collapse

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Rumble: a What If Studios production:  (Read 1156 times)

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:September 03, 2024, 08:44:02 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
Super Smash Bros. Rumble: a What If Studios production:
« on: March 31, 2008, 04:00:10 PM »
What if Smash got one more sequel?

What if it was called Super Smash Bros. Rumble?

What if Rumble included every charcter from the past three games, regardless if they were clones or not?

What if Rumble added even more charcters, include more 3rd party specials?

What if that sequal came in two discs?

What if the second disc was a complete Full-on action RPG?

What if in the RPG, you finally met the face behind the "Hands"?

What if the ONLY way to unlock hidden charcters, items, stages, etc. in the first disc was to unlock them from the second disc?

« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 04:09:12 PM by G Lux »

(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:March 30, 2017, 10:27:21 PM
    • Email
Re: Super Smash Bros. Rumble: a What If Studios production:
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 04:37:07 PM »
What if Smash got one more sequel?

What if it was called Super Smash Bros. Rumble?

What if Rumble included every charcter from the past three games, regardless if they were clones or not?

What if Rumble added even more charcters, include more 3rd party specials?

What if that sequal came in two discs?

What if the second disc was a complete Full-on action RPG?

What if in the RPG, you finally met the face behind the "Hands"?

What if the ONLY way to unlock hidden charcters, items, stages, etc. in the first disc was to unlock them from the second disc?

NO! This would suck, and we already met the face behind Master Hand, it's Tabuu! "Rumble" sounds gay! Unless it was this: Then I would be happy!
Coming 2099.

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 04:53:14 PM »
tabuu wasn't behind master hand. he was controlling him.

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 05:05:35 PM »

Duh, controling him this whole time, I think it even says that on his trophy, try reading it if you ever get it!
Coming 2099.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 05:08:56 PM »

Duh, controling him this whole time, I think it even says that on his trophy, try reading it if you ever get it!

Calm down Daigo. He was controlling the hand by force, and Hand was not happy with that at all. You saw as soon as his chains were cut, he went straight for Taboo without a thought.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline KenshinX

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:September 18, 2011, 01:36:06 PM
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 05:10:04 PM »
If there was a 4th Installment the only character worth bringing back are Mewtwo, maybe Roy if they made his moveset unique. and Switch up Doc Mario for paper Mario :thumbsup: Megaman should join in as another 3rd party representitive and Zero as a character or AT. Tails should either be AT or character in the next game(Imo shadow didnt deserve the spot more then tails) Online should have KB chat(at the very least) New special brawls like king of the Hill etc. More bosses like robotnik he shouldve been at least a sub boss.
Maybe a Design your own custom costume for your characters. Everyone with their own Final Smash. More more more characters :P I'll think of more later...   

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 05:12:27 PM »
If there was a 4th Installment the only character worth bringing back are Mewtwo, maybe Roy if they made his moveset unique. and Switch up Doc Mario for paper Mario :thumbsup: Megaman should join in as another 3rd party representitive and Zero as a character or AT. Tails should either be AT or character in the next game(Imo shadow didnt deserve the spot more then tails) Online should have KB chat(at the very least) New special brawls like king of the Hill etc. More bosses like robotnik he shouldve been at least a sub boss.
Maybe a Design your own custom costume for your characters. Everyone with their own Final Smash. More more more characters :P I'll think of more later...   

Thats exactly what I said.

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 05:13:37 PM »

Calm down Daigo. He was controlling the hand by force, and Hand was not happy with that at all. You saw as soon as his chains were cut, he went straight for Taboo without a thought.

Calm down, wtf, I am calm, anyways, I don't realy wanna see who's behind the hand, I like it the way it is! Master Hand is cool!!! And I wanted to see Fox, the AT Fox as a character!
Coming 2099.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 05:43:30 PM »

Calm down, wtf, I am calm, anyways, I don't realy wanna see who's behind the hand, I like it the way it is! Master Hand is cool!!! And I wanted to see Fox, the AT Fox as a character!

You use ! alot, and I mean alot. Like proverbal butt-loads alot. It seems like you're yelling at the time, that's all.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Legend Inc.

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 10, 2008, 06:01:16 PM
  • HOORAY FOR CENSORSHIP
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2008, 06:20:06 PM »
if there was another game to the series then the characters that they should add should be representations of yesterdays and todays gaming

but they shouldnt add a whole crapload of crossover game console characters
1 or 2 from each different console [other than nintendo of course] should suffice

maybe keep snake and add Sora from kingdom hearts [could happen seeing how a future game of KH will be on the DS]
and i think it would be so bad butt to have master chief

but hey this is my opinion
 dont like it? then move along

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2008, 08:40:18 PM »
I like the idea. I wanted to see Roy and Megaman in brawl so that was like two kicks to me from nintendo. maybe they'll be in if there ever is a new Smash Bros.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 12:20:22 AM »
They have been debating making a Sequel to Subspace Emmisary. I mean Subspace Emmisary was cool, But it felt like I when through it to fast. I've got 96 percent and I only have 12 hours into it. Something like 40 hours would be awesome.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2008, 12:26:04 AM »
Hm. I think the cut scenes for the Adventure Mode should've been longer.  <_<|...|

And well this IS probably just me, but I think 3rd parties don't belong in the Smash series. I mean, with all the third parties people want Smash just wouldn't feel the same. (I mean, Geno? WTF? He was only in one game. Sora? How about no. There's many more characters, but so little time to name them all.)
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 12:35:53 AM »
Hm. I think the cut scenes for the Adventure Mode should've been longer.  <_<|...|

And well this IS probably just me, but I think 3rd parties don't belong in the Smash series. I mean, with all the third parties people want Smash just wouldn't feel the same. (I mean, Geno? WTF? He was only in one game. Sora? How about no. There's many more characters, but so little time to name them all.)

Pitt, one game yet there he is.

Marth, one game, not even in English, yet there he is, again.

Ice Climbers, one game, yet there they are, again. (bottom tier my @$$, TR4Q!)

So why not Geno? At least he was in a game with the word "Super Mario" in the title. I think that more than qualifies him.

Don't need a lot of 3rd party characters, 5 will do just fine.

(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 01:04:37 AM »

Ice Climbers, one game, yet there they are.

Marth, one game, not even in English, yet there he is again (top tier my @$$, TR4Q!)

So why not Geno? At least he was in a game with the word "Super Mario" in the title. I think that more than qualifies him.

Oh yeah, Pit, IC, and Marth are all 1st party owned. So, I really don't know why you included them there in your argument.

As for Geno, come on. Really? It's a f**k*** puppet. Besides, the only people that really wanted him in are those people who idolize him just because he's owned by Square-Enix. Second of all, he was in that one game, and then forgotten for all these years. (save for M&L.) Come on, even Square ignores him.

By your logic for Geno getting in just based on his presence in a Mario game, then here's a list of characters that should be in the next game.
-A goomba. (Marth clone)
-A koopa. (Peach clone)
-A bob-omb. (Lucario clone)
-A bullet and banzai bill. (Mewtwo clones)
-A team of cheep-cheeps. (ala Pokemon Trainer)
-Bertha from the Super Mario Bros. film. (original)
-Pauline. (Bowser clone)
-Foreman Spike. (original)
-Raphael the Raven. (original)
-That apple shaped zombie enemy from Super Mario Land 2: The 6 Golden Coins. (Ike clone)
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2008, 01:14:36 AM »

Marth, one game, not even in English, yet there he is again (top tier my @$$, TR4Q!)

Oh yeah, Pit, IC, and Marth are all 1st party owned. So, I really don't know why you included them there in your argument.

As for Geno, come on. Really? It's a f**k*** puppet. Besides, the only people that really wanted him in are those people who idolize him just because he's owned by Square-Enix. Second of all, he was in that one game, and then forgotten for all these years. (save for M&L.) Come on, even Square ignores him.

By your logic for Geno getting in just based on his presence in a Mario game, then here's a list of characters that should be in the next game.
-A goomba. (Marth clone)
-A koopa. (Peach clone)
-Pauline. (Bowser clone)
-That apple shaped zombie enemy from Super Mario Land 2: The 6 Golden Coins. (Ike clone)

WTF! I don't see how any of those could play as the clones you've made them, anyways, I don't see all the hype about Geno, does he have some kool story or something? His look is really gay!
Coming 2099.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2008, 01:22:44 AM »

-A goomba. (Marth clone)
-A koopa. (Peach clone)
-Pauline. (Bowser clone)

WTF! I don't see how any of those could play as the clones you've made them, anyways, I don't see all the hype about Geno, does he have some kool story or something? His look is really gay!

I'm just trying to show G Lux how rediculous his Geno argument is. (clone thing was just a joke lol) No, he's just a puppet.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2008, 01:34:17 AM »

-A goomba. (Marth clone)
-A koopa. (Peach clone)
-Pauline. (Bowser clone)

Now now, don't you think that list response is a little childish, and quite a stretch to your arguement? Geno is fully capable of having a complete original moveset.

