collapse

Author Topic: Hip Hop Discussion  (Read 12330 times)

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:June 27, 2018, 08:24:27 AM
    • Email
Re: Hip Hop Discussion
« Reply #450 on: January 16, 2008, 02:42:20 PM »
like i was going off on this one white dude cause he was telling me that soulja boi is true gangster rap!!!!  can you believe that dumb a**!  i swear if i wasent on probation i woulda beat the hell out of him!!!  but when i was talkin bout people who have heart and talent, like bone thugs, he didint even know what i was talking about!

*LMAO*
That's sad.

There is also young MC who is sick on the mic. You all should check out Corey Gunz.

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
« Reply #451 on: January 16, 2008, 02:43:31 PM »
most of the artists on the radio havent fought for shi*  they jus started flowing for like 6 months in high school and maybe had an uncle or friend who knew a recording artist and thats how they make it big now.      ....there nothing but kids now

I seriously doubt that. They had to work somehow to get exposed to the labels their on not to mention the others that may have dissed them. All artist have to have a good musical resume with consistency before a label signs them. They've gotta show that they are more than just a pop hit or gold album. They gotta be more than a gimmick so to speak. Just marinate on that for a second. And there are more than just kids in the "industry". Yeah, those are the ones you see and hear all day but they arent the only artist out there. I think your biased and completely missed what I meant. Thats not a diss but just sayin you need a another perspective instead of [-X %-( otherwise its just :-@
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline Esq.

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 07, 2013, 09:43:21 PM
    • Esq. - MySpace page
    • Email
« Reply #452 on: January 16, 2008, 04:15:40 PM »
every one is fake dude..... they copy eachother either when it comes to beats or lyrics.   in every song you hear finger snaps now.  and about whats marketable in the moment....ya thats why i dont watch tv either im against it and the radio.  oh and about the whole drugs, sex, etc. thing i said that was an example. when i said that i meant variaty,  every rapper had different type of lyrics.  too short=sex, three six mafia(old)=drugs, murder  etc. u get my point.   but now its literally no joke all the same!  "hey man i got so much money, im so much better than you blah blah"  or im fixin to hit up the club with out my shoes on wtf does that mean!   AAHGHG.  its not tight at all. or unique.   rap used to be a talent!  some one to flo in the speed of light rhyming stuff that makes sense is a amazing talent.    but a dumba** like soulja boy just reapeating soja boi that oh soja boi that oh 10 times isnt.   do u get the difference im trying to show here.

oh and no offense takin me this is a forum, i dont get my feelings hurt  8-}

Ok, so basically you're saying the same thing that I'm saying...MOST dudes on the RADIO are fake, and even if they're not, THEY STILL WHACK MC'S! I thought you were saying that that's all that it was about...I misunderstood you.

i say one thing about hip POP and people would call me a hater automatically

like i was going off on this one white dude cause he was telling me that soulja boi is true gangster rap!!!!  can you believe that dumb a**!  i swear if i wasent on probation i woulda beat the hell out of him!!!  but when i was talkin bout people who have heart and talent, like bone thugs, he didint even know what i was talking about!

\-/o...I would've smacked FIRE from his @$$! Whether they label me a hater or not, I just don't have patience for people like that. I'm passionate about this Hip Hop ish so I take real offense to words like that. It's disrespectful to the people who really do this.

most of the artists on the radio havent fought for shi*  they jus started flowing for like 6 months in high school and maybe had an uncle or friend who knew a recording artist and thats how they make it big now.      ....there nothing but kids now

Nah, you'd be surprised man, most of these dudes you hear on the radio been spittin for YEARS! They just don't have any talent, and therefore haven't grown past the lyrics of an adolescent child. I've been in ciphers with dudes that have 3 times the experience I do and I can easily blow them away...and I AM NOT A FREESTYLIST! That's why I said, 'it's all about freedom of expression, talk about this girl you love, talk about your shoes, talk about God, talk about the pen you used to write the damn verse, it doesn't matter, just BE LYRICAL, CREATIVE, ORIGINAL, AND ABOVE ALL ELSE, REAL WITH IT!' I HATE whack @$$, no talent having rappers and the people who are supporting this 'gettin' money' movement.

There is also young MC who is sick on the mic. You all should check out Corey Gunz.

