collapse

Author Topic: IronMan cartoon!! Coming soon on... NickToons?!?!?  (Read 929 times)

Offline CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!! LVL 16!!

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 12, 2010, 08:55:52 PM
  • Pretend this mood thing says, "Feelin' Obvious!"
IronMan cartoon!! Coming soon on... NickToons?!?!?
« on: March 18, 2008, 09:35:51 PM »

Yes, in order to get the hype going they make an IronMan Cartoon landing in the Nickelodeon's OTHER Channel  "NickToons Network"

If you have comcast digital cable you probably have Nicktoons,

IS THIS CARTOON WORTH WATCHING?? DID I MENTION THEY MAKE IRONMAN A TEENAGER?!?! YES A TEENAGER...

http://blog.newsarama.com/2008/03/18/animated-iron-teen-wolverine-land-at-nicktoons/
http://betweenthestaples.com/2008/03/18/legion-over-teen-iron-man-and-wolvie-the-x-men/

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
Re: IronMan cartoon!! Coming soon on... NickToons?!?!?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 09:47:57 PM »
Interesting spinoff...but i don`t like it...i saw a cover of the avengers with a small looking iron man and i didn`t like how it looked... :D

Offline ★Leon★

• Kusanagi
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 16, 2008, 01:55:00 AM
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 09:55:02 PM »
THEY MAKE IRONMAN A TEENAGER?!?! YES A TEENAGER...
Nickelodeon.....
This is sooooo gonna suck...

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 10:18:39 PM »
Whatever happened to that 3d animation?

Offline malisiousjoe

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:November 27, 2011, 10:33:23 PM
  • Stop your crying!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 11:11:55 PM »
THEY MAKE IRONMAN A TEENAGER?!?! YES A TEENAGER...
Nickelodeon.....
This is sooooo gonna suck...
No this is gonna mega suck...

Thanks DG!

Offline The Rippah, Roo'Jizah Panzermanathod

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 02, 2009, 03:48:41 PM
  • No place for Panzer to call home.
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 11:30:24 PM »
Wait, what? Teenager? Making him this young with the suit will completely screw over Iron Man's original beginnings.

Well, if they can do this stuff in the Unlimited series...
Punctuation and capitalization can make the difference between "I helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse," and, "I helped my uncle jack off a horse."

92% of people have moved onto rap. If you're part of the 8% who thinks rap isn't music, sucks to be you.

Most newer stuff sucks, though.

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 01:17:47 AM »
 8=| BOOOOO! terrible idea. Its like WB and Spiderman.
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 01:43:31 AM »
wait a minute on nick......... :o

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!! LVL 16!!

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 12, 2010, 08:55:52 PM
  • Pretend this mood thing says, "Feelin' Obvious!"
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 02:46:26 AM »
Whatever happened to that 3d animation?

That was for promoting the THEN Cancelled EA Marvel Game. I think.

@MunkyMouf: Hey I like that Spiderman show!!  8-}

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 03:03:34 AM »
Wait, what? Teenager? Making him this young with the suit will completely screw over Iron Man's original beginnings.

Well, if they can do this stuff in the Unlimited series...
I think that's what it's supposed to be. If they have any characters making Cameos they will probably be from things like Ultimate Spiderman.

Offline The Great Matsutzu

• Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:April 17, 2009, 10:03:33 AM
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2008, 10:24:02 AM »
I remember there was an Iron Man cartyoon in the 90's-- It had characters like Spider Woman and Scarlet Witch in it too. THis one doesn't seem quite as interesting, but that's just me.

The idea seems to be a bit to similar to 'The Batman". A lot of the super hero shows follow the same trends for awhile. One usually stands at at first, and the rest follow suit.

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2008, 11:26:13 AM »
But I can see Bruce becoming Batman as a young adult. He had most of his life to become his alter ego. Iron Man, on the other hand, was fairly far into adult hood, so it's seemingly more convoluted to have a Teenage Iron Man running about.

And WB Spider-Man? I hardly watch TV anymore...
Punctuation and capitalization can make the difference between "I helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse," and, "I helped my uncle jack off a horse."

92% of people have moved onto rap. If you're part of the 8% who thinks rap isn't music, sucks to be you.

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2008, 11:53:53 AM »
Well as you can see, there was a teen iron man before in the main marvel timeline

The story arc "The Crossing" reveals Iron Man as a traitor among the Avengers' ranks, due to his having been manipulated for years and used as a sleeper agent by the time-traveling dictator Kang the Conqueror. Stark, in Kang's thrall, kills Marilla, the nanny of Crystal and Quicksilver's daughter Luna, as well as Rita DeMara, the female Yellowjacket, then an ally of the Avengers. (The miniseries Avengers Forever later retcons these events as having been due to the machinations of a disguised Immortus, not Kang, and that the mental control had gone back only a few months).

Needing help to defeat both Stark and the ostensible Kang, the team travels back in time to recruit a teenaged Tony Stark from an alternate timeline to assist them. The young Stark steals an Iron Man suit in order to aid the Avengers against his older self. The sight of his younger self shocks the older Stark enough for him to regain momentary control of his actions, and he sacrifices his life to stop Kang. The young Stark later builds his own suit to become the new Iron Man, and, remaining in the present day, gains legal control of "his" company.

During the battle with the creature called Onslaught, the teenaged Stark dies, along with many other superheroes. However, Franklin Richards preserves these "dead" heroes in the "Heroes Reborn" pocket universe, in which Tony Stark is once again an adult hero; Franklin recreates the heroes in the pocket universe in the forms he is most familiar with rather than what they are at the present. The reborn adult Stark, upon returning to the normal Marvel Universe, merges with the original Stark, who had died during "The Crossing," but was resurrected by Franklin Richards. This new Tony Stark possesses the memories of both the original and teenage Tony Starks, and thus considers himself to be essentially both of them. With the aid of the law firm Nelson & Murdock, he successfully regains his fortune and- what with Stark Enterprises having been sold to the Fujikawa Corporation following Stark's death- sets up a new company, Stark Solutions. He also returns from the pocket universe with a restored and healthy heart. After the Avengers reform, Stark demands a hearing be convened to look into his actions just prior to the Onslaught incident. Cleared of wrongdoing, he rejoins the Avengers.

So hopefuly this show will fallow that a bit...

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2008, 11:54:52 AM »
That new Spiderman has been lame at best, it doesnt even make sense with any Spider history I know of. It doesnt follow the movies, it doesnt follow the comics, bah. Iron man for Nik looks like the next big mistake.

The MTV Spiderman had mad potential, what a waste.

Marvel needs to leave the toons to DC, and put more money into better screen writers for their blockbuster movies.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2008, 11:57:45 AM »
Well as you can see, there was a teen iron man before in the main marvel timeline

The story arc "The Crossing" reveals Iron Man as a traitor among the Avengers' ranks, due to his having been manipulated for years and used as a sleeper agent by the time-traveling dictator Kang the Conqueror. Stark, in Kang's thrall, kills Marilla, the nanny of Crystal and Quicksilver's daughter Luna, as well as Rita DeMara, the female Yellowjacket, then an ally of the Avengers. (The miniseries Avengers Forever later retcons these events as having been due to the machinations of a disguised Immortus, not Kang, and that the mental control had gone back only a few months).

Needing help to defeat both Stark and the ostensible Kang, the team travels back in time to recruit a teenaged Tony Stark from an alternate timeline to assist them. The young Stark steals an Iron Man suit in order to aid the Avengers against his older self. The sight of his younger self shocks the older Stark enough for him to regain momentary control of his actions, and he sacrifices his life to stop Kang. The young Stark later builds his own suit to become the new Iron Man, and, remaining in the present day, gains legal control of "his" company.

During the battle with the creature called Onslaught, the teenaged Stark dies, along with many other superheroes. However, Franklin Richards preserves these "dead" heroes in the "Heroes Reborn" pocket universe, in which Tony Stark is once again an adult hero; Franklin recreates the heroes in the pocket universe in the forms he is most familiar with rather than what they are at the present. The reborn adult Stark, upon returning to the normal Marvel Universe, merges with the original Stark, who had died during "The Crossing," but was resurrected by Franklin Richards. This new Tony Stark possesses the memories of both the original and teenage Tony Starks, and thus considers himself to be essentially both of them. With the aid of the law firm Nelson & Murdock, he successfully regains his fortune and- what with Stark Enterprises having been sold to the Fujikawa Corporation following Stark's death- sets up a new company, Stark Solutions. He also returns from the pocket universe with a restored and healthy heart. After the Avengers reform, Stark demands a hearing be convened to look into his actions just prior to the Onslaught incident. Cleared of wrongdoing, he rejoins the Avengers.

So hopefuly this show will fallow that a bit...

They were prettty quick to abandon that storyline though, thank the lord!

Offline XerXes

• Last Login:January 28, 2016, 12:55:22 AM
  • Infinity News Team
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2008, 03:42:32 PM »
Comic Book Fan here just putting my 2 cents...
8=| BOOOOO! terrible idea. Its like WB and Spiderman.
Well not completely but some what. Here goes... well i feel that on one hand marvel should try to really appeal to there main audience and that is 17-35---> maybe younger but maybe older give or take. No offence to people who are younger than the age bracket but i notice people who are younger tend to like anime and more general kinds of cartoons and when you get older than the age bracket people tend to not be interested any more. That said i think if marvel really tried to push these kids shows into the adult themes and story's kind of like batman the animated series (Superman the animated series was good to but came off as fluff most of the time) there cartoons would win more awards, especially if they offered serious story lines and put more effort into there writing material instead of just making movie cartoon tie-ins (Kind of reminds of the 90's when every time there was a big blockbuster there was a cartoon not to far away). I cant say that the new spiderman series is completely crap cause i only caught one episode (The lizard), but the story was to far off and convoluted for my taste and just mainly threw in a lot of action which isn't a bad thing but being 24 i tend to want story and action married in perfect harmony (or maybe I'm just asking for to much). Marvel made a marvel adventures line (Rated E for everyone) which isn't really making big sales so i don't see why they are pouring all of there energy into a kid show (Oh wait kids shows have commercial spots and adverts pay money for those spots, but I'm not telling you something you didn't know.....right?)..... Wake up comic corps these (Distractions/Entertainment) are a growing adult industry.
"PRESENTS MUGEN FIGHT NIGHTS"

<-Place holder for future collaboration.

Offline The Great Matsutzu

• Last Login:April 17, 2009, 10:03:33 AM
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2008, 08:02:39 AM »
But I can see Bruce becoming Batman as a young adult. He had most of his life to become his alter ego. Iron Man, on the other hand, was fairly far into adult hood, so it's seemingly more convoluted to have a Teenage Iron Man running about.

I agree completley-- that's what I was trying to say exactly. I see "The Batman' as kind of the show they're trying to emulate with the teenage Iron Man show, as it was somewhat popular. But as you said, a teenage Batman makes sense, while a teenage Iron Man simply doesn't.

There always seems to be the idea that if something works for one show in a particular genre (ie: in the case the superhero genre), new shows after it will attempt the same vein. Why? Because the one before had sucess with that formula-- sucess that the new show wants to emulate. However, what the writers fail to realize is what works for one doesn't nessesarily work for the other.

Of course, I have not seen this show, so I can't judge if it's good or bad. I'm just merley agreeing that a teenage Iron Man does make little sense compared to the character's history.

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2008, 08:44:07 AM »
I remember there was an Iron Man cartyoon in the 90's-- It had characters like Spider Woman and Scarlet Witch in it too. THis one doesn't seem quite as interesting, but that's just me.

The idea seems to be a bit to similar to 'The Batman". A lot of the super hero shows follow the same trends for awhile. One usually stands at at first, and the rest follow suit.
"The Batman" was just built off popularity from the movie "Batman Begins".  Although I actually liked this idea because it started with Batman as a lone warrior, I wasn't to excited when they added his sidekicks though. Batman series always seems more interesting when the hero works alone. When Robin/Nightwing and Batgirl are added, the series kind of makes it look like a 3 musketeers thing. If you had to ask me what I think of "The Batman" it would be that history is taking it's place and repeating itself. In the 1980's there was a batman film, and in the 90's there was a cartoon, which if you noticed the first season was Batman the lone warrior, then in second and third season added his other sidekicks. "The Batman" is just the 90's repeating itself. Speaking of which, the 90's series last episode aired on my birthday.  :o

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2008, 10:53:36 AM »
Batman TAS-JLU lasted from 1992-2006.

14 years of Kevin Conroy as Batman is unheard of in action toons. it truly broke my heart when the Dini-verse ended.

All though Paul Dini's writing on the Lost is amazing stuff.

Pretty cool to think the writer of JLU, and the creator of Cloverfield have a hit show on TV.

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2008, 11:25:54 AM »
Batman TAS-JLU lasted from 1992-2006.

14 years of Kevin Conroy as Batman is unheard of in action toons. it truly broke my heart when the Dini-verse ended.

All though Paul Dini's writing on the Lost is amazing stuff.

Pretty cool to think the writer of JLU, and the creator of Cloverfield have a hit show on TV.
While JL and JLU do take place in the same world of of Batman TAS, I don't consider it to be a main animation for the Batman series, rather then just a team of hero's that feature Batman. The reason is, when in JLU they dropped Hawkgirl, it was like the director of the show saying, they can drop any member of the JL they want. I mean imagine if there was a TMNT series, and suddenly Donatello was dropped. It was like the director of JL said screw you hawkgirl fans, we're dropping her so now only Wonder Woman is the only female from the original JL in the show. It kind of dawned on me that they could also drop Batman if they wanted to, but due to popularity I highly doubt they would (although it doesn't really matter since JLU is more about the less popular characters of the series, while the populars mainly hide in a space ship and come out for every few episodes). Batman's self titled series was only around for 3 years.    September 5, 1992 – September 16, 1995.  It featured 4 seasons, and a great storyline, because it was so popular, they reran the show a million times, until the directors decided to do new things.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2008, 12:06:29 PM »
Well it maybe a moot point but actually even though the DVD may be 4 seasons the show didnt run like the box sets.

Batman, and Robin TAS actually was 2 seasons, and it was re-ran a 3rd time. Then there was a break before Gotham Knights started which didnt come out untill after 95, so to say it ended in 95 is a stretch.

Now while you may feel that JLU is a differant animation. bobby Steel, Darwyn Cook, and several other guys all worked on animation on several of the series, and JLU incorporated the art styles from the older series, event though its not as detailed.

Everybody has their preferences but I think most people saw JLU as the logical continuation point.

Also the real reason JLU was ended was because the division of Warner that runs Cartoon Network did not want to pay the cut they had to pay to the division that ran DC the royalties to make new episodes, and the WB was already moving in another direction. It was just one of those situations that was inevitable.

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2008, 01:19:44 PM »
First off, I doubt dropping Hawkgirl was a "screw you" to Hawkgirl fans. All things considered, would you think they would go through the trouble of making this massive, epic, end of the series event *just* so they could drop her on the last episode? It was a major turning point for the JL-JLU series, not some way of saying "We don't like Hawkgirl anymore". It added on to the "superheroes cannot really be trusted" theme that occurred several times throughout JLU.

It wouldn't make sense of Leo was dropped because the TMNT are brothers. What, would Splinter just tell the "leader" to "GTFO mah sewers" for no reason? You can't exactly have a team of family members and kick out one of your brothers to the streets.

Offline dennis872005

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 08, 2010, 08:34:19 PM
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2008, 02:16:33 PM »

Yes, in order to get the hype going they make an IronMan Cartoon landing in the Nickelodeon's OTHER Channel  "NickToons Network"

If you have comcast digital cable you probably have Nicktoons,

IS THIS CARTOON WORTH WATCHING?? DID I MENTION THEY MAKE IRONMAN A TEENAGER?!?! YES A TEENAGER...

http://blog.newsarama.com/2008/03/18/animated-iron-teen-wolverine-land-at-nicktoons/
http://betweenthestaples.com/2008/03/18/legion-over-teen-iron-man-and-wolvie-the-x-men/

that is some nice drawing right there. I don't care about the story since it always gets changed.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[Today at 10:20:44 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Diek Stiekem
[June 25, 2024, 10:25:34 AM]

Golden Axe Returns by striderhiryu201
[June 23, 2024, 04:15:50 PM]

Virtual Bart Science Fair by Rage
[June 21, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

Turn Battle - Mega Man Robot Master Mayhem by O Ilusionista
[June 18, 2024, 10:11:08 AM]

Classic VS : Cheng / Athena by O Ilusionista
[June 18, 2024, 10:10:26 AM]

Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari Stage Pack by Vegaz by LightFlare
[June 17, 2024, 02:30:12 PM]

Street Fighter Spec Ops 2021 by O Ilusionista
[June 08, 2024, 01:36:06 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

* IMT Calendar

June 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal