new rank.   =D>

I gave up on this topic a while ago to tell u the truth.
Siggy by shinrahunter

Check out my MUGEN vids here - YouTube - AceWonder20's Channel
PSN: AceWonder20

Offline eg6gsr

• Contributor
  • Last Login:February 26, 2024, 03:24:12 AM
  • my first love
    • Email
« Reply #379 on: December 27, 2007, 11:39:31 AM »
man its been sometime for this thread but anyone listening to the cool kids???? If not you should listen to "black mags" its good

my new one

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 18, 2010, 11:11:29 PM
  • When i move throught the Ghetto i drive slow
« Reply #380 on: December 27, 2007, 01:26:31 PM »
i no yall know im a wuheadbanger

but my sister got me the wutang legends cd n i gotta say it is the crap triumph is a cool song  n method man kills it

n so does ODB XD

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
« Reply #381 on: December 27, 2007, 07:48:23 PM »
i no yall know im a wuheadbanger

but my sister got me the wutang legends cd n i gotta say it is the sh*t triumph is a cool song  n method man kills it

n so does ODB XD

I wish I woulda got that to help my CD collection instead of that TRASH butt AMERICAN GANGSTER :-& :-& :-&
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #382 on: December 27, 2007, 08:01:55 PM »
I wish I woulda got that to help my CD collection instead of that TRASH @$$ AMERICAN GANGSTER :-& :-& :-&

Jay's new album? That ish is good, way better than Kingdom Come. I ain't a big Jay fan neither.

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
« Reply #383 on: December 27, 2007, 08:14:49 PM »
I wish I woulda got that to help my CD collection instead of that TRASH @$$ AMERICAN GANGSTER :-& :-& :-&

Jay's new album? That ish is good, way better than Kingdom Come. I ain't a big Jay fan neither.

I have all his other albums as well. Didnt like Kingdom Come either....Maybe I should just stick to the old stuff :-??
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline Kid Chyllen™♪

• The Young Lion
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 07, 2012, 07:13:43 AM
  • Smash Bros. 4 Coming to you in 2013 !
    • Email
« Reply #384 on: December 28, 2007, 10:19:48 PM »
Hip-Hop is dead. Thats the bottom line. All of those stupid rappers live Young Jeezy, 50 Cent, F*** all of those wack fags. The only real rappers are Nas and Kanye. If Biggie and 2-Pac weren't dead, Hip-Hop wouldn't be dead.

R.I.P Biggie Smalls and 2-Pac

Offline street_shark

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 31, 2009, 01:07:10 PM
  • hello there boys and girls...
    • myspace
    • Email
« Reply #385 on: December 30, 2007, 04:18:06 AM »
Hip-Hop is dead. Thats the bottom line. All of those stupid rappers live Young Jeezy, 50 Cent, F*** all of those wack fags. The only real rappers are Nas and Kanye. If Biggie and 2-Pac weren't dead, Hip-Hop wouldn't be dead.

i would add chamillionaire to that list. if anything, hes most likely the most influential and real artist around in the last couple of years. hes stayed so true and hasnt sold out. sound of revenge was a baddass cd and kept his flows as storys, as all the great rappers/hip hop artist did back in the day. with songs such as "crazy" and "rain" and "void in my life", you hear them and not only is it a story but its so influential. unlike todays bulls*** which only depicts crap like hoes, cash, and tight rides. regardless, cham still raps about them too, but damn he does it in a way only the great rappers did. in ultimate victory for example, "wont let you down" is about money, but he'll talk about how hard he has to work to get it, unlike the stupid 15 min men that talk about the same crap about having it and spending it all quick as if they had no worries in the world. cham owns the 21st century hands down.

Offline BigSally

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 05, 2020, 08:15:02 PM
    • Email
« Reply #386 on: December 30, 2007, 04:07:17 PM »

2pac and biggie are overated..
Lil wayne is better cuz he kisses boyz

Offline Negi Springfield

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:December 26, 2022, 03:12:38 PM
  • Got some change?!
    • Hokuto_no_Fan
« Reply #387 on: December 30, 2007, 07:06:19 PM »
Yeah.  Rap is fallin off a bit.  Mos Def always stayed consistent. 

Yeah, I want hip-hop to go back the way it was in the 90's. Good times. Now-a-days it's all about retarded dances that looks like something from the Backstreet Boys. Also, videos of girls half naked, jewelry, and the favorite of mine "I'm Hood" even though they live in a damn masion.

ahmen
 :|

Offline Esq.

• Infinity Regular
    • Esq. - MySpace page
    • Email
« Reply #388 on: December 30, 2007, 07:42:21 PM »

:D

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #389 on: December 30, 2007, 10:37:07 PM »

LMFAO!! :DxDie Ya dig? :P

Ya'll see Wayne lately? He carries around a styrofoam cup, like wtf?

Also, Lupe Fiasco keeping it real. "Dumb it Down" is a hot track, i'm glad it's a single. Hopefully people will open their eyes. I hope his next single is "Hip-hop Saved My Life"... now that is a a classic track. Right now, Lupe is one of my most def top 10 favorites.

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline Esq.

• Infinity Regular
    • Esq. - MySpace page
    • Email
« Reply #390 on: December 31, 2007, 10:54:41 AM »

LMFAO!! :DxDie Ya dig? :P

Ya'll see Wayne lately? He carries around a styrofoam cup, like wtf?

Also, Lupe Fiasco keeping it real. "Dumb it Down" is a hot track, i'm glad it's a single. Hopefully people will open their eyes. I hope his next single is "Hip-hop Saved My Life"... now that is a a classic track. Right now, Lupe is one of my most def top 10 favorites.

Man, I feel you on that Teros. About Wayne, man, I just think he tries too hard sometimes to look like he JUST came off the block or somethin...either that or he really just drinks too damn much. As for Lupe, to me, he is the best lyricist in the game right now. His creativity and overall originality is, by far, the best I've seen from an artist in recent YEARS.  :thumbsup: As an artist, and a Chicagoan, he's one of my biggest influences. 'Dumb It Down' is what's happenin, and I'm surprised by how many people ACTUALLY like it! Of course, there are still those who don't understand, or feel like he does too much, but that's what the game needs if you ask me. Break the monotony!

Also, does anybody really care about Jay-Z stepping down from his position at Def Jam? I think it might be for the best, nothing against him, but I just didn't feel he was really suited for such a role.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 11:00:44 AM by Lord_of_Saiyans »

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #391 on: December 31, 2007, 03:24:29 PM »
Man, I feel you on that Teros. About Wayne, man, I just think he tries too hard sometimes to look like he JUST came off the block or somethin...either that or he really just drinks too damn much. As for Lupe, to me, he is the best lyricist in the game right now. His creativity and overall originality is, by far, the best I've seen from an artist in recent YEARS.  :thumbsup: As an artist, and a Chicagoan, he's one of my biggest influences. 'Dumb It Down' is what's happenin, and I'm surprised by how many people ACTUALLY like it! Of course, there are still those who don't understand, or feel like he does too much, but that's what the game needs if you ask me. Break the monotony!

Also, does anybody really care about Jay-Z stepping down from his position at Def Jam? I think it might be for the best, nothing against him, but I just didn't feel he was really suited for such a role.

QFT!

As for Jay, I didn't know he was stepping down? Who's it going to go to this time, just some random person? But I agree, if he is stepping down then awesome! It pissed me off that he kept pushing Joe Budden back and back and back. It got to the point where he just left Def Jam. He got the time to put out Mood Muzik 3 which is a hot mixtape, you should check it out. Hopefully The Growth will finally be released because it's turning into the Detox. *lol*

EDIT: Haha, I just noticed what Lupe said in "Gold Watch"

Quote from: Lupe Fiasco
I like Street Fighter 2, I just really hate Zangief
Only Ken and Ryu, I find it hard to beat Blanka

Lupe's the best :P
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 05:40:29 PM by Teros »

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #392 on: January 01, 2008, 10:25:33 PM »
i like rappers that dont act fake n who arnt afriad to talk about "nerdy" stuff thats why i like wutang cuz there songs have kung fu crap n talk about kung fu moves that screw up ur nervous system or sumthin Rza was goin real scientific

BUt newayz lupe is the crap he is different also he does they skater thing but its not like "white" or watever idk these things u can explain with words

like have u noticed the blk ppl who said DBZ is the crap are the wildest mofo's in the building n they can make ne1 smile?

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
« Reply #393 on: January 01, 2008, 11:41:52 PM »
i like rappers that dont act fake n who arnt afriad to talk about "nerdy" stuff thats why i like wutang cuz there songs have kung fu sh*t n talk about kung fu moves that screw up ur nervous system or sumthin Rza was goin real scientific

BUt newayz lupe is the sh*t he is different also he does they skater thing but its not like "white" or watever idk these things u can explain with words

like have u noticed the blk ppl who said DBZ is the sh*t are the wildest mofo's in the building n they can make ne1 smile?

