collapse

Author Topic: Hip Hop Discussion  (Read 12349 times)

Offline eternal

• GFX Capone
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:October 17, 2009, 11:23:47 AM
  • I Make It Rain
    • My Site
    • Email
Re: Hip Hop Discussion
« Reply #425 on: January 14, 2008, 08:47:38 PM »
stop hatin on weezy

anyways heres a nice track Louie Bag - Blood Raw, Ft. Young Jeezy

http://www.zshare.net/audio/642494378e851d/

Offline xiceman191

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 02, 2013, 09:48:30 PM
    • Email
« Reply #426 on: January 14, 2008, 11:42:39 PM »
stop hatin on weezy

anyways heres a nice track Louie Bag - Blood Raw, Ft. Young Jeezy

http://www.zshare.net/audio/642494378e851d/

I'm sorry to say but wayne do suck he talks about the same thing every song.  Then he kisses a dude on the lips that's homo also, he is always high and plus he is a self-proclaimed best rapper of all time nobody ever said that he the best

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 08, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
  • Still Nutpatch but a bit more nutty
    • Email
« Reply #427 on: January 15, 2008, 12:03:17 AM »
it dont matter wat u say this song is killin all u guyz songs da beat is sik and its just relaxin to listen to this bay songs only ppl from da bay cali know this song

[youtube=425,350]eunn0OJJdTk[/youtube]

Offline Esq.

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 07, 2013, 09:43:21 PM
    • Esq. - MySpace page
    • Email
« Reply #428 on: January 15, 2008, 01:31:34 AM »
it dont matter wat u say this song is killin all u guyz songs da beat is sik and its just relaxin to listen to this bay songs only ppl from da bay cali know this song

Yea....no.

And I agree wit some of the comments about Wayne, the boy is ill...but he just doesn't feel the need to actually TRY anymore, and he's gonna keep doing that until people stop kissing his butt. (Not that you're doing that) I think he knows what he needs to do as far as albums go, but the fact is, he still doesn't have a classic album under his belt yet.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 01:34:47 AM by Lord_of_Saiyans »

Offline Note156

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 26, 2009, 05:49:46 PM
« Reply #429 on: January 15, 2008, 02:37:35 AM »
"Lupe is a mediocre rapper.".......

:lies:

Um i think three words will end all that talk....."Dumb it Down".

And as far as being on beat. Even though your wrong....lets say he was off beat...would it matter? not in his case...here's why.....FLOW makes the beat. When a rapper is mediocre he will only follow the beat, when a rapper is great he will morph a different style to combat the beat, making multiple different sounds you nodding your head to. This kills monotony. and gives a extended play life for the song. Honestly, there is only one rapper who has not done this and has been successful in EVERY WAY...and thats Nas.....and whenever he does a rap verse, Andre 3000.best song he ever did...."A life in a day of Benjamin Andre". The beat the dead, but his flow makes you love it.

And as far as Lil Wayne goes.Ummmmm  No? Look your boy sucks. He can't match up against ANY of the heavyweights. His metaphors (when he actually uses one) are horrible. And he just ends up making himself look like a idiot when he tries to sound profound. he's not good enough to do it.And on another note, i always was on the side of hip hop when people said it was glorifying drugs and crap. But i can't do a damn thing for "Duffle Bag Boy". Now that can take hip hop down a notch.

But if u really want something to think about, check this. Kanye West calls graduation a "Time Capsule" of what was going on today. Meaning the style, events, and in this case, who were the best. Well uh remember "Barry Bonds". He said that the reason that he put him on the album was because he was considered by fans to be the best in the game. But do you guys remember that verse??????? well........

"aye mr west we so outta here baby...

and me im mr weezy baby...yea im so bright not shady// my teeth and my ice so white like shady// ice in my teeth so refridgerated// im so ****in good like im sleepin with megan// im all about my franklins..lincons and regans//
whenever they make them..i shal hayve them// oops i meant have them, im so crazy, but if u play crazy you'll be sleepin with dasiys// its such a habeet, oops i meant habit// and my drink still pinker than the easter rabbit// and im still cole(cold) like keshias family// stole on my waist turn beef to patties// and i ate it cuz im so at it// and i dont front, and i dont go backwards// and i dont practice, and i dont lack crap// and u can get buried suck my bee-otch//.....

well that last line was hot....but the rest of it?    :DxDie   

Man that crap was hot garbage on a open fire. My point is this, Kanye knew he was wack. So this is what happens....if Wayne is considered the "best", and Kanye just overshadowed him....with plenty of help from wayne's garbage bars of course, what does that say about the Fans take on Music and hip hop today? Or better yet, what does that say about Kanye? Keep in mind, he said it himself that this is a Time Capsule. So when people are hearing this years from now, Those fans are going to seem pretty brainless in that regard. Look not EVERYTHING he says is garbage, but honestly, he isn't even close to the best....

oh.....

DivineWolf: "I'ma have to go with Lil' Wanye, being the best rapper now. Kanye's smooth too, and I like the Clipse. Camron and Fabolous, Styles P and some more. 50's 'Get Rich or Die Trying' album was his best album to me. I like a lot of artists, but my I-pod is filled with Lil' Wayne"

No offense dude but how do you have   Clipse....styles P....fab....with...Wayne?

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:June 27, 2018, 08:24:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #430 on: January 15, 2008, 02:02:02 PM »
[youtube=425,350]7XJKIK3JQk8[/youtube]

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
« Reply #431 on: January 15, 2008, 02:22:43 PM »
*lol* Lil' Wayne. He can't flow to save his life. He used to, but now he thinks he's the greatest rapper alive, he thinks he can just talk and it sound good. Well, he needs to rethink that.

Agreed. Used to is the key phrase here. He's been rappin like 50, Fat Joe & Rick Ross. Just lazy as crap! You cant talk on a hot track and make it rhyme [-X

*this is the best description for rap right now*

Quote from: JOE BUDDEN
I see creativity dying fast
I'm glad producers charge so high for they tracks (tell em why though)
Now they do it all, you just applying the rap
Honestly now, it's not the economy's down
Now rap dudes suck they own pee hole
The wacker the music the bigger the ego
Fans left suffering, gasping!
And it's embarassing! Jump Off I'm the aspirin
I'm still hungry, I'm still fasting
Y'all fade out, I'm just getting it cracking

JUST TO PROVE MY POINT :-& :-& THIS IS TRASH!
[youtube=425,350]XEz2FeEwb74[/youtube]
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #432 on: January 15, 2008, 02:41:06 PM »
Naw, Ludacris can't be trash. *lol* Luda's crazy...

"I was allergic to the roof on tha cutty
So I took the top off like a playboy bunny
"

Everything else sucked on that song. Jeezy, like Wayne, can be a hit or miss when it comes to a verse. Though, I haven't heard one good Wayne verse since his album Tha Block Is Hot, except maybe the song "Neck of the Woods". I also don't see how Jeezy gets all them hot as hell beats for such a medicore rapper that he is.

Joe Budden is truth though, I want him to blow up. One of my favorite rappers.

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline Esq.

• Infinity Regular
    • Esq. - MySpace page
    • Email
« Reply #433 on: January 15, 2008, 04:00:25 PM »
I'm with Teros, Luda can be silly, but he's never flat out whack. Ludacris is the only artist on the mainstream scene right now that I can still listen to and laugh at, besides Kanye. These other dudes give their best just trying to be half as clever as Luda is when he's just playing around! I've got to be the only dude that is not really impressed with Joe Budden though...it's been awhile since I last gave him an ear, with all this buzz around him I guess I need to try again. I hate Young Jeezy, a pure example of whack rapper, with stellar production. People only really like Jeezy because of the lag...oops, I mean swag he has on a track...Ayyyyyyy!!!!!! CHYEA!!!! Rick Ross?!  (:|

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
« Reply #434 on: January 15, 2008, 04:09:09 PM »
Rick Ross?!  (:|

exactly. I cant believe he made a track wit Free %-(
[youtube=425,350]7dcvpqYdzwA[/youtube]
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline DivineWolf

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 16, 2023, 09:17:46 PM
  • Last of a Dying Breed
    • Email
« Reply #435 on: January 15, 2008, 05:10:57 PM »
stop hatin on weezy

That's what's up right there. I hear a lot of hatin', but ain't none of ya'll doing what he does, I'll just leave it to that. To each his own. Also, How do I put Wayne with the other artists? Because it's my opinion/preferences..... Thought that would be obvious.... :-??

Anyway, I have a appreciation for the rap game as a whole, and don't hate on anyone, because any rapper can improve and come up. One more thing, forgot to say my boy Snoop Dogg.  :thumbsup:

Userbar - Akeme
R.I.P Reu
R.I.P Macho Man Randy Savage

"Let me show you..."

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #436 on: January 15, 2008, 05:34:59 PM »
That's what's up right there. I hear a lot of hatin', but ain't none of ya'll doing what he does, I'll just leave it to that. To each his own. Also, How do I put Wayne with the other artists? Because it's my opinion/preferences..... Thought that would be obvious.... :-??

Anyway, I have a appreciation for the rap game as a whole, and don't hate on anyone, because any rapper can improve and come up. One more thing, forgot to say my boy Snoop Dogg.  :thumbsup:

I know it's your opinion that you like him and all, no one is stopping you from listening to him. But be real man, he isn't one of the best, far from it. This just isn't good lyrics.

Quote from: Lil' Wayne from "I'm So Hood Remix"
I’m so Hollywood, New Orleans
Lilweezyana
home sweet home depot
you will need a hammer
it go down like fraiser
I ain’t talking Kelsey grammer
I be shitting on your boys I need
an alka-seltzer sandwich
Since I heard Plies I done
brought the phantom back
Went and got me a 52 inch
Maybach
I'm eating like a big dog
I’m so full, I’m so good
I’m so straight, you so fake
I’m so real, I'm so hood

Quote from: Lil' Wayne from "We're Takin Over"
I am the beast
Feed me rappers or feed me beats
I am untamed, I need a leash
I am insane, I need a shrink
I love brain, I need a leech
Why complain on easy streets?
I don't even talk, I let the Visa speak
and I like, my sprite easter pink
And my wrist special pah but the Mula's cooler
I have more jewels than your jeweler
Touch and I will bust your medulla
That's a bullethole, it is not a tumor
Red light! Red light! Stop your rumors
I stay on track like a box of Pumas
Now just r-r-rock with Junior
I am the little big Kahuna, y'dig
?

I bolded the worst parts... oh wait :P

One part that could have been a good punchline was...

"home sweet home depot
you will need a hammer"

That if said differently would of sounded good.

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 18, 2010, 11:11:29 PM
  • When i move throught the Ghetto i drive slow
« Reply #437 on: January 15, 2008, 05:42:17 PM »
i just hear raekwons heaven or hell n it is one of the best songs ive ever heard

um n about the hatin of lil wayne

we are Rap FANs not Rappers so we are entitled to say if sum1 sucks or not we did not say wecan rap better then lil wayne  we put other pppl who are in the rap game who can rap better then lil wayne

Offline Esq.

• Infinity Regular
    • Esq. - MySpace page
    • Email
« Reply #438 on: January 15, 2008, 06:11:18 PM »
i just hear raekwons heaven or hell n it is one of the best songs ive ever heard

um n about the hatin of lil wayne

we are Rap FANs not Rappers so we are entitled to say if sum1 sucks or not we did not say wecan rap better then lil wayne  we put other pppl who are in the rap game who can rap better then lil wayne

I beg to differ on that Triumph, I feel like Hip Hop IS the people...we're the ones who're supposed to decide who's hot and who's not...and that's what I've been saying, we're just not in full control of it anymore, so the people who really deserve the limelight often don't get to shine because of all the money blinding the eyes of the people's mind. Read that last thought back as a lyric and it's STILL deeper than most these cats you're hearing on the radio. I'm not saying I'm the best, hell, I'm far from it. But I KNOW even I'm better than alot of these dudes out there right now. I don't hate, I keep it real...and Wayne to me is good, he just doesn't care about what he says most of the time, he doesn't even try. That's the real beef...alot of  :-@

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 08, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
  • Still Nutpatch but a bit more nutty
    • Email
« Reply #439 on: January 15, 2008, 09:29:06 PM »

Yea....no.

And I agree wit some of the comments about Wayne, the boy is ill...but he just doesn't feel the need to actually TRY anymore, and he's gonna keep doing that until people stop kissing his @$$. (Not that you're doing that) I think he knows what he needs to do as far as albums go, but the fact is, he still doesn't have a classic album under his belt yet.

prolly not da best but u got to admit the beat is wonderful on that song well he was one of da best until he got shot he died just like tupac actually it was novermber 1, 2004 2 days before my birthday when some kansas city hater shot and killed him almost the same way tupac was shot in his car. man when he died it hit the bay hard he was da best in bay area cali and he aint really even trying on this song. R.I.P Mac Dre

Offline eternal

• GFX Capone
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:October 17, 2009, 11:23:47 AM
  • I Make It Rain
    • My Site
    • Email
« Reply #440 on: January 15, 2008, 10:47:13 PM »
lil wayne 1000 degreez (Im me)

&feature=related

Offline AceWonder20

• The Ace of all Trades
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 09, 2013, 11:03:16 AM
    • http://youtube.com/AceWonder20
    • Email
« Reply #441 on: January 16, 2008, 09:48:05 AM »
I put Lil Wayne in my rollercoaster catagory.  When he really spit he's up there, when he toy rappin(like most of his recent tracks) he just bad.  Besides when has Lil Wayne gotten political on a track(no really I dont know)?  The best rappers are the ones u dont hear on the radio cause they still hungry.  They aint lettin the fame go to they heads.
Siggy by shinrahunter

Check out my MUGEN vids here - YouTube - AceWonder20's Channel
PSN: AceWonder20

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 04, 2012, 03:03:17 AM
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #442 on: January 16, 2008, 11:02:05 AM »
I put Lil Wayne in my rollercoaster catagory.  When he really spit he's up there, when he toy rappin(like most of his recent tracks) he just bad.  Besides when has Lil Wayne gotten political on a track(no really I dont know)?  The best rappers are the ones u dont hear on the radio cause they still hungry.  They aint lettin the fame go to they heads.

well duh. well its good that u know! :)      the people who still are listening to lil wayne and weezie and think there so good really havent been out side of the radio/pop world when it comes to rap.   lil wayne and weezie aint real rap, i consider them pop (i call it hip pop).  there tracks would be in the NOW cds between fall out boy and kelly clarkson and sh*t. lmao...  when it comes to underground artist its all rap, what it really is.  it aint bout hitting up the clubs 24 7 or i got so much money, shovin it in my face and stuff.    rap was bout these 5 things.... smokin weed, sex, gangs, talkin s**t, and livin hard lives.   not about chillin at the club like a fa**ot.   

no offense to the people who like weezie.....but he is the worst not only rapper but artist ever.  ive never been more annoyed by something.

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #443 on: January 16, 2008, 11:04:13 AM »
anybody heard of jin....that dude goes off hard!   hes asain....if your truly into rap i suggest checkin him out especially his freestyle demos  ^:)^

Offline Esq.

• Infinity Regular
    • Esq. - MySpace page
    • Email
« Reply #444 on: January 16, 2008, 01:41:01 PM »
Yea, we know bout Jin...and the boy is a freestyle beast, just doesn't make good albums, not a great songwriter. At least, that's in my opinion.  :-?? Cassidy to me is the same way.

rap was bout these 5 things.... smokin weed, sex, gangs, talkin s**t, and livin hard lives.   not about chillin at the club like a fa**ot.

:lies:

:-j You serious dude? Then if that's the case, nothing has really changed much at all...just the scenery.  ;*)) Ok check this out, if Hip Hop/Rap=Life, all that happens in life is 'smokin weed, sex, gangs, talkin s**t, and livin hard lives?' Hardly man. It's all about freedom of expression, talk about this girl you love, talk about your shoes, talk about God, talk about the pen you used to write the damn verse, it doesn't matter, just BE LYRICAL, CREATIVE, ORIGINAL, AND ABOVE ALL ELSE, REAL WITH IT! That's the essence of Hip Hop...and by saying what you said, you're limiting the game, which is no different from what the radio and television networks have done. They limit it to what's marketable at the moment, which just happens to be the club scene right now. Now, you get all these cats who don't have a creative bone in their body trying to imitate and emulate crap to fit whatever's 'hot' at the moment to make a quick buck...hence our present situation. My fault dude, I wasn't trying to jump on you or bring you down...it's just that that kind of thinking is what landed us in this position in the first place. Hip Hop can be anything you make it. But good, quality music is something different entirely. It used to be, even if you didn't like a particular MC, you respected his craft...where has that gone?

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #445 on: January 16, 2008, 01:51:20 PM »
every one is fake dude..... they copy eachother either when it comes to beats or lyrics.   in every song you hear finger snaps now.  and about whats marketable in the moment....ya thats why i dont watch tv either im against it and the radio.  oh and about the whole drugs, sex, etc. thing i said that was an example. when i said that i meant variaty,  every rapper had different type of lyrics.  too short=sex, three six mafia(old)=drugs, murder  etc. u get my point.   but now its literally no joke all the same!  "hey man i got so much money, im so much better than you blah blah"  or im fixin to hit up the club with out my shoes on wtf does that mean!   AAHGHG.  its not tight at all. or unique.   rap used to be a talent!  some one to flo in the speed of light rhyming stuff that makes sense is a amazing talent.    but a dumba** like soulja boy just reapeating soja boi that oh soja boi that oh 10 times isnt.   do u get the difference im trying to show here.

oh and no offense takin me this is a forum, i dont get my feelings hurt  8-}

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #446 on: January 16, 2008, 01:55:20 PM »
for the people who hate mike jones, hear "you got wrecked" by ex swisha house partner chamillionaire.   he DESTROYS mike jones, he pretty much exposes him bad!

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
« Reply #447 on: January 16, 2008, 02:22:27 PM »
Hip Hop can be anything you make it. But good, quality music is something different entirely. It used to be, even if you didn't like a particular MC, you respected his craft...where has that gone?

:thumbsup: Im feelin that 100%.

As much as I may talk poop and diss all these artist b/c of my personal preference and what they lack...I still gotta show love cuz they doin it. Im not a rapper. I make beats on a local level. So, I gotta respect the fact that they got enough swag to get on the "INDUSTRY" level. That takes a lot of work regardless if you like it or not. Trust me, there are a gang of artist I hate that are "industry" b/c I know they gotta make what sells and not do them. But on the other hand you gotta be happy for them cuz they gettin that exposure they fought for plus the pay. The funny thing is POP culture would automatically label anyone that dosnt follow the trends as a hater. I really cant stand that word either b/c it is misused so much.
 :)
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #448 on: January 16, 2008, 02:29:09 PM »
Hip Hop can be anything you make it. But good, quality music is something different entirely. It used to be, even if you didn't like a particular MC, you respected his craft...where has that gone?

As much as I may talk poop and diss all these artist b/c of my personal preference and what they lack...I still gotta show love cuz they doin it. Im not a rapper. I make beats on a local level. So, I gotta respect the fact that they got enough swag to get on the "INDUSTRY" level. That takes a lot of work regardless if you like it or not. Trust me, there are a gang of artist I hate that are "industry" b/c I know they gotta make what sells and not do them. But on the other hand you gotta be happy for them cuz they gettin that exposure they fought for plus the pay. The funny thing is POP culture would automatically label anyone that dosnt follow the trends as a hater. I really cant stand that word either b/c it is misused so much.

yup

i say one thing about hip POP and people would call me a hater automatically

like i was going off on this one white dude cause he was telling me that soulja boi is true gangster rap!!!!  can you believe that dumb a**!  i swear if i wasent on probation i woulda beat the hell out of him!!!  but when i was talkin bout people who have heart and talent, like bone thugs, he didint even know what i was talking about!

but bottom line now is.....  in order to be rich and stuff you dont even have to be a good rapper at all! you can be a 16 yr old thats been rapping for like 6 months and be played on the radio.      YOU JUST HAVE TO KNOW SOME PEOPLE THAT KNOW SOME PEOPLE THESE DAYS.

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #449 on: January 16, 2008, 02:32:42 PM »

most of the artists on the radio havent fought for shi*  they jus started flowing for like 6 months in high school and maybe had an uncle or friend who knew a recording artist and thats how they make it big now.      ....there nothing but kids now

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

thunderstrike eric masterson by wacky thaxie
[September 26, 2024, 06:09:19 PM]

Classic VS : Balrog by ELECTRO
[September 25, 2024, 11:44:58 PM]

Justice League Seattle Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 23, 2024, 12:14:06 PM]

Ancient Gears Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[September 20, 2024, 11:59:18 AM]

Justice League Metropolis Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 16, 2024, 11:57:49 AM]

Ultimate Mai Shiranui (FF2 & FF3) by nickfurry
[September 15, 2024, 02:27:53 AM]

Justice League Gotham Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 11, 2024, 09:41:42 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[September 07, 2024, 03:06:46 AM]

MatreroG's Stages W.I.P. Concepts by MatreroG
[September 06, 2024, 01:27:09 PM]

Justice League Flash Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 03, 2024, 10:30:40 AM]

* IMT Calendar

September 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28