collapse

Author Topic: For Those wondering about the SNK Vs CAPCOM remake  (Read 1178 times)

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
For Those wondering about the SNK Vs CAPCOM remake
« on: November 09, 2009, 03:32:41 AM »
- Capcom's Seth Killian mentioned there won't be a PSN or XBLA remake of Capcom vs SNK 2, because the development team is busy with other projects and the audience is smaller than Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Street Fighter; plus the company doesn't want to flood the market with fighting game, most players only buy 1 or 2 fighting games per year.

:'(

Da hell is he talkin about "Most players only buy 1 or 2 fighting games per year"....?

man thats about as much that ever comes out these days!! 8=| :-??

The rest are 90% first person shooters. Fighting games just started comin back 8=|

aw well...

Mugen & SSF4 & Tekken 6 & Blazeblu C shift it iz till then  :-w:|
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 04:15:21 AM by DEMONKAI »

Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
Re: For Those wondering about the SNK Vs CAPCOM remake
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 11:31:38 AM »
Naw, see, the market was flooded with fighting games back in the 1990s (Super Street Fighter II Turbo X, Mortal Kombat 1,2,3, Clay Fighter, Killer Instinct, Virtual Fighter and all the SNK stuff with AoF, SamuSho, KoF 1 through a billion, RotD, Sango Fighter, Last Blade, World Heros, Tekken, Garou, Darkstalkers, CoTA, Versus Series, Ranma and TMNT Tournament)

and we bought them all, so this guys is just saying "we're too busy and lazy to do this right now"

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 04:19:39 PM »
Naw, see, the market was flooded with fighting games back in the 1990s (Super Street Fighter II Turbo X, Mortal Kombat 1,2,3, Clay Fighter, Killer Instinct, Virtual Fighter and all the SNK stuff with AoF, SamuSho, KoF 1 through a billion, RotD, Sango Fighter, Last Blade, World Heros, Tekken, Garou, Darkstalkers, CoTA, Versus Series, Ranma and TMNT Tournament)

and we bought them all, so this guys is just saying "we're too busy and lazy to do this right now"

lol snes TMNT TF was my sh*t :cool.Mikey all Day 8)

*ehem..* ..but yeh i know what ya mean...we are in the age of First Person shooter games now. I Totally get that But im was referring to what the representative said "most players only buy 1 or 2 fighting games per year".....so thats why i was like well if they sayin that then thats BS cuz there isnt much in that genre Coming out hardly these days :-??. So in short what i meant is in order for the new gen of Gamers to see how cool Fighting games are there have to be more heavy examples. So far SF4 N Blazblue are the attractions at most right now.

But we will have to wait :-??

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 27, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
  • Some mothaf***as always Tryna iceskate uphill
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 05:31:21 PM »
The thing is i have yet to see any fighting games do poorly this gen besides kof and kof usually doesnt usually have stellar sales numbers  anyway
(click to show/hide)

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:August 21, 2016, 08:15:31 AM
  • Get the hell out of my way!
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 05:33:39 PM »

Well of course you if put in a whole decade against a year of course the decade will win out. I am assuming he means right now, within the last 2 years, especially this year, yes the console market has been flooded. MVC 2, SSF2 Remix, Tekken 6, Blazblue, TVC, SF 4, Soul Caliber 4, King of Fighters 12, MK vs DC and 6 of these games were released this year alone. I am just counting on the releases on the US side as there could be tons more in Japan. On console it is flooded right now with well known or pretty hyped fighting games. 6 fighting games in 1 year for consoles in which just about each title is basically a big title is crazy. He is right, right now it is flooded.

Da hell is he talkin about "Most players only buy 1 or 2 fighting games per year"....?

Look at it from a broader point of view. A fan of fighting games will buy more than 1-2 fighting games, but a gamer in general might only buy 1-2 fighters. Most gamers right now are shooter fans, so I don't expect them to buy more than 2 fighting games.

I buy in what he is saying, the company could be too busy making other games, totally believable. There aren't as many fans of CVS 2 as there are for MVC 2, I believe that. The console fighting market is flooded right now is also true. 2009 is the year of the fighting game and another fighting game was released today with DBZ:Raging Blast. Just because one title doesn't sell as well or isn't as popular doesn't make it any less a fighting game that is released this year *cough* KOF 12 *cough*. I too believe it is too flooded right now to bring out any CVS 2 remix/remake.

Offline xPreatorianx

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 08, 2023, 09:35:27 PM
  • I'm done you know where to find me. Click my sig.
    • Deviant-Generation
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 05:49:55 PM »
Capcom atm are to busy making Lost Planet 2 and a few other really good looking titles. So they don't wanna invest in making SNK vs Capcom.

Lost Planet 2 is gonna be a huge hit and SNK vs Capcom is not gonna sell the numbers that lost planet 2 is, so they are putting there money on LP2 and a few other titles.

I love fighting games just like the next but if I had a choice right now with telling capcom to stop developing every game they have in the works including LP2 and start on SNK vs Capcom. I would tell them to say screw SNK vs Capcom. Sorry if that upsets anyone but its the truth.

Offline C.R.O.M. jodafro619

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 11, 2022, 11:46:48 AM
  • LEMME SHO' YA SOMETHIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 09:01:11 PM »
I just see Capcom being lazy about it, but at the same time they could better use the energy on their other flagship games. I think they could come back with a better Resident Evil outbreak because the ps2 was not the system to bring that out on. Sorry for going off topic. I would rather see sf3 than cvs 2.........

C.R.O.M. handling all the biters!!!

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 09:08:13 PM »
I just see Capcom being lazy about it, but at the same time they could better use the energy on their other flagship games. I think they could come back with a better Resident Evil outbreak because the ps2 was not the system to bring that out on. Sorry for going off topic. I would rather see sf3 than cvs 2.........
i also think sf3 would sell better as a arcade title righy now due to sf4 bringing in new fans as well as the already established fanbase practically begging for it
(click to show/hide)

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2009, 01:59:35 AM »
lol good views n points everyone :O*D. AS for Lost planet 2, oh hell yeh i wanna get and play that 8). still do. It was just the one quote that got with "a gamer only buys 1-2 fighting games".  8=|well hell if "out of the 10" thats out and only 2 were actually good then yeh id say the same thing and just buy freakin one or two per year. The 90s had way too many hits. Besides i understand Capcom. They are burned by Capcom Fighting Jam which was their worst seller ever. The one they never released "Capcom Allstars" (which had Haggar and a lot others in it in 3D) was way better than CFG hands down. Sh*t basically looked like Rival schools/TvsC. The developer of that (CFJ) game knows that and had to come out of Hiding and really nail SF4. If he didnt it would have been a rap for his career he said himself.

But my point is they can do any game they want Theyre just burned out a bit from fighting games and CFJ was an example. hell aside from SNK they did hold the Crown in genre :-??...

oh and SF3 online is long overdue...im sure thats gonna turn up pretty soon in a couple years

HAIL CROM!!

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2009, 09:52:25 AM »
hey demonkai capcom fighting evolution(?!) was a clever way for capcom to get away with selling us mugen lol!! That game was unbalanced and the lack of characters and modes was a big letdown. Basically it showed the lack of intrest to do another 2d sprited fighter.if it had more characters a groove system ala cvs 2 where everyone had access to all of those fighting systems, this who have been capcom's answer to neo geo battle coloseum. I love that game too btw.... oh sfex 4 just didn't do it for me....... yeah I said it!!! I thought street fighter hit it's prime at third strike because 4 palys too much like the ex series lol!! That's just my opinion folks.....

Offline Nilakantha

• 美少年
  • Infinity Musician
  • Last Login:October 25, 2011, 04:13:46 PM
  • Lost My Mojo....Yeah Baby
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2009, 10:36:39 AM »
 ^^(PM)^ WOW, I agree with this guy.  I was just saying the same thing at DG's site.  SF3: Second Impact Giant Attack & Third Strike were the best.  SF4 was just SFEX4 without the Excel, Nice Arika Characters, & Super Cancels.
Its Touchin', Isn't It.

Offline MirageAtoli

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:May 13, 2011, 03:25:23 AM
  • Oh, my Paws and Whiskers!
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2009, 12:51:24 PM »
I doubt many gamers have much of a discretionary budget right now for entertainment.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2009, 02:02:33 PM »

You forgot TIME KILLERS lol
Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2009, 05:44:07 PM »
Capcom atm are to busy making Lost Planet 2 and a few other really good looking titles. So they don't wanna invest in making SNK vs Capcom.

Lost Planet 2 is gonna be a huge hit and SNK vs Capcom is not gonna sell the numbers that lost planet 2 is, so they are putting there money on LP2 and a few other titles.

I love fighting games just like the next but if I had a choice right now with telling capcom to stop developing every game they have in the works including LP2 and start on SNK vs Capcom. I would tell them to say screw SNK vs Capcom. Sorry if that upsets anyone but its the truth.
don't forget dead rising 2. that's another game a lot of people are looking forward to, i know i am :w00t:

Offline .:K.I.N.G:.

• King &
  • Global Moderator
  • Last Login:May 16, 2013, 07:18:26 PM
  • Accepting All Challenges
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2009, 06:23:17 PM »
there is no point in releasing old games over and over again, i would rather see a cvs3 instead a cvs2 remix/remake even tho i love cvs2.
I'm a Dude Playing a Dude, Disguised as Another Dude

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2009, 09:29:41 PM »
there is no point in releasing old games over and over again, i would rather see a cvs3 instead a cvs2 remix/remake even tho i love cvs2.
^^(PM)^ im sure it would look great with snk somehow incorporating their new art style

also the comparisons between sfex and sf4 are dumb 4 actually plays alot like 3rd strike would without parries
(click to show/hide)

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2009, 10:41:41 PM »
hey demonkai capcom fighting evolution(?!) was a clever way for capcom to get away with selling us mugen lol!!
lol my bad i forgot;). im used to seeing that Mugen Fighting Jam sh*t :P . but yeh u know what i mean 8)

I mean of course id love a CVS3 hands down 8). remember folks also that CVS was always better than SVC. Only thing is id rather see "Violent Ken" & "Mr Serious Karate" in a KOF 12 animated CVS3 game though. BUt remakes arent bad unless you are giving a facelift to the right title. The release of MVC2 didnt even get me saying "OOooh SH*T wow :o"...I woulda been more excited to Hear about MVC3 (:|. I still have the dreamcast and Xbox version. Anyway we all love comics and Capcom so that Anticipation is still high though in my strong opinion. who wouldnt wanna see Deadpool, ghost rider or Dante and Nero this time tag teaming. Dante and nero back to back shooting their guns together in a super? (lol)

But at the end of the day I dont think Capcom is interested in teh fighting game genre as Before. The only guy that spoke the most about MVC3 and other stuff was the lead Developer of SF4. That was like just before the last Issue of EGM er somethin.
But in my opinion SF4 is a cool game though but id rather see a street fighter 4 game in 2D like KOF12....hell even the graphics in 3Rd strike can mess with that game.

At this point AKSYS carries the torch for the new gen 2D fighting game era and they seem real passionate about their work. Their Fluid animations are sick. Ya cant front How gorgeous Blazblue is. And they always have a good combo system since GGX.

so as much as i want a Remake of CVS2 to pay homage or a CVS3 i doubt that will happen for a very long time :-??...

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Nilakantha

• 美少年
  • Infinity Musician
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2009, 11:11:01 PM »
SF4 plays nothing like SF3 except for ex attacks.
Its Touchin', Isn't It.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2009, 12:39:17 AM »

yeh of course. and looks nothin like it. The truth with me was i wanted a 2D hand drawn Sf4. i had to go to china town the first day it came to the states in the arcade and play it to convince myself i actually like it.

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2009, 12:49:50 PM »
ok the pace, the ex attacks, the throw system, focus is the new parry actually there are alot of comparisons to be made between sf3 and 4 wen you think about it

sfex was a 3d fighter sf4 is a 2d fighter there completely different there is no comparison
(click to show/hide)

Offline Nilakantha

• 美少年
  • Infinity Musician
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2009, 04:36:01 PM »
Uhh....SFEX is 2.5D just like SF4.  Focus isn't parry.  Parry actually takes skills to pull off.  The pace is completely different.  SFEX isn't a bad gaming series, it actually quite fun.
Its Touchin', Isn't It.

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2009, 05:17:38 PM »
i didnt say focus was parry i said focus was the NEW parry as it works as an offensive tool for canceling also sf4 is not even 2.5d there is no background interaction at all the is absolutely zero deviation from 2d gameplay thatd be like calling TvsC, megaman powered up, or megaman x maverick hunter 3d or 2.5d or whatever just because they use 3d models over 2d sprites

back on topic if they do make a new cvs i hope they include k' hes supposed to be the dark hero and it seems like sometimes he gets left out he didnt even make it into kof 12 but that "thing" ash made it in
(click to show/hide)

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:September 03, 2024, 08:44:02 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2009, 05:32:21 PM »
...also sf4 is not even 2.5d there is no background interaction at all the is absolutely zero deviation from 2d gameplay thatd be like calling TvsC, megaman powered up, or megaman x maverick hunter 3d or 2.5d or whatever just because they use 3d models over 2d sprites...

Spritework is not the defining characteristic of 2.5D. 2.5D is the amalgamation of 3D elements working within a 2d game mechanic or vice versa. In Street Fighter IV, it's 3D character models moving in 2D fighting system.

Maverick Hunter X and MegaMan X8 follow the model of 2.5D by using 3D everything and applying 2D movement.

MegaMan 2.5D displays the reverse effect of 2.5D taking 2D sprites and envoking them within a 3D enviroment.

In every case, they're all 2.5D.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Nilakantha

• 美少年
  • Infinity Musician
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2009, 07:15:45 PM »
i didnt say focus was parry i said focus was the NEW parry as it works as an offensive tool for canceling also sf4 is not even 2.5d there is no background interaction at all the is absolutely zero deviation from 2d gameplay thatd be like calling TvsC, megaman powered up, or megaman x maverick hunter 3d or 2.5d or whatever just because they use 3d models over 2d sprites

I hope you know that there are interactive with the 3d backgrounds in SF4 right?  Knocking the wing off the plane, or making the workers in the distillery drop the barrels.  Its all 2.5D, just like TVC, Rockman Rockman, Irregular Hunter X, Rockman X8, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Gokumakaimura, etc.  I never said 2.5D is a bad thing, I just prefer 2d spritework over 2.5 or 3d, like what Demonkai said.
Its Touchin', Isn't It.

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2009, 08:52:11 PM »
I'm still calling it sf4 zangief is exactly the same broken character in both games lol!! Well we can compare apples and oranges all day people, but getting back on topic. I can live without a cvs 2 update..... Yeah they made my boy Terry hot to death and all but i would like a sequal like mr. 47 said. BTW @ 47 I miss ur chuck norris avatars lol!!! I would love to see cvs3 with the cps3 engine. A cps3 Blue mary or motw Terry would be cool. Zangief vs the griffon and hugo. Heck, even give my boy darkstalker demetri some love!! But I still take 3rd strike over 4 because the fights are more intense. I play every once in a while in chinatown and fights get  very hairy against people over there!! Say what ou want I'm an old head sf4 did not bring anything from sf2 with it. I was actually looking for volcano Rosso on the select screen lol!!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

thunderstrike eric masterson by wacky thaxie
[Today at 06:09:19 PM]

Classic VS : Balrog by ELECTRO
[September 25, 2024, 11:44:58 PM]

Justice League Seattle Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 23, 2024, 12:14:06 PM]

Ancient Gears Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[September 20, 2024, 11:59:18 AM]

Justice League Metropolis Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 16, 2024, 11:57:49 AM]

Ultimate Mai Shiranui (FF2 & FF3) by nickfurry
[September 15, 2024, 02:27:53 AM]

Justice League Gotham Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 11, 2024, 09:41:42 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[September 07, 2024, 03:06:46 AM]

MatreroG's Stages W.I.P. Concepts by MatreroG
[September 06, 2024, 01:27:09 PM]

Justice League Flash Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 03, 2024, 10:30:40 AM]

* IMT Calendar

September 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28