Yea, I'll look into that. I've heard dude's name before...
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 04:19:19 PM by Lord_of_Saiyans »

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 04, 2012, 03:03:17 AM
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #453 on: January 16, 2008, 04:28:43 PM »
then the ones that have talent why choose to be a sell out and be loved by horny pre teens.  than  to have talent and not be known to the media but respected and well known to  other rappers or the people who have dedicated there whole life to rap.

i still believe  that most (i didint say all) rappers on the radio dont got much talent.  and they are just a gimmick man....they come and go. and they do just get one pop hit and then get a award. then there done!  they get hot for a year or 2 then lil pre teens find there new rapper to follow and ditch there old one.  dont be tellin me that im biased.  ur actin like you think i dont know what im talkin bout.  ive seen rap and hip hop evolve for 15+ years.  and let me tell you it aint going to a good direction. 

****plus studies show. and pop rappers even admited
that now there goal isnt to make a good album or good music, there goal is to make only 1 big pop radio hit that will consume everyone that is vulnerable. and guess how they make there money....BY RINGTONES!!!!  they have admitted it already.  so dont tell me that im biased or jeolous or whatever.... rappers now make there living threw ringtones.  soulja boy, hes album probobly sucks a** but 1/4 people in the US has that song as a ring tone.  whichh makes him a rich man.

Offline Esq.

• Infinity Regular
    • Esq. - MySpace page
    • Email
« Reply #454 on: January 16, 2008, 04:31:06 PM »
then the ones that have talent why choose to be a sell out and be loved by horny pre teens.  than  to have talent and not be known to the media but respected and well known to  other rappers or the people who have dedicated there whole life to rap.

i still believe  that most (i didint say all) rappers on the radio dont got much talent.  and they are just a gimmick man....they come and go. and they do just get one pop hit and then get a award. then there done!  they get hot for a year or 2 then lil pre teens find there new rapper to follow and ditch there old one.  dont be tellin me that im biased.  ur actin like you think i dont know what im talkin bout.  ive seen rap and hip hop evolve for 15+ years.  and let me tell you it aint going to a good direction. 

that now there goal isnt to make a good album or good music, there goal is to make only 1 big pop radio hit that will consume everyone that is vulnerable. and guess how they make there money....BY RINGTONES!!!!  they have admitted it already.  so dont tell me that im biased or jeolous or whatever.... rappers now make there living threw ringtones.  soulja boy, hes album probobly sucks a** but 1/4 people in the US has that song as a ring tone.  whichh makes him a rich man.

=D> QFT, I think both of you are on the same page...just a little misunderstanding.... :-??

EDIT: Death before dishonor...now that's real.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 04:40:55 PM by Lord_of_Saiyans »

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
« Reply #455 on: January 16, 2008, 05:08:20 PM »
=D> QFT, I think both of you are on the same page...just a little misunderstanding.... :-??

I understand whats been said I just think he's one sided about it & I actually do agree just arguing other points.

I dont disagree with anything you said.

But everyones aim is to get paid regardless of taste or talent. So you gotta appeal to what massive audience, aka the masses :D, are going to listen & buy. Yes there are still the grimey, gutta, old skool, meaningful, educated, non-gangsta, classic, lyrical, religious fans of hip-hop but they, like this topic, they tend to be overly critical and arent the audience to pitch a sale to.

as far as ringtones...thats just another medium of sales. if the hype was for artist to start selling tapes again Im sure they would jump on it. If it was perfectly settled on the www for artist to make money off every distributed song everyone would flock to the net.

horny pre-teens..................Im not toucing that. Im not R. Kelly or Michael Jackson.

But  all that just makes me digress to the point I made about appealing to the masses.

Yes Onslaught, things would probably be great if they went along with what your saying but I only recall it being like that in the late 80's & early 90's. its a new day & age now<<<<THATS NOT A DISS so no1 misconstrue what I said.
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 04, 2012, 03:03:17 AM
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #456 on: January 16, 2008, 05:37:18 PM »
ya it is a new era,  the era of the death of hip hop

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #457 on: January 16, 2008, 05:41:29 PM »
If Pac & Biggie were still around, you can guarantee that Hip-Hop would have not changed into what we have today. Pac made songs about some things that are popular today like gettin' money, but he did it more lyrically unlike current artist.

