collapse

Author Topic: Help with persuasion... Stupid problem I can't solve.  (Read 2214 times)

Offline Ryu # 20

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 04, 2016, 08:34:54 AM
  • Justice Fighter
    • Email
Help with persuasion... Stupid problem I can't solve.
« on: July 13, 2008, 09:35:58 PM »
In a nutshell: I've been dreaming of having a PS2 for about 8 years (I KNOW THERE'S XBOX 360, PS3 AND WII, but I'VE WANTED IT SINCE I WAS 12), but my family doesn't let me buy it (even with my own money). Can't go buy it without them finding out (too much money not for them to realize). Any solutions? I'm going mad!!! ~X(

Offline The Great World Emperor

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 29, 2011, 11:21:00 PM
    • Email
Re: Help with persuasion... Stupid problem I can't solve.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 09:40:51 PM »
Are you planning to buy it with cash or another form of payment?

Offline Ryu # 20

• Infinity Regular
  • Justice Fighter
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 09:47:19 PM »
I'm not planning anything. Remember I have to get this problem solved yet LOL. But the answer would be cash.

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:March 30, 2017, 10:27:21 PM
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 09:50:08 PM »
I'm not planning anything. Remember I have to get this problem solved yet LOL. But the answer would be cash.

What's the matter with you, you're 19, if you have your own money, buy whatever the hell you want!
Coming 2099.

Offline Ryu # 20

• Infinity Regular
  • Justice Fighter
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 09:52:21 PM »

What's the matter with you, you're 19, if you have your own money, buy whatever the hell you want!

Had it been so easy for me, I would have already and wouldn't be asking here right?

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 09:55:01 PM »

Had it been so easy for me, I would have already and wouldn't be asking here right?

It is so easy, your money, do what you want, I don't see why parents would deprive a grown man of a PS2 when he has his own money, lol! Buy it behind their backs, if they find out, I'm sure they'll just deal with it!
Coming 2099.

Offline Ryu # 20

• Infinity Regular
  • Justice Fighter
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 09:59:47 PM »
Yes, it would be easy in theory. But I can't. Period.

Why? I don't know. They wouldn't allow me. We're a strange family I know. :D

Buying it behind their backs:

I can't. Go back to my first post. There's no way I'm getting away with it. They're capable of getting rid of it. :D

Offline The Great World Emperor

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 29, 2011, 11:21:00 PM
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 10:03:56 PM »
Yes, it would be easy in theory. But I can't. Period.

Why? I don't know. They wouldn't allow me. We're a strange family I know. :D

Buying it behind their backs:

I can't. Go back to my first post. There's no way I'm getting away with it. They're capable of getting rid of it. :D
How would they get rid of it? If they made you go back and get a refund that would make sense but if they threw it away there wouldn't really be a point, would there?

Offline Ryu # 20

• Infinity Regular
  • Justice Fighter
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2008, 10:06:55 PM »
I don't think they would make me get a refund. The store wouldn't accept it. That's why I thought of "getting rid of it".

Offline That Mugen Guy

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:March 27, 2012, 11:40:02 PM
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2008, 10:34:58 PM »
Ok... so basically what you're saying here... is that you're 19, and your parents won't let you purchase what they don't want you to get... So... what... did you get D's when you were in high school or something?? (no offense, just curious)

Basically.. just go out and buy it.. if they throw it out.. sue them...
If they throw an eviction notice at you (which must be 3 months prior to the eviction), then just save up a lot of money, and move out.. I don't understand why you haven't done that already, anyways..

lol I think u might be a lil to serious there ATICE, I wouldn't wanna get thrown out over a PS2
but Ryu I think u should just give up until u get a place of ur own, or buy the PS2 and take the punishment give the talk that ur old enough after u already brought the system

Jesus loves me, he loves me a bunch! Because he always puts Skippy in my lunch!

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 12:02:28 AM »
well...i had a similar situation before because of a cellphone...i had enough money to buy it,but my dad wouldn`t let me because "in his opinion",it wasn`t necessary,and to wait until i get a job
After all,i got a job,my own cell and even a new PC...meaning:get a job and they will have no reason to not letting you... :-??

Offline Angsty Meier Link

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:November 05, 2023, 10:00:57 PM
  • The angst that drives us mad moves us forward...
    • My Mugen Vids
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2008, 07:57:35 AM »
Ryu I can understand how family can be strange like that.

Um... you might try and get an emulator working? Because obviously they let you have a computer? Is it your computer? Or a family computer... PS2 emulators are sketchy at best... so its not the best bet. Idunno man... best advice I have is move out and do whatever your heart desires :-??

Save money man... always save money. That's basically the universal advice that I've been given by all elders.

Offline Ryu # 20

• Infinity Regular
  • Justice Fighter
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2008, 09:05:11 AM »
O.K. Since I'm overwhelmed by responses I'll have to answer then one by one. Here we go! :)

ATICE:

"Did you get D's when you were in high school or something? (no offense, just curious)".

:DxDie Nope, I used to get B's or B+'s mostly, then some A's and once in a while I would get few low grades. And now I'm in college I still have high grades, this term I've failed only one subject out of 7.

Suing them? I don't think things are THAT serious to do that. We're talking about getting a PS2, nothing more.

I can't move out, I've got nowhere to go! Plus, remember: I said this was a STUPID problem. I just want them not to say anything if I get it, that's all. :)

That Mugen Guy:

You're right, I wouldn't want to get thrown out over a PS2. But I can't go buy it and take the punishment and say I'm old enough, 'cause "that would be no excuse". Trust me on that one.

KPT25:

"well...i had a similar situation before because of a cellphone...i had enough money to buy it,but my dad wouldn`t let me because "in his opinion",it wasn`t necessary,and to wait until i get a job"

You hit the jackpot. That's EXACTLY what happens. I'll get a job next year, but anyways, it's 8 YEARS we're talking about. I'm normally patient but this is too much, isn't it?

Angsty Meier Link:

I've thought about emulation. But requirements are too high (videocard, processor). And I don't think I can upgrade because this is a laptop. It's a good thing it's mine, although my brother steals it from me to play MY own Marvel Ultimate Alliance game. :P

( >:-(-| He's a f*cking hypocrite, he first says "I don't like videogames" and agrees with my parents but then he comes and says "please let me play Marvel Ultimate Alliance" because his P.C. can't run it. Anyways, it's choppy and laggy as sh*t, but it's playable. And he EVEN says "Marvel characters are stupid", I ask "Then why do you play this game?" and he says "There's ONE exception: Spider-man!")

Besides, whoever has the money to get a computer able to emulate PS2, can surely get a PS2 console.

Moving out: See above.

So that's my story. Any possible solutions?

• Forum Member
    • My Mugen Vids
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2008, 09:34:16 AM »
No man sorry... after what you've said I have nothing for you. Until you can be self reliant your stuck with your situation. Unless you can convince your parents that you should have a PS2.

Offline Ryu # 20

• Infinity Regular
  • Justice Fighter
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2008, 09:42:57 AM »
Can't convince them. No matter what I do.

And it's not a matter of being self reliant. There's that parents barrier. I'm ashamed myself. But there's nothing I can do. That's why I need help.

• Forum Member
    • My Mugen Vids
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2008, 10:21:58 AM »
Well then there's no reason you should be asking for help here. The answers you seek are already known to you, your just reluctant to accept them. You either buy a PS2 or don't, everything else you already seem to understand. Nobody can help you in this situation but yourself.

Offline thefisherkings

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 01, 2012, 07:28:44 PM
  • Jesus Saves!
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2008, 10:29:33 AM »
Hmm.. why do you parents not want  you to have a ps2?  Can you by other game systems? Anyways, don't listen to any of this defy your parents stuff, none of them is providing for you.  The real world is harsh and I would stay with my parents until I got married or they kick me out or have enough momey to by a house without credit, videogames will still be there when you move out.  I'm a parent and have kids asking me for crap all the time, we only allow one tv in house for example.  People may say your being unfair to your child, but they don't know my story.  Just remember your parents love you none of the rest really care about you,  where just giving advice from our personall exprience not out of true concern.
This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life!

Offline eg6gsr

• Contributor
  • Last Login:February 26, 2024, 03:24:12 AM
  • my first love
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2008, 12:53:17 PM »
Yea if your parents tell you no and you still live in their house and off thier money no matter how old you are you listen cause as long as you are not paying for anything you have no say on what goes on in their house...sucks but hey you can always move out then live buy your own rules

my new one

Offline Rygelseid

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:January 13, 2013, 05:34:28 PM
  • that one bassist guy
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2008, 12:55:45 PM »
um....give money to a friend of yurs and have him buy it?

Offline Ryu # 20

• Infinity Regular
  • Justice Fighter
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2008, 01:56:54 PM »
Hmm.. why do you parents not want  you to have a ps2?  Can you by other game systems? Anyways, don't listen to any of this defy your parents stuff, none of them is providing for you.  The real world is harsh and I would stay with my parents until I got married or they kick me out or have enough momey to by a house without credit, videogames will still be there when you move out.  I'm a parent and have kids asking me for crap all the time, we only allow one tv in house for example.  People may say your being unfair to your child, but they don't know my story.  Just remember your parents love you none of the rest really care about you,  where just giving advice from our personall exprience not out of true concern.

Exactly. And that's why I'm asking for help other than defying them, 'cause I don't want to do that (not that I could anyways) And I'm getting sh*t thrown at me 'cause nobody really understands.

On to the "other systems" question: They already know there's WII, XBOX 360 and PS3. If they don't let me have a PS2, much less they're gonna consider letting me have any other system. Their reasons? Two. One is that "it's unnecessary". The other is "I'm too old for videogames and should be thinking of other stuff".

um....give money to a friend of yurs and have him buy it?

Not possible. They're not stupid. :)

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2008, 03:10:12 PM »
Okay look... It's so easy... You either buy it and just face the consequences! Or you don't... Simple as that!
Coming 2099.

Offline Ryu # 20

• Infinity Regular
  • Justice Fighter
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2008, 05:00:43 PM »
Ok.. I think this topic should be closed.. right now.. because obviously you're not listening to what everyone is saying, and this is causing arguments in this topic.. so let's just lock this up right now.. I mean.. come on..

@eg6gsr: You must be stuck in the same situation as Ryu...  :D

:( That was uncalled for. Have you read thefisherkings' post? That plus KPT25's in page 1 sum up my situation.

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2008, 06:34:05 PM »
Is it a money problem? I had a friend who couldn't afford to buy games (even with his own job) cause he had to help support the family.

Offline Ryu # 20

• Infinity Regular
  • Justice Fighter
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2008, 07:53:44 PM »
Is it a money problem? I had a friend who couldn't afford to buy games (even with his own job) cause he had to help support the family.

Nope. I got the money. They just don't let me use it to get the PS2.

omg.. just close this topic.. There's no point anymore.. you obviously don't want to listen to other people. And no that wasn't uncalled for.. it's called the truth (unless you're talking about the eg6gsr comment I made...).

Listen.. you either buy it or you don't.. I mean.. there is no question here.. You're 19, as well, you can buy what you want.. If you're parents think games are unecessary, then why are you on this forum anyways.. this is a gaming (mainly MUGEN) forum.. not a lolipop forum.  8=| (:|

Just close this topic, already... jeez...

What the hell has that gotta do with anything? I'm a gamer alright. It's just my parents don't want to let me get a PS2. I've gone over the reasons why I'm asking here before, but it looks like you just didn't read. It's not that I don't want to listen to other people. Yes, I know this is stupid. I've read every single comment and at least they're trying to help. It's not THAT simple as "either you buy it or you don't". And people like Angsty Meier Link, eg6sgr and thefisherkings have understood the situation alright but haven't been able to find any solutions. If you agree with them, say it plain and simple but don't throw sh*t at me. Jeez... No need to get mad over such a stupid matter.

Offline BEATMASTERMIKE

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:November 23, 2013, 07:30:51 PM
  • SHINKU HADOUKEN真空波動拳!!!
    • Youtube.com
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2008, 08:18:32 PM »
see if you have any friends that are selling it and buy it off of them thats what i would do if they find out i guess they find out they should get ova it right? can't stay mad at you forever
優秀な反作用

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[June 28, 2024, 10:20:44 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Diek Stiekem
[June 25, 2024, 10:25:34 AM]

Golden Axe Returns by striderhiryu201
[June 23, 2024, 04:15:50 PM]

Virtual Bart Science Fair by Rage
[June 21, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

Turn Battle - Mega Man Robot Master Mayhem by O Ilusionista
[June 18, 2024, 10:11:08 AM]

Classic VS : Cheng / Athena by O Ilusionista
[June 18, 2024, 10:10:26 AM]

Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari Stage Pack by Vegaz by LightFlare
[June 17, 2024, 02:30:12 PM]

Street Fighter Spec Ops 2021 by O Ilusionista
[June 08, 2024, 01:36:06 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

* IMT Calendar

June 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 [29]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal