collapse

Author Topic: Hip Hop Discussion  (Read 12316 times)

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:June 27, 2018, 08:24:27 AM
    • Email
Re: Hip Hop Discussion
« Reply #475 on: January 17, 2008, 08:34:43 PM »
I get tired of hearin about wayne and plies and those like them (I know i said this before but i can't stress this enough)  Let me tell you what happened today at my school.  I go to rutherford and i live in panama city florida.  First of all black people here are obsessed with wayne and all them other dumb rappers.  Well back to the subject this dude went up to me talkin about how i like lupe and how he sucks and wayne is the best and all that other stupid s***.  He askin why i like lupe over wayne and i was like i have the right to my own opinon.  And then the dude gon be like u ain't got no right to no opinion if u don't like wayne.  he talkin about i have no option but to listen to wayne and that pissed me off.  I am 18 years old and some dude gon tell me what i can and cannot listen to what kind of stuff is that.  Its an ongoing thing i like lupe he like wayne he criticizes me about who i listen and don't listen to we get into a big argument and then he gon try to act like its all cool.  Man these black people down here need to get their lives right they ain't got no right to tell someone else what they can or cannot do or who they can or cannot listen to. >:(

Wow, dude has to be the one of the biggest Wayne riders I heard of.

Last year when I was in High School, everyone was a Wayne rider. It was pathetic. This one dude never heard of Talib Kweli or Mos Def and he says that Wayne was better than them. Now that ain't no hip-hop fan. I'd named so many people better than Wayne like GZA (a select few heard of him), Method Man, Krayzie Bone, Andre 3000, NaS, and Jay-Z. All were denied to be better.

Seriously, it was pathetic and i'm glad i'm out of that school with the fake thugs and pregnant girls everywhere(hell even teachers were too). Even friends turn on you for no reason at all except to be more "thuggin", that happened to me three times. First time was with a mexican friend. We always say racist joke at eachother because I was quater Japanese (not serious ones or anything). So it was all fun, then this other hispanic he started hanging with was a gang banger or whatever. He started acting serious one day on our usual jokes. He sent dude on me, he stalked me in the halls threating me and ish.

Second time was a different person, and it was all about favoritism even when I was the first person he knew and showed everyone to. He later made up lies saying I called someone an internet gangsta. Haha, right. The dude he was telling lies to messaged me on Myspace talking stuff like he would be my butt. He even had the nerve to bring up Lil' Wayne saying he was better than all the artist I listened to. He truly was an internet thug. *LMFAO* I later cleared that ish up though.

Third time was a couple of friends I joke with too at the lunch table. One of them one day took a joke seriosly. The random question of the day was...

"Would you have sex with Angelina Jolie or take 1 mill?". Dude answered one mill, and I said to him, "That's the first and only time your gonna get any, why run?"

He got mad or whatever and ran out the table saying crap about my gf at the time (we broke up since). I didn't care what he said, all opinions. Another fake thug, I wont go into it with the other guy, he was dumb as hell anyways. What a best friend he was 8=|

Damn that went >:-(-|

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 18, 2010, 11:11:29 PM
  • When i move throught the Ghetto i drive slow
« Reply #476 on: January 17, 2008, 08:47:42 PM »
OOOOWEEEE u shoulda started droppin all the rhymes u know from songs

be like

bee-otch  I DROP MEGATON BOMBS MORE FASTER THEN U BLINK

....dammit my older brother told me this one line jay-z said about his his gun strapped to his belt or sumthin but he said it like my tootie sum thin sumthin

THEN u shoulda dropped Cassidy punchlines

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWEEEEEEEEEEE it would have been over in a heartbeat

we all should have like a userbar "True hip hop" or "i am hip hop" it would be our lil click XD
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 08:50:36 PM by Triumph »

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 04, 2012, 03:03:17 AM
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #477 on: January 18, 2008, 10:49:13 AM »
I get tired of hearin about wayne and plies and those like them (I know i said this before but i can't stress this enough)  Let me tell you what happened today at my school.  I go to rutherford and i live in panama city florida.  First of all black people here are obsessed with wayne and all them other dumb rappers.  Well back to the subject this dude went up to me talkin about how i like lupe and how he sucks and wayne is the best and all that other stupid s***.  He askin why i like lupe over wayne and i was like i have the right to my own opinon.  And then the dude gon be like u ain't got no right to no opinion if u don't like wayne.  he talkin about i have no option but to listen to wayne and that pissed me off.  I am 18 years old and some dude gon tell me what i can and cannot listen to what kind of stuff is that.  Its an ongoing thing i like lupe he like wayne he criticizes me about who i listen and don't listen to we get into a big argument and then he gon try to act like its all cool.  Man these black people down here need to get their lives right they ain't got no right to tell someone else what they can or cannot do or who they can or cannot listen to. >:(

Last year when I was in High School, everyone was a Wayne rider. It was pathetic. This one dude never heard of Talib Kweli or Mos Def and he says that Wayne was better than them. Now that ain't no hip-hop fan. I'd named so many people better than Wayne like GZA (a select few heard of him), Method Man, Krayzie Bone, Andre 3000, NaS, and Jay-Z. All were denied to be better.

Seriously, it was pathetic and i'm glad i'm out of that school with the fake thugs and pregnant girls everywhere(hell even teachers were too). Even friends turn on you for no reason at all except to be more "thuggin", that happened to me three times. First time was with a mexican friend. We always say racist joke at eachother because I was quater Japanese (not serious ones or anything). So it was all fun, then this other hispanic he started hanging with was a gang banger or whatever. He started acting serious one day on our usual jokes. He sent dude on me, he stalked me in the halls threating me and ish.

Second time was a different person, and it was all about favoritism even when I was the first person he knew and showed everyone to. He later made up lies saying I called someone an internet gangsta. Haha, right. The dude he was telling lies to messaged me on Myspace talking stuff like he would be my @$$. He even had the nerve to bring up Lil' Wayne saying he was better than all the artist I listened to. He truly was an internet thug. *LMFAO* I later cleared that ish up though.

Third time was a couple of friends I joke with too at the lunch table. One of them one day took a joke seriosly. The random question of the day was...

"Would you have sex with Angelina Jolie or take 1 mill?". Dude answered one mill, and I said to him, "That's the first and only time your gonna get any, why run?"

He got mad or whatever and ran out the table saying crap about my gf at the time (we broke up since). I didn't care what he said, all opinions. Another fake thug, I wont go into it with the other guy, he was dumb as hell anyways. What a best friend he was 8=|

no offense to black people...but ive noticed and havent seen a black dude listen to real rap in a long time??? they all listen to mainstream money talk.       its kinda weird but i see the younger white kid skaters listen to real underground tru rap or old school gangsta....

Offline Esq.

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 07, 2013, 09:43:21 PM
    • Esq. - MySpace page
    • Email
« Reply #478 on: January 18, 2008, 12:40:17 PM »

Second time was a different person, and it was all about favoritism even when I was the first person he knew and showed everyone to. He later made up lies saying I called someone an internet gangsta. Haha, right. The dude he was telling lies to messaged me on Myspace talking stuff like he would be my @$$. He even had the nerve to bring up Lil' Wayne saying he was better than all the artist I listened to. He truly was an internet thug. *LMFAO* I later cleared that ish up though.

no offense to black people...but ive noticed and havent seen a black dude listen to real rap in a long time??? they all listen to mainstream money talk.       its kinda weird but i see the younger white kid skaters listen to real underground tru rap or old school gangsta....

Things are a little different in the Chi...we tend to have a deeper respect for lyricism than other places. But, it's really the youth that have the biggest problems and listen to more commercial ish, and that's ok...until they become adults and actually BELIEVE the crap that they hear. This, to me, is the biggest issue. People are actually comfortable in their ignorance. \-/o

edit: But you know what else I'v found? Actually, alot of the younger kids really don't CARE about the music...they just listen and try to stay current so that they can 'fit in' with the popular crowd. Whatever they're TOLD is hot...well, is.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 12:44:40 PM by Lord_of_Saiyans »

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #479 on: January 18, 2008, 02:01:51 PM »
Things are a little different in the Chi...we tend to have a deeper respect for lyricism than other places. But, it's really the youth that have the biggest problems and listen to more commercial ish, and that's ok...until they become adults and actually BELIEVE the crap that they hear. This, to me, is the biggest issue. People are actually comfortable in their ignorance. \-/o

edit: But you know what else I'v found? Actually, alot of the younger kids really don't CARE about the music...they just listen and try to stay current so that they can 'fit in' with the popular crowd. Whatever they're TOLD is hot...well, is.

True, I don't hear what adults listen to here in TN, but when I go home to North Carolina they blast mostly gangster rap in there stereos 24/7 and not the "popular" stuff (sometimes though). Also, the radio plays a lot better songs than here in TN. They play hometown artists like Nomb and such. People I never get to hear here. Wish I could get more Nomb tracks, but it's hard to find his songs because "Carolina Pride" with Anthony Hamilton is a sick song.