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
« Reply #458 on: January 16, 2008, 05:50:57 PM »
ya it is a new era,  the era of the death of hip hop
;*)) ;*)) ;*))

I honestly started thinking that around 2000 when everyone was suddenly sprung on Shawn Carter. 8=|
 <_<|...|
Now that I think about it, its kinda Jay's fault really for the half butt rapping we hear now. Really, think of the impact he's had and the tracks he's made that have gotten so much hype. Theyre not really lyrically finessed songs :-w There was a time when ppl were biting his style hard to where it became kosher and the style was par as fas as the industry goes.

anyone disagree?
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 18, 2010, 11:11:29 PM
  • When i move throught the Ghetto i drive slow
« Reply #459 on: January 16, 2008, 05:57:16 PM »
If Pac & Biggie were still around, you can guarantee that Hip-Hop would have not changed into what we have today. Pac made songs about some things that are popular today like gettin' money, but he did it more lyrically unlike current artist.
ok quit hatin on jay-z cuz he is the crap >:P

but i think hip hop is coming back becuz alot of old skool kats are coming back (these are posts from diff ppl so and album might be repeated

Ill Bill- hour of reprisal
Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx II
Nas-person of color
Common Market-?
Dr.Dre-Detox
papoose-nacirema dream
Murs- Murs For President
Royce Da 5'9-The Revival
Gza-Pro Tools
Pete Rock-NY's Finest
Papoose-?
Saigon-The Greatest Story Never Told.... i guess
New DITC album
Rakim -Seventh Seal
The Roots- Rising Up
Kool G Rap-Half a Klip
Cormega-The Inevitable

Kool G Rap - Half A Klip
Tech N9ne - Killer
Anything by Chino XL
Nas - person of color
Chico & The Man (Tonedeff & Kno)
Saigon-The Greatest Story Never Told
Royce Da 5'9" - The Revival
Lupe Fiasco - Lupend (if that's the title

Nas- person of color
Heltah Skeltah- D.I.R.T.
Sean Price- Mic Tyson
Raekwon- OB4CL II
GZA- Pro Tools (I think thats what it was called)
Ghostface (he'll probably release another album this year judging by his pace lately)
Kool G Rap- Half A Klip
Termanology
Ill Bill- Hour of Reprisal
Emc (forgot the title)
Saigon- Greatest Story Never Told
DITC
KRS-One (forgot the title)
The Roots
Pete Rock- NY's Finest
Murs- Murs For President
AZ- Undeniable
Canibus- Rip The Jacker: Infinity
Method Man
Cam'Ron
Q-Tip
Busta Rhymes
Obie Trice- Bottoms Up

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
« Reply #460 on: January 16, 2008, 06:03:47 PM »
ok quit hatin on jay-z cuz he is the sh*t

QUiT HATiN! \-/o cant stand that phrase. So typical & stupid. 8=|

Quote from: COMMON
If I dont like it, I dont like it. That doesn't mean that im hatin.

BTW i am a Jay-Z fan. I have every album xcept Blueprint 2.1 :-j
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #461 on: January 16, 2008, 06:41:12 PM »
ok quit hatin on jay-z cuz he is the sh*t >:P

I'm not hating on Jay-Z, where'd you get that assumption? I hope you meant to quote MunkyMouf because I like Jay-Z. The destruction of hip-hop is 50's fault if anyone. Him and Nelly. They were and still are big on that big booty girls shaking their thing in videos. They popularized it.

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline StarXS

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 07, 2008, 09:43:28 PM
  • Legionnaire
    • Mugen Battle Network Blog
    • Email
« Reply #462 on: January 16, 2008, 06:58:18 PM »

*LMAO*
That's sad.

Peter Gunz's son? yeah, that dude is the future, I got his 1st 2 mixtapes when he started freestylin... I'll see if I can find them on my external drive..

:thumbsup: thats the truth. when they dropped their last albums before they died, Hip Hop was at a point where it could have gone anywhere. when they died, the partners/proteges/imatators changed the landscape into whats going on now. its a real shame with all this commercial crap, qualtiy tracks are that much harder to find  :-"

I'm not hating on Jay-Z, where'd you get that assumption? I hope you meant to quote MunkyMouf because I like Jay-Z. The destruction of hip-hop is 50's fault if anyone. Him and Nelly. They were and still are big on that big booty girls shaking their thing in videos. They popularized it.