I hear what you sayin. Not everybody is g'd up wants to make it rain. There are other kinds of listeners in hip-hop. Its just that all that money makin, drug dealin, thugged out, get crunk, bust yo @$$ rap is whats appealing to the masses. Now its so bad that when you arent that in other peoples eyes your not reppin yo sh*t right. Im kinda goin off topic but im not. Its more of a stereotype/racial issue Im speaking of but it ties in with hip-hop and how the people are portrayed to the listeners. #:-S

:DxDie EDiT :DxDie
SORRY I HAD TO ADD THE VID TO THIS DISCUSSION
[youtube=425,350]AMIoaA6a3RE[/youtube]
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 03:44:49 AM by MunkyMouf »
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline problemchild

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 30, 2020, 04:17:24 PM
    • Email
« Reply #394 on: January 02, 2008, 03:01:24 PM »
Jay Z did step down from President of Def Jam but was to pursue future endeavors. He has announced that him and partners are going to launch a chain of luxury hotels starting in New York, and just opened a 40/40 club in Las Vegas.

Offline Esq.

• Infinity Regular
    • Esq. - MySpace page
    • Email
« Reply #395 on: January 03, 2008, 12:16:04 PM »

QFT!

As for Jay, I didn't know he was stepping down? Who's it going to go to this time, just some random person? But I agree, if he is stepping down then awesome! It pissed me off that he kept pushing Joe Budden back and back and back. It got to the point where he just left Def Jam. He got the time to put out Mood Muzik 3 which is a hot mixtape, you should check it out. Hopefully The Growth will finally be released because it's turning into the Detox. *lol*

EDIT: Haha, I just noticed what Lupe said in "Gold Watch"

Quote from: Lupe Fiasco
I like Street Fighter 2, I just really hate Zangief
Only Ken and Ryu, I find it hard to beat Blanka

Lupe's the best :P

Lol, I must've LMAO when I first heard that line...genius.  :D

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #396 on: January 03, 2008, 06:36:26 PM »
munky that dude in the vid had betterflow then hurrican chris

i get so hot up in the club i have to take my shoes off

WTF does being hot have to do with taking ur shoes off

Offline Esq.

• Infinity Regular
    • Esq. - MySpace page
    • Email
« Reply #397 on: January 03, 2008, 07:26:49 PM »

Uhhh....your feet get really nasty and sweaty from dancing so well???? So you have to bless them with the aroma for them to acknowledge your hotness...I heard it's like an unwritten, secret law of clubbin or something. I understand now! Damn, didn't realize he was that deep.... :D
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 07:29:18 PM by Lord_of_Saiyans »

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #398 on: January 03, 2008, 07:40:28 PM »

Uhhh....your feet get really nasty and sweaty from dancing so well???? So you have to bless them with the aroma for them to acknowledge your hotness...I heard it's like an unwritten, secret law of clubbin or something. I understand now! Damn, didn't realize he was that deep.... :D
ROFL

i smell BEEF between wutang clan and g-unit

[youtube=425,350]5BdLPHvDXYc[/youtube] gza disses 50& soulja boy

50 TRIES to comeback at him but he is scared shitless
[youtube=425,350]96BqTZXEcTU[/youtube]

if 50 really tries to beef with wutang clan  i BET 5 bucks the wu gonna do sum wierd ritual [youtube=425,350]27zhsc_O508[/youtube]

n tupac and biggie will come back from the dead and shoot 50 exactly 12 times or die trying O.o
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 07:42:28 PM by Triumph »

Offline AceWonder20

• The Ace of all Trades
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 09, 2013, 11:03:16 AM
    • http://youtube.com/AceWonder20
    • Email
« Reply #399 on: January 03, 2008, 11:07:26 PM »
50 out of his league tryin to f*ck wit wu-tang, to many excellent lyricists in one group.  On another note, I f*cks wit Lupe Fiasco.  He the definition of real. 
Siggy by shinrahunter

Check out my MUGEN vids here - YouTube - AceWonder20's Channel
PSN: AceWonder20

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

thunderstrike eric masterson by wacky thaxie
[September 26, 2024, 06:09:19 PM]

Classic VS : Balrog by ELECTRO
[September 25, 2024, 11:44:58 PM]

Justice League Seattle Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 23, 2024, 12:14:06 PM]

Ancient Gears Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[September 20, 2024, 11:59:18 AM]

Justice League Metropolis Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 16, 2024, 11:57:49 AM]

Ultimate Mai Shiranui (FF2 & FF3) by nickfurry
[September 15, 2024, 02:27:53 AM]

Justice League Gotham Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 11, 2024, 09:41:42 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[September 07, 2024, 03:06:46 AM]

MatreroG's Stages W.I.P. Concepts by MatreroG
[September 06, 2024, 01:27:09 PM]

Justice League Flash Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 03, 2024, 10:30:40 AM]

* IMT Calendar

September 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28