collapse

Author Topic: Dragonball online  (Read 695 times)

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
Dragonball online
« on: March 15, 2008, 02:51:06 AM »

This game is supposedly going to be released this year (yeah... I doubt that... It's probably going to be released next year....)
First thing first, don't post crap like "I'd much rather have a Naruto mmo", Naruto is just a blatant rip off of billions of other things that people have worked so hard to make.

Honestly I'm ecstatic about this game coming out. If this does release in USA. I'm automatically canceling my WoW subscription just to play this game.

Here's the races known that you can play as.

Saiyan (but it's an inbreed between humans and saiyans)
Namekians (inbreed between Namekians and some unknown race)
Majin (demons, I just heard this from some where)
and it looks like you can play as whatever race Supreme Kai is (maybe that's a majin, I dunno, but I saw a guy with purple skin and white hair, and wearing similar clothes as Supreme Kai).

I really hope this releases in USA. This would murder WoW.
Actually this probably won't be in USA till 2010, it's not supposed to come out in Japan til next year... Although at a press conference they said they want to release it world wide. 

Oh and it's being released for xbox 360, and pc.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 02:53:31 AM by Violent Ken Masters »

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:March 30, 2017, 10:27:21 PM
    • Email
Re: Dragonball online
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 02:54:55 AM »
SWEET! Sounds like a good idea! I'ma definitley gonna try this!!!  ^^(PM)^
Coming 2099.

Offline Darkgargos

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:October 10, 2017, 12:10:54 PM
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 03:42:36 AM »
Now this is a MMORPG I would actually play....screw WoW! Dragon Ball FTW! I've actually already heard about this...from what I heard there wont be any Super Saiyans because it takes place far in the future and the Saiyan race no longer can transform into higher forms..since now that they have mixed blood with humans and the Saiyan genes aren't as dominant as they used to be.

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 04:48:51 AM »
Now this is a MMORPG I would actually play....screw WoW! Dragon Ball FTW! I've actually already heard about this...from what I heard there wont be any Super Saiyans because it takes place far in the future and the Saiyan race no longer can transform into higher forms..since now that they have mixed blood with humans and the Saiyan genes aren't as dominant as they used to be.
I kind of have my doubts about that because
1. Mixed blood = more power
and
2. Trunks and Goten were able to transform to Super Saiyan at an ealier age than their fathers.

I think they won't let you turn supersaiyan until an expansion pack though.
Kind of like how WoW has epic flying mounts, A supersaiyan would be the equivalent to that.

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 05:13:53 AM »
wow it actually looks very fun.

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline KenshinX

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:September 18, 2011, 01:36:06 PM
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 06:00:22 AM »
I'm still hoping its this year been waiting 2 years for this game :(

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 06:43:52 AM »
and
2. Trunks and Goten were able to transform to Super Saiyan at an ealier age than their fathers.

Kind of like how WoW has epic flying mounts, A supersaiyan would be the equivalent to that.

Well, if they do allow Super Saiyan transformation that would be great...just wouldn't be the same without it. I did hear them say however that they wouldn't allow such a thing to occur as the bloodline has weakened over time and the Saiyans lost that ability, but maybe they have changed their minds. They should make attaining Super Saiyan very difficult if they do implement it...not just something any Saiyan in the game can achieve.....otherwise we will get millions of Super Saiyans all over the place....would just be weird  :D

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2008, 07:06:34 AM »
and

Well, if they do allow Super Saiyan transformation that would be great...just wouldn't be the same without it. I did hear them say however that they wouldn't allow such a thing to occur as the bloodline has weakened over time and the Saiyans lost that ability, but maybe they have changed their minds. They should make attaining Super Saiyan very difficult if they do implement it...not just something any Saiyan in the game can achieve.....otherwise we will get millions of Super Saiyans all over the place....would just be weird  :D
Well you can't get any epic flying mount in WoW just like that.
I hear that there's only one person on my server that has a Phoenix.

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2008, 07:26:18 AM »
and

That's true, I don't play WoW, but my cousin does so she tells me about that stuff. Anyway, yeah attaining Super Saiyan should be a rare honor just like those flying mounts in WoW. Too bad we won't see any SS4 in there as only pure blooded Saiyan's can do that, but oh well. I can't wait to see what they have planned for this game...in fact seeing this just makes me want a Dragon Quest MMORPG...I mean there's FFXI Online, why not Dragon Quest Online?

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2008, 10:53:45 AM »
and

That's true, I don't play WoW, but my cousin does so she tells me about that stuff. Anyway, yeah attaining Super Saiyan should be a rare honor just like those flying mounts in WoW. Too bad we won't see any SS4 in there as only pure blooded Saiyan's can do that, but oh well. I can't wait to see what they have planned for this game...in fact seeing this just makes me want a Dragon Quest MMORPG...I mean there's FFXI Online, why not Dragon Quest Online?
I'm not sure about pure blood saiyans because of Gotenks being able to go SS3, and he's a half breed (I say he's a half breed because both Goten and Trunks are half breeds).

Offline ★Leon★

• Kusanagi
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 16, 2008, 01:55:00 AM
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2008, 11:08:26 AM »
Sounds pretty cool, hopefully it would also have a PS3 port

Offline Negi Springfield

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:December 26, 2022, 03:12:38 PM
  • Got some change?!
    • Hokuto_no_Fan
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2008, 11:15:36 AM »
nope.
all the anime games are on the Xbox360
because the Xbox fanchise is the lowest selling series in the history of Japan,
thus
they release all there anime related games on there.
kinda sad though if you ask me,

anyway
yeah I remember this, been talked about for ages
XD
btw was I the only one that noticed that in the second video
they TIME TRAVEL TO THE SAYIAN SAGA AND HELP GOKU AGAINST VEGETA
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 11:17:18 AM by Negi Springfield »

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2008, 11:20:05 AM »
I'm not sure about pure blood saiyans because of Gotenks being able to go SS3, and he's a half breed (I say he's a half breed because both Goten and Trunks are half breeds).

Yeah, Gotenks was a fusion of two half saiyans..so he's still a half breed. As far as I know half saiyans can still attain SS3, but not SS4 as that requires pure saiyan blood and a tail...well Vegeta was able to turn into a SS4 without a tail..but that was an exception. The only two saiyans that ever became SS4 were the last pure blooded saiyans left and we all know who they are.....Goku and Vegeta. I wonder if they will include the various levels of Super Saiyan if they allow Super Saiyan at all....that might be a stretch..as I can see maybe SS1, but SS2 & SS3? hmmmmm..well it will be interesting to see what they are going to include and what gameplay elements there will be...just have to wait and see I guess.

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2008, 11:28:58 AM »
nope.
thus

anyway
XD
Yeah I think they just want to learn about what happened in the past or something, because in one of the parts you see them reading a history book.
DBGT isn't even really canon, and DBO ignores the DBGT timeline completely.

Yeah, Gotenks was a fusion of two half saiyans..so he's still a half breed. As far as I know half saiyans can still attain SS3, but not SS4 as that requires pure saiyan blood and a tail...well Vegeta was able to turn into a SS4 without a tail..but that was an exception. The only two saiyans that ever became SS4 were the last pure blooded saiyans left and we all know who they are.....Goku and Vegeta. I wonder if they will include the various levels of Super Saiyan if they allow Super Saiyan at all....that might be a stretch..as I can see maybe SS1, but SS2 & SS3? hmmmmm..well it will be interesting to see what they are going to include and what gameplay elements there will be...just have to wait and see I guess.

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2008, 11:46:48 AM »
nope.
thus

anyway
XD
Yeah I think they just want to learn about what happened in the past or something, because in one of the parts you see them reading a history book.

Yeah, I do realize people don't regard DBGT as canon..even though it was still made by the same studio and people that did DB & DBZ...it's just that Akira Toriyama wasn't involved that's all. Who really knows what we'll see in this game and then there's the possibility of expansions as well too...and it does look like time travel will be involved so that opens more possibilities. I can't wait to see the inclusion of the World Martial Arts Tournament as they have to include that so players can compete against each other, that would be so sweet!  ;D

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2008, 06:18:58 PM »
nope.
thus

anyway
XD

Yeah, I do realize people don't regard DBGT as canon..even though it was still made by the same studio and people that did DB & DBZ...it's just that Akira Toriyama wasn't involved that's all. Who really knows what we'll see in this game and then there's the possibility of expansions as well too...and it does look like time travel will be involved so that opens more possibilities. I can't wait to see the inclusion of the World Martial Arts Tournament as they have to include that so players can compete against each other, that would be so sweet!  ;D
Actually the anime's were very strongly based on the manga which were made by Akira Toriyama (some things were changed but you would have to actually look to notice them). Akira never made a DBGT manga though.

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2008, 09:02:32 AM »
Actually the anime's were very strongly based on the manga which were made by Akira Toriyama (some things were changed but you would have to actually look to notice them). Akira never made a DBGT manga though.

I know that there wasn't any manga on DBGT, I still enjoyed the anime though...except for the way it ended. I do wish Akira got involved in DBGT, but he was sick of doing DB and I don't blame him...he made more than enough.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Justice League Seattle Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 23, 2024, 12:14:06 PM]

Ancient Gears Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[September 20, 2024, 11:59:18 AM]

Classic VS : Balrog by ELECTRO
[September 17, 2024, 04:48:07 PM]

Justice League Metropolis Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 16, 2024, 11:57:49 AM]

Ultimate Mai Shiranui (FF2 & FF3) by nickfurry
[September 15, 2024, 02:27:53 AM]

thunderstrike eric masterson by Blagoy
[September 12, 2024, 02:41:33 PM]

Justice League Gotham Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 11, 2024, 09:41:42 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[September 07, 2024, 03:06:46 AM]

MatreroG's Stages W.I.P. Concepts by MatreroG
[September 06, 2024, 01:27:09 PM]

Justice League Flash Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[September 03, 2024, 10:30:40 AM]

* IMT Calendar

September 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28