collapse

Author Topic: capcom will probably get marvel license back  (Read 1049 times)

Offline BA$

• The guy who notices the small things people don't
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 17, 2014, 09:20:37 PM
  • I want to contrbute for MUGEN
    • follow me at twitter
capcom will probably get marvel license back
« on: April 05, 2008, 10:39:27 PM »
http://www.capcom.com/BBS/showthread.php?t=25446

capcom might get the marvel license back

marvel nemesis was gay !!!  >:(

Quote from: Unknown
Thinking.
Why does Dommsday pull the cape out of his crotch though

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:March 30, 2017, 10:27:21 PM
    • Email
Re: capcom will probably get marvel license back
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 10:41:29 PM »
http://www.capcom.com/BBS/showthread.php?t=25446

capcom might get the marvel license back

marvel nemesis was gay !!!  >:(

There was allready a topic 'bout this, but I 'doubt Capcom will get the license!
Coming 2099.

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:June 27, 2018, 08:24:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 12:15:15 AM »
If there is a MvC3, then it will most likely be in 3D... and Dante will be in it ;D

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline Warcueid

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 25, 2024, 12:27:39 PM
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 12:36:41 AM »
Capcom wasn't even mentioned there. As much as I would like another MvC game (without the cheapness/infinites/assists) I don't see that ever happening soon. Isn't Marvels License even more expensive now?

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 01:02:27 AM »
Augh, not another one of these topics.

It's just a pipe dream, people.

Until something definite is announced, can topics like these please stop?
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline BA$

• The guy who notices the small things people don't
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 17, 2014, 09:20:37 PM
  • I want to contrbute for MUGEN
    • follow me at twitter
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 12:08:03 PM »
off topic: damn it why do i always make topics and ppl reply there's already been topics about it !!!!!!!!!!!!  >:( >:( >:(

HULK SMASH
Quote from: Unknown
Thinking.
Why does Dommsday pull the cape out of his crotch though

Offline daniel13789

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 25, 2014, 11:23:01 PM
  • (had to remove it >:P)
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 03:23:53 PM »
off topic: damn it why do i always make topics and ppl reply there's already been topics about it !!!!!!!!!!!!  >:( >:( >:(

HULK SMASH

lol i feel ur pain :P

Team Snowman (stay frosty ;) )
(had to take away some arse threatened  me to

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 06:04:38 PM »
While Marvel Nemesis wasn't the next MvC game, I liked it because it made me feel like the characters that I was playing. Spiderman felt like I was playing Spiderman, Wolverine felt like I was playing Wolverine, Magneto made me feel like I was playing as Magneto (honestly I was only expecting him to throw around small things as projectiles, I never thought they would go full throttle into his powers and make him fly and throw tanks like he could in the comics).

I hope Capcom does make a MvC3, and they probably will if SF4 is a success and there is huge demand for MvC3 to be made.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 09:24:44 PM »
While Marvel Nemesis wasn't the next MvC game, I liked it because it made me feel like the characters that I was playing. Spiderman felt like I was playing Spiderman, Wolverine felt like I was playing Wolverine, Magneto made me feel like I was playing as Magneto (honestly I was only expecting him to throw around small things as projectiles, I never thought they would go full throttle into his powers and make him fly and throw tanks like he could in the comics).

I hope Capcom does make a MvC3, and they probably will if SF4 is a success and there is huge demand for MvC3 to be made.

Where've you been? There's BEEN a huge demand for MvC3.  ;*))
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 09:31:18 PM »

Wheres Captain Obvious when you need him?
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2008, 09:35:18 PM »

Somewhere. Doing....something obviously.

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2008, 11:05:06 PM »

Not as huge as Halo 3 when Halo 2 first came out.

I mean, in order for MvC3 to be made. It has to be demanded from every corner of the planet. People aren't exactly riding on Capcom to make MvC3. They were riding on Capcom to make SF4 since 2000ish, and not nearly as ridey as MvC3.
While the demand might seem huge, it's actually a quite whimper to a lot of other demands in the gaming community, let alone Capcom's community.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:September 03, 2024, 08:44:02 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2008, 11:42:22 PM »
I mean, in order for MvC3 to be made. It has to be demanded from every corner of the planet. People aren't exactly riding on Capcom to make MvC3. They were riding on Capcom to make SF4 since 2000ish, and not nearly as ridey as MvC3.
While the demand might seem huge, it's actually a quite whimper to a lot of other demands in the gaming community, let alone Capcom's community.

I don't expect MvC3 to ever happen. Let's look at the history.

XvSF: 2 on 2, 16 characters + 1 hidden, variable attack, counter, dual supers

MvSF: 2 on 2, 17 characters + 8 hidden, variable attack, counter, partner assist, dual supers

MvC: 2 on 2, 15 characters + 6 hidden, variable attack, counter, 3 character assist, dual supers, variable combination

MvC2: 3 on 3, 56 characters (F hidden), variable attack, counter, partner assist, character force-outs, dual supers, tri-supers, consecutive supers

What else can they really do that hasn't already been done to improve the engine besides fix all the infinites and add even more characters? No I honestly think they're done with that.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2008, 11:45:13 PM »

I don't expect MvC3 to ever happen. Let's look at the history.

XvSF: 2 on 2, 16 characters + 1 hidden, variable attack, counter, dual supers

MvSF: 2 on 2, 17 characters + 8 hidden, variable attack, counter, partner assist, dual supers

MvC: 2 on 2, 15 characters + 6 hidden, variable attack, counter, 3 character assist, dual supers, variable combination

MvC2: 3 on 3, 56 characters (F hidden), variable attack, counter, partner assist, character force-outs, dual supers, tri-supers, consecutive supers

What else can they really do that hasn't already been done to improve the engine besides fix all the infinites and add even more characters? No I honestly think they're done with that.
A lot of people didn't expect SF4 to happen either...

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2008, 12:31:44 AM »

Yeah, but Street Fighter as itself has a much simpler formula. It's almost always 1 on 1 save for EX3 for PS2 and Dramatic Battle on Alpha 3. The major change is always the engine and play mechanics.

SSF2T brought a diffuclt but basic combo system and introduced us to super moves

Alpha tweaked the everliving hell out of em with 3 bars, isms, alpha counters, level 3 supers, etc.

SF3 simplified the Super system to just one, but bad @$$ if you use it right and parrying.

SF4 gives us a super bar and a revenge bar and other mechanics.

It was just a matter of time before SF4 came around, they just had to figure out what to do different to make it stand out. The vs series doesn't have that same versatility. MvC2 definitely made that formula stale. Same reason why there's no CAP vs SNK 3. Instead we got SNK vs CAP: Chaos and that was just 1 on 1 with SNK style combat.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2008, 01:06:07 AM »

Yeah, but Street Fighter as itself has a much simpler formula. It's almost always 1 on 1 save for EX3 for PS2 and Dramatic Battle on Alpha 3. The major change is always the engine and play mechanics.

SSF2T brought a diffuclt but basic combo system and introduced us to super moves

Alpha tweaked the everliving hell out of em with 3 bars, isms, alpha counters, level 3 supers, etc.

SF3 simplified the Super system to just one, but bad @$$ if you use it right and parrying.

SF4 gives us a super bar and a revenge bar and other mechanics.

It was just a matter of time before SF4 came around, they just had to figure out what to do different to make it stand out. The vs series doesn't have that same versatility. MvC2 definitely made that formula stale. Same reason why there's no CAP vs SNK 3. Instead we got SNK vs CAP: Chaos and that was just 1 on 1 with SNK style combat.
Honestly, before they announced SF4, I just gave up entirely on a new sequel. SF3 while a good game, wasn't successful as the other games under it's situation of being casted on underrated consoles, and lack of Arcades in USA.
Since Capcom seems to do spin offs instead of sequels (like Megaman, and Megaman X), I expected an alternate universe of SF more then a sequel.

What I'm trying to say is, expect the unexpected.
Back after TMNT 3 came out, I would have never expected the 4th film to come out like it did last year. I never expected an Indiana Jones movie, but there's a 4.
Nobody really expected sequels of Rocky, Rambo, and Die Hard, because each series died with time, but sure enough they all had sequels, and after Mummy Returns I thought it was a wrap (the Scorpion King made me had a lot of doubts about a Mummy 3).

A lot of my unexpectations have come to bite me in my rear.
I'm just saying if they had a huge cult following like Star Wars, Halo, Naruto, Sonic, Mario, Zelda, Final Fantasy etc. then it would most likely have a 3rd  game, but nowadays fans of 2d fighters usually fall under the SF, KOF, MK, or Guilty Gear categories.

I doubt there will be a DarkStalkers 4 but you never know.    :-??

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2008, 01:13:13 AM »
Meh, Darkstalkers is fun and all, but do you honestly hear anyone talk about it now?

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2008, 01:17:42 AM »
Meh, Darkstalkers is fun and all, but do you honestly hear anyone talk about it now?
Well I liked it. It reminds me a lot of some of the characters from Guilty Gear.
 I even got that version of Dark Stalkers for psp (But I don't play it anymore because my psp analog stick broke off... Cheap Sony bastards).

Offline Warcueid

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 25, 2024, 12:27:39 PM
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2008, 01:36:32 AM »
Darkstalkers was and is a good game that people would love to see right now. Of course with new sprites. Character designs were great and so was the storyline. The reason you don't hear people talk about it is because people now just want to play MvC2, SSF2T, SF3. Why? SF3 and MvC2 are both very popular and much new-er than DS. SSF2T, honestly it doesn't appeal to me at all, but, people like it.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2008, 05:24:44 PM »
Honestly, before they announced SF4, I just gave up entirely on a new sequel. SF3 while a good game, wasn't successful as the other games under it's situation of being casted on underrated consoles, and lack of Arcades in USA.
Since Capcom seems to do spin offs instead of sequels (like Megaman, and Megaman X), I expected an alternate universe of SF more then a sequel.

What I'm trying to say is, expect the unexpected.
Back after TMNT 3 came out, I would have never expected the 4th film to come out like it did last year. I never expected an Indiana Jones movie, but there's a 4.
Nobody really expected sequels of Rocky, Rambo, and Die Hard, because each series died with time, but sure enough they all had sequels, and after Mummy Returns I thought it was a wrap (the Scorpion King made me had a lot of doubts about a Mummy 3).

A lot of my unexpectations have come to bite me in my rear.
I'm just saying if they had a huge cult following like Star Wars, Halo, Naruto, Sonic, Mario, Zelda, Final Fantasy etc. then it would most likely have a 3rd  game, but nowadays fans of 2d fighters usually fall under the SF, KOF, MK, or Guilty Gear categories.

I doubt there will be a DarkStalkers 4 but you never know.    :-??

Those are all examples of the past coming around because people realized, this era sucks and times past were just plain better. I mean, how many old tv shows have been remade into feature films in the last 6 years? I'm not even gonna bother listing examples cause I don't need to. The past almost always comes around.

Besides, Capcom is not about to let one of it's cash-cows go by the wayside. So long as they exist there will always be a new:

Megaman
Street Fighter
Resident Evil

No matter how awesome other games they make are and will be, they know they are sworn by duty to these three franchises. Same reason why Mario and Sonic will continue to live on. Hell, Devil May Cry exists because inititaly it was a new Resident Evil game.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!! LVL 16!!

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 12, 2010, 08:55:52 PM
  • Pretend this mood thing says, "Feelin' Obvious!"
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2008, 10:43:59 PM »

OH $#!%. Did I miss the Obvious Signal Again!?!?  ~X(

ONTOPIC:
I was thinking...
HYPOTHETICALLY if, MvC 3 is announced, would Capcom ask for some Mugen Marvel Creations to be used in the game?? I'm saying that Would capcom E-mail one of the makers of that High Quality DeadPool and ask for the sprites in exchange for $$$??

Just a little thot that immediately came to me.

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2008, 11:23:56 PM »

OH $#!%. Did I miss the Obvious Signal Again!?!?  ~X(

OBViOUSLY 8-}

ONTOPIC:
I was thinking...
HYPOTHETICALLY if, MvC 3 is announced, would Capcom ask for some Mugen Marvel Creations to be used in the game?? I'm saying that Would capcom E-mail one of the makers of that High Quality DeadPool and ask for the sprites in exchange for $$$??

Just a little thot that immediately came to me.

Why would they ask when it its OBViOUS that the very same sprites they would be asking for are theirs originally just edited. Yeah, I understand having the rest of the sprites for attacks and whatnot. But, Im sure they would see a char like Deadpool and put their own spin on it or make something better/to their liking. Aside from morale & respect, with a Marvel license they pretty much have the freedom to do as they please and just take the whole char. 
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2008, 12:04:47 PM »
Why would they ask when it its OBViOUS that the very same sprites they would be asking for are theirs originally just edited. Yeah, I understand having the rest of the sprites for attacks and whatnot. But, Im sure they would see a char like Deadpool and put their own spin on it or make something better/to their liking. Aside from morale & respect, with a Marvel license they pretty much have the freedom to do as they please and just take the whole char. 

Wow. You know, he has a point... If they did announce a MvC3, Capcom would have every right to just hunt through the Mugen community and collect every Marvel character that isn't already in MvC2 and lay claim to them as their own. I mean, what could anyone really do about it except b**** and moan? As is, they and other game companies ALLOW us to exist because of the fact that it's all in fan service and no profit is made.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Justice League Seattle Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 23, 2024, 12:14:06 PM]

Ancient Gears Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[September 20, 2024, 11:59:18 AM]

Classic VS : Balrog by ELECTRO
[September 17, 2024, 04:48:07 PM]

Justice League Metropolis Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 16, 2024, 11:57:49 AM]

Ultimate Mai Shiranui (FF2 & FF3) by nickfurry
[September 15, 2024, 02:27:53 AM]

thunderstrike eric masterson by Blagoy
[September 12, 2024, 02:41:33 PM]

Justice League Gotham Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 11, 2024, 09:41:42 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[September 07, 2024, 03:06:46 AM]

MatreroG's Stages W.I.P. Concepts by MatreroG
[September 06, 2024, 01:27:09 PM]

Justice League Flash Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 03, 2024, 10:30:40 AM]

* IMT Calendar

September 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28