And so what if he's a puppet. Would be so strange considering you've already got dino-dragon-like creature, a electric rat, a water-spiting turtle, two monkeys, a pink don't-even-know-what-it-is thing, a robot that wasn't even in a game (R.O.B. is just a perphiral), two children with psyhic powers, two midgets with hammers, several anthropomorphic characters (some of which fly spacecraft), a 2D midget that somehow exists in a 3D world, and a toon?

Is is so ridiculous now?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 01:50:43 AM by G Lux »
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2008, 01:45:26 AM »
^It's not exactly childish. I'm just trying to add some fun to this little discussion. Loosen up, man.  :)

I guess Geno could have an original moveset, however I still cannot get over the fact that he is owned by a 3rd party. However, if Nintendo does decide to create a new entry in the series with Geno included, then I guess I'd accept him.

Still....all of that may seem rediculous, but they're all 1st party, so it's okay. I mean, isn't that what the Smash Bros. series is all about? Bringing together Nintendo characters from all over to fight? I mean, I've accepted that they may want to add more 3rd party characters, but if it gets too out of hand, it would just become a commercialized MUGEN and would run the series into the ground. (for me that is. I'd still play it, but it just wouldn't be the same game that I played when I was 9.)

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2008, 01:54:58 AM »
Ok. Where I coming from is this:

With all the hype they put around taking in fan suggestions on third party characters, the general fanbase expected more than two characters. Once the showed Snake at the end of that trailer, we all knew Sonic was in, even if he wasn't confirmed. So people got to thinking who else would make the cut. Little did they know the draft was over. It was kind of a letdown.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 02:00:58 AM by G Lux »
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2008, 01:58:44 AM »
^Yep. Not only did the fans speculate who else would be in, they also overhyped each alleged newcomer to the status of  already being in despite being confirmed. Not only was it a letdown to many, I mean even I had a few characters I wanted to see, it was more of a "f**k YOU GAMERS" from Nintendo. So yeah, I see what you mean now.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2008, 02:01:23 AM »
So if another one comes around, just a few more would "make the happy". Someone from the Megaman world, that an automatic given, and two others. And Geno would make a logical choice, a Square representive that already has experience with Nintendo.

So you've have Konami, Sega, Capcom, and Square, all gaming legends, with a contribution.

The fifth company though, I don't know who to think of...

EDIT: Oh wait, Billy F'n Lee!!!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 02:17:57 AM by G Lux »
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2008, 02:14:05 AM »
So if another one comes around, just a few more would "make the happy". Someone from the Megaman world, that an automatic given, and two others. And Geno would make a logical choice, a Square representive that already has experience with Nintendo.

So you've have Konami, Sega, Capcom, and Square, all gaming legends, with a contribution.

The fifth company though, I don't know who to think of...

EDIT: Oh wait. Billy f'n Lee!!!

Personally I'm pulling for Char Aznable. (just cause....just cause.) That or a character from Gundam 00. (Bandai released a game on the DS based on that show)

How about a Mii....I'd love that actually. (and Char too. >.>)

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2008, 02:19:24 AM »
A mii could be like Ace from Street Fighter EX3, customizible specials and final smash.

No no, not Billy Lee, Rash from Battletoads! Under Rare Ltd. Yeah Rare is gaming legend.

Konami, Sega, Capcom, Square, and Rare. yeah...

EDIT: OMG, Exia with Trans-Am as a final Smash?! INSANITY!!!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 02:40:28 AM by G Lux »
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:June 27, 2018, 08:24:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2008, 02:26:52 AM »
The only other 3rd party character i'd like to see is MegaMan and that's it.

... unless of course Rare would be awesome enough to let Banjo Kazooie in the game then :thumbsup:

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Justice League Seattle Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 23, 2024, 12:14:06 PM]

Ancient Gears Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[September 20, 2024, 11:59:18 AM]

Classic VS : Balrog by ELECTRO
[September 17, 2024, 04:48:07 PM]

Justice League Metropolis Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 16, 2024, 11:57:49 AM]

Ultimate Mai Shiranui (FF2 & FF3) by nickfurry
[September 15, 2024, 02:27:53 AM]

thunderstrike eric masterson by Blagoy
[September 12, 2024, 02:41:33 PM]

Justice League Gotham Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 11, 2024, 09:41:42 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[September 07, 2024, 03:06:46 AM]

MatreroG's Stages W.I.P. Concepts by MatreroG
[September 06, 2024, 01:27:09 PM]

Justice League Flash Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 03, 2024, 10:30:40 AM]

* IMT Calendar

September 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28