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 04, 2012, 03:03:17 AM
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #480 on: January 18, 2008, 04:54:02 PM »

no offense to black people...but ive noticed and havent seen a black dude listen to real rap in a long time??? they all listen to mainstream money talk.       its kinda weird but i see the younger white kid skaters listen to real underground tru rap or old school gangsta....

yup!  one artist will  be hot and everyone is all over them like flies on sh*t!  but then a newcomer that sucks even more will come and everyone will forget about the other one and jump boats.

very pathetic.....

..its so cool that yall actually know whats going on.  cause everytime i talk to someone bout this kind of stuff there like i disagree i like the radio or whatever. and they tell me the stuff i listen to suck ya kno

Offline Esq.

• Infinity Regular
    • Esq. - MySpace page
    • Email
« Reply #481 on: January 19, 2008, 03:13:53 PM »

yup!  one artist will  be hot and everyone is all over them like flies on sh*t!  but then a newcomer that sucks even more will come and everyone will forget about the other one and jump boats.

very pathetic.....

..its so cool that yall actually know whats going on.  cause everytime i talk to someone bout this kind of stuff there like i disagree i like the radio or whatever. and they tell me the stuff i listen to suck ya kno

Yep...welcome to the club Onslaught...most people around my way have me  ~X(

Offline xiceman191

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 02, 2013, 09:48:30 PM
    • Email
« Reply #482 on: January 19, 2008, 06:11:45 PM »

There are not many black people who listen to the real hip-hop and like u said they want to listen to stupid s*** like wayne and plies and so forth.  But i am black and i like listenin to the real rap not fake crap like those mainstream and no offense taken

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #483 on: January 19, 2008, 06:26:57 PM »
well i live in texas n they listen to sum of that mainstream crap but they mostly listen to trae and z-ro

who i dont like but it isnt "bee-otch made" like mainstream

Offline eternal

• GFX Capone
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:October 17, 2009, 11:23:47 AM
  • I Make It Rain
    • My Site
    • Email
« Reply #484 on: January 19, 2008, 09:17:15 PM »
Lets Get It - Shawty-Lo feat. Rick Ross, and Jay-Z

hot tracckk

http://www.zshare.net/audio/6477429d6aeb0a/

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
« Reply #485 on: January 19, 2008, 09:24:11 PM »
 :lies:

~EDiT~

Im sorry, yes the track is nice but as far as the lyricism :-w
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 09:27:47 PM by MunkyMouf »
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline eternal

• GFX Capone
  • Forum Member
  • I Make It Rain
    • My Site
    • Email
« Reply #486 on: January 19, 2008, 09:24:52 PM »
 :|

Offline eternal

• GFX Capone
  • Forum Member
  • I Make It Rain
    • My Site
    • Email
« Reply #487 on: January 19, 2008, 11:12:22 PM »
hell yeah id take the 1 mil instead of angelina jolie so i can buy some fine butt porn stars.. now u know they are alot of girls that look finer then angelina jolie  :D :D :D

webbie feat. Lil Boosie, Gorilla Zoe - Independent Remix
http://www.zshare.net/audio/6691940f5ab97e/

Offline Esq.

• Infinity Regular
    • Esq. - MySpace page
    • Email
« Reply #488 on: January 20, 2008, 02:32:57 PM »
Lets Get It - Shawty-Lo feat. Rick Ross, and Jay-Z

hot tracckk

http://www.zshare.net/audio/6477429d6aeb0a/

:|....whack....

hell yeah id take the 1 mil instead of angelina jolie so i can buy some fine @$$ porn stars.. now u know they are alot of girls that look finer then angelina jolie  :D :D :D

webbie feat. Lil Boosie, Gorilla Zoe - Independent Remix
http://www.zshare.net/audio/6691940f5ab97e/

:|....whacker than the last.... :(|)

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
« Reply #489 on: January 20, 2008, 02:39:58 PM »
 :-j i believe this is the trend that was mentioned a few posts back
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline Esq.

• Infinity Regular
    • Esq. - MySpace page
    • Email
« Reply #490 on: January 20, 2008, 03:11:30 PM »
Check this verse I wrote last night:

'The LeveL Last Samurai' -

With the sacred arts at heart,
I start the beginning of the end,
like Hiten Mitsurugi-ryu,
first subdue, then commence to spin,
send one strike to take a win,
forbidden techniques that descend,
and constantly transcend my foes,
who can't possibly defend to fend my blows,
subconciously row too slow,
to match my flow,
with the spirit of the wind I show,
how the current bends,
rapidly filling with skill,
hatred I'm spilling,
killing,
those still not feeling the real,
will meet katana blade steel
against they're futile will,
cause these eels are mere meals,
to a hitokiri with honor,
dishonor me or our crew,
the owed due:
seppuku,
a tanto straight thru you,
too few can predict the jutsu,
stay unorthodox, somewhat like Yoshimitsu,
more than a gensu will be needed to dissect my mental,
cause over the horizon,
I'm rising,
and won't settle for anything less
than the best
before I set in the mid-west,
the Hip Hop Miyamoto Musashi am I,
and before I die
they'll know the legend of the LeveL Last samurai

#:-S

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #491 on: January 20, 2008, 05:53:41 PM »

to match my flow,
how the current bends,
hatred I'm spilling,
killing,
dishonor me or our crew,
the owed due:
seppuku,
cause over the horizon,
I'm rising,
than the best
and before I die

O.o :| :| :| :| ^:)^ ^:)^ =D> :o :w00t: ;D :thumbsup:

Nice it reminds me of lupe fiasco,Gza, n inspektah deck

keeeppp it coming

Offline Esq.

• Infinity Regular
    • Esq. - MySpace page
    • Email
« Reply #492 on: January 21, 2008, 02:09:37 PM »

to match my flow,
how the current bends,
hatred I'm spilling,
killing,
dishonor me or our crew,
the owed due:
seppuku,
cause over the horizon,
I'm rising,
than the best
and before I die

O.o :| :| :| :| ^:)^ ^:)^ =D> :o :w00t: ;D :thumbsup:

Nice it reminds me of lupe fiasco,Gza, n inspektah deck

keeeppp it coming

Gracias!  :thumbsup:

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #493 on: January 21, 2008, 03:18:11 PM »

to match my flow,
how the current bends,
hatred I'm spilling,
killing,
dishonor me or our crew,
the owed due:
seppuku,
cause over the horizon,
I'm rising,
than the best
and before I die

That was sick, sick, sick! I want to hear it on a nice oriental type beat, that'd be hot! :thumbsup:

hell yeah id take the 1 mil instead of angelina jolie so i can buy some fine @$$ porn stars.. now u know they are alot of girls that look finer then angelina jolie  :D :D :D

I don't even think it was a mill, more like 100g or something. But yeah, there are hotter women out there than her... like my dream girl Jessica Alba :(|)

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline Esq.

• Infinity Regular
    • Esq. - MySpace page
    • Email
« Reply #494 on: January 21, 2008, 04:08:49 PM »
That was sick, sick, sick! I want to hear it on a nice oriental type beat, that'd be hot! :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Arigato.

It's actaully a verse I wrote for this song with a couple of my artists. The song isn't complete, but if I can I'll post my verse before the nights over.  :) I spit it pretty fast, I was able to fit it into 16 bars... #:-S
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 04:13:54 PM by Lord_of_Saiyans »

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #495 on: January 21, 2008, 04:33:01 PM »
:thumbsup: Arigato.

It's actaully a verse I wrote for this song with a couple of my artists. The song isn't complete, but if I can I'll post my verse before the nights over.  :) I spit it pretty fast, I was able to fit it into 16 bars... #:-S

Awesome, can't wait :)

By the way, I was at Best Buy yesturday spending my gift card and I was looking through the music section and I saw Cassidy's B.A.R.S. I didn't know the album was even out yet. I haven't heard any of the tracks, but I picked it up anyways. Just started to listen to it, first track is hot so far.

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline eternal

• GFX Capone
  • Forum Member
  • I Make It Rain
    • My Site
    • Email
« Reply #496 on: January 21, 2008, 04:59:07 PM »
ok no offence to anybody but what do u guys listen to? i probaly have asked this before but i dont feel like reading all the pages..
but come on.. cassidy i can handle, but it seems like u guys dont listen to like the modern hip hop, it seems you listen to the old gangsta rap and freestyles and crap like that, like Prodigy and stuff..

see if i post a song of jay-z or nas u would like it.. but if i post lil wayne.., jeezy, rick ross.. - that crap its wack..

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #497 on: January 21, 2008, 05:09:34 PM »
ok no offence to anybody but what do u guys listen to? i probaly have asked this before but i dont feel like reading all the pages..
but come on.. cassidy i can handle, but it seems like u guys dont listen to like the modern hip hop, it seems you listen to the old gangsta rap and freestyles and sh*t like that, like Prodigy and stuff..

see if i post a song of jay-z or nas u would like it.. but if i post lil wayne.., jeezy, rick ross.. - that sh*t its wack..

Because those artists suck is why. Go read their lyrics and compare them to 2Pac or Nas and you'll see. I'll name my top 6 favorite artists in order...

1) DMX
2) 2Pac
3) The Game
4) NaS
5) Lupe Fiasco & Method Man (tied)
6) Joe Budden

Others that I really enjoy listening to (no order).

Cassidy
Ice Cub
Chamillionaire
Kanye West
Juelz Santana
Luda
Andre 3000
T.I.
Talib Kweli
Common
Rakim

The closest in my list that can relate to Rick Ross and crap is T.I., but even then he is actually enjoyable to listen to. This list excludes groups like Wu-Tang by the way.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 06:32:09 PM by Teros »

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline Esq.

• Infinity Regular
    • Esq. - MySpace page
    • Email
« Reply #498 on: January 21, 2008, 05:49:37 PM »
but come on.. cassidy i can handle, but it seems like u guys dont listen to like the modern hip hop, it seems you listen to the old gangsta rap and freestyles and sh*t like that, like Prodigy and stuff..

see if i post a song of jay-z or nas u would like it.. but if i post lil wayne.., jeezy, rick ross.. - that sh*t its wack..

Because those artists suck is why.

:D That pretty much explains it...not just because we like the old, (because people like Scarface can lyrically assasinate these dudes on their best day...all while sitting on the toilet, taking the biggest dump of his life...we all know this), but because they just suck. I'm not trying to come at you wrong man, but what do they talk about? What is their purpose? Can they switch styles? Are they original? Money....money, money, drugs, money, money, money, and bitches = WHACKTASTIC DISRESPECTFULNESS!!!!  :D We just had a full blown convo about Weezy, you should check that out to see why so many people have a problem with him, but cats like Rick Ross... L-) Come on dawg,  :-j don't just buy into the hype...what makes him better than Little Bosie, Sparty Slow, Gooki Mane, Weebie, or any of those other POP STARS out there? (Yes, I incorrectly spelled some of those on purpose.) PLEASE don't tell me it's in the lyrics, *ROSS!!!*, or anything like that, cause they all say the same ish, each just has their own way of sounding animated and slow as hell. It's also PAINFULLY obvious that Jay went in on that Sparty Slow track and laced it one time...basically, you could tell he really didn't care too much about what the hell he was saying. YEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! YAY!!!!  YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU'LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :DxDie
I listen to just about anything with lyricism...Nas, Lupe Fiasco, Talib Kweli  ^:)^, Immortal Technique, Mos Def, Common, Kanye West, Pugzlee Atomz, Ice Cube, DMX, KRS One  ^:)^, Rakim ^:)^, The Game, Scarface, Ludacris, Eminem (Encore was whack), Jay-Z, Wu-Tang, (The Infamous) Mobb Deep, Tupac ^:)^, Lil' Wayne (when the boy SPITS!), and Flo Rida, because he fits in this category...SIKE!  ;*))
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 06:05:16 PM by Lord_of_Saiyans »

Offline eternal

• GFX Capone
  • Forum Member
  • I Make It Rain
    • My Site
    • Email
« Reply #499 on: January 21, 2008, 10:34:24 PM »
true.. but im not gonna stop u from listening to who u want to listen to..
yeah i listen to some of the people u got listed.

Rick Ross - Speedin Remix feat. Various Artists

http://www.zshare.net/audio/67588520ebf86c/

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

thunderstrike eric masterson by wacky thaxie
[September 26, 2024, 06:09:19 PM]

Classic VS : Balrog by ELECTRO
[September 25, 2024, 11:44:58 PM]

Justice League Seattle Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 23, 2024, 12:14:06 PM]

Ancient Gears Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[September 20, 2024, 11:59:18 AM]

Justice League Metropolis Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 16, 2024, 11:57:49 AM]

Ultimate Mai Shiranui (FF2 & FF3) by nickfurry
[September 15, 2024, 02:27:53 AM]

Justice League Gotham Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 11, 2024, 09:41:42 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[September 07, 2024, 03:06:46 AM]

MatreroG's Stages W.I.P. Concepts by MatreroG
[September 06, 2024, 01:27:09 PM]

Justice League Flash Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 03, 2024, 10:30:40 AM]

* IMT Calendar

September 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28