I completely agree with those 2, but dont forget Chingy. How are u gonna go around callin yourself "Ching-A-Ling"  L-)

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #463 on: January 16, 2008, 07:03:43 PM »
ok quit hatin on jay-z cuz he is the sh*t >:P

O.o idk i think  put in the wrong quote idk  :-j

soulja boys ya bee-otch reminds me of busta rhymes odl music video but i forgot wat it was called
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 07:06:02 PM by Triumph »

Offline dennis872005

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 08, 2010, 08:34:19 PM
    • Email
« Reply #464 on: January 16, 2008, 07:11:12 PM »

*LMAO*
That's sad.

Peter Gunz's son? yeah, that dude is the future, I got his 1st 2 mixtapes when he started freestylin... I'll see if I can find them on my external drive..

:thumbsup: thats the truth. when they dropped their last albums before they died, Hip Hop was at a point where it could have gone anywhere. when they died, the partners/proteges/imatators changed the landscape into whats going on now. its a real shame with all this commercial crap, qualtiy tracks are that much harder to find  :-"

I completely agree with those 2, but dont forget Chingy. How are u gonna go around callin yourself "Ching-A-Ling"  L-)

wow, what a bunch of haters

in the famous words of 50

And you should love it, way more then you hate it
Nig** you mad? I thought that you'd be happy I made it

:DxDie :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 08, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
  • Still Nutpatch but a bit more nutty
    • Email
« Reply #465 on: January 16, 2008, 07:20:43 PM »
every one is fake dude..... they copy eachother either when it comes to beats or lyrics.   in every song you hear finger snaps now.  and about whats marketable in the moment....ya thats why i dont watch tv either im against it and the radio.  oh and about the whole drugs, sex, etc. thing i said that was an example. when i said that i meant variaty,  every rapper had different type of lyrics.  too short=sex, three six mafia(old)=drugs, murder  etc. u get my point.   but now its literally no joke all the same!  "hey man i got so much money, im so much better than you blah blah"  or im fixin to hit up the club with out my shoes on wtf does that mean!   AAHGHG.  its not tight at all. or unique.   rap used to be a talent!  some one to flo in the speed of light rhyming stuff that makes sense is a amazing talent.    but a dumba** like soulja boy just reapeating soja boi that oh soja boi that oh 10 times isnt.   do u get the difference im trying to show here.

that aint true in da Cali bay rappers really do wat they say they do and thats wat i always loved about them  do u know how many mainstream rappers have gone to da bay and got shot at by bay area rappers.

like him  messy he is da realest rapper u ever met man if he says hes goin to rob u than he is really goin rob u everybody in da bay respect him my cousin tried to go up to his car once to talk about his demo and mess pulled out his pistol and spooked my cousin he robbed obi trice to lol f**k dat bee-otch.

and he shot at lil wayne too

[youtube=425,350]XPAAdSUqJ1g&feature=related[/youtube]

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
« Reply #466 on: January 16, 2008, 08:17:52 PM »
 :DxDie another great 50 diss to go along wit Thug Lordz & countless others.
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #467 on: January 16, 2008, 08:30:57 PM »

50 only cares for the money, he don't care about anything else. Everytime he goes at someone in beef he says something like...
"Oh, who cares about them, they ain't seeling any records, come to where the money is"

I like old 50, so i'm not hating, but it's true that he popularized the crap we see today, don't deny the truth. Jay-Z spits real stuff (sort of, atleast not crap like Soulja Boy) so he didn't do any harm to the hip-hop industry.

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
« Reply #468 on: January 16, 2008, 08:34:59 PM »
I like old 50, so i'm not hating, but it's true that he popularized the crap we see today, don't deny the truth. Jay-Z spits real stuff (sort of, atleast not crap like Soulja Boy) so he didn't do any harm to the hip-hop industry.

In light of that & what I said. I was talking about the laid back, ballin, im the poop and lackadaisical style that is overly used. Dont get me wrong I dont 100% blame Jay for it cuz other rappers with great skills do it too. Im just saying he familiarized the rest of the world with it and all these new comers took it as a starting point and ran with it. [-X
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #469 on: January 16, 2008, 08:57:49 PM »

50 only cares for the money, he don't care about anything else. Everytime he goes at someone in beef he says something like...
"Oh, who cares about them, they ain't seeling any records, come to where the money is"

dennis in the wors of ODB

ill Fcuk yo butt up!  XD||

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 08, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
  • Still Nutpatch but a bit more nutty
    • Email
« Reply #470 on: January 16, 2008, 09:17:16 PM »

that aint true in da Cali bay rappers really do wat they say they do and thats wat i always loved about them  do u know how many mainstream rappers have gone to da bay and got shot at by bay area rappers.

like him  messy he is da realest rapper u ever met man if he says hes goin to rob u than he is really goin rob u everybody in da bay respect him my cousin tried to go up to his car once to talk about his demo and mess pulled out his pistol and spooked my cousin he robbed obi trice to lol f**k dat bee-otch.

and he shot at lil wayne too

[youtube=425,350]XPAAdSUqJ1g&feature=related[/youtube]

any of u ever come out to da bay and see him man u better respect him or u might not make it back home

Offline dennis872005

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 08, 2010, 08:34:19 PM
    • Email
« Reply #471 on: January 17, 2008, 02:46:28 AM »

dennis in the wors of ODB

ill Fcuk yo @$$ up!  XD||

actually this is sparta

:D :D :D :D :D

Offline AceWonder20

• The Ace of all Trades
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 09, 2013, 11:03:16 AM
    • http://youtube.com/AceWonder20
    • Email
« Reply #472 on: January 17, 2008, 09:48:11 AM »

True.  The old 50 was teh sh*t.  Back when he made that "How to Rob" track.  That was creative.  He just talk sh*t and start beef when he got a new album coming out.  So many fall for it.   And Jay is cool.  The only problem wit him was the bitin off of Biggie and numerous others sh*t.  But other than that hes aiight.  Cant blame him for the state hip hop is in now. 
Siggy by shinrahunter

Check out my MUGEN vids here - YouTube - AceWonder20's Channel
PSN: AceWonder20

Offline Esq.

• Infinity Regular
    • Esq. - MySpace page
    • Email
« Reply #473 on: January 17, 2008, 03:18:22 PM »

True.  The old 50 was teh sh*t.  Back when he made that "How to Rob" track.  That was creative.  He just talk sh*t and start beef when he got a new album coming out.  So many fall for it.   And Jay is cool.  The only problem wit him was the bitin off of Biggie and numerous others sh*t.  But other than that hes aiight.  Cant blame him for the state hip hop is in now. 

That's exactly how I feel.

Offline xiceman191

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 02, 2013, 09:48:30 PM
    • Email
« Reply #474 on: January 17, 2008, 07:52:03 PM »
I get tired of hearin about wayne and plies and those like them (I know i said this before but i can't stress this enough)  Let me tell you what happened today at my school.  I go to rutherford and i live in panama city florida.  First of all black people here are obsessed with wayne and all them other dumb rappers.  Well back to the subject this dude went up to me talkin about how i like lupe and how he sucks and wayne is the best and all that other stupid s***.  He askin why i like lupe over wayne and i was like i have the right to my own opinon.  And then the dude gon be like u ain't got no right to no opinion if u don't like wayne.  he talkin about i have no option but to listen to wayne and that pissed me off.  I am 18 years old and some dude gon tell me what i can and cannot listen to what kind of stuff is that.  Its an ongoing thing i like lupe he like wayne he criticizes me about who i listen and don't listen to we get into a big argument and then he gon try to act like its all cool.  Man these black people down here need to get their lives right they ain't got no right to tell someone else what they can or cannot do or who they can or cannot listen to. >:(

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

thunderstrike eric masterson by wacky thaxie
[September 26, 2024, 06:09:19 PM]

Classic VS : Balrog by ELECTRO
[September 25, 2024, 11:44:58 PM]

Justice League Seattle Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 23, 2024, 12:14:06 PM]

Ancient Gears Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[September 20, 2024, 11:59:18 AM]

Justice League Metropolis Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 16, 2024, 11:57:49 AM]

Ultimate Mai Shiranui (FF2 & FF3) by nickfurry
[September 15, 2024, 02:27:53 AM]

Justice League Gotham Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 11, 2024, 09:41:42 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[September 07, 2024, 03:06:46 AM]

MatreroG's Stages W.I.P. Concepts by MatreroG
[September 06, 2024, 01:27:09 PM]

Justice League Flash Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 03, 2024, 10:30:40 AM]

* IMT Calendar

September 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28