collapse

Author Topic: Goku Time! (A Pokemon censorship video) Thank you 4SH*t!  (Read 1126 times)

Offline Negi Springfield

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:December 26, 2022, 03:12:38 PM
  • Got some change?!
    • Hokuto_no_Fan
Goku Time! (A Pokemon censorship video) Thank you 4SH*t!
« on: March 15, 2008, 12:03:31 PM »
of course I ment 4Kids
lol
the only reason I reallly posted this was because
if you watch the part with the guy's Riceball/Sandwhich falling down you might notice his va is Masekno/Sean AKA
Son Goku from DB/Z/GT
check it out!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/F2XRp-R9s7A" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/F2XRp-R9s7A</a>
so tell me...
you can DUB a charecter based on the fact they VA'd for Goku in the Japanese version
but not keep in FOOD?

bullshitake
xD

Offline daniel13789

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 25, 2014, 11:23:01 PM
  • (had to remove it >:P)
    • Email
Re: Goku Time! (A Pokemon censorship video) Thank you 4SH*t!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 01:50:16 PM »
LMAO

Team Snowman (stay frosty ;) )
(had to take away some arse threatened  me to

Offline The Rippah, Roo'Jizah Panzermanathod

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 02, 2009, 03:48:41 PM
  • No place for Panzer to call home.
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 02:45:13 PM »
Yeah, it seems stupid... but it's not like Riceballs are common here in America.

This edit, is inane as it is, does make sense.
Punctuation and capitalization can make the difference between "I helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse," and, "I helped my uncle jack off a horse."

92% of people have moved onto rap. If you're part of the 8% who thinks rap isn't music, sucks to be you.

Most newer stuff sucks, though.

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:August 21, 2016, 08:15:31 AM
  • Get the hell out of my way!
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 07:04:54 PM »
Yeah, it seems stupid... but it's not like Riceballs are common here in America.

No it doesn't. Case in point, Naruto and its many references to Japan. If 4kids likes to complain about money, they shouldn't censor stuff like that.

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 07:12:46 PM »

No it doesn't. Case in point, Naruto and its many references to Japan. If 4kids likes to complain about money, they shouldn't censor stuff like that.

I don't get it. I don't even watch Naruto.

But, really, of all the crap 4Kids have pulled, this is one of the few times it makes sense, although it's still an asinine edit. 
Punctuation and capitalization can make the difference between "I helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse," and, "I helped my uncle jack off a horse."

92% of people have moved onto rap. If you're part of the 8% who thinks rap isn't music, sucks to be you.

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 08:19:48 PM »
Actually it doesn't make sense. It's just riceballs. Nothing is controversial about riceballs.
Now I could understand if it was gummy reproductive organs, then yeah, censor it, but riceballs? Seriously, 4kids should be put out of business.

Offline General Frostbite (☆)

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 19, 2008, 08:45:24 PM
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 08:51:44 PM »
of course I ment 4Kids
lol
the only reason I reallly posted this was because
if you watch the part with the guy's Riceball/Sandwhich falling down you might notice his va is Masekno/Sean AKA
Son Goku from DB/Z/GT
check it out!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/F2XRp-R9s7A" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/F2XRp-R9s7A</a>
so tell me...
you can DUB a charecter based on the fact they VA'd for Goku in the Japanese version
but not keep in FOOD?

bullshitake
xD

Not riceball, onigiri. There is a difference.

Anyway, yes, I agree, why remove the onigiri? Not only doesn't it make sense, but they wasted their own time by replacing onigiris with stupid sandwiches and crackers. That's not even dumb, that's retarded. 4Kids is retarded for ruining Japanese animes in this and many more ways. (Poor Yugioh and Pokemon...)

Oh, and I had to laugh, because the fat guy's voice is played by both, Goku's English and Japanese voice actors.

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2008, 10:19:02 PM »
Actually it doesn't make sense. It's just riceballs. Nothing is controversial about riceballs.

I said nothing about controversy. It would make sense if you aren't looking at this as a "controversial edit". I just said that kids generally don't know what a riceball/onigiri. It's supposed to be food rolling down a hill, but how many kids... how many Americans know what an onigiri is? How many would actually be able to quickly figure out that some white triangle thing is food?

It would be on par with a Japanese dub using Yen and US dub using Dollars, or taking out jokes involving pop culture references in Japan. Not everyone's a Japanophile, and thus, not everyone would get Japanese references.

AND STOP MAKING ME TRY SO HARD TO JUSTIFY WHAT 4KIDS DID! I FEEL DIRTY NOW...

I don't even like the edit myself, but I can understand why it was made.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 10:21:15 PM by Wujizah Ma'FDoom Panzermanathod »

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2008, 11:35:22 PM »
Lol...justifying 4kids made me laugh a bit...thankfully nintendo got tired and now it takes care itself of dubbing pokemon(it`s being like that since not so long ago..."your pokemon has been restored,come back soon" like the nurse would say at a PC! :D)

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2008, 11:59:39 PM »

I said nothing about controversy. It would make sense if you aren't looking at this as a "controversial edit". I just said that kids generally don't know what a riceball/onigiri. It's supposed to be food rolling down a hill, but how many kids... how many Americans know what an onigiri is? How many would actually be able to quickly figure out that some white triangle thing is food?

It would be on par with a Japanese dub using Yen and US dub using Dollars, or taking out jokes involving pop culture references in Japan. Not everyone's a Japanophile, and thus, not everyone would get Japanese references.

AND STOP MAKING ME TRY SO HARD TO JUSTIFY WHAT 4KIDS DID! I FEEL DIRTY NOW...

I don't even like the edit myself, but I can understand why it was made.

You make a point, but I can't help but feel the edit was pointless. If kids don't know what it is, it would kinda encourage them to look it up or something, find out more about it. This way, they'd learn about Japanese cuisine.

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2008, 12:22:44 AM »
You make a point, but I can't help but feel the edit was pointless. If kids don't know what it is, it would kinda encourage them to look it up or something, find out more about it. This way, they'd learn about Japanese cuisine.

I really doubt that...

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2008, 12:25:01 AM »

I really doubt that...
I don't. If it wasn't for unedited anime, I would have never eaten ramen, or sushi.

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2008, 12:36:44 AM »
Ramen's pretty common in America (assuming you're American).

As for sushi, your eating of it was really from seeing it in anime?

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2008, 12:38:29 AM »

Well. Manga actually.

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2008, 12:42:46 AM »

Well. Manga actually.

Dude... this may sound picky, but that doesn't count. Unless manga is heavily censored. I wouldn't know, as I'm not a manga reader.

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2008, 12:50:04 AM »

Well. Manga actually.

Dude... this may sound picky, but that doesn't count. Unless manga is heavily censored. I wouldn't know, as I'm not a manga reader.
tenjho tenge is heavily censored. Although from what I know a lot of book stores don't put interest in obscure manga's and mature manga's. The reason why there's less censored manga than anime is because the authors of the manga's want to keep their books in original condition. Now, if 4kids handled manga, we'd be screwed regardless.

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2008, 01:51:14 AM »

Well. Manga actually.

tenjho tenge is heavily censored. Although from what I know a lot of book stores don't put interest in obscure manga's and mature manga's. The reason why there's less censored manga than anime is because the authors of the manga's want to keep their books in original condition. Now, if 4kids handled manga, we'd be screwed regardless.

(Somewhat Off Topic) If 4Kids started censoring Manga, I would gouge out my eyeballs to ensure I never see the horror of 4Kids dubbed Manga (Oooh, that even sounds terrible!)

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2008, 02:59:04 AM »

But, really, of all the crap 4Kids have pulled, this is one of the few times it makes sense, although it's still an asinine edit. 

Then they should edit the Ninja Turtle eps that refers to ANYTHING foreign. I mean might as well called Usagi Yojimbo, Jack the Rabbit and make him a cowboy. Samurai aren't common in the US and kids don't know about midevil Japan, yet the Ninja Turtles traveled to in in the show. Leonardo isn't a normal american name along with the other Turtle names. Ralf should carry knives cause Sais and aren't normal weapons kids know as well. The point is, ninja turtles a AMERICAN product has foreign material in its show and it isn't censored out.

BTW, food doesn't = cultural jokes or money. Food=food, it doesn't really need to be understood outside of eating it. It doesn't make sense for them to edit food and then complain about money. Stop editing food and you'll have more money. I understand blood and cigs and nudity, but food, that is idiotic.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 03:02:28 AM by Theendgamelv3 »

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2008, 03:27:03 AM »

Then they should edit the Ninja Turtle eps that refers to ANYTHING foreign. I mean might as well called Usagi Yojimbo, Jack the Rabbit and make him a cowboy. Samurai aren't common in the US and kids don't know about midevil Japan, yet the Ninja Turtles traveled to in in the show. Leonardo isn't a normal american name along with the other Turtle names. Ralf should carry knives cause Sais and aren't normal weapons kids know as well. The point is, ninja turtles a AMERICAN product has foreign material in its show and it isn't censored out.

BTW, food doesn't = cultural jokes or money. Food=food, it doesn't really need to be understood outside of eating it. It doesn't make sense for them to edit food and then complain about money. Stop editing food and you'll have more money. I understand blood and cigs and nudity, but food, that is idiotic.
lol. In Europe it's called Hero Turtles.

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2008, 09:52:05 AM »

Samurai aren't common in Japan anymore either. I'm not saying it was a foreign reference to be censored, I'm saying it's a foreign reference that some wouldn't get. And kids at least know what Samurai is. Just not a triangular white thing with black on them usually.

Also, you want 4Kids to have more money?

And stop placing this in the same category as controversial scenes.

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2008, 06:16:16 AM »

Samurai aren't common in Japan anymore either. I'm not saying it was a foreign reference to be censored, I'm saying it's a foreign reference that some wouldn't get. And kids at least know what Samurai is. Just not a triangular white thing with black on them usually.

Sais aren't common either, yet they didn't edit Raphs Sais into something kids know. It is a foreign reference some wouldn't know. Medevil Japan is a reference and a place some wouldn't know. Ask a kid to talk about Medevil Japan, or ask them what a Sai is....odds are they won't know what to say.

How am I placing them in the same category? 4kids are when they EDIT that kind of stuff. All I am saying is, I understand edits like blood, nudity, cigs, beer and stuff like that. Food is a unnecessary edit.

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2008, 08:11:10 AM »

Sais aren't common either, yet they didn't edit Raphs Sais into something kids know. It is a foreign reference some wouldn't know. Medevil Japan is a reference and a place some wouldn't know. Ask a kid to talk about Medevil Japan, or ask them what a Sai is....odds are they won't know what to say.

How am I placing them in the same category? 4kids are when they EDIT that kind of stuff. All I am saying is, I understand edits like blood, nudity, cigs, beer and stuff like that. Food is a unnecessary edit.
Yeah I didn't understand what sais were until I did the research on it.

Offline Negi Springfield

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:December 26, 2022, 03:12:38 PM
  • Got some change?!
    • Hokuto_no_Fan
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2008, 08:18:59 AM »
*sigh*
I'm tired of the argueing I was just trying to show you the voice acting for Goku was in both the japanese and English dub of PKMN thats all!
sorry but I feel I gotta lock this topic
and yes the censor was stupid but get over it, there was another even worse edit related to food but I'm not even gonna go there,

TOPIC LOCKED

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

thunderstrike eric masterson by wacky thaxie
[September 26, 2024, 06:09:19 PM]

Classic VS : Balrog by ELECTRO
[September 25, 2024, 11:44:58 PM]

Justice League Seattle Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 23, 2024, 12:14:06 PM]

Ancient Gears Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[September 20, 2024, 11:59:18 AM]

Justice League Metropolis Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 16, 2024, 11:57:49 AM]

Ultimate Mai Shiranui (FF2 & FF3) by nickfurry
[September 15, 2024, 02:27:53 AM]

Justice League Gotham Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 11, 2024, 09:41:42 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[September 07, 2024, 03:06:46 AM]

MatreroG's Stages W.I.P. Concepts by MatreroG
[September 06, 2024, 01:27:09 PM]

Justice League Flash Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 03, 2024, 10:30:40 AM]

* IMT Calendar

September 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28