collapse

Author Topic: My Edit of Binho's Subzero  (Read 2882 times)

Offline ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~

• Special Ops Mugen Creator
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 10, 2024, 04:28:06 PM
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
My Edit of Binho's Subzero
« on: April 10, 2008, 04:45:44 AM »
Hello mugen fans and creators, my name is race 45 And this is my first edit release. I'm not really new to mugen, i have enjoyed it like
all the rest of you for 3 years now.... And during that time i learned alot of things during trial
and error and boy has it been a hell of a ride..  One day like most of you i came across Binho's Subzero
and like most of you i luved him instantly.... So, while playing mugen one day, i saw him and i decided that i was going to
edit him to my liking, and what had first started out as a edit that i was goin to keep for myself, i decided why not keep on editing and share him with everybody
So i went and got permission from Binho himself like so "Look down" And there you go....  i hope that you like it, and let me please stress this, " IF THERE IS
SOMETHING THAT YOU THINK I SHOULD ADD OR CHANGE, FEEL FREE TO SAY SO, OR IF YOU THINK I
MADE SOME ERRORS SOMEWHERE (WHICH I'M SURE I DID BECAUSE THIS IS MY FIRST RELEASE) THEN
LET ME KNO IN A POLITE WAY AND IF YOU COULD, TELL ME WHAT I CAN DO TO FIX IT... DO NOT
GET ON THE FORUM OR ANYWHERE ELSE BASHING ME ABOUT THIS EDIT... I CAN TAKE DIFFERENT
OPINIONS ON THINGS BUT I WILL NOT TOLERATE ANY DISRESPECT... MUGEN IS SUPPOSED TO BE
FOR FUN NOT DRAMA... SO PLEASE ACT MATURE AND ENJOY THIS EDIT
  ;D

here is the download link http://www.esnips.com/web/j23almightysStuff    the password is : time2race

1st off, i would like to thank Binho,
and all the rest of the people who helped make subzero and the other mortal kombat characters
into cvs style for mugen because they are totally awesome..  ^:)^

2nd, i would like to thank infinity Administrator, Excursion, because dude i really
liked how u helped guide me through this whole "get permission process" and u took the time
to talk to me and do what little help you could do, and that shows good leadership..  =D>
I appreciate it too....

3rd i'd like to thank all of you who have went and took the time to download this Edit of
Binho's subzero  :thumbsup:

Now here r the edits...  ;D
EDITS

1. Subzero can now combo even more and link almost any move to another  :o
2. He can cancel out other super moves like Capcom Vs.Snk characters.
3. He has 3  new  original super moves... They all include binho's super backgrounds and hit sparks and also blood..  :w00t:
4. I wanted subzero to have a voice so, i gave him a  original voice.. (Yes that's right, its original)  :-@
5. I changed his cns so that the ground velocity wouldn't be so high so combos would connect
6. I added sounds to his snd for his punches and kicks and also for his super moves and his voice...
7. And last but not least, i added a Standing fierce punch and kick so that he he will be sorta 6 button like..  =D>
(Fierce punch = Z    Fierce Kick = c)

New Super Moves!!!!!!!!!!!!! (All new moves only take 1 level of your super bar)
1.Ice Slicer = D,DB,B,D,DB,B,a

2.Ice Breaker = D,B,D,F,y

3.Polar Bash = D, DB ,B , D, DB ,B ,y

Things i need to add.....
1.Well i need to add a hard air kick and punch so that subzero can truly be a 6 button character
2.Maybe do more voice overs for him
3.Add like 2 more intros
4.Make it where somehow all is fatalities work on anybody maybe

RE: Binho i'd like to ask you something about one of your characters

Hello Friend !!

Thats good that you like my chars !!
I intend to do an updating in all the chars of MK that I did, the problem is that I don't have a long time to do that, so i am going slowly  :/
I don't see a problem in you placing the update or edit that you did for download!!
Don't remove the credits that I gave who it helped me with the char !! please.
And I also intend to do an update one day, I hope you don't see problem if I use something that you did when I update sub-zero. :p

Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 17:33:08 -0700
Subject: Binho i'd like to ask you something about one of your characters
To: mugenbinho@Hotmail.com

Hey Binho, my name is race45... I was very grateful and impressed with all of your work and i was just one of your fans just waiting and waiting for a newer update with one of your characters, and one inparticular was subzero so..... With sometime and effort i too learned some coding with mugen and i took it upon myself to edit your subzero for my own personal use.... don't get me wrong i like everything that u did for the character, i just wanted to add more to him.... And i didn't leak it in anyway, i took it upon myself to come and ask u would it be alright if i released an edit of your character to mugen... Its not really an edit its an add on, cus all i did was add more moves and sound effects, i kept everything that u did.... Of course i would giv u credit for making the character, all i want is your permission... now if this isn't enough then feel free ta say why or something ok.... i thank for your time reading this and take care....

« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 02:38:26 AM by race45 »

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
Re: My Edit of Binho's Subzero
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 05:01:41 AM »
That's really cool of Binho to let you release this . You really don't find alot of that going around this community anymore . I heard he was a pretty cool person .

I agree with you on Excursion . Part of the reason why Medieval Spawn will run smoother is because of him . Excursion demonstrated on my Harley Quinn for me , how to do better animations .  If you look at Hobgoblin's cape & now Spawn's , you can definately tell that I improved because of his teachings .

Sub is my favorite MK character . So of course I will try out this version . Probably this weekend when I have more time .

Thanx for the release  :thumbsup:

BTW you may want to change the password on one or the other . Because they are both the same . :-"

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 05:03:49 AM »
yeah i'm about to delete it now that u have gotten it, sorry...... he he heeeeh i will put it back up and change it to somethin else ok and then i will let you kno ok....

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 06:21:15 AM »
Questions ......

Does he still have that fatality where he uppercuts them / forms the icicle / & they get impaled on it ? Or was that just in Binho's first release of the character ?

Did you add that Ice Hammer move ?

Also , why is there double the sprites in the character now & some are in the wrong palette ? Just curious if this is some effect that needed to be done ?

(click to show/hide)

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 07:40:13 AM »
ok that is because I saved all of subzero's sprites and then i went back and made one whole group that included all of his sprites because i wanted to have easy access to all of them instead of goin to group by group. But later on i still used the other method anyway.... And the reason why some r in the wrong palette is because  i was tryin to add some sprites of ice shooting out like a sheet becuz it was going to be  a supermove called frost crush but see i didn't kno how to code it the right way so i left it alone... So if you can get me some help on it then i will gladly except... And let me tell you about the ice hammer lol... its funny u say that becuz before i had released him i had just removed it and see this is what i did... Binho had it in there but like it seemed like all the fatalities he had where meant to be for only his characters and a few others... So what i had did was i had made a regular state -1 trigger  in the cmd like i did with the other super moves and i just replaced what was in the "xxxxx" with "icehammer" and then boom!!! when i did the motion for that fatality it worked and it actually killed the oppenent but the only prob was the character could still move before i actually hit him with the hammer, and we all kno during a Mortak Kombat fatality, the opponent should not be able to move(And also i was able to do this move at anytime i wanted without having to wait till the second round or anything) ... Now it would kill the character if it did connect and everything would be normal, but if it didn't, whatever that goes on during the fatality still goes on and your opponent keeps on fighting, and the explods stay there and it looks cheesy :DxDie  :D  8-}.... So with all that said, i decided to take it out, and i said to myself when i can figure out how to fix that, i will include it in an update to the edit... 

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 10:22:25 AM »
Sounds good so far...and about the PM i got from you,take a screenshot of your edit and post the release by yourself if you have the chance...we,the reporters will provide news coverage from places outside the IMT  :)
Congrats on the release and getting authorization from bihno

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:August 21, 2024, 12:15:11 PM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 11:31:22 AM »
I think you have found your caling, race45. Keep up the good work.
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline JonnyTanna

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 12, 2017, 09:13:01 PM
    • Jonny Tanna Films
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 01:41:13 PM »
Sounds real good.. Good luck with that!

Offline Gold_TSG

• Contributor
  • Last Login:May 15, 2015, 03:44:25 AM
  • Palette God
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 03:48:00 PM »
The Hard punch/kick needs to be fixed. You can hold the button, and it won't do the move until you let go of it. You should also remove the ability to chain moves into the same move. I can score a 17 hit combo with his Hard punch and it can kill them. I can also chain it 5 times in the corner to take away almost 1/2 their life. He's way too overpowered with these problems.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 05:06:14 PM by Gold_TSG »

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 04:03:45 PM »
yeah you're right Gold_TSG I was thinkin about doin that 2.... I purposely knew that someone would see that, but i though some may like it but i see that i need to lower the damage a lil and fix that.... But um i'll fix it maybe later on tonight.....

Sounds real good.. Good luck with that!
Thank u so much Uche_of_MI, KPT25, and JonnyTanna, and u too Gold.... your words help further my motivation to do more.....

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 04:21:21 PM »
The Hard punch/kick needs to be fixed. You can hold the button, and it won't do the move until you let go of it. You should also remove the ability to chain moves into the same move. I can score a 17 hit combo with his Hard punch and it can kill them. I can also chain it 5 times in the corner to do take away almost 1/2 their life. He's way too overpowered with these problems.

Ok Gold man tyhanks so much dude, i'm glad you pointed out that bug um i'm about go go and fix that, so ATTENTION EVERYONE WHO HAS DOWNLOADED THIS EDIT!!! I'm about to go ahead and fix that bug about the hard punch and kick so when i say so, go ahead and download him again....

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2008, 04:29:22 PM »
alright everybody, i fixed the bug about the hard punch and kick so go back to the site and redownload him

Offline Gold_TSG

• Contributor
  • Last Login:May 15, 2015, 03:44:25 AM
  • Palette God
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2008, 05:08:01 PM »
The Hard punch/kick needs to be fixed. You can hold the button, and it won't do the move until you let go of it. You should also remove the ability to chain moves into the same move. I can score a 17 hit combo with his Hard punch and it can kill them. I can also chain it 5 times in the corner to do take away almost 1/2 their life. He's way too overpowered with these problems.

Ok Gold man tyhanks so much dude, i'm glad you pointed out that bug um i'm about go go and fix that, so ATTENTION EVERYONE WHO HAS DOWNLOADED THIS EDIT!!! I'm about to go ahead and fix that bug about the hard punch and kick so when i say so, go ahead and download him again....

No problem. :)

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2008, 05:22:38 PM »
It's funny you mention the hammer fatality could be done all the time . When MK 2 first came out in the arcade & they first added the chip set with sub's superfreeze/uppercut  fatality . It could be done during the match . I thought it was great !  :DxDie That was also the version chipset that you could make multiple babies on the screen & then kill them .   :o

(click to show/hide)

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:September 19, 2024, 11:29:48 PM
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2008, 05:31:28 PM »
Thanks race, I appreciate the shout out, but you were the one who asked for help in the 1st place, so I was happy to oblige. As for Sub-Zero, I can't want to see what else you add to him. He plays well and is truly different now that he can combo his moves together. :)

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2008, 05:59:42 PM »
Thanks Excursion, and DT i'm still working on that other stuff for u too ok.....

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2008, 03:41:35 PM »
I tested your edit and it turned out pretty good overall
I noticed that you can make infinites out of punches and kicks(pressing them continuously will lead to an easy ko,specially the strong versions) so you should dampen the damage or make the hit push the opponent further,so the same button doesn`t hit it as well...

Other than that it`s a decent edit of the character,good job pal! :)

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2008, 03:50:26 PM »
Yeah you're right, i thought about that, i'll go back and make the changes when i get off of work and thatnks for helpin me dude..... I got the screenshot up by myself after all ha ha haaaa... And im already through with scorpion's combos so imight release him this weekend after i make new super moves....  :thumbsup:

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2008, 10:03:26 PM »
 :o :o :o :o :o :o

Scorpion too ?

Man this is great !  :thumbsup:

race you should contact that guy at Mugen Guild & see if you can edit his Binho style Lui Kang & Ermac . They are somewhat decent , but have no blood or fatalities . That would be sweet if you did those next .

(click to show/hide)

Offline aa250

• CrusaderCast Admin
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 13, 2021, 04:20:33 PM
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2008, 10:15:20 PM »
Well to tell the truth Shazzo has no intention in adding blood to his character. Also he lost alot of updates on Ermac and Lui Kang. So there not going to be any updated I agree with DT you should ask Shazzo for permission. OH BTW l love the stuff you put on subzero. Scorpion. :o :o :o

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2008, 02:36:52 AM »
Thanks guys, you all make me feel proud to have don this i appreciate the luv but this would not be possible if binho would haver said no, so thank him too  =D>.... Um yeah i already talked to shazzo one time but um when i get a chance i'l pm him again and ask him to go and check my subzero out, and if likes it could i do the same thing to his characters.... And about the blood.... hmmm i just might input it, but i'tll take awhile because i would of course ask binho again or somethin..... so cross your fingers.... Anyway, i'm workin on scorpion now... i got the combos down, and they r just like subzero's (Very chainy) And about how they chain let me say this, i very well kno that they can chain on and on(To a certain exstint) but i left it like that because i hate how the computer is always blocking and to me this makes it feel like scorpion and subzero did in the 1st mortal kombat movie (Awesome fights).. But i was thinkin about those who probably don't want it to be like that and all they probably want is the addition of the fierce punch and kick and the new supermoves... so i might go back and take my style of chaining combos out and put it back like binho had it also i would put the voice back like binho had it... but this would of course be another version of him for the hardcore mortal kombat fans....

Offline .:K.I.N.G:.

• King &
  • Global Moderator
  • Last Login:May 16, 2013, 07:18:26 PM
  • Accepting All Challenges
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2008, 03:41:40 AM »
nicely done =D> very good character
i haven't used binho's subzero before..i know nothing about but i have some feedback for you.
i don't know if these are your stuff or binho's but i'll give feedback anyways since you are improving on subzero.

1-the palette is deferent at the start of his bear hyper..the color looks more lightened than in the normal pal...also the clothes are deferent a bit when he starts that hyper and get to the ground.
2-his cutter hyper the one looks like guile's hyper has some thing at the end...when subzero lands on ground he land a bit far back from his air position
3-his ice clone special should be more effective..cus now i can o make the move at close rang and still it doesn't get the enemy.
4-some animations need smoothing and some need fixing..like
the uppercut animation is a bit strange and walk animation too.
his high punch projectile throwing anim needs smoothing..maybe add a frame or 2
some of his animations needs that aswell..
5-i like how he chains combos but he can he can chain the same attack forever like if you hit lp again and again they will still chain .. fixing the self chaining is optional not really important but i just mentioned it in case you didn't notice it.

if i find something els i'll post it..good luck
I'm a Dude Playing a Dude, Disguised as Another Dude

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2008, 04:03:57 AM »
thanks for the feedback, Mr.47, i appreciate it... But um i didn't do the ice clone special, binho did but i will try to fix that, um also i didn't do the uppercut, or the high punch projectile, however i ddi do three new super moves : Ice Slicer, Ice Breaker, and Polar Bash... Now about the pallete change, hmmmm... i didn't notice that, but i'm glad u brought it up and i will look into that ok.. And about the combos, binho had did his own style of chaining, so i went back and changed all of it to my style but you're right about the on and on hits, its like that because i changed the ground velocity to zero so the character would not slide back as much thus making it where i could combo, but i will update him and change that myself but to those who don't kno, thats what i did, so if u want to go ahead and change it without havin to wait for me, then open up the constant file for subzero and look for all the puches and kicks and go to where the hit def is for each punch or kick and change the ground velocity to whatever you like, like to start it off change it to like 3 for light, 5 for strong, and 10 or maybe 12 for fierce and that should work

Offline CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!! LVL 16!!

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 12, 2010, 08:55:52 PM
  • Pretend this mood thing says, "Feelin' Obvious!"
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2008, 04:36:51 AM »
Wish I could try it. THis so far sounds like a Well done, put effort into, quality edit!! :thumbsup:

Esnips isnt letting me DL and wants me to "Login..."

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2008, 04:50:36 AM »
what r u sure, i wonder why it does that, it should let you download it..... I mean i already got like over 300 people that have downloaded it ..... um... do you want me ta try to send him to ya?......

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Ancient Gears Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[Today at 11:59:18 AM]

Classic VS : Balrog by ELECTRO
[September 17, 2024, 04:48:07 PM]

Justice League Metropolis Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 16, 2024, 11:57:49 AM]

Ultimate Mai Shiranui (FF2 & FF3) by nickfurry
[September 15, 2024, 02:27:53 AM]

thunderstrike eric masterson by Blagoy
[September 12, 2024, 02:41:33 PM]

Justice League Gotham Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 11, 2024, 09:41:42 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[September 07, 2024, 03:06:46 AM]

MatreroG's Stages W.I.P. Concepts by MatreroG
[September 06, 2024, 01:27:09 PM]

Justice League Flash Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 03, 2024, 10:30:40 AM]

Raid's here! Raid kills fighters dead in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[August 31, 2024, 02:44:15 PM]

* IMT Calendar

September 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14