collapse

Author Topic: Hip Hop Discussion  (Read 12348 times)

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 18, 2010, 11:11:29 PM
  • When i move throught the Ghetto i drive slow
Re: Hip Hop Discussion
« Reply #400 on: January 03, 2008, 11:20:14 PM »
50 out of his league tryin to f*ck wit wu-tang, to many excellent lyricists in one group.  On another note, I f*cks wit Lupe Fiasco.  He the definition of real. 
Preach

n i forgot about lupe's new

CD cuz i heard the stream of his songs along time go n i thought it was tight but i forgot n his music got overshadowed

Offline Note156

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 26, 2009, 05:49:46 PM
« Reply #401 on: January 05, 2008, 06:58:54 AM »
GZA didn't really have to bring up soulja Boy's little butt.And if he did have to, he should of done it differently. It made it seem as if he was picking a beef with a 16 year old.But I find it funny though how 50 wants to comment on insulting people based on age when he mentioned ja rules kids on that record backdown....."your dirty butt kids, i'll f*cking erase them." Kind of a contradiction isn't is? But i guess thats what his whole career is now based on.

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
« Reply #402 on: January 05, 2008, 07:18:58 AM »
50=GARBAGE :-& He cant see the WU! Even Shaheem or the Killer Bee's could eat him up lyrically.....PLEASE! 50 needs to  ^:)^ He always wanna beef when he gotta new record in the works, excuse me I meant garbage.

GZA really didnt need to get on Soulja but the boy is wack. Yeah, he got his lil' dance move on but if you catch his freestyle vids online :-w
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline AceWonder20

• The Ace of all Trades
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 09, 2013, 11:03:16 AM
    • http://youtube.com/AceWonder20
    • Email
« Reply #403 on: January 05, 2008, 01:21:27 PM »
Yeah, he got his lil' dance move on but if you catch his freestyle vids online :-w

LMAO   :D :D

Idk  I think Soulja Boy watched "You Got Served" too many times or sumthin.  He should just do backup dancing for pop stars.
Siggy by shinrahunter

Check out my MUGEN vids here - YouTube - AceWonder20's Channel
PSN: AceWonder20

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:June 27, 2018, 08:24:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #404 on: January 05, 2008, 02:49:22 PM »
GZA didn't really have to bring up soulja Boy's little @$$.And if he did have to, he should of done it differently. It made it seem as if he was picking a beef with a 16 year old.But I find it funny though how 50 wants to comment on insulting people based on age when he mentioned ja rules kids on that record backdown....."your dirty @$$ kids, i'll f*cking erase them." Kind of a contradiction isn't is? But i guess thats what his whole career is now based on.

That and Tony Yayo slapping a kid for wearing a Geffen Records shirt (the label Game is from).

50 may be a punk and all, but he is funny as hell to watch. Him and his crew act like morons on tv. Like a couple months back I remember 50 and the G-Unit were hosting Rap City, h/o i'm going to find some clips...

50 - "Lil' Wayne is a good rapper, but he don't make good songs on his own"

*lol*

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline problemchild

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 30, 2020, 04:17:24 PM
    • Email
« Reply #405 on: January 05, 2008, 05:52:15 PM »
Interscope-Geffen are pratically the same label they merged. They are saying Tony slapped a kid wearing a CZAR entertainment shirt. The kid turned out to be Jimmie Henchman's son owner of CZAR entertainment and Game's manager. 50 been dissing Wu for awhile especially when he first started, he used to diss Ghostface. The Wu need to reunite and RZA needs to pay them. The last time I saw Cappadonna on TV he was talking about how him and crackheads steal stuff amd him doing taxi rides illegally tryin to get paid.

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
« Reply #406 on: January 05, 2008, 06:42:45 PM »

OMG ;*)) ;*)) ;*)) :D :D :D Percy Miller preaching life to Curtis Jackson :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie OMG

*I cant stop the tears of laughter

50 is so fuxn fake mann
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #407 on: January 09, 2008, 07:03:52 PM »
booty bump

Offline xiceman191

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 02, 2013, 09:48:30 PM
    • Email
« Reply #408 on: January 13, 2008, 07:47:39 PM »
To be honest i believe the best hip-hop artist of all would be lupe fiasco.  Now u can disagree wit me all u want but that dude got some serious flow.  I think he is one of the most underrated rappers of this time.  U may also disagree wit me on this but i get tired of people talkin about Lil Wayne is the best rapper alive and plies and lil boosie.  All them rappers give black people a bad name makin it seem like all we care about is money, cars, bein thugs, wearin all this bling, wearin grills on their teeth, and most importantly degrading women.  Those rappers and many other rappers seen on bet most of the time make people think that no black people are educated and all black people act that way and so forth. 
The reason why i like lupe so much because he has strayed away from the mainstream with songs like kick push, hurt me soul, dumb it down.  I think that many people don't like lupe because of kick push which is about skateboarding and that is ignorant because it shows that people want to hear something dumbed down and what makes black people look stupid.  In his song dumb it down he talks about how rappers dumb down their music so that they can get played on tv and radio.  Dont get me wrong there are many other good rappers like mos def, freestyle (Arsonists), that talk about things other than that mainstream stuff

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #409 on: January 13, 2008, 08:28:31 PM »
hmm i think lupe is good but not the best

BUt it is ur opinion n i respect it

PLIES SUks penis he cant rap worth sh*t with that nasty ghetto @$$ accent i cant understand a dam word he sayin
he sounds like a dog that got hit on an intersection

Offline xiceman191

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 02, 2013, 09:48:30 PM
    • Email
« Reply #410 on: January 13, 2008, 08:36:42 PM »
hmm i think lupe is good but not the best

BUt it is ur opinion n i respect it

PLIES SUks penis he cant rap worth sh*t with that nasty ghetto @$$ accent i cant understand a dam word he sayin
he sounds like a dog that got hit on an intersection
yo thanks for not gettin into a rage about me sayin that lupe is the best rapper.    Usually people insult me for even listining to lupe.When i said best rapper i meant my personal favorite i know there are better rappers but he is my personal favorite

Offline dennis872005

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 08, 2010, 08:34:19 PM
    • Email
« Reply #411 on: January 13, 2008, 09:04:40 PM »
To be honest i believe the best hip-hop artist of all would be lupe fiasco.  Now u can disagree wit me all u want but that dude got some serious flow.  I think he is one of the most underrated rappers of this time.  U may also disagree wit me on this but i get tired of people talkin about Lil Wayne is the best rapper alive and plies and lil boosie.  All them rappers give black people a bad name makin it seem like all we care about is money, cars, bein thugs, wearin all this bling, wearin grills on their teeth, and most importantly degrading women.  Those rappers and many other rappers seen on bet most of the time make people think that no black people are educated and all black people act that way and so forth. 
The reason why i like lupe so much because he has strayed away from the mainstream with songs like kick push, hurt me soul, dumb it down.  I think that many people don't like lupe because of kick push which is about skateboarding and that is ignorant because it shows that people want to hear something dumbed down and what makes black people look stupid.  In his song dumb it down he talks about how rappers dumb down their music so that they can get played on tv and radio.  Dont get me wrong there are many other good rappers like mos def, freestyle (Arsonists), that talk about things other than that mainstream stuff

he is a mediocre rapper. he is not on beat and he's style just does not go with the new song superstar. he should learn music and then start rapping.

Offline Esq.

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 07, 2013, 09:43:21 PM
    • Esq. - MySpace page
    • Email
« Reply #412 on: January 13, 2008, 09:50:38 PM »

Yo, there're just a few things I saw wrong in your post...and let me get this out the way early, I think Lupe IS the best lyricist out RIGHT NOW. Can anyone name an artist who is as lyrically diverse and original as Lupe Fiasco? I'd like to hear that...but firstly 'Kick, Push' isn't actually ABOUT skateboarding, that's just how they promoted it. It's actually about the struggle of a young man growing up and trying to make a living. The entire song is one big metaphor. Genius. Secondly, I've gotten to a place where I don't so much blame these whack butt MC's entirely for what's happening in Hip Hop, nah, instead I look at the networks, BET, MTV, and blame them for being so biased and hypocritical as to only promote this crap, but at the same time, run campaigns against the very kind of music that they promoted in the first place! It's stupid. Then I blame the people who BUY this garbage. WE as a people used to control Hip Hop, but for too long it's just been out of our hands, run by these umbrella corporations that could give a crap less about the actual artistry behind the music, or the people who actually listen to it. It's just sickening to see 50 different people doing the same things, using the exact same formulas, and honestly believing themselves to be better than those who've paved the way for them. If this is 'evolution,' why is it that it's becoming less and less sophiticated? People are afraid to think for themselves these days, and it becomes apparent in looking at our music. Hip Hop is supposed to be a tool, a reflection of the people...well, if that's the case, then we are pretty damn linear as a people. The resume for a 'rapper' has become so simple that it's not even viewed as a skill, EVERYONE can rap...as long as people can dance to it. Haha, we're not evolving, we're reverting...back to the chuck and jive for the man. It's a complete mockery of what Hip Hop stood, and still stands for. I say, if I can't listen to a dude acapella and feel the lyrics...then you're just another whack MC.

he is a mediocre rapper. he is not on beat and he's style just does not go with the new song superstar. he should learn music and then start rapping.

:| It's comments like these that bother me most...should I even respond? I'll just ask you this first, do you understand what he's even talking about in 'Superstar'? Have you REALLY listened to it? Trust me, I'm a musician, so I REALLY know music...and he is always on beat, just rides a different rhythm. Most people only think on the downbeat...and he's just not one of them. Also, you KNOW the MC is supposed to control the beat right? Not the other way around... #:-S

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #413 on: January 14, 2008, 02:09:49 AM »
Yo, there're just a few things I saw wrong in your post...and let me get this out the way early, I think Lupe IS the best lyricist out RIGHT NOW. Can anyone name an artist who is as lyrically diverse and original as Lupe Fiasco? I'd like to hear that...but firstly 'Kick, Push' isn't actually ABOUT skateboarding, that's just how they promoted it. It's actually about the struggle of a young man growing up and trying to make a living. The entire song is one big metaphor. Genius. Secondly, I've gotten to a place where I don't so much blame these whack @$$ MC's entirely for what's happening in Hip Hop, nah, instead I look at the networks, BET, MTV, and blame them for being so biased and hypocritical as to only promote this crap, but at the same time, run campaigns against the very kind of music that they promoted in the first place! It's stupid. Then I blame the people who BUY this garbage. WE as a people used to control Hip Hop, but for too long it's just been out of our hands, run by these umbrella corporations that could give a crap less about the actual artistry behind the music, or the people who actually listen to it. It's just sickening to see 50 different people doing the same things, using the exact same formulas, and honestly believing themselves to be better than those who've paved the way for them. If this is 'evolution,' why is it that it's becoming less and less sophiticated? People are afraid to think for themselves these days, and it becomes apparent in looking at our music. Hip Hop is supposed to be a tool, a reflection of the people...well, if that's the case, then we are pretty damn linear as a people. The resume for a 'rapper' has become so simple that it's not even viewed as a skill, EVERYONE can rap...as long as people can dance to it. Haha, we're not evolving, we're reverting...back to the chuck and jive for the man. It's a complete mockery of what Hip Hop stood, and still stands for. I say, if I can't listen to a dude acapella and feel the lyrics...then you're just another whack MC.

QF.MF.T! XD||

I think Talib Kweli and Andre 3000 are also one of the best lyricst out now. Andre made Walk it Out listenable, and the verse was hot.

"Your white-tee well to me, look like a night gown
Make your mama proud, take that thing two sizes down
Then you can be the man that your are, or what you could be
I can give a damn about your cars but then that would be
"

Haha, he cracks me up.

Huh? Saying he's a medicore artist and saying you don't like his flow are two different things you know. He's far from medicore. Is there even medicore artists anymore? There is horrible, then you got lyrical. Horrible is all this crap on the radio like 50 cent and ish. I'll admit, GRODT 50 was good, but then he got drawn to the money and only spits that crap you hear. He dumbed down, he was never lyricist, but that doesn't mean he wasn't good before. Now, he's just like the rest. I remember him rippin' on Ja Rule, then he turns and does singing like Ja for the money. Greedy bastard.

Anyways, I hear a lot people say that rap shouldn't make you think about what they say, but that's how it started. Why bother change it? Stuff like Soulja Boy ain't hip-hop, that's that Backstreet Boys ish. We used to rip on that stuff, now we like it, what the hell?

About that whole degrading women comment. It's both the artists and women's fault. The arist for wanting to make a video like that, and the women for selling their selves for the video cause they can't get money no other way when they could be.

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline gohan

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 01, 2016, 09:19:03 PM
    • Email
« Reply #414 on: January 14, 2008, 12:09:36 PM »
 :w00t: here are some good rappers  Z-ro , talib kwali , SABAC , necro ,rocye da 59 all poppy rappers  suck butt 

Offline Esq.

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 07, 2013, 09:43:21 PM
    • Esq. - MySpace page
    • Email
« Reply #415 on: January 14, 2008, 12:11:58 PM »

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
« Reply #416 on: January 14, 2008, 03:51:35 PM »
:w00t: here are some good rappers  Z-ro

YEAH, i see Im not the only one here. havent heard to many of y'all say anything close to/about SLAB & SCREW :-??
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 04, 2012, 03:03:17 AM
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #417 on: January 14, 2008, 05:05:48 PM »
hip hop is DDDEAAADDDDDD!!!!   

its not hip hop its hip POP!   

now its all about money and being in the dam* club...and there all fake

whatever happend to living hard as a black man, or being in the hood and you had to shoot your self out to survive.

......**CK  HIP HOP!!!!!!!

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #418 on: January 14, 2008, 05:09:18 PM »
my opinion chamillionaire is the most real rapper out there.   he doesnt like grills and showing off, he knows thats not what rap is about.   he used to always have grills and chains and stuff but hes not into that anymore.   he also doesnt like his music being played in the radio.         

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #419 on: January 14, 2008, 05:13:10 PM »
50-50, slim thug, chamillionaire, (old) paul wall, SPM

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #420 on: January 14, 2008, 05:38:42 PM »
i hate z-ro n trae n i was born in texas...

i like the great metaphor, n little brother

and all the people who were on the hip hop doctrine the OFFICIAL boondocks mix tape wich i think all of yall would like

Offline DivineWolf

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 16, 2023, 09:17:46 PM
  • Last of a Dying Breed
    • Email
« Reply #421 on: January 14, 2008, 05:44:08 PM »
I'ma have to go with Lil' Wanye, being the best rapper now. Kanye's smooth too, and I like the Clipse. Camron and Fabolous, Styles P and some more. 50's 'Get Rich or Die Trying' album was his best album to me. I like a lot of artists, but my I-pod is filled with Lil' Wayne  :)

Userbar - Akeme
R.I.P Reu
R.I.P Macho Man Randy Savage

"Let me show you..."

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #422 on: January 14, 2008, 05:53:49 PM »
ll wayne is annoying....i see him as a little  kid trying, my opinion

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #423 on: January 14, 2008, 06:10:24 PM »
I'ma have to go with Lil' Wanye, being the best rapper now. Kanye's smooth too, and I like the Clipse. Camron and Fabolous, Styles P and some more. 50's 'Get Rich or Die Trying' album was his best album to me. I like a lot of artists, but my I-pod is filled with Lil' Wayne  :)

*lol* Lil' Wayne. He can't flow to save his life. He used to, but now he thinks he's the greatest rapper alive, he thinks he can just talk and it sound good. Well, he needs to rethink that.

The rest you named are good (well old Cam'ron is good).

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline DivineWolf

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 16, 2023, 09:17:46 PM
  • Last of a Dying Breed
    • Email
« Reply #424 on: January 14, 2008, 06:11:59 PM »
ll wayne is annoying....i see him as a little  kid trying, my opinion

:D

All are entitled to an opinion. Trying what? As far as I see it, he's succeeding if he's 'trying'. Though, it's all good homey.

Userbar - Akeme
R.I.P Reu
R.I.P Macho Man Randy Savage

"Let me show you..."

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

thunderstrike eric masterson by wacky thaxie
[September 26, 2024, 06:09:19 PM]

Classic VS : Balrog by ELECTRO
[September 25, 2024, 11:44:58 PM]

Justice League Seattle Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 23, 2024, 12:14:06 PM]

Ancient Gears Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[September 20, 2024, 11:59:18 AM]

Justice League Metropolis Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 16, 2024, 11:57:49 AM]

Ultimate Mai Shiranui (FF2 & FF3) by nickfurry
[September 15, 2024, 02:27:53 AM]

Justice League Gotham Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 11, 2024, 09:41:42 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[September 07, 2024, 03:06:46 AM]

MatreroG's Stages W.I.P. Concepts by MatreroG
[September 06, 2024, 01:27:09 PM]

Justice League Flash Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 03, 2024, 10:30:40 AM]

* IMT Calendar

September 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28