collapse

Author Topic: MORTAL KOMBAT VS DETECTIVE COMICS!  (Read 23841 times)

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 08, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
  • Still Nutpatch but a bit more nutty
    • Email
Re: MORTAL KOMBAT VS DETECTIVE COMICS!
« Reply #175 on: June 08, 2008, 05:06:49 PM »
oh yea other confirmed characters

Mk:
----
Mileena
Liu Kang
Sindel
Shang Tsung

Other Dc Characters
----------------
Cat Woman
Poison Ivy
Green Lantern
Martian Man hunter

where were these confirmed?

[youtube=425,350]VM-voON0UjM[/youtube]

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:July 09, 2024, 09:24:19 PM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #176 on: June 08, 2008, 07:55:49 PM »
I haven't even played this, and I've already picked my 2 favorite characters... Sub-Zero and Kabal! I wanna see some mad Kabal kombos in this game man!!

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #177 on: June 08, 2008, 08:12:14 PM »
I haven't even played this, and I've already picked my 2 favorite characters... Sub-Zero and Kabal! I wanna see some mad Kabal kombos in this game man!!

yea i feel ya the only thing that is messing with me is.... why does everyone think this game is a bad idea!!!! they are talkin about ed boon sold out i mean seriously guys this is da best thing that ever happened to mk am i right?

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #178 on: June 08, 2008, 08:34:30 PM »
eh.. Mortal Kombat vs Marvel would've been a better choice, to be honest... but I don't mind against DC.. just hoping they face off against Marvel soon... or maybe when the next generation of consoles comes out.. because Marvel is composed of what.. like.. 5000 characters.. lol!!  :D :D :DxDie :DxDie

Offline J.C.McMinis

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:March 16, 2011, 03:56:49 AM
  • All American Father
    • Email
« Reply #179 on: June 09, 2008, 01:00:13 AM »
This game does look awesome. Here's an idea for a matchup

Deathstroke Vs Kano

"If we forget One Nation Under God, then we are a nation gone under" Ronald Regan.

Offline Bud the C.H.U.D.

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 09, 2010, 07:44:32 PM
  • Troll 2, anyone?
« Reply #180 on: June 09, 2008, 05:00:05 PM »
I am personally PUMPED for this game. Great move by MK, and it should rock.

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #181 on: June 21, 2008, 06:50:40 PM »
 ::salute:: ::salute:: Guess wat Flash and sonya confirmed  XD|| XD||

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #182 on: June 21, 2008, 06:53:38 PM »
woot Flash! and sonya is still alive? she's been in like every game lol.

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline That Mugen Guy

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:March 27, 2012, 11:40:02 PM
    • Email
« Reply #183 on: June 21, 2008, 07:09:20 PM »
 :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: Flash, and he better make use of his speed and not for just certain moves

Jesus loves me, he loves me a bunch! Because he always puts Skippy in my lunch!

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #184 on: June 21, 2008, 07:24:03 PM »
:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: Flash, and he better make use of his speed and not for just certain moves

lets pray for kabal now.

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #185 on: June 22, 2008, 03:16:30 AM »

lets pray for kabal now.

I'm rooting for him too!! He better have some insane combos, or else I'll be pissed.  >:(

Offline Tundra

• Co-Founder/Former Member of the Infinity Deviants
  • Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:August 26, 2024, 01:55:14 AM
  • SHEESH!!!
    • Wavy_Lamborghini
    • Email
« Reply #186 on: June 22, 2008, 03:20:11 AM »
this better be a good game or Ed Boon will be sleeping with the fishes. "Get em BRUNO!!!! Sure Thing Boss!"

Offline shinra358

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:August 16, 2008, 07:20:26 PM
« Reply #187 on: June 22, 2008, 05:43:54 AM »
If Jax will be on there (prolly so) then i hope he gets his mk shaolin monks look(that was the best jax i ever seen). cuz the mk 5,6,and 7 concept for Jax sucked @$$...

Offline Akeme

• Last Login:March 15, 2010, 11:16:35 PM
« Reply #188 on: June 22, 2008, 05:46:42 AM »
Hmmmm ;)

"Since when thy become the bad guy"

Offline juelz aka wolfi

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 14, 2022, 06:32:03 AM
  • still no cajones to fight me? fuhgetdaboutit
    • Email
« Reply #189 on: June 23, 2008, 09:07:49 PM »
@ nutpatch fanks for da pics lukin gud
id jus like to see scorps against martian man hunter (he dont like fire rite?
sig by jvalent2 what happens to hulk? tell you soon
avatar shield by akeme and darktalbain

Offline Akeme

« Reply #190 on: June 24, 2008, 03:34:15 AM »
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe Q&A
We catch up with Ed Boon to find out more about the upcoming fighting mash-up from Midway featuring Mortal Kombat.
By Staff, GameSpot
Posted Jun 23, 2008 4:41 pm PT
GameSpot: Now that the news has been out for a while, what do you make of the reaction?

Ed Boon: The initial reaction was a pretty universal "WTF?" There were quite a few people who were very vocal about their opinions and a good number of them were objecting to the idea. At the same time, we understood that this was a reaction to an announcement and a teaser trailer that didn't give many specifics about the game. When little information is released, there are a lot of assumptions and speculation made by people, some of which quickly become (incorrect) facts. Fatalities is a great example of this. I was surprised to see so many stories stating (with so much certainty) that the game wasn't going to have fatalities. As if we made an official announcement. We knew that eventually people would learn the truth and all the confusion would be cleared up. In an odd sort of way, I was actually impressed to see how much passion the MK fans still have for the series. If they didn't care, you wouldn't have seen anywhere near the volume of discussion that came from the announcement.

A sight many never expected to see.
GS: Is it what you expected? Has there been anything surprising?

EB: To some degree, it was what we were expecting, but not at the intensity level and not the volume. We were really surprised how much of the media that don't normally cover video game news covered the story. We were also surprised by how much speculation and assumptions people made about the game after seeing practically zero gameplay. Again, the MK fans never cease to amaze us. If anything, the intensity of their reaction has inspired us to make the game even better.

GS: How has it gone down with DC? You're obviously used to the Internet percolating over game announcements, but this is probably new ground for them. Did you need to explain anything to them?

EB: Going into this, we've had a number of conversations with DC about what people's reactions will be. We have been pleasantly surprised as to how cooperative DC has been with us. They understand that their universe isn't as violent as Mortal Kombat's and that there would be a lot of assumptions that the game would be a "watered-down MK." So from that standpoint, we know that is where a lot of player's concerns would be. With that, our discussions with DC are mainly based on individual items that may or may not be too violent or are not in brand with their characters. Certain animations, blood effects, and sound effects that we have in the game are really pushing the T-rating envelope.

GS: Did you see any reactions out there that stood out as being valid or totally off base?

EB: In terms of valid responses, I've been surprised at how many people are recognizing all the assumptions that are going on. People who've pointed out the obvious of "nobody has even played the game yet" have a very valid point. On the other hand, the people who have assumed things like there will be no blood or fatalities in the game have been totally off base. Unfortunately, this assumption has been made by a good number of players and even some of the press, but you really can't fault them when so little information has been officially announced. Again, over time, all of the details will be revealed.

GS: Did you see any speculation on the roster that nailed it or came close?

EB: I don't think I saw a list that got all of the characters right. But I did see quite a few people using common sense to guess at which characters would be included, and those were the ones who got the most number of characters correct.

This is not a dance--this is fighting.
GS: Has reaction influenced development at all?

EB: To some extent, yes. The MK team definitely wants to please the fans. That has always been our number one goal. At the same time, we understood that a lot of the reaction was from speculation and rumors, so we didn't change things based on someone ranting (incorrectly) that the game was not going to have fatalities. Still, we didn't ignore the reactions as they certainly reinforced how important certain aspects of Mortal Kombat are to the fans.

GS: How's work going? What's gotten done since the announcement?

EB: Since the announcement, we've been in full production mode. A lot of content is being added into the game. Arenas, character models, animations, and sounds. We've also been cranking very hard on our Story mode, which is really going to tell a great story from two perspectives (MK-side and DC-side) that answers all of the questions people have about how these two worlds collide. In addition, we've been refining our different fighting modes (Klose Kombat and Freefall Kombat), so they look, feel, and play just right.

GS: How challenging has it been to revamp the fighting system?

EB: It's been a pretty big challenge. At the same time, it's been nice to reboot the fighting mechanic once again. One of our main points of focus has been the balance between the normal fighting mechanic, the Klose Kombat, and the Freefall Kombat. We want to make sure the amount of time you play in each of these modes feels right.

GS: Have you made any more headway on the fatality versus finishing moves?

EB: Yes we have. All of the MK characters and all of the DC villains will have fatalities. The DC heroes who don't kill that often will have brutalities that will function just like fatalities but don't actually kill the opponent.

GS: What can we look for at E3?

EB: We will be showing four characters and two arenas.

Batman isn't much of a killer, so expect brutalities out of him rather than fatalities.
GS: So now that the door's been opened with MK vs. DC, do you think fans might get MK vs. Street Fighter?

EB: I've never held back my enthusiasm for doing a project like MK vs. Street Fighter. I still think it would be a blast to do. But the reality of the situation is that we are two different companies. That's a tough obstacle to overcome. It's kind of like doing Tekken vs. Virtua Fighter, Die Hard vs. Rambo, Coke vs. Pepsi, "Family Ties" vs. "Growing Pains," Alien vs. Preda...never mind...you get the idea.

GS: Thanks for your time.

Here is link for pics http://www.fightersgeneration.com/main.htm

Offline juelz aka wolfi

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #191 on: June 24, 2008, 11:43:07 AM »
very interesting man thanks for da info akeme
well atleast our fave part of the game is in there gud ol fatalities i agree wiv super heroes having brutalities and not fatalities coz of younger kids that luk up to em
cant w8 for a full roster

im jus guessin here for DC villains

darkseid
joker
luthor
brainiac
sinestro
gorilla grodd
doomsday

Offline Negi Springfield

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:December 26, 2022, 03:12:38 PM
  • Got some change?!
    • Hokuto_no_Fan
« Reply #192 on: June 24, 2008, 01:10:49 PM »
<.< well now that everything I've been saying since day one has been confirmed...
*cough*
Can't wait for future up-dates
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 05:07:54 PM by Negi Springfield »

Offline Worksa8

• Rocket Punch!
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:June 13, 2021, 01:19:25 PM
  • Rocket Punch!
« Reply #193 on: June 24, 2008, 02:57:11 PM »
Hey, they said the Heroes don't kill, nothing about the DC villians or the MK characters....
I wonder, teen or Mature?

Offline Weapon x program

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 16, 2015, 12:38:11 PM
  • welcome
« Reply #194 on: June 24, 2008, 03:23:04 PM »
alfred please [-O<( i know it s ridiculous, but come on :P)

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #195 on: June 25, 2008, 12:44:03 AM »
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe Q&A
We catch up with Ed Boon to find out more about the upcoming fighting mash-up from Midway featuring Mortal Kombat.
By Staff, GameSpot
Posted Jun 23, 2008 4:41 pm PT
GameSpot: Now that the news has been out for a while, what do you make of the reaction?

Ed Boon: The initial reaction was a pretty universal "WTF?" There were quite a few people who were very vocal about their opinions and a good number of them were objecting to the idea. At the same time, we understood that this was a reaction to an announcement and a teaser trailer that didn't give many specifics about the game. When little information is released, there are a lot of assumptions and speculation made by people, some of which quickly become (incorrect) facts. Fatalities is a great example of this. I was surprised to see so many stories stating (with so much certainty) that the game wasn't going to have fatalities. As if we made an official announcement. We knew that eventually people would learn the truth and all the confusion would be cleared up. In an odd sort of way, I was actually impressed to see how much passion the MK fans still have for the series. If they didn't care, you wouldn't have seen anywhere near the volume of discussion that came from the announcement.

A sight many never expected to see.
GS: Is it what you expected? Has there been anything surprising?

EB: To some degree, it was what we were expecting, but not at the intensity level and not the volume. We were really surprised how much of the media that don't normally cover video game news covered the story. We were also surprised by how much speculation and assumptions people made about the game after seeing practically zero gameplay. Again, the MK fans never cease to amaze us. If anything, the intensity of their reaction has inspired us to make the game even better.

GS: How has it gone down with DC? You're obviously used to the Internet percolating over game announcements, but this is probably new ground for them. Did you need to explain anything to them?

EB: Going into this, we've had a number of conversations with DC about what people's reactions will be. We have been pleasantly surprised as to how cooperative DC has been with us. They understand that their universe isn't as violent as Mortal Kombat's and that there would be a lot of assumptions that the game would be a "watered-down MK." So from that standpoint, we know that is where a lot of player's concerns would be. With that, our discussions with DC are mainly based on individual items that may or may not be too violent or are not in brand with their characters. Certain animations, blood effects, and sound effects that we have in the game are really pushing the T-rating envelope.

GS: Did you see any reactions out there that stood out as being valid or totally off base?

EB: In terms of valid responses, I've been surprised at how many people are recognizing all the assumptions that are going on. People who've pointed out the obvious of "nobody has even played the game yet" have a very valid point. On the other hand, the people who have assumed things like there will be no blood or fatalities in the game have been totally off base. Unfortunately, this assumption has been made by a good number of players and even some of the press, but you really can't fault them when so little information has been officially announced. Again, over time, all of the details will be revealed.

GS: Did you see any speculation on the roster that nailed it or came close?

EB: I don't think I saw a list that got all of the characters right. But I did see quite a few people using common sense to guess at which characters would be included, and those were the ones who got the most number of characters correct.

This is not a dance--this is fighting.
GS: Has reaction influenced development at all?

EB: To some extent, yes. The MK team definitely wants to please the fans. That has always been our number one goal. At the same time, we understood that a lot of the reaction was from speculation and rumors, so we didn't change things based on someone ranting (incorrectly) that the game was not going to have fatalities. Still, we didn't ignore the reactions as they certainly reinforced how important certain aspects of Mortal Kombat are to the fans.

GS: How's work going? What's gotten done since the announcement?

EB: Since the announcement, we've been in full production mode. A lot of content is being added into the game. Arenas, character models, animations, and sounds. We've also been cranking very hard on our Story mode, which is really going to tell a great story from two perspectives (MK-side and DC-side) that answers all of the questions people have about how these two worlds collide. In addition, we've been refining our different fighting modes (Klose Kombat and Freefall Kombat), so they look, feel, and play just right.

GS: How challenging has it been to revamp the fighting system?

EB: It's been a pretty big challenge. At the same time, it's been nice to reboot the fighting mechanic once again. One of our main points of focus has been the balance between the normal fighting mechanic, the Klose Kombat, and the Freefall Kombat. We want to make sure the amount of time you play in each of these modes feels right.

GS: Have you made any more headway on the fatality versus finishing moves?

EB: Yes we have. All of the MK characters and all of the DC villains will have fatalities. The DC heroes who don't kill that often will have brutalities that will function just like fatalities but don't actually kill the opponent.

GS: What can we look for at E3?

EB: We will be showing four characters and two arenas.

Batman isn't much of a killer, so expect brutalities out of him rather than fatalities.
GS: So now that the door's been opened with MK vs. DC, do you think fans might get MK vs. Street Fighter?

EB: I've never held back my enthusiasm for doing a project like MK vs. Street Fighter. I still think it would be a blast to do. But the reality of the situation is that we are two different companies. That's a tough obstacle to overcome. It's kind of like doing Tekken vs. Virtua Fighter, Die Hard vs. Rambo, Coke vs. Pepsi, "Family Ties" vs. "Growing Pains," Alien vs. Preda...never mind...you get the idea.

GS: Thanks for your time.

Here is link for pics http://www.fightersgeneration.com/main.htm

thanx for da interview im sure it answered a bunch of questions we all had anyways i bet those dumasses are feelin pretty stupid already who said there were no fatalities.

Offline DMP

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 18, 2011, 03:49:25 PM
    • Email
« Reply #196 on: June 25, 2008, 12:53:02 AM »
I can't wait to see what sick demented ways the joker can use to kill people

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #197 on: June 26, 2008, 02:19:03 AM »
some better quallity pics  @-) @-) @-)

« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 02:28:33 AM by Nutpatch »

Offline Akeme

« Reply #198 on: June 26, 2008, 02:29:45 AM »
nice thanks for the pics ;)

Offline juelz aka wolfi

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #199 on: June 26, 2008, 03:53:36 PM »
yeah baby gud ol scorps doing his thang
more pics are welcome and more info
sayf

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Justice League Seattle Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[Today at 12:14:06 PM]

Ancient Gears Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[September 20, 2024, 11:59:18 AM]

Classic VS : Balrog by ELECTRO
[September 17, 2024, 04:48:07 PM]

Justice League Metropolis Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 16, 2024, 11:57:49 AM]

Ultimate Mai Shiranui (FF2 & FF3) by nickfurry
[September 15, 2024, 02:27:53 AM]

thunderstrike eric masterson by Blagoy
[September 12, 2024, 02:41:33 PM]

Justice League Gotham Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 11, 2024, 09:41:42 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[September 07, 2024, 03:06:46 AM]

MatreroG's Stages W.I.P. Concepts by MatreroG
[September 06, 2024, 01:27:09 PM]

Justice League Flash Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 03, 2024, 10:30:40 AM]

* IMT Calendar

September 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28