collapse

Author Topic: Robin Beta 3 + minor update 11/16  (Read 2132 times)

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
Re: Robin Beta 3 + minor update 11/16
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2008, 10:14:53 PM »
I still think Excursions stance moves more fluid in the overall animations, and is totally unique.

I actually had to widen each boot on the Acey version about 2 pixels to each side of the leg so they would blend a little better. Personally I use both Robins in my roster ( I'll play team arcade with aceys stance, and the IMT bats, or I'll use the Ex-stance with the Spiderbat/Batman edit.)

Works for me :-??

I plan on continuing to update both versions.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 10:26:01 PM by ALEXZIQ »

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2008, 10:17:56 PM »
hey ALEXZIQ, are their DCvMarvel portraits for this character? i'd really love to stick him in my DCvMarvel screenpack!  :-"

thanks

Ive seen them, but Im not sure where. I will ask around. Theres a guy called CROW that does amzing DCvM ports. I bet he'll make one.

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:September 21, 2024, 02:35:22 PM
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2008, 10:44:08 PM »
-Standing attacks do not combo. I mean, LP/MP do, but MP/HP don't. Same with the kicks. The air attacks all combo.
-Baterang does not have a projhitanim animation. It just disappears when it connects.
-Should've made the staff swipes (staff blur animaton) separate and added them in as explod's. You could have added transparency to them and made the effect better rather than a solid black swipe.
-Dash back animation is fine, but looks a little wierd because the animation does not finish unless you HOLD the back key.
-With a tad bit more tweaking, you can make that swing move look a tad bit more fluid.
-The batarang hyper is ineffective. It does not really knock the enemy down and looks strange just floating back and forth on P2. This hyper needs to go back to the drawing board.
-The smoke bomb should be implemented in Batman (are you listening Acey?  ;*)) )
-The walk forward/back animations are quirky. Change the sprite alignements to the belt and the 1st and last frames in the walk forward/back anim's to 2 ticks vice 5 and this is what it looks like:

Offline greatmuta2

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 19, 2017, 08:07:22 PM
    • greatmuta2
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2008, 10:48:30 PM »
yeah the black swipe thing kinda annoys me too

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2008, 10:51:25 PM »
-Standing attacks do not combo. I mean, LP/MP do, but MP/HP don't. Same with the kicks. The air attacks all combo.
-Baterang does not have a projhitanim animation. It just disappears when it connects.
-Should've made the staff swipes (staff blur animaton) separate and added them in as explod's. You could have added transparency to them and made the effect better rather than a solid black swipe.
-Dash back animation is fine, but looks a little wierd because the animation does not finish unless you HOLD the back key.
-With a tad bit more tweaking, you can make that swing move look a tad bit more fluid.
-The batarang hyper is ineffective. It does not really knock the enemy down and looks strange just floating back and forth on P2. This hyper needs to go back to the drawing board.
-The smoke bomb should be implemented in Batman (are you listening Acey? ;*)) )
-The walk forward/back animations are quirky. Change the sprite alignements to the belt and the 1st and last frames in the walk forward/back anim's to 2 ticks vice 5 and this is what it looks like:

Which Batarang, the normal one falls to the floor??? the blastarang comes back to robin, and the hyper just floats off. You mean the electro-batarang maybe?

I like the batarang hyper myself, but it can be improved, not sure it needs to go back to the drawing board

Offline dragonesku

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 24, 2010, 06:08:41 PM
  • Fo' shizzle my nizzle
    • Email
Re: Robin Beta 3
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2008, 10:52:24 PM »
I modified the frame order on acey's stance to make him look like he's not snaping back to the first frame.

the order is 1,2,3,4,3,2,1,2,3,4,3,2,1,2

That frame order modification on Acey's stance feels a whole lot better, thanks a bunch, ChAoTiC.  :)

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2008, 11:01:35 PM »

Which Batarang, the normal one falls to the floor??? the blastarang comes back to robin, and the hyper just floats off. You mean the electro-batarang maybe?

I like the batarang hyper myself, but it can be improved, not sure it needs to go back to the drawing board

Here's the batarang move I was talking about that disappears:

This hyper is totally ineffective:

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2008, 11:14:06 PM »
Here's the batarang move I was talking about that disappears:

This hyper is totally ineffective:

There must be glitch with the Robin you downloaded, I'll have to check that out. In fact I dont even recognize that batarang toss to be honest, whats the combo for it?? Looks the the electrorang, be but it explodes into a shock. Very weird, wonder if its screenpack issue again :-??

Again I think the hyper can be improved easily, I dont think it needs overhauled, if its not your bag, thats cool with me.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 11:31:18 PM by ALEXZIQ »

Offline aa250

• CrusaderCast Admin
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 13, 2021, 04:20:33 PM
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2008, 11:15:06 PM »
hey ALEXZIQ, are their DCvMarvel portraits for this character? i'd really love to stick him in my DCvMarvel screenpack!  :-"

thanks

Check the video description in the video I just added them. :)

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2008, 11:37:26 PM »
There must be glitch with the Robin you downloaded, I'll have to check that out. In fact I dont even recognize that batarang toss to be honest, whats the combo for it?? Looks the the electrorang, be but it explodes into a shock. Very weird, wonder if its screenpack issue again :-??

Again I think the hyper can be improved easily, I dont think it needs overhauled, if its not your bag, thats cool with me.

D, DB, B + HP is that batarang move. The Hyper is not a bad idea, but seems incomplete which in turn means ineffective. That's what I mean by that. It does not knock down P2. It does not give you that sense of accomplishment if it connects. It just seems like a flashy, but regular move. If you mean it to do that (encircle P2 for a small amount of time) that's cool, but as inventive as Team Spoiler is, I am sure you can come up with something else for it to complete it and put it on par with the other hypers. These are all suggestions anyway.  :-??

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2008, 11:54:45 PM »
D, DB, B + HP is that batarang move. The Hyper is not a bad idea, but seems incomplete which in turn means ineffective. That's what I mean by that. It does not knock down P2. It does not give you that sense of accomplishment if it connects. It just seems like a flashy, but regular move. If you mean it to do that (encircle P2 for a small amount of time) that's cool, but as inventive as Team Spoiler is, I am sure you can come up with something else for it to complete it and put it on par with the other hypers. These are all suggestions anyway.  :-??

Yeah thats the electric batarang, thats weird it doesnt work for you. It explodes into a sorounding electric effect. I learned the move from Zvitors Green Arrow, and it works like that for me. Hmmmmmmn

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:September 03, 2024, 08:44:02 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2008, 01:12:38 AM »
OK, after taking Robin through Arcade and Survival I am quite certain that his Zoffset is lower than other characters. I'd not as noticable when playing against character who have and off-center stance (feet are not on even level, ex: chun-li, Cable), but others you can tell, especially when you get close. I looks like Robin is standing standing in front of the person, so that when he attacks, it's looks like he would miss.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline greatmuta2

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 19, 2017, 08:07:22 PM
    • greatmuta2
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2008, 01:21:13 AM »
that batarang hyper does the same for me he'll do it and they just recover and hit him its like a free shot on robin cause he cant move while doing this also i have the basic default screen pack with the blue backround and the word mugen

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2008, 02:04:42 AM »

I just discovered something. Robin is 6 buttons, but he behaves more like a 4 button.

His code is adapted from a MvC2 style Hayato isn't it? Cause when I air combo, after I LP,LK, if I MP he attacks with his HP. But if I LP again, the MP is triggered. So the air combo is LP, LK, LP, LK, MP or MK instead of LP,LK,MP,MK,HP or HK.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2008, 08:35:53 AM »
I just discovered something. Robin is 6 buttons, but he behaves more like a 4 button.

His code is adapted from a MvC2 style Hayato isn't it? Cause when I air combo, after I LP,LK, if I MP he attacks with his HP. But if I LP again, the MP is triggered. So the air combo is LP, LK, LP, LK, MP or MK instead of LP,LK,MP,MK,HP or HK.

Yes indeed Robin was based off the 4 button Hayato. I appreciate you catching that, because I’m sure I would have missed that. That’s why beta releases prove so valuable to me when you guys catch stuff like that. I’ll make sure that gets fixed in future updates, shouldn’t be too hard. Robin is by no means finished, and there’s still a lot of fine tuning, and improvements to be made. Hayato has been a challenging base to work off of because the character needed a lot of work b4 Robin. Thankfully now with the great templates out I wont have to go back and fix as much. However does help in the learning process finding, and correcting simple bugs, so no regrets.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2008, 12:05:55 PM »
Great updates Alexziq and props to JT for the work here.

@ Excursion, Robin has Batman's Batarang, so why not take Robin's Bomb and give it to Batman too; for the most part, Robin got his gadgets from Batman anyways. Great Idea.  ;D

Offline Weapon x program

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 16, 2015, 12:38:11 PM
  • welcome
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2008, 04:13:59 PM »
Great updates Alexziq and props to JT for the work here.

@ Excursion, Robin has Batman's Batarang, so why not take Robin's Bomb and give it to Batman too; for the most part, Robin got his gadgets from Batman anyways. Great Idea.  ;D
Thanks but let s not forget Z666 that redesigned the helpers;
 :w00t: CONGRATS z  ::salute::

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2008, 05:15:37 PM »
Yes indeed Robin was based off the 4 button Hayato. I appreciate you catching that, because I’m sure I would have missed that. That’s why beta releases prove so valuable to me when you guys catch stuff like that. I’ll make sure that gets fixed in future updates, shouldn’t be too hard. Robin is by no means finished, and there’s still a lot of fine tuning, and improvements to be made. Hayato has been a challenging base to work off of because the character needed a lot of work b4 Robin. Thankfully now with the great templates out I wont have to go back and fix as much. However does help in the learning process finding, and correcting simple bugs, so no regrets.

Glad your happy. I like this Robin and I want to like him even more.

I'd like for IMT Batman and Spoiler Robin to be my new fave Tag Team.

Lol, dynamic duo.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2008, 11:54:06 PM »
BTW

I noticed part of my read me didnt get paste in.

The last sentances acknowledging Mews design of the Bola sprites, and Batzarros programming of the cmd file was left out. Im going to fix that, but sorry guys, those both were important parts I needed help on that my friends were kind enough to provide.

Offline spiderclone

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 25, 2018, 06:44:04 AM
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2008, 08:25:17 AM »
i know it been weeks since he has been released but i have to say robin is one of my top five mugen creationsz, thanksto mr todd whose spriting skills are so great. THE only bad thing is the big titans attack because its s o fas i can t see anything and some titans are missing: starfire and wondergirl. But thats ypour most complete character and i hope all your character will be as good congrats and i wish a finish character on christmas yo
justice is best served in death

Offline Weapon x program

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 16, 2015, 12:38:11 PM
  • welcome
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2008, 10:29:56 AM »
YO  :D

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2008, 10:59:30 AM »
I will be adapting him to the DC vs Marvel template, and fixing up the Batarang Hyper, and air combos in the near future. I have a couple other things that take precedence, but improving our existing stuff is what I enjoy the most.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

thunderstrike eric masterson by wacky thaxie
[September 26, 2024, 06:09:19 PM]

Classic VS : Balrog by ELECTRO
[September 25, 2024, 11:44:58 PM]

Justice League Seattle Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 23, 2024, 12:14:06 PM]

Ancient Gears Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[September 20, 2024, 11:59:18 AM]

Justice League Metropolis Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 16, 2024, 11:57:49 AM]

Ultimate Mai Shiranui (FF2 & FF3) by nickfurry
[September 15, 2024, 02:27:53 AM]

Justice League Gotham Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 11, 2024, 09:41:42 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[September 07, 2024, 03:06:46 AM]

MatreroG's Stages W.I.P. Concepts by MatreroG
[September 06, 2024, 01:27:09 PM]

Justice League Flash Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 03, 2024, 10:30:40 AM]

* IMT Calendar

September 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28