collapse

Author Topic: new gouken released by alexlexus  (Read 7517 times)

Offline ESFAndy011

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 12, 2011, 09:38:50 AM
    • Email
Re: new gouken released by alexlexus
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2009, 12:03:03 PM »
I apologize if I'm being a little forward but...... PLEASE STOP WITH THE GOUKEN UPDATES!

Focus on Dante! DANTE WILL BE YOUR PRIZE-WINNING W/E CHARACTER IF YOU MAKE HIM RIGHT, BUT YOU CAN'T ACCOMPLISH THAT IF YOU KEEP UPDATING GOUKEN!

I'm sorry, but I just don't see the point of these updates. If I see one more update after this one, then I will have lost faith in you dude.

P.S. Don't take it the wrong way, I'm just saying.. a lot of MUGEN-goers who know your creations are tired of Gouken updates. He's an amazing char already, please leave him be and move on to Dante.. DANTE IS YOUR PRESENT AND FUTURE.

No. He is not amazing. Having a heavy shoryuken deal more damage than a super and other overpowered specials is not amazing. Having a Dash palm attack that deals only 10 damage is not amazing. I've got nothing against alex or his gouken, but his character is not amazing yet. At all. Concept-wise, he's very decent, but the execution is not good. His top priority right now is to fix the damage.

Oh and Alex, stop using cornerpush to solve infinites. Use cornerpush, but not for infinite solving purposes. Make reasonable cornerpush velocities, don't make gouken fly back to the other edge of the screen either. Use Juggle. Here's how it works:

At the top of the primary .cns file, you have the [Data] area. Here, you can find air.juggle. This is the maximum amount of juggle points you can use up while the opponent is getting hit in mid-air. Let's say you have air.juggle set to 15. Now you go to your light punch state, and let's say you want lp to be able to hit 3 times and that's it. You set the juggle value in your statedef to 5. 15/5 = 3 (air.juggle / juggle = number of hits), that simple. There you go, 3 seconds work. :)

Offline alexlexus

• Contributor
  • Last Login:August 12, 2023, 01:15:28 AM
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2009, 01:38:21 PM »
well i have been updating him and working on dante at the same time. dont worry dante will be fine but understand that when i update gouken and get my programing down it helps dante. imaging if i just rushed and made dante all messedup. he wouldnt be my prize but my doom and i will only be remebered for the crappy dante creator and shiity gouken crator. im trying to get it right and yeas i know i released alot of patches but that was only cause i was flamed so hard and hated. i learned i cant please everyone. but i can try to best make dante and other the way i know how.

Post Merge: September 11, 2009, 01:49:33 PM
No. He is not amazing. Having a heavy shoryuken deal more damage than a super and other overpowered specials is not amazing. Having a Dash palm attack that deals only 10 damage is not amazing. I've got nothing against alex or his gouken, but his character is not amazing yet. At all. Concept-wise, he's very decent, but the execution is not good. His top priority right now is to fix the damage.

Oh and Alex, stop using cornerpush to solve infinites. Use cornerpush, but not for infinite solving purposes. Make reasonable cornerpush velocities, don't make gouken fly back to the other edge of the screen either. Use Juggle. Here's how it works:

At the top of the primary .cns file, you have the [Data] area. Here, you can find air.juggle. This is the maximum amount of juggle points you can use up while the opponent is getting hit in mid-air. Let's say you have air.juggle set to 15. Now you go to your light punch state, and let's say you want lp to be able to hit 3 times and that's it. You set the juggle value in your statedef to 5. 15/5 = 3 (air.juggle / juggle = number of hits), that simple. There you go, 3 seconds work. :)

and see this is why i have to do updates here and there cause i just learned something new. and will apply it. am i wrong for that? at least some gave me specifics so i can work on them instead of being flamed. so when dant is done all the of the problems gouken had he wont. get it?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 01:49:33 PM by alexlexus »

Offline Luigi-Master

• Skull fetishist
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:December 08, 2013, 03:47:08 AM
  • Soviet enthusiast
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2009, 02:26:16 PM »
Thank you for posting Alexlexus' release, Alexlexus.   :)

Offline xPreatorianx

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 08, 2023, 09:35:27 PM
  • I'm done you know where to find me. Click my sig.
    • Deviant-Generation
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2009, 06:37:37 PM »
I don't understand why people are hating on Alex for fixing a character. Its the same with programs wouldn't you rather have to download an update for a good program every day while they fix bugs then for the creator/developer to just say screw it and leave a program you might have paid $300 on to be thrown away because of bugs?

Same with Mugen characters yes they are free but still. The more patches the better. Who cares if you have to download 10 patches a week? You can spend 1-2 minutes downloading patches can't you? I know I can and WILL. Fixing a broken character only helps the people who use that character. He could just fix the character but say screw releasing the patch.

Respect Alex downloading now. Forget all the haters keep up the good work. If you have to release 30 patches a day go for it man. As long as the playability gets better and better who cares!

Offline alexlexus

• Contributor
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2009, 10:14:01 PM »
you made an intersting point, norotn, vista, snagit and many programs do what i am doing. unlike them i am listening to the people without losing my vison of the character. trust me fixing him will work out for everyone.

Offline xPreatorianx

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 08, 2023, 09:35:27 PM
  • I'm done you know where to find me. Click my sig.
    • Deviant-Generation
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2009, 10:28:58 PM »
NP man... I just don't understand it is all. Everyone expects a release to have high playability and little to no bugs but when a Creator does everything in his power to do so he in return gets flamed and burned? Its basically saying yea I want a perfect character but I don't wanna have to take the time and download a few MB. Try downloading a program the size of 3-4 gigs for a major release of bug fixes. Then that would be something to moan about.

Also before saying that 3-4 gigs is an extreme number. Play MMO's Eve for example. Major bug fix releases are about 1-2 gigs. for some releases. Big release can get extreme. Then the downloader does not even work right.

But anyways when I can get into Mugen ill test the char out and give some feedback.

But please don't take this post as flaming im just stating my opinion about people hating on Alex. I don't wanna see him go private completely because of stuff like this.

Offline alexlexus

• Contributor
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2009, 11:35:35 PM »
NP man... I just don't understand it is all. Everyone expects a release to have high playability and little to no bugs but when a Creator does everything in his power to do so he in return gets flamed and burned? Its basically saying yea I want a perfect character but I don't wanna have to take the time and download a few MB. Try downloading a program the size of 3-4 gigs for a major release of bug fixes. Then that would be something to moan about.

Also before saying that 3-4 gigs is an extreme number. Play MMO's Eve for example. Major bug fix releases are about 1-2 gigs. for some releases. Big release can get extreme. Then the downloader does not even work right.

But anyways when I can get into Mugen ill test the char out and give some feedback.

But please don't take this post as flaming im just stating my opinion about people hating on Alex. I don't wanna see him go private completely because of stuff like this.

weill i can have you look at gouken with the ex mode in him

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • Last Login:May 20, 2024, 07:30:49 PM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2009, 12:37:57 AM »
I don't really mind the updates.. it's just the consistency of them to be honest... now it's not so much I guess.. but before.. you were flipping them out left and right (almost literally.... ;*))). I'm just saying it's good to get it right, but maybe save info. for a BIG update.. like... just wait 6 months.. during those 6 months... collect feedback, update your char(s), and then release them 6 months after each release.. I'm not saying the updates aren't necessary.. I'm just saying too much consistency. It's true you learn something new every day, but that can still apply to your other chars... I think right now your priority should be releasing a v1.0 release of Dante... Make the look 100% how you want it... then start updating BOTH. That would be cool. Having a Gouken and a Dante update in the same day/week. Just a suggestion.. I'm not flaming you... I'm just saying.. it'll probably be better.. but do what you want...

Offline alexlexus

• Contributor
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2009, 03:38:52 PM »

this and many blance fixes done.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 04:07:59 PM by alexlexus »

Offline alexlexus

• Contributor
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2009, 02:54:42 AM »

new update

Offline Worksa8

• Rocket Punch!
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:June 13, 2021, 01:19:25 PM
  • Rocket Punch!
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2009, 07:17:26 AM »
I don't get why people whine about him updating the character so much?...
IF they annoy you so much, download the update every couple months, rather then when he puts them up?
As for not working on other things. I think you've gotten your point across people, are the 50+ posts on like every forum saying the same thing, the PMs, the hate mail, etc...I'm sure he heard you okay? xD

Offline Ohsky

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:September 23, 2013, 09:32:07 AM
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2009, 07:48:34 AM »
I'm sure he heard you okay? xD

people whine about the opposite as a fact since 2007.
Open source Custom Sf3 Gouken sprites, in the open source section.

Offline ANGELM

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 03, 2018, 05:02:16 AM
  • The One and Only........
    • The new home of MKR
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2009, 02:07:23 PM »
I don't get why people whine about him updating the character so much?...
IF they annoy you so much, download the update every couple months, rather then when he puts them up?
As for not working on other things. I think you've gotten your point across people, are the 50+ posts on like every forum saying the same thing, the PMs, the hate mail, etc...I'm sure he heard you okay? xD
:-??
 >:-(-| They say his character is overpowering  :-?? But my Gouken and his Gouken are always beating each other  :D

I think his updates are cool. Digging the SF4 sound and the hair.  :)

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2009, 02:33:50 PM »
Like I said before, I don't think he's overpowering.. it's just.. maybe savoring the updates might be better for all of us... 6 month updates... :)

Offline alexlexus

• Contributor
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2009, 02:59:18 PM »
who wants to test him out?

hit me on aim now  : alexlexus18

Offline ANGELM

• Infinity Regular
    • The new home of MKR
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2009, 04:51:21 PM »
Well, here is my feedback:
(click to show/hide)
The Intro sprites are good, and as I said before, I like the way the Sf4 sound is used in your gouken. You can tell alot about a character from their intros  :) For future notes, his intro from SF4 would be good.  :)

(click to show/hide)
It's good to see you give Gouken an SF4 look, but just a heads up that in some of these sprites, the hair needs to be a little longer.

(click to show/hide)
The hair on your run sprites are good, except the only thing I encountered was that the belt needs some work.

(click to show/hide)
I must have did the hurricane kick like 8 times cause I thought I seen something, but it turns out I did when I took this screenshot. Some of the hurricane kick sprites don't have the SF4 Hair. Also some of the sprites look like Akuma hair, or is it just me?  :-??

(click to show/hide)
Since I like to jump into the action, I check out all your moves and supers, which is why I took this screenshot. Shouldn't it be blue instead of purple? And what made me  :D is Gouken. The Blue Gouken is firing Hadoukens too, at the same time. It turned into a 2 on 1  :D

And Finally:
(click to show/hide)
This is what I'm talking about. Straight out of Street Fighter 4 itself, the Shin Shoryuuken. The sound and the timing is correct, and the zoom factor makes the Super even more cool. Too bad about the other Gouken  :DxDie He got a slipper in his face. Just a side note though, I think hitsparks would go good with this move as well, but for now, This is a Kodak moment.

Updated and Overall Grade: 93 A Nice Job man.

Offline alexlexus

• Contributor
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2009, 05:33:10 PM »
oh crap i forgot about the hurricane kick. i will finish on those asap

Offline ANGELM

• Infinity Regular
    • The new home of MKR
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2009, 06:12:10 PM »
Not a bad character at all man.  :)

Offline Ohsky

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:September 23, 2013, 09:32:07 AM
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2009, 07:03:26 PM »
nice improvement on the sprites, on some of them the hair is shorter than in others, though the rest besides sprite quality seems to continue the same.
Open source Custom Sf3 Gouken sprites, in the open source section.

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2009, 10:02:13 PM »
Are you gonna make him as heavy set as he was in SFIV? ;*))

Offline Paraside

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 09, 2012, 12:38:28 AM
  • El poder no esta en tus puños, sino en tu alma
« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2009, 03:33:20 AM »
Nice man, I cant wait to see the sprite progress in the next update  ;*))

Offline Tengiz

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 05, 2009, 04:13:20 PM
« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2009, 10:09:21 AM »
It gave me an awesome feeling while playing this char. Thank you for this great release mate.

>:-(-|

I'm new to this kind of Mugen like SF, SNK etc. ... just getting in. What I want to ask is are there any other chars like this 'gouken' which you would prefer/suggest or authors who create chars like this one here?
And my last question from which game is gouken? lol

Offline ANGELM

• Infinity Regular
    • The new home of MKR
« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2009, 10:39:34 AM »
It gave me an awesome feeling while playing this char. Thank you for this great release mate.

I'm new to this kind of Mugen like SF, SNK etc. ... just getting in. What I want to ask is are there any other chars like this 'gouken' which you would prefer/suggest or authors who create chars like this one here?
And my last question from which game is gouken? lol

>:-(-| I made a Gouken using Ohsky's sprites, There is also an MK vs SF Ryu and Ken, Chunli, Akuma and SF4 style Ryu and Ken and Zangief.

This Gouken is an original, he wasn't from any game. He was made for MUGEN. The only Gouken you see in the consoles is in the Street Fighter 4 Game.

nice improvement on the sprites, on some of them the hair is shorter than in others, though the rest besides sprite quality seems to continue the same.
^^(PM)^

Are you gonna make him as heavy set as he was in SFIV? ;*))
;D I hope that happens.

Offline Tengiz

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 05, 2009, 04:13:20 PM
« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2009, 11:03:19 AM »

This Gouken is an original, he wasn't from any game. He was made for MUGEN. The only Gouken you see in the consoles is in the Street Fighter 4 Game.

I see.. hmm so where does he come from? Is it really just a character someone made-up for MUGEN only? If so, how he got into SF4?

Offline DoktorAvidan

• Initiate
  • Last Login:May 24, 2011, 05:30:38 PM
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2009, 12:28:21 PM »
He was in SF4 first.  /:O

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Diek Stiekem
[June 25, 2024, 10:25:34 AM]

Golden Axe Returns by striderhiryu201
[June 23, 2024, 04:15:50 PM]

Virtual Bart Science Fair by Rage
[June 21, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

Turn Battle - Mega Man Robot Master Mayhem by O Ilusionista
[June 18, 2024, 10:11:08 AM]

Classic VS : Cheng / Athena by O Ilusionista
[June 18, 2024, 10:10:26 AM]

Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari Stage Pack by Vegaz by LightFlare
[June 17, 2024, 02:30:12 PM]

Street Fighter Spec Ops 2021 by O Ilusionista
[June 08, 2024, 01:36:06 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

* IMT Calendar

